Darren and Jade Photography

5526.jpg

Rocking out with our faithful companion Mr. Groot! What a way to wrap up our shoot in Sumba with Elaine and Gab, with a blazing sunset behind us and all the emotions and good vibes pouring out everywhere! @darrenandjade @intoxincant @bennytgh @jadeyaumakeup
#********** #weddingscoop #sgbrides #sgweddingphotographer #shesaidyes #ido #weddingphotography #sonythemeofthemonth #weddinginspiration #weddinggoals #theknot #buzzfeedweddings #weddingstylist #gettingmarried #bridalideas #bridalcouture #bridegoals #sonylove #yestothedress #dirtybootsandmessyhair #weddingscoop #destinationwedding #weddinginspiration #theweddinglegends #sonysingapore #destinationphotographer #destinationbride #junebugweddings #weddingphotographer #singaporeprewedding

5599.jpg

We'd just wrapped up all the wedding festivities and things were winding down when this happened! Such a fun day with these two which was then followed later by a trip across the border to enjoy that world famous crayfish in JB! Always fun when our wedding experiences turns into friendships, and so happy to see these two off to an awesome start to married life!
#********** #weddingscoop #sgbrides #sgweddingphotographer #shesaidyes #ido #weddingphotography #weddingphotographer #weddinginspiration #weddinggoals #theknot #buzzfeedweddings #weddingstylist #gettingmarried #bridalideas #bridalcouture #bridegoals #letswed #yestothedress #dirtybootsandmessyhair #weddingscoop #destinationwedding #weddinginspiration #theweddinglegends #intimatewedding #destinationphotographer #destinationbride #junebugweddings #wedfolks #sonysingapore

5617.jpg

Goes without saying this is one of the most epic looking places we have ever shot at, it just looks so epic and futuristic! And Katherine's gown just matches the place so perfectly with the feels! Such a fun day with literally the entire day spent at the @jwmarriottsg from morning til late afternoon! We even had the gatecrashing in the ballroom which was pretty fun too hahah (think pushups galore lol) definitely a beautiful day to remember...
#********** #weddingscoop #sgbrides #sgweddingphotographer #shesaidyes #ido #weddingphotography #weddingphotographer #weddinginspiration #weddinggoals #theknot #buzzfeedweddings #weddingstylist #gettingmarried #bridalideas #bridalcouture #bridegoals #letswed #yestothedress #dirtybootsandmessyhair #weddingscoop #destinationwedding #weddinginspiration #theweddinglegends #intimatewedding #destinationphotographer #destinationbride #junebugweddings #wedfolks #sonysingapore

5741.jpg

@mysteryer and @cherylongsy had - literally - got off the plane and just arrived in Melbourne, and it was immediately off to running around the CBD for their shoot! It was a chilly morning but full of good times and energy as we got right into it! Loved their super contagious cheerful spirits, fantastic memories as we look back on our time together with them! .
#********** #weddingscoop #sgbrides #sgweddingphotographer #shesaidyes #ido #weddingphotography #sonythemeofthemonth #weddinginspiration #weddinggoals #theknot #buzzfeedweddings #weddingstylist #gettingmarried #bridalideas #bridalcouture #bridegoals #sonylove #yestothedress #dirtybootsandmessyhair #weddingscoop #destinationwedding #weddinginspiration #theweddinglegends #sonysingapore #destinationphotographer #destinationbride #junebugweddings #weddingphotographer #singaporeprewedding

5781.jpg

Out underneath the stars when we came across the coolest dairy farmer Rowan who was riding around his tractor doing some late night work when he invited us over to visit his farm of 300 cows! We dropped by the next morning and all saw how a dairy farm works for the first time in our lives. Aside from that awesome experience of course we had fun enjoying nature and all the awesome vibes of being in the great outdoors underneath a twinkling night sky!

5836.jpg

Been waiting for their wedding day so we could finally post this awesome set of photos from their prewedding! Just towards the end of our whirlwind tour through Melbourne with the funnest twosome in @dandyylions and @shawninoz, and of course, the inestimable @skkwok (not pictured but omnipresent) which was full of adventure, love, and their infectious energy and enthusiasm! It was a blast running nonstop through the CBD with them! Grateful to have been part of their wedding journey, and we have a whole series of their photos (and video) we can’t wait to share!
Gown: @friedabrides
MUA: @jadeyaumakeup
#********** #weddingscoop #sgbrides #sgweddingphotographer #shesaidyes #ido #weddingphotography #sonythemeofthemonth #weddinginspiration #weddinggoals #theknot #buzzfeedweddings #weddingstylist #gettingmarried #bridalideas #bridalcouture #bridegoals #sonysingapore #yestothedress #dirtybootsandmessyhair #weddingscoop #destinationwedding #weddinginspiration #theweddinglegends #sonysingapore #destinationphotographer #destinationbride #junebugweddings #weddingphotographer #singaporeprewedding

