// SO MANY THINGS HAD TO HAPPEN // to make all this possible! While I was writing up in my journal the other morning, I realized the million and one things that had to happen for us to be together again which I'll share below. And I'd be lying if I said it was all easy - it was such an emotional and mental rollercoaster that I hope none of you have to ever go through.
1) SG Airlines opened up a new flight to Melb from SG - flights at the time were going for $6k return and when Jade sent me the link I managed to get the last seat on the last flight for $2.8k return!⠀
2) Aus increased the international weekly cap in Oct (you can get a notification your flight will not take off if you are not under the cap, which I was super worried about)!⠀
3) Getting approvals for a travel visa and special exemption to enter Australia
4) Having enough time to go back thru Feb - essential as there could be max 4 weeks of quarantine
5) Financial support to take 2.5 months off and cover the costs of quarantine ($3k) and the flights ($2.8k) and not earning for so long.⠀
6) Passing 2 COVID tests while in quarantine in Sydney, knowing how infectious the virus is - which would have possibly made me miss Nate's birth, one of the best moments of my life!⠀
7) Victoria's reduction in COVID cases and easing of restrictions which let us feel more comfortable for me to fly here.⠀
8) Nate waiting to pop out only after we had a bunch of maternity shoots, instead of arriving before my arrival!⠀
Looking back at my last post on 9/27, I said it was so unlikely I would get to be here, but that we would pray for a miracle to happen. And it did! For us this just showed us God's love and power and how He just literally moved mountains to make this all happen. More than ever we feel blessed and so grateful to have His presence in our lives! Literally way too many things fell in to place for this all to be coincidence!⠀
One last thing - we had to shoot at the Brighton Bathing Boxes again! It's such a special place for us as we were there for our prewedding, wedding day, and now maternity shoot! Love the colors there and how fun it to make pictures in this rainbow!