Choa Chu Kang Cresent / Yew Tee

netsnob

hi all,

Need all your advice/recommendation

Currently we are opting for a walk-in wardrobe for our master beedroom. Instead of paying people to do up the carpentary, we decide to DIY using off-the-shelf material (i.e. plastic boxes).

Any body got any suggestion? advice?

alex

Hi Angelia,

Urrr… I also do not have Bei Bei contact number or e-mail. Maybe you could help me to SMS my number to her.

So you are organizing “Free Tour to Angelia’s House”… Just kidding…
lol.gif

Hi Netsnob,

Hmmm…. That is a good creative idea. Can’t help much because not good in carpentry work leh… Maybe can learn something from you.

beibei

angelia,

So no problem visiting your house this sat ok!!
Can u sms me alex number?So that I will call him if we want to go to his house.thanks!

Alex,
u joining us to see angelia's house?

alex

Hi Bei Bei,

Can't confirm with you today. Can only confirm on Sat "after" 2~3pm. Have something on, in the early afternoon that Sat

However my dad is around, if you don't mind is still ok to visit mine if you want.

Hi All,

I know it might not be appropriate to ask about cars in this forum/thread. Just want to try my luck over here. Anybody have driven/test drive/experience a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5GDI(A) / 1.6GLX(M or A)? Wanted very much to know its fuel consumption/performance/quality. Am checking this infor for one of my relative who is considering buying a Lancer.

Hope everyone don’t mind if I ask this question which is not related to homes here…
blush.gif

If anybody have such information, will sincerely appreciate if you could write to me at [email protected] for a seperate discussion Thank you very much hor…
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">alex,</FONT>
maybe u shld start a a thread in <FONT COLOR="0000ff">Anything Under the Sun</FONT>
happy.gif
probably will get better responses there..

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">beibei,</FONT>
already SMS u <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Alex's</FONT> mobile.. u got it?

beibei

alex,

Would call u at 3plus on sat to confirm if we are going up to your house ok!

as for the lancer you mentioned,I thought I could help as I have rented a 1.6GLX Lancer before but besides driving it,I really know nothing about it.For me personally,I find it quite nice as that was the first time I am driving an auto gear car.But it was really spacious,fast!can't find any fault with it.really missed the car after spending 3 days 2nights with it....
sad.gif

angelia,
I got your sms!ok so think we can visit you this sat liao!!
happy.gif

alex

Hi Angelia,

Me "Bao Dao" liao... Wah busy writting invitation cards huh... working now or on leave...

I think I have ask this question before, since more people already move in, let me ask again. Do you find CCK very dusty nowadays? I find that my block almost about >70% or at the complete stage of reno, but still very dusty. Each day when I come back home, floor sure very dusty.

This morning have read a news about Raise maid levy to increase job opportunity, it was stated in Streats that " No face, no freedom, no way". But think of it, everyday I am almost a part-time maid at home cleaning the dust... hmmmm... wonder if other area in CCKC is dusty too or only my unit.
10858.gif

Maybe next time after my traditional Wedding dinner, Joey moves in will pass this "pattern" to her liao
lame.gif

angelia

me in office lah.. if on leave then no PC access liao
happy.gif

hmm.. think it's pretty dusty, we cleaned the floor at nite (took abt 3-4 hrs cleaning tile by tile), then next evening come back, still get a bit dusty!! so i "wrapped" my shoe cabinet in newspaper so that when moving in time, i no need to re-clean
lame.gif

btw, we couldn't get rid of the stain by the "tapping rod" leh.. hiaz...

alex

Hi Angelia,

Dun blame me hor...I told you to be careful with the rust from the tip liao... Do not use it so hard. heee... Maybe get some tinner (hope correct spelling) from your contractor to clean it lor. My kitchen is alos ceramic. They use it to clean. it is suitable to Ceramic and Homo tiles.

At least for you is "we". Me can only mentioned "me", "myself" or "alex" to clean the house only... hiazzzzzz....

