Choa Chu Kang Cresent / Yew Tee

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">alex,</FONT>
thx for the contact.. will try to ask them if they can change... since now our reno already completed.. not sure if they'll juz blame it on our renovators.

D

damnjian

Hi all,

I have been rather inactive all these while but will try to "contribute" more often now.My house reno is going to complete soon,after some delay due to rectifications.I have read in this thread that you guys have been visiting each other's units.Perhaps we could do some exchange also?
Now that my house is almost done,my next task will be to shop for furniture.Also got some like the sofa and bed etc but will be getting the electrical appliances, dining tables etc.Will be busy with my wedding preparation also...after my exma is over.Anyone here staying in Blk 691B?

M

milong

Hi damnjian
I'm staying at blk 691B
happy.gif

D

damnjian

Hi milong,

Read from the thread that you are having your reno also.How's the progress?

M

milong

Hi damnjian
now onli left carpentary work
shld be finish in 2 weeks time

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">damnjian, milong,</FONT>
wah, so gd, the 2 of u juz need to go to diff level to go visiting.. me &amp; <FONT COLOR="ff6000">alex</FONT> still gotta go to level 1, walk across, take lift again, then can reach each other's hse..
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">damnjian,</FONT>
no lah, we hvn't really went <FONT COLOR="0000ff">visiting</FONT> each other.. only <FONT COLOR="ff6000">beibei &amp; hubby's</FONT> been to <FONT COLOR="ff6000">alex</FONT> &amp; my place.. &amp; <FONT COLOR="ff6000">alex</FONT> &amp; i oso been to each other's place..

oh, forgot to add.. me oso been to <FONT COLOR="ff6000">sweetiee's</FONT> place... way b4 we started reno cos went to collect mag mah...
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">milong,</FONT>
think carpentry is where all minor problems will occur..
lame.gif
better keep an eye &amp; check as &amp; when they've done whatever carpentry.. if u wait till all are up then check, then will hv big headache lor...
crazy.gif

N

new homeowner

Hi everyone,

Have a question regarding cracks in tiles. Did anyone of your units have cracks(think purposely cracked to enable easy fitting) around pipe area? Becaused I noticed my unit has quite a few of these (around piping to toilet bowl, pipe to sink, and water-heater pipe).

Thanks for any feedback!

new homeowner

M

milong

Hi angelia
everytime I go to my house will check their work
so far so good
happy.gif

angelia

that's good!! think muz appoint <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Alex</FONT> to do up a schedule for "Home Visiting" soon..
lame.gif
then we can go house to house every wkend..
bounce.gif

alex

Hi Angelia,

Me just came back from office after receing many "arrows". Yesterday received a call from Reservist and kana "arrow" also. Now in the website kana another "arrow" Hmmmm dun noe recently why huh...
11133.gif

Anyway, still can do it lor...
happy.gif

Hi All,

This coming Sat will be visiting Adam's unit. But limited to Alex &amp; Partner, Angelia &amp; Partner, Kirin &amp; partner, and beibei &amp; partner. Limited people for this week only becuase Adam afraid it might turn out to be a open house on that day. Ooooppp....
biggrin.gif

After that will go to each other for visiting lor... Me, Angelia, beibei, kiring will conform with Adam thru H/p on Sat again.

Next week who interested? Dun worry lah. Believed all people are good people lor...

Share with you one incident. One of my friend have a new house in Pungol. As usual new house always have people peep peep lor. So he allow them in to see see. After which my friend ask whether he could go to their house see see because upstair only. Guess what that visitor's parents say quitely which my friend over heard... dun allow stanger to go to your house. dun now he good or not.... very stange hor... that visitor can go to other people's house but dun allow people to go to theirs... I think that anuty a bit "siao"

angelia

hahah.. so funny.. recently u din say ur prayers izzit?!! kidding..

hmm... i'm afraid this Sat i can't make it liao.. cos need to help hubby shift his stuff, then oso need to prepare for my Sunday's guo da li stuff.. probably can join u all next time.. hiaz.. miss the chance to see <FONT COLOR="ff6000">adam's</FONT> water feature &amp; fishes!!!
sad.gif

angelia

oh, forgot to add...

that auntie consider herself as "good person" mah.. hiya.. so simple u oso dun understand.. or they shifted in oready izzit?? then maybe they scared later ur fren take their "valuables" lor..
lol.gif

think when we move in, oso won't "anyhow" let strangers come in &amp; see.. scarly they put a knive at our neck then die!!
crazy.gif

netsnob

hi Alex,

I think that Aunty is self-fish.

