Conrad Centennial Singapore

chenchen

Hi Angeline, Sweets, Puiggy, Binbin,

Wow! A cutie and nice too? Ok. Will do. Gonna make an appointment with Mark this weekend. I was reading through past postings and noticed that someone was able to get these in their contract for their 30 tables and above:

- All corkage waived for duty paid hard liquor
- Corkage waived for 2 bottles of wine per table
- 2 nights stay in bridal suite (upgrade if available)
- 1 free 30l barrel of beer
- 10 pax food tasting
- 70% invitation cards
- 20% parking
- first anniversary dinner or top up $80+++ for a room for helpers

Did you guys manage to get them too?

Sweets, thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I will jazz up the centrepieces too.
happy.gif

jas_thm

Hi chenchen,
That would be me right?
anyway, ask for stuff you need. Like in my case cause family are wine drinkers, i asked for more corkage. If you don't need that, ask for something else

chenchen

Hi Jasmine,

Ummm...it could be you. Read so many I can't remember who posted what now. Heheh...

Seems like you managed to get yourself a good deal. Thx for your suggestion.
happy.gif

I went down today and saw the ballroom for the fifth time. They had dimmed the lights and the tea lights and other candles were burning brightly. It looked so romantic.

landy

hi i m a Sept COnrad Bride to be, i am looking for someone with photos of the ballroom w TOP UP flowers.. cos those Conrad giving us is veri little...

jas_thm

Hi Cher,
Maybe you would want to get a florist to do the top up. Conrad charges quite a bit on topping up. For me, i think i will stick to the decor they gave cause it is nice enough.
happy.gif

chenchen

Hi jasmine,

Went through the postings again and realized that it was you. Oops... hope you won't sue me for plagarism. Heheh.
happy.gif
Well, I'm seriously considering Conrad for my wedding next year. Managed to make an appointment with one of the coordinators already.

Hmm... noticed that your wedding is coming up real soon. I'm sure you're very excited. Do give us a detailed account from your AD ok?

chenchen

Hi Sweets,

Is that your centre piece? The one with the three candles and orchids/cybidium? It's gorgeous. I rather have that than the ones provided by Conrad.

Could you let me in on how you managed to create them? As in where you sourced for the flowers and candles, how much they were and how you got Conrad to help you arrange the flowers on AD? I'm going to Canada this summer and hopefully I could get some reasonably priced candles.

If it's not convenient for you to elaborate here, maybe you could PM or email the details to me? My address is [email protected] .

Thanks tonnes.
happy.gif

puiggy

Hi binbin, sweets, iamschizoid

I'm now offically a conrad btb... signed wif catheryn over e weekend *phew* settled e banquet finally.

Sweets,
ur deco is really pretty!! hmmm... i'll be gg bangkok soon... maybe can check out if there's pretty n cheap candles there. ur wedding must haf been so romantic!
happy.gif

Iamschizoid,
when is ur AD? if u've decided on e date make a tentative booking with them 1st esp if it's a weekend u're considering

Jasmine,
did conrad give u bottles of wine? is e waiver of 2 bottles of wine in addition to what they have provided?

chenchen

Hi puiggy,

Congrats! Yes, I might be making a tentative booking soon. It really depends on how the meeting goes. Are you able to share with me the perks you managed to get from your coordinator? Was she accommodating? I’m looking at somewhere between 25-29 tables so will probably not be able to get the same perks as Jasmine.

1) No. of night stay in bridal suite (upgrade if available)?
2) Is it possible to trade the anniversary dinner for another night stay?
3) Free wine? How many bottles?
4) Waiver of both hard liquor and wine?
5) Food tasting for how many guests?

Sorry for the gazillion questions. My address is [email protected].

Thanks a million!
happy.gif

peekaboo

hihi...im oso a conrad bride-to-be...
does anyone know if conrad has changed favours?
when i signed up, they told me only chocolates were available...was wondering if there are other alternatives now?

sweets

iamschizoid,
candles were from Ikea (I lugged them home from China with the help of my then fiance - he wasn't happy as they were so heavy, you may wish to consider getting the candles locally), the plain creme colored pillar ones. As my theme colors were olive green, creme and gold, I decorated the candles using artifical plants (just purchase interesting ferns and glue them on) as well as pin heads (can be purchased from stationary shops, I bought mine from popular bookshops and just stuck them around the rim e.g. look at the shortest candle).