Urrr... what 3-4 hrs... me only take 15mins using "magic mop" to clean the dust of whole unit, and about 45mins to mop. This is excluding walls, toilets and windows. You took 3-4 hrs to clean what? I think next time if i have chances to visit your house must sun glass liao. must be sparkling shine...
crazy.gif

angelia

aiya, not blame u lah.. tot let u noe mah. dun think my hubby used so much strength leh, only "swing swing swing" only mah..

the 3-4 hrs only the living &amp; dining tiles &amp; common toilet.. we only 1st round, so muz clean more thoroughly. somemore muz scrap off the paint spottings on the floor... haha. no need sunglasses, cos our's matt finish, so not shiny like ur marble leh
biggrin.gif

hehe.. we reverse lah.. now u say "me, myself" next time u say "joey, my wife".. for me, now i say "we, kuek &amp; i", hope next time i can say "he, kuek" hahaahh
rofl.gif

netsnob

hi angelia (angph38)

When is your big day?

I busy with work (no to mention the renovation)and also nothing much to contribute at this point in time.

Quite stress at time esp. when both work and house need your 101% ATTENTION. need to juggle both

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">netsnob,</FONT>
our wedding's on 30 Nov.. lucky not bz in office, therefore can write my invites
biggrin.gif

u only got work &amp; house to worry, my hubby still got wedding to worry!! last nite push him for his confirmed guestlist so that i can help him write, but he said he still hv some changes but he bz with work (in daytime) &amp; hse (nite time), so gotta wait.....
sad.gif

S

sy

Hi Alex,

To your query on Mitsubishi 1.6 GLX (A), fuel consumption is 12km per 1 litre. Manual wld be abt 14km per 1 litre. As for the GDI model, i am not too sure.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

And yes, CCK is dusty. I vacuum &amp; mop the house once every 3 days. To add on, my immediate neighbour just started on their renovations. Luckily, it's only for a month.

beibei

Hello dear all!

Yalor!CCK is dusty nowadays!!tonight back to my lovenest to clean up!We only clean it once a week since we only go back every weekend.

Alex,
Seems like you are a very good 'zu jia nan ren'ah!U are so detailed in your cleaning routine!If only my hubby can be as hardworking as you!
happy.gif

alex

Hi Angelia,

Have to say, me and my dad like your living rm lighting.
happy.gif

Occasionally saw your orange color living light. My dad said it is very bright and clear looking from outside. It is very obvious because your neighbor and your light very bright at nite and also same color lor… He suggested to me that next time change our down light color similar to your color lor...
happy.gif

Aiya me not so bad lar. Will not push all the cleaning to Joey... Next time when MIL and Joey move in to stay together, hopefully the work could be equally divided... My dad 30%, MIL30%, Joey30%, and me “10%” ha haa haaa...
biggrin.gif

Hi Bei Bei,

Me bo bian leh…currently only my dad and I stay in the unit, can’t ask my dad to do it mah…. Joey will only move after Wedding Dinner leh… Hmmm still got one year++ to go. Dun ask me when b’cos not decided yet. Heee…
lame.gif

Working in day time… cleaning in the evening… than still got “NS” planning in the nite…. Very tired now….
sad.gif

Hi SY,

Really? Performance so good arhhh… Wow that is very good fuel consumption for Mit Lancer GLX series. I saw in Mit Website discussion that GDI usually only 10~12km/L. As for 1.6 GLX M is about 11~13km/L and 1.6 GLX A is about 11~12km/L. Just only found out this infor. Many people have many saying. Guess it has to depend very much on the driving technique, %of City or highway driving lor, and taking care of the car lor…
happy.gif

Are your driving one?

Actually is my relative who is interested in Mit, now my heart also “itchy” liao… heee….. hope Joey won’t scold me… heee…..
lame.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">sy,</FONT>
wah, immediate neighbour juz started reno... might not be only 1 mth leh.. actually the 1 mth is for flooring, hacking, etc.. still got carpentry leh?!!
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">something to share....</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Dragging of Slippers

My Story: After reading the story written by LadyLurve about the sound of slippers in your office in Peninsula Plaza, i recalled a story. For all of your information, if ever you found yourself alone and you hear the sound of slippers its best the you dont look around or look behind.

Run as fast as you can.

That sound is made the Pontianak herself. Let me tell you how I know. For your information, I'm staying in Choa Chu Kang Ave 5. The Lim Chu Kang &amp; Choa Chu Kang Cemetary is nearby &amp; theres a "forest" next to my block. It was on a Friday night, it was 3am. I just returned from one of the clubbing sessions with friends. I didnt drink as I was driving.

Better safe than sorry. I was feeling tired. I'm sure you guys know that if you come home late you can never find a good parking space in a HDB flat. You will end up having to park the car right at the top. So on that day, I parked my car on Level 5.

