Cooking Recipes as promised

melbz

When using the lemongrass, discard the tough outer leaves and root. Slice the bulbous section into rings, or strips if you intend to remove it from the cooked dish, and bruise the pieces to release the flavour before adding it.

hippie

hey thks a lot melbz...
happy.gif

tweety_bird

Hi all, any ideas how to make tempura? My hubby tried coating prawns with the tempura powder but it's not like wat we eat in jap restaurants.

One more thing: we don't seem to succeed in roasting chicken wings in our microwave oven. It turns out charred n the wings stick onto the aluminium foil which we place on top of the baking tray. Sigh... thot with microwave, food will be easier to prepare?

postpet2

hi hazel,

need your help!
Tried the kaya recipe, but it never turn to look like kaya at all.
After stirring in the eggs, i put it to boil and stirring it continuously.
But it kinda of become wattery and curddles. In the end, its just curddles and water. not kaya at all.

Can i know what happen?

pooh_ger

hi mindy,
i do hav a collection of recipe which i collected from this forum archives thread but the files is very big if u do not mind i can try to email u!
happy.gif

hi all hope this thread will come alive again like wat it used to be cos i really love cooking & baking but also ended up in mess
lame.gif
, i've actually read up all the archives & noe dat there are great cooks here!

pooh_ger

hi pinkdolphin,
I'll email it to u shortly ok....
biggrin.gif

Hi okeanosmao,
okie...U most welcum!
bounce.gif

hi ladies,
i oso have some other recipes collected from other websites if u r interested let me noe i can send it 2 u
proud.gif

keruri

Hi Winnie,
I love to cook and bake too. I'm so happy to see this thread here. Can u share with me your collection of recipes? Thanks thanks!
happy.gif

keruri

Hi tobebride,
I used to attend the National Cooking class to learn how to cook with the microwave. I have quite a few recipes but all in hard copy. If you want, I can mail you. Is there anything you are looking for in particular? Cooking or baking? I also have recipes for mango pudding and bbq chicken wings.
happy.gif
you may wanna consider trying out the lessons there. they are quite good as their recipes are relatively simple to follow.

tobebride

Thanks Winnie.

Hi keruri, I'm looking for cooking in particular. I've attended 1 of the National cooking classes in which we did bbq chicken wings and glutinous rice. If you've other recipes on cooking I'm interested.

Thanks.

muah

Hi All,

If you're looking for recipes that work, you can also try cookbooks by Betty Saw. Her recipes are very homemade (ie. easy!--just like what mum makes) and they work very well. She's got both savouries and sweets. All work well.

Some others I have tried also include "Cook Malaysian", "The New Mrs Lee's Cookbook" and "Cuisine Unplugged". All three cookbooks feature different types of cuisine and are all rather easy and straight forward to do. "Cuisine Unplugged" is great for when my own friends come over! Easy, hip Western style recipes. Easy to do and they look good on the table!

happy.gif

sparks

Hi,

Need help, anyone of you own a microwave that can both grill & bake?? Cld we use metal trays to bake in them or we need to use oven proof glass?

keruri

Hi sparks,
I have a bake & grill microwave. Yes, you can use metal trays to bake or grill your food if u are in the bake or grill mode. If you have oven-proof glass like pyrex, you can use them also.
happy.gif

keruri

hi all,
Winnie & I are organising a get-together to exchange cooking tips & recipes in mid-June. Wonder if any of you food lovers would like to join us? we shld be going for high tea. Date is tentatively set on Jun 19 (Sat). Any takers?
we'd love to see you there.
happy.gif