Create New Conversation

guppy

Hi Chin Leng, just a suggestion,

maybe u could put the Create New conversation button on top of each thread, so we no need to scroll all the way down to click the button, esp for those very very long ones.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Guppy,

Thank you for your suggestion. We hope that users will be able to go through the topic listing and search for similar subject first before creating a new topic. That's why we had "Create New Conversation" at the bottom of the topics page.

We also understand that some of the topic pages may be too long and we have been removing the less active topics to reduce the number of listing. We hope that when we complete the whole process, the forum will be tidier and more organised.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

jayme

the few selected dining banquet are all focusing on hotels. can't you guys also provide more information on restaurants too! sometimes restaurant food taste better than hotels and they are cheaper!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jayme,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your posting. The featured hotels (with pictures and write-ups) are actually our clients or working partners.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

eos

Hi Chin Leng,

is there another way to create a new conversation other than going to the particular topic n click on the "Create New Conversation" at the end of the page?

if not, is it possible to move the "Create New Conversation" frm the bottom of the topic to the beginning? cos we r still using modem n some time it can take a long time to load, especially if the topic has many posting... hope u understand wat i mean...

Thanks...

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eos,

I apologise that currently we can't place "Create New Conversation" to the top of the topic as it had been hard-coded. The reason "Create New Conversation" is placed at the bottom is to allow users to search through the topics so that a similar topic will not be placed.

We understand that some of the categories have many topics and will cause the download time to be long. Please let us know the category you are facing the most problem now and we'll see how we can assist further.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

eos

Hi Chin Leng,

Thanks for the info, the topic is "Home and Deco".

Maybe you could have another location where we could start a new thread for the topic.

There are serveral reasons we did want to go through all the threads in the topic

1. The list is too long.
2. If the thread is not active then the info may be old (ie in 2001 or 2k2 etc).
3. After some time, ppl may starts to discuss some else other than the stated topic.

thanks.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eos,

We'll try to do maintenance by deleting some of the older and redundant topics first. This would help to reduce the loading time of "Home and Deco".

The "Home and Deco" section would be tidied-up by Monday.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

stitch

Hi Chin Leng,

Can help me delete the multiple postings at Anything Under The Sun: Mummy of Baby from 1 - 6 months ? I accidentally posted 2more coz i trying to upload a photo.

Thanks !!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Stitch,

No worries, the postings have been deleted. Thanks for highlighting it to me!
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eos,

Sorry for the delay but we've managed to removed 675 topics from "Home and Deco" section. This had reduced the file size from 380 KB to the current 220 KB. The page should load faster now.

Please feel free to contact me if you require any further assistance.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

eos

Hi Chin Leng,

It sure load faster now... Thanks...
happy.gif

By the way, got a question:

cld the date beside the each thread/post/topic be in the format of say yy/mm/dd? or something like tat to include the year?

cheers!
happy.gif

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eos,

Yes, we are in the process of upgrading the forum software. When the upgrade is completed, the date beside the topic will be in the format of yy/mm/dd.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Pris,

At the bottom of all categories except "Announcements" and "Advice by the experts", you'll see a "Start New Thread" link. Click on it and you'll be able to start a new topic.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

voice_0229

Hi Ching Leng

Thanks. I'll try that. Is there a fee to pay if there is any supplier who wise to advertise their services/products on Singapore Brides? How much will it be?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Pris,

Thank you for your interest in advertising with SingaporeBrides. You may like to send an enquiry to [email protected] for more information on our advertising package. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further queries.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.