5907.jpg

One of the most fun spots we shot at with @danddylions and @shawninoz! While @skkowk and @jadeyaumakeup get a lookout for oncoming traffic whizzing by nonstop we had fun amongst the trees and afternoon breezeways out here in the countryside in Melbourne! Such great memories and we won't forget the warmth and good vibes from these two anytime soon.
MUA: @jadeyaumakeup
#********** #weddingscoop #sgbrides #sgweddingphotographer #shesaidyes #ido #weddingphotography #sonythemeofthemonth #weddinginspiration #weddinggoals #theknot #buzzfeedweddings #weddingstylist #gettingmarried #bridalideas #bridalcouture #bridegoals #sonysingapore #yestothedress #dirtybootsandmessyhair #weddingscoop #destinationwedding #weddinginspiration #theweddinglegends #sonysingapore #destinationphotographer #destinationbride #junebugweddings #weddingphotographer #singaporeprewedding

6044.jpg

6043.jpg

6042.jpg

6041.jpg

6040.jpg

6039.jpg

6038.jpg

6037.jpg

6036.jpg

6035.jpg

A most beautiful ceremony at St Andrew's Cathedral with @danddylinons and @shawninoz full of laughter, tears, and joy, and most of all the presence of God smiling above it all! Loved and treasured every single moment of this day and it's times like this that we just feel so humbled, grateful and blessed to be able to capture these moments! @darrenandjade @bennytgh @friedabrides @esthertanflowers

6171.jpg

This was one absolutely hilarious pose off between @joashed and @hdhchx! They just went for it in the sweet green clearing behind @thewhiterabbitsg and we can't say enough about their totally into it bridal party as well helping to fan out the dress..and suit Grateful to work with such a fun and energetic couple and their awesome friends which made for some seriously fun moments all day long!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Makeup: @xara_Lee
Suit: @assemblesg
Blooms: @bucketfullof_roses

6337.jpg

Our super sweet bride Li San right after getting ready, all prepped up for an awesome wedding day ahead! We love to take a few moments before the day begins and just take a breather and slow things up, because everything becomes just so hectic afterwards! A good time to just savor the morning and appreciate all that is to come on an amazing wedding day.
@darrenandjade @intoxincant @bennytgh

6673.jpg

Wow! Can't believe we've won our 12th @wppievents award! Honestly when we first started shooting I couldn't ever imagine we'd be able to say this, I can still remember looking through the winner's galleries year in and year out and just thinking how great it would be to ever be able to shoot a single picture like this that our couples would just remember forever, and treasure for the rest of their lives. //
We'd spent the morning with one of the most energetic and lively couples ever in @mayy_ng and @iggyseah, capturing their beautiful church wedding ceremony before heading over to @interconsin for their wedding reception, when finally (yes after like 10 years) we got to shoot at this famous stairway! Everything just clicked (pun intended) when we made this picture - the framing, lighting, and most of all, how comfortable and natural May and Iggy were with each other. //
I always say that every wedding photo is the result of teamwork - from the couple who put in so much work and effort and planning into their special day, to the photographers and videographers who have to prepare and come with their A game, and have a great team to work with...and the list goes on.
//
Thanks to our awesome couple May and Iggy, and @juanchan and @intoxincant who were there that morning too! @wppievents for organizing such a fantastic competition every year! And to all our couples, family and friends that support us through thick and thin, you know exactly who you are!
#********** #weddingscoop #sgbrides #sgweddingphotographer #shesaidyes #ido #weddingphotography #weddingphotographer #weddinginspiration #weddinggoals #theknot #buzzfeedweddings #weddingstylist #gettingmarried #bridalideas #bridalcouture #bridegoals #letswed #yestothedress #dirtybootsandmessyhair #weddingscoop #destinationwedding #weddinginspiration #theweddinglegends #intimatewedding #destinationphotographer #destinationbride #intercontinentalsingapore #wedfolks #sonysingapore