Very typical kinda of I-expect-people-to-do-this for-me-but-do-not-expect-me-to-do-this-for-other people

adamteo

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">angelia</FONT>

then maybe u can drop by next time then...
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="119911">Alex</FONT>

ggggrrrrrrrhhhhhh...hehe

correct what...too many pple, very luan...dunno who is who also...hehe

the auntie quite funny...haha..can do to others what others cannot do to her..hai~

D

damnjian

Hi all,

I'm a bit blur and inexperience one,so many things that I thought ok actually not too ok.yah...the main thing to look out for is the carpentry..overlook some things but luckily my id pointed out to the contractor to remedy them.I think I'm quite fortunate to engage the idconnect.com service...if not everything I also ok and gonna "con" by the contractor.

Adam also having fish?I would like to see also
happy.gif

Mine is the wall-mounted type one...having got it yet but soon...

Anyone know where to get cheaper electrical goods?

angelia

Places for cheap electrical appliances

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Prominent Impex (S) Pte Ltd</FONT>
195, Lavender St, #02-13, Eminent Plaza
6292 4648

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Goh Ah Bee</FONT>
9 Kaki Bukit Industrial Park
6748 7655

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Iberna Pacific Pte Ltd</FONT>
Blk 258, Pasir Ris St 21, #02-329, Loyang Point
6585 3733

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Sweetson Electrical Trading</FONT>
Blk 258, Bukit Batok East Ave 3, #01-363
6563 2308, 6566 8150

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Raffles Home Audio</FONT>
81, Genting Lane, #02-03, Everich Industrial Building
6744 5018
8 Jln Kilang Timor, #02-02, Kewalram House (off Jln Bt Merah)
6270 0766

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Parisilk Electronics &amp; Computers</FONT>
7 Transit Road (near Nee Soon Camp)
6452 1593

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Kong Tai Electrical Trading</FONT>
Blk 504 Jurong West St 51 #01-221 Singapore 640504
Tel : 6565 8924 / 8970
<FONT COLOR="119911">Is better that u make a trip down rather than call them, do get ready the model number of ur appliances</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Hong Liang Electrical Enterprise</FONT>
Blk 123 Bukit Merah lane 1 #01-70
Tel : 6278 3331 / 6273 6109 / 6273 2269
<FONT COLOR="119911">look for joseph, the price he quote is cheaper then the sales person..
items purchase
1. Joven tank heater - $169
2. LG 420litre fridge - $620
3. GE front load washing machine (5kg) - $388
4. Samsung 29' TV - $799
5. Evernal standing fan (tall) - $45
6. cooker hod &amp; hood, 21' TV etc etc
Delivery is free. and they can send u the items separately as something when doing home u will need the hob &amp; hood and tank heater to install first then when everything is done then send the rest of the items... </FONT>

alex

Hi All,

Wah… This thread is getting more and more informative already… Most of the infor regarding reno, rectification, buying guide also available here. Hmmm…I think after everyone have completed their reno, everyone will be expert…

angelia

got "good stuff" muz share share mah.. that's why we're here rite? cannot be like that <FONT COLOR="ff6000">auntie</FONT> leh.. only get help from others, then dun provide info/help!!
happy.gif

alex

Hi Angelia (Ng),
Ya lor Ya lor... must share must share... That is how I learn so much from you folks... Hope sometime my infor helps too...

Hi Bei Bei,
Can't confirm now... will confirm with Adam tomorrow afternoon.

I think Angelia could not make it.

