Dec 2016 Brides

icic. thanks for replying.

auspicious timing for the customary should be important but not sure if they need the timing as the Master did not provide one. Will try talk to them about it. If they need it, have to get another Master to do it.

Btw which Master did you go to? any recommendation?

I went to long shi Fu. I think if u Google online. There's two fengshui master that's very popular. David tong and long shifu.

lovelybaby

it seems that Dec 9 and Dec 16, both are auspicious dates. Emailed quite a few hotels but all are fully booked.

Ladies, How early do you book your venue?

kewpie20

it seems that Dec 9 and Dec 16, both are auspicious dates. Emailed quite a few hotels but all are fully booked.

i book in oct. haha. met the coordinator in sep. we didnt choose those dates cuz not wkend. and wkend we only given xmas eve. in general, seems like 2016 is a good year to get married.

I booked in Sep! Wanted 29th October or 5th November but these two are hot dates. The venue I wanted already taken. Haha. Eventually chose 24th Dec :)

capricorn18

Hi dear, U book with Carlton on 10 Dec for weekend dinner? :) can I know the number of pax? I initially gg to see the ballroom :( U are faster than me though

hey dear,
the smaller ballroom (empress 1-3): min 20 max 22 tables
*this is still avail!*

empress 4-5: min 26 max 33 tables
(we liked the high ceiling so chose this instead.. booked 26 tables!)

what other hotels have you been to? any one u liked? ☺

Demisnail

Haha I did!! I guess I'll decide on Concorde!! Actually we only got one date that's why difficult to get a venue which I rly like. What about U? :)

We started emailing our venues of interested from the 2nd week of October and met up with the various coordinators (like 10 lol, but it was a super fun experience, we really enjoyed it), after we met up we emailed them again on the dates available for Nov and Dec 2016. To my surprise all the hotels of interest I emailed came up with "available" for most weekends :O I didn't expect them to be taken up like hot cakes.

As for me it was very difficult to decide on a date haha, we listed down all the weekends of November and December and slowly cancelled one date at a time. We just pick a date we like, didn't go to the shifu. Eventually went ahead with GWP.

capricorn18

Congrats!! Can I know how much u pay per table for Carlton? I'm still looking for venue as the choices I have in mind are all taken!!

I took Saturday night dinner at $1288++ 8 course menu.. adds up about $1550 nett?

yup! better hurry chope your venue!!! when I was hunting alot of hotels put me on waiting list or have already been booked

what hotels are you looking at? ☺

Demisnail

Hi dear, U book with Carlton on 10 Dec for weekend dinner? :) can I know the number of pax? I initially gg to see the ballroom :( U are faster than me though

I also did meet up with Carlton but all the dates were pending, they told me they hold their dates for indefinite period of time - I was quite shock lol cos usually after 2 weeks venues will usually not hold the booking.
Just drop by on your own first if you want, that's what I did, then meet up with the coordinator. I wanted to see for myself how the ballroom looked like, in case I didn't like then no point meeting up :D

Demisnail

I took Saturday night dinner at $1288++ 8 course menu.. adds up about $1550 nett?

yup! better hurry chope your venue!!! when I was hunting alot of hotels put me on waiting list or have already been booked

I'm like asking all my friends whose bto is arriving in 2017 to faster book!!! All dunno dates are selling out :D

Wendy Liew

hey dear,
the smaller ballroom (empress 1-3): min 20 max 22 tables
*this is still avail!*

empress 4-5: min 26 max 33 tables
(we liked the high ceiling so chose this instead.. booked 26 tables!)

what other hotels have you been to? any one u liked? ☺
Haha the one I been to and available are holiday inn orchard and Concorde. Holiday inn I dislike the pillar and half low half high ceiling thus not taking that. Most likely go for concorde :)

Wendy Liew

I also did meet up with Carlton but all the dates were pending, they told me they hold their dates for indefinite period of time - I was quite shock lol cos usually after 2 weeks venues will usually not hold the booking.
Just drop by on your own first if you want, that's what I did, then meet up with the coordinator. I wanted to see for myself how the ballroom looked like, in case I didn't like then no point meeting up :D
Haha! True!!! But I guess I'm left with one choice within our budget though!! Where is GWP? :)

Demisnail

Haha! True!!! But I guess I'm left with one choice within our budget though!! Where is GWP? :)

Goodwood Park! Liked the Victorian style throughout this heritage hotel.

This was one of my top choices before emailing the coordinators and it almost went from first to the last because I had bad experience upon initial contact point.

Samx

Hi dear, can I check with you is the reception for Carlton hotel shared? I understand that there are 3 ballrooms. Anyway I have shortlisted Concorde and Carlton so far. :)

Demisnail

Hi dear, can I check with you is the reception for Carlton hotel shared? I understand that there are 3 ballrooms. Anyway I have shortlisted Concorde and Carlton so far. :)

Hi! I thought it is usually ballroom 1-3, and ballroom 4-5, the reception will be along the corridor so it is not exclusive in the sense that you have to walk pass ballroom 1-3 to get to ballroom 4-5. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wendy Liew

Hi Wendy! Are they very strict on the minimum no of table? Must be 30? I really love the ballroom!
Hello! :) Initially the coordinator told us must be 30. But after decided, we email them to request to help reduce to min.28! But we told them we are quite firm that it will be 28-32 tables. U can try asking!

lovelybaby

Just went to view 2 hotels today. Im so in love with Grand Copthorne Grand Ballroom!! But Sheraton Towers menu is more to our liking..

But dont think we can meet their minimum table.

anyone know is there any hotels ballroom with high ceiling and require min 20 tables?