As for the dish the serving plates the 3 candles sat on, You may want to search around for nice service plates (sometimes can get nice plastic ones) or for me I used chargers (those plates that you put on the table and stack it with the makan plate on top?, since Conrad only has 30 tables max, I bought 30 of them @ less than USD2 when they were on sale and now share them with my mom for occassions). Here's an example:
287588.jpg

I think you can also consider wrapping something with gold foil or consider reflective surface areas to pick up the candle lights
happy.gif
Its really pretty when the entire room is filled with candlelight and flowers. Debby had the lights dimmed especially to show me the effect of the ballroom before the guests came in, really felt accomplished then! (haha)

In all honesty, I love crafts and enjoy doing them. Moreover, I had to adhere to a budget and hence didn't have that money to splash for extra decor. So DIY it was
happy.gif

Debby was the one who got the florist to do the rest actually. I'd just told her what my color theme and showed her a sample of my centerpieces, gift for the guests as well as menus and she and her team did the ENTIRE thing with the flowers themselves.

I think communication with your coordinator is key. We have a very good rapport with Debs dearie and even till today we remain good frens and meet up for makan whenever we are back
happy.gif
So no worries ladies, Conrad really makes dreams come true
happy.gif

I think BKK has wooden chargers that are pretty cheap too!! Can consider
happy.gif

Lourdes, can pass your email?

Hope this helps ladies
happy.gif

sweets

iamschizoid,
candles were from Ikea (I lugged them home from China with the help of my then fiance - he wasn't happy as they were so heavy, you may wish to consider getting the candles locally), the plain creme colored pillar ones. As my theme colors were olive green, creme and gold, I decorated the candles using artifical plants (just purchase interesting ferns and glue them on) as well as pin heads (can be purchased from stationary shops, I bought mine from popular bookshops and just stuck them around the rim e.g. look at the shortest candle).

As for the dish the serving plates the 3 candles sat on, You may want to search around for nice service plates (sometimes can get nice plastic ones) or for me I used chargers (those plates that you put on the table and stack it with the makan plate on top?, since Conrad only has 30 tables max, I bought 30 of them @ less than USD2 when they were on sale and now share them with my mom for occassions). Here's an example:
287592.jpg

I think you can also consider wrapping something with gold foil or consider reflective surface areas to pick up the candle lights
happy.gif
Its really pretty when the entire room is filled with candlelight and flowers. Debby had the lights dimmed especially to show me the effect of the ballroom before the guests came in, really felt accomplished then! (haha)

In all honesty, I love crafts and enjoy doing them. Moreover, I had to adhere to a budget and hence didn't have that money to splash for extra decor. So DIY it was
happy.gif

Debby was the one who got the florist to do the rest actually. I'd just told her what my color theme and showed her a sample of my centerpieces, gift for the guests as well as menus and she and her team did the ENTIRE thing with the flowers themselves.

I think communication with your coordinator is key. We have a very good rapport with Debs dearie and even till today we remain good frens and meet up for makan whenever we are back
happy.gif
So no worries ladies, Conrad really makes dreams come true
happy.gif

I think BKK has wooden chargers that are pretty cheap too!! Can consider
happy.gif

Lourdes, can pass your email?

Hope this helps ladies
happy.gif

puiggy

Iamschizoid, i have replied... check ur mail!
happy.gif

Hi sweets,

Can i view ur pics too? *hand raise high high*
my email add: [email protected]
btw... where can i get artifical plants similar to urs?

Hi peek-a-boo,
nope... conrad's favours r extremely limited... only chocolates or fruit cakes. i'm hoping they might increase their range next yr
happy.gif

sweets

Puiggy,
I bought my artifical plants all over, Concorde was one place I remember. Will go home and email tonite
happy.gif

Peekaboo, think not many people keep favors anyway. That's why I hand made mine so that it was something that people WOULD want to keep and display
happy.gif

benbang

iamschizoid (chenchen)

Hi have you signed with conrad?? Mark , he is cute as in those cubby kind of cute, but most importantly he is frenly, i think the additional stuff you can bargin for is pretty much same as everyone ......... but i think he can give you more when the date comes nearer........ altot it cant be stated in the contract but he is quite nice......

here is a list of things you can try bargin.... again ....

food tasting for 10
day used room (mus used the ann voucher to change) can be
additional nite stay
wavier of wine
seat cover

but keep your finger cross , cos i think they are good at upgrading your rooms ect when the date is nearer
happy.gif

halo sweet
you have picture of your wedding day to share ??
wana have a feel like how the ballroom will look like when it is fully decorated
happy.gif

chenchen

Hi sweets,

Thanks for such a informative posting. Really appreciate it. Now looking forward to be an official Conrad bride coz of the good advices and suggestions I'm getting from you all.