Hi Angelia (Wong),

Hope you have done well in your exam...

angelia

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">angelia (wong)</FONT> also bz wif her wedding like me..
happy.gif
her wedding's 2 wks after mine
bounce.gif

K

kirin

Hi beibei,

Have informed Adam tt my hubby &amp; I will be visiting him on Sun cos we can't make it tomorrow
happy.gif

Alex &amp; Angelia,

Needless to say.... u r all my consultants. I hv picked info here &amp; there. Thanks
happy.gif

Angelia,
Thanks for the above list...I hv bought my TV &amp; fridge from Alexandra village, so far their price seem reasonable to me.

D

damnjian

Hi Angelia,

Thanks for the list.Will check them out after my exams.I suppose they are cheaper than the bigger shops like Best Denki,Courts and Harvey Norman etc?But these shops are offering 0% instalments for up to 24 months.

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">damnjian,</FONT>
true, but what i think is <FONT COLOR="0000ff">the bigger shops already included the interest into the price, that's why can offer u 0% installments</FONT>.

btw, my hubby check wif prominex on a 29" SONY TV &amp; it's cheaper by abt $200

K

kirin

For all info, Aik Leong trading &amp; Max Credit are two of the shops in Alexandra which also sell reasonably cheap electrical appliances. I do not hv the exact address with me now as the invoices are with my hubby.
(Alexandra village is directly opp. SAFRA Bt Merah)

Have a nice weekend
happy.gif

netsnob

hi all,

Just a note if you are thinking of engaging a mover.

Forget about m2 unless you want them to scratch the surface of your book shelf, drag your furniture, or drop your table fans.

You can engaged them if punctuality is what you are looking for

M

milong

Hi netsnob
Their service so bad. How much they charge?
I need mover next week
milong
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">so sad
sad.gif
lost my mobile phone last Friday nite..
sad.gif
11307.gif
sad.gif

also meaning to say, i lost all ur contacts!!! do email or SMS me (with ur name include as well) to me pls...</FONT>

K

kirin

Adam,
Nice meeting you &amp; Angelia yesterday
happy.gif

My hubby kept commending tt ur house look bigger than ours....the rooms esp.
Me like ur water pond &amp; were impressed with the feature wall for the CD shelter
happy.gif

alex

Hi Netsnob,

So sorry to hear that M2 have provided such a lousy service for you.

The previous time I enaged M2, they have provided to me an excellent service. Very careful with my furnitures and boxes. In fact they wrap it with protective paper before they carry it down to the truck… Total more than 6 manpower. Hmmmm…. I guest maybe different group of people serving you. The person that I liase is Ah Heng (Henry).

adamteo

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">kirin</FONT>

it was nice meeting u and your hubby...
happy.gif

nice to know a "immediate" neighbour on the same level...hehe

reassure your hubby that ours is the same built-in area...hehehe

maybe due to the size of the living and dining area, your room size is being "eaten" up?

netsnob

hi Alex,

Apparently I may have being served by a group that is not professional and dedicated

Very heart pain to see the way they handle our stuff....

Peprhas we could have ask for Henry group

netsnob

hi all,

Adding on what angelia (angph38) mentioned about
Prominex

You could even give them a call, order your appliances (with model number available) and pay them when they delivered the goods.

The above applied if you have ordered from them before in their shop

In fact, over the weekend we ordered and took delivery via phone our fridge.

I think they trust us as we have ordered and paid for the washing machine from them before

netsnob

hi angelia,

I called on friday early evening about 7pm

They delivered Sat afternoon 4pm. Of course cash on delivery

Of course the appliances you ordered is subject to stock availablity

M

milong

Hi all
any recommendation of king size mattress?
wanted to buy a king size mattress.
happy.gif

milong

angelia

guess it depends on ur budget &amp; preferrence..
i bought a queen simmons mattress, not cheap though!

M

milong

Hi angelia
budget < $1k
I need 6 inch mattress
dunno wat brand mattress good.
milong

netsnob

if cost is a concern, apply for an IMM credit card.

Some mattress outlet in IMM allow you to use IMM Credit Card to pay for 12 month installement at an interest of 0.6 %