6722.jpg

Can't believe we get to close in on year end with this, placing 2nd Overall in the Prewedding Category in the @wppievents competition for our 13th award ever! Congrats to @mysteryer and @cherylongsy for this too, and making all this possible! You two were such a pleasure to shoot with, and I'm so proud of the effort you guys put in, and the enthusiasm you showed to make this shot happen! Feels like just yesterday we were all out here enjoying the beauty of the Twelve Apostles! We're certainly looking forward to capturing another chapter of your wedding journey on your special day next year!
//
Honestly, knowing the level of work that is out there it really feels unreal...as a wedding photographer you're kinda just shooting with your team week in and week out, meeting couples, and editing in a kinda silo, in your own world, just trying to do all you can for every wedding, and giving all your 1000% focus to each one, because each one is so special and you feel like you owe all your couples nothing less than your best.
//
So when we submit our work to a competition like this and put ourselves out there, we just don't know what to expect, because you're kinda locked into that world of yours. So to actually be recognized at this level is, I think, more than anything else, a super humbling experience because we feel like we just want to be thankful to God and everyone that's led us up to this point to where we've gotten to today. So yeah, just feeling so grateful and blessed, and really, don't know what else to say, but it's just been 10 long years of hard nonstop work and sacrifice on a personal level to chase our dreams and do what we love to do, which wouldn't be possible without all the love and support we are thankful to get every single day!
#********** #weddingscoop #sgbrides #sgweddingphotographer #shesaidyes #ido #weddingphotography #sonythemeofthemonth #weddinginspiration #weddinggoals #theknot #buzzfeedweddings #weddingstylist #gettingmarried #brid

7463.jpg

7462.jpg

2019 Lookback // @kenny.choe // Lyn & Mingxian's wedding was one of the most memorable for me because they truly have a style of their own - I just loved their outfits and their charisma!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Covering this wedding with @juanchan, I felt like I had the freedom to capture and explore different angles that usually wouldn't - there's nothing like great teamwork to make for a fantastic and memorable shoot!

7487.jpg

7486.jpg

7485.jpg

7484.jpg

7483.jpg

7482.jpg

7481.jpg

7480.jpg

7479.jpg

7478.jpg

2019 Lookback // @juanchan // Every wedding is unique and important, so it’s not right to compare. However, as a wedding photographer, the most significant one this year was covering both their solemnisation and actually day wedding of a fellow couple from church, Charlyn and Justin. They were introduced to me by an elder who I respect very much. It’s been an honour to be trusted to capture such an important milestone. Overall, being able to build relationships with the many couples who have trusted me has been one of the most fulfilling outcomes of 2019!

7593.jpg

On behalf of our team @juanchan, @kenny.choe, @intoxincant and @bennytgh, here's wishing you all a most amazing 2020 up ahead! We're beyond grateful for all of our amazing couples who have trusted us with their wedding photography and videography over the past year and we never forget we wouldn't be here without you! Keep smiling, laughing, and enjoying all the good vibes that life has to offer!

9016.jpg

Loved shooting in the morning with @prettypoem as she got prepped for the big day ahead!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Lots of big laughs, good times, and golden light to top it all off. It's super important for us that everyone has an amazing time at their wedding, so we try to do our small part by keeping things light hearted and fun!

9699.jpg

Nothing like some light saber action to get things started during the portrait shoot ☺️☺️ and how that dress flares tho! Superfun times and grateful for Elaine’s bros who knew just the right props to bring downstairs to make this happen!

9858.jpg

So much to do with these lightsabers and so little time! But we definitely got some shots in and loved the energy @prettypoem's bros brought to the party! Love completely unexpected moments like this that really add such a sweet touch to the wedding day, we totally live for it!!

Zubida

Nice to see all of the pictures. All the locations that you choose were a fantastic place for a photoshoot. Everything seems to be just perfect and you guys did a good job for capturing the moment. Go ahead.

12977.jpg

12976.jpg

Thinking of Mother’s Day brings me back to me and Jade’s wedding - it was beautiful seeing my mom there, smiling and laughing, and enjoying our special day! Grateful for the blessing she’s been in my life and all the little things she always does of that shows she really cares. It was awesome reliving our wedding again and going through the pictures to dig out these gems, and always a great reminder of why we love shooting family photos during the weddings we cover. They’re just so priceless and these photos really helped me to remember just how amazing it was to share this moment with my mom! Wishing a happy Mother’s Day to all the incredible heroines out there...our lives are as special as they are because of you! ♥️
: @jennyyingwu

13182.jpg

Going right along with our theme of favorite moments with mothers, here’s one of the sweetest veilings we’ve ever witnessed, with Clara and her mom - definitely felt so special to have been a part of this one and the rest of the day turned out to be just as amazing the morning was!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Photography: @darrenandjade
Videography: @xinyi.atp @benny.atp

13212.jpg

We'll always remember sharing this moment with Brenda and her mom, we can't quite imagine the happiness and how emotional yet special of a moment it must be for a mother to see their daughter getting married...love being there for times like this, they're just so precious! ♥️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
: @darrenandjade
: @xinyi.atp @benny.atp

13294.jpg

Yusss we love sparklers especially on the beach during blue hour! A most amazing time ⏰ with Tiffany and Xuian Ming on their special day and we couldn’t imagine a better way to wrap things up - let’s also not forget their freaking awesome Friends tees they had made for the entire bridal party too..what a sweet idea! : @darrenandjade