Oh yeah, could I also take a look at your beautiful ballroom pix if you've got any? It can be with or without people. I'll bet it was breathtaking. Oh, how many guests did you invite?
happy.gif

- - - - - -
Hi angeline,

Thanks for your suggestions for bargaining. By the way, how many tables did you have and I thought the chair covers were already included in the standard package?
happy.gif

- - - - - -
Hi puiggy,

Thanks, I'll go home and check my mail tonight.
happy.gif

sweets

ladies, sent le, but not the best pix of the ballroom, i need to go dig out more actually...let me see if i can find better ones for u all
happy.gif

Iamschizoid, I think we did about 26-27 *12 tables, my memory has failed me. Need to go dig out my notes which are not with me actually. Yes, chair cover are part of the package. Heard that they have pink table covers now...so sweet !! think pink, silver and creme or pink, green and gold makes nice combi!!

jas_thm

Hi everyone,
Dun worry chenchen will not sue anyone.
happy.gif
I got total of 2 wine corkage wavied per table. Taking full 34 tables so 68 bottles wavied total. Didn't ask them for wine. My aunt does wine and she is sponsering
happy.gif

Hi sweets, your centerpieces really very nice. But i don't have the time or talent to do this.

benbang

Hi Chen chen

Opps yup the seat cover is part of the package
happy.gif

i only book the min 25 table 1st , if wana add more tables lata then bargin for more things
happy.gif

But i think if you got 30 tables ot more you can bargin for more stuff.........

the only minus piont, is that we will have to find own projector and need 2 sets of them .........
happy.gif

Hi Sweet,
Thanks for sharing the photo, you look like a princess
happy.gif
and very romantic to have the 1st dance at your wedding, always wanted one but my FH objected to it...... the large candles and strawberries display part of decoration provided by conrad???
happy.gif

binbin

helo helo, congrats to puiggy being an official conrad bride!
happy.gif
as for your queries, u can exchange anni stay for something else, like day use room as what is mentioned by iamschizoid. but dun think u can exchange it for another night stay coz that cost is much higher.

sweets, u are really good with your craft.
happy.gif
and creative too, very nice.
happy.gif
my table deco is added on my my florist, and mine is like a garden theme,with more ivys around the centrepiece and trailing down across the table. i had golden orchids, roses and cymbidium orchids too but they were from my florist. urs provided by conrad ah? cymbidiums are pretty expensive, you so good conrad provided them. ;) i wanted to have dance with hubby too hahha but he freaked out at the idea ah. ended up he surprised me with a guitar piece that night that moved me to tears.

your strawberries are lovely! i had wanted that but i think in the end we got crudites instead, which are healthy nibbles, sticks of celery and vege displayed in the foyer area.

pink table deco? cool...i love pink! hehehe....its good that they change colour combi once in while. yes debby is a dear, she's a lovely lady. we celebrated our anniversary in conrad recently and she took the effort to make our stay memorable. love her!
happy.gif

binbin

elo angeline, i din use conrad's florists for the top up, used my own who is Poppy Flora. she did my bridal car, bouquets, church deco, petal cones, all my flowers in fact. i top up close to $2K i think. photos i have, but sadly my photographer took mostly VIP table deco which i did not change. the guest table only taken by my BIL, and its in hardcopy, need to scan. maybe i do it sometime soon, will share with u if i do.
happy.gif

kittyhello

halo Conrad Brides,

Like to check wat is Conrad rating in the market ?

& Halo ex conrad brides,

How u find ur experience w Conrad ? Any regrets ?

chenchen

Hi Binbin,

Would it be alright if I were to contact your florist? Was thinking that since she's done Conrad before, she'll probably be familiar with the standard package and should know what is needed to make it more outstanding. Hmm.. wonder if she can provide me with a quote. Do you think the charges will be less for just topping up the flowers in the ballroom?

Can email me her contacts? My address is [email protected]

Thanks!
happy.gif

chenchen

Hi kittyhello,

Although I'm not yet a conrad bride, it's pretty safe to say that the hotel is rated 5 stars and above. You'll know what I mean once you visit them and step into the lobby.
happy.gif

momikoko

hi to all conrad brides,
im jan 2006 conrad bride and have actually signed the contract with them in dec 2004,,kiasu hor.. ;P ..can i still request for 10pax food tasting??
happy.gif

gooobergrape

I have spare Conrad cream envelopes and cards.
let me know if you need to buy more. ps: i have more envelopes than cards tho... good when you write wrongly on the envelope.

landy

hi Kitty, i juz done my printing at T dragon. Think can hotstamp the map for you. I took some red ones and hot stamp w map for relatives.