13487.jpg

This morning ⛅️ as I went for my daily bike ride I was watching the sunrise over the reservoir and it triggered so many warm memories from all the sunrise shoots we’ve had over the years…waking us super early to get to a certain spot for that epic light, too many memorable shoots to mention! Whether it was out to places like France , Jeju island , Sumba, Bali, , Japan , Great Ocean Road , or even the many times close by here just at Coney Island , or on wedding days for countless amazing bridal party sessions, I just felt so overwhelmed a bit thinking about these experiences because it all came flooding back at once.
Usually weddings are a year round thing so I don’t often get downtime to reflect on everything that’s happened, but this morning I did, and it just made me realize that all these shared experiences with our couples at such a bright moment in their lives is so precious yet so fleeting. Some of them, we never see them again and we move in with our lives but always look back and think of the wedding moments fondly. Some of them, we have forged incredible friendships with and still keep in touch 5-10 years later, and some of them, we were friends with already but become even closer because of it.

Just makes me realize that the moments we get to share with our couples are just so meaningful to us as photographers and videographers. . And whether you as one of our couples realizes it or not, you’ve impacted our lives and given us a gift in something so incredibly touching to look back on and makes us appreciate even more so the chance to do what we do! : @darrenandjade

13585.jpg

I still remember that morning outside with @kayeta and @fishbeflippin like it was yesterday! I think we were on like day 6 of our shoot out in Mongolia and it was absolutely freezing that day! But out we went and caught this most epic sunrise over the most beautiful river and off to our right was all the herds of cows and yaks grazing in the fields. Loved this moment and we just had the most fun times together exploring everywhere! The wilderness of Mongolia is just so rugged and raw, and really makes you feel like you soooo out there! Just an incredible time enjoying the landscape around us and this awesome couple. Times like this totally makes me feel nature deprived and wish we could get out there again!

13834.jpg

Was just thinking about our amazing time with @twogowander out in Jeju Island! Magical rainbows and waterfalls , and lots of incredible Korean food (thanks so much to our resident foodies who had planned out every single meal on our trip ). Such a beautiful experience and we can't say enough about how much fun it is traveling with a couple that loves to live in the moment and really knows how to enjoy life! : @darrenandjade
: @xinyi.atp

13855.jpg

As we clambered all the way down the steps to this roaring waterfall we suddenly spotted the shimmering rainbow and got superrrrr excited to make some sweet photos happen! Fortunately we managed to get this one shot (one of my favorite ever!) before the rainbow disappeared ever so quickly, just like that it was gone - not to mention it was pretty challenging with all the tourists ‍♀️ milling around too haha! Such a great time with @twogowander and we went to get some award-winning Korean coffee ☕️ a few blocks way afterwards which totally got our morning off to an awesome start! The landscapes in Jeju are really something else and we've seen a lot of places during our shoots but really came away wowed by it all!
: @darrenandjade
: @xinyi.atp

14006.jpg

Pink beaches totally make our day! Can't get enough of these island vibes and can't wait to get out there again hopefully sooner rather than later! Our super terrific couple Annabel and Joel who were up for everything and anything during our time together traversing these sweet Balinese seascapes!

14024.jpg

One of the most miraculous vistas I've ever seen, with the morning fog gliding over the still water and watching the sun rise just over the surrounding hills! And to top it off, we just loved these amazing double Balinese rowboats that just totally made this picture that much more special!

14087.jpg

Over the past couple months we've had a lot of our wonderful couples asking us how we are in these lockdown times. Well the answer is... We miss shooting so much! Just being out there and capturing super special moments for them. Weddings and all things wedding related are like just about our favorite thing to be shooting and it really feels like something is seriously missing when we've been doing it so regularly for 10 years and suddenly it's gone just like that! Really gives us a sense of appreciation now more than ever for what a privilege it is to be able to do what we do for a living, and more so to play a small part in our couples' wedding journeys too!

14149.jpg

A most enchanting time with Brenda and Jian Hao, two of our favoritest teachers ‍ we've ever met! Heaps of fun on this early morning shoot and totally makes me miss how Coney Island used to be before they started setting up barriers everywhere! Always love shooting here and hands down my favorite nature spot in all SG! ☘️

14193.jpg

Times like this just make you appreciate everyone you know that much more. All your friends and family, and just being able to see them and spend time with them. Something we really took for granted ‍♀️ before, who would've ever thought things would end up like this? Hope you're all doing good and we get to hang out again soon!

14238.jpg

One last shot with Brenda and Jian Hao to wrap up this series, such a sweet couple that was our pleasure to shoot with. And their wedding day turned out to be amazing too, up on the rooftop overlooking the city at Aura at the National Gallery!