My flat is on the next block. Once in level 3, I heard the sound of slippers behind me. As if someone was walking behind me dragging their slippers away. I didnt turned back. I quicken my pace as I feel something wasnt right. The hair on my neck stands. The air was still but theres a sweet smell in the air once a while smells bad. Smells something like franjipani tree. I'm being muslim but somehow I didnt say any quran verses to fight my fear. I pretended nothing happened. They say these things are like dogs. They will know if you are afraid. I kept on walking till i reached my block. All this while I could hear the slippers sound behind. I never even once look back. This thing followed me all the way.

At the lift, I met my neighbour. He is an elderman about 45. He told me later he just returned from work. He is policeman. I said hi but he didint say anything. He ran towards me, grabbed me by the hand and pulled me into the lift. I was too stunned to ask anything. He asked me, "how are you?" I said, "ok". He asked me, "You didnt see it?" I said, "See what?" He said, "Never mind, we talk tomorrow." I know what he is going to tell me. When we reached 15th storey, out of nowhere we could hear dogs howling. We wasted no time &amp; move in to his house. I slept in his house that night. Next morning, I told him before I met him, I heard footsteps following me.

Sound of slipper being dragged. He said he saw a pontianak standing behind me about 10 metres away. She was smiling. She must have followed me from the carpark. Then I asked him about the dogs howling. He said not to worry cos if u can hear the dogs that can only mean that the "thing" is far away. But if the dog is whinning that means the "thing" is nearby. No more late nights for me.

So people, the next time you hear the sound of dragging slippers, that could mean pontianak. So please whenever you walk with a slipper on, please don't drag your feet, sounds like pontianak walking.
</FONT>

angelia

aiya, so u like the "bulb" not the lights lah.. u shld tell us earlier!! we gonna change to white lights liao.. bought the energy saving bulb last nite!! cos i dun quite like yellow lightings, somemore it's normal lights only!!
lame.gif

think it's okie to clean once a wk since not staying there yet! anyway, think next time we'll prob oso clean once a wk or once a fortnightly! lazy, unless <FONT COLOR="ff6000">kuek</FONT> wants to volunteer! i getting lazier &amp; lazier cos he pretty "hardworking" then pamper me until now i so lazy.. everything house chores wait for him to do..

netsnob

angelia (angph38)

wow u shared this type of story with us...

scary if you think about it and walking alone at CCk at 3pm

alex

Hi Angelia,
Oooiii... you forgotten I have not been to your house yet... How to see your lighting leh? Only can see the lights coming out from your living room at nite lor...
happy.gif
Hmmm this Sat maybe got the chance to see your beautiful lighting…

Hi Bei Bei,
I think sooner or later I’ll get lazy too...

Hi Netsnob,

Initial stage is always quite tiring one lah… after a while you will get use to it. Whatever result turn out after your reno, you will be very happy and always looking forward to see it…

angelia

aiyah.. i tot u come "peep" mah.. anyway, maybe u c beri bright cos we on all the lights (cos doing cleaning mah)
happy.gif

i no long wkend leh.. this Sat is my working Sat.. next Sat then off day!!
sad.gif

alex

Hi Bei Bei,
Nice meeting you and your hubby last Sat. My MIL mentioned that your hubby really big size must have gone to the gym very often. She asks me to go to gym more often… Joey laugh…
lol.gif

Hi Angelia,
Thanks for your invitation last Sat. Your house really looks very clean and bright. Somehow I still find that it seems like your house more spacious. Maybe because of the color you used and also furniture not in yet.

When we stand outside and compare your unit with your neighbor, it seems yours is more brighter. As you know old folks always prefer brighter unit… they will say it is better and will feel more happy when you first go in lor. Your neighbor seems quite unhappy when we stand outside look look… maybe we are a bit too KPO liao… If your neighbor ask this, pls send our apology to them.

Although your reno is from contractor, my Dad and MIL mentioned it looks like from ID. Especially for the feature wall that my dad like it so much and ask me whether can change or not. I nearly faint….
lame.gif

My MIL like your kitchen layout. It got more space for putting things (Rice Cooker/Boiler/etc etc…) on the top surface. Ours lack of space and have to buy another table opposite the hob for putting things.

Seems like my dad until now still can’t differentiate what is “plywood” flooring and your “parquet” flooring lor… He also thought that our “laminate” is made of “plywood” too… Maybe because of “parguet” and “laminate” is of wood color lor… I find him very funny also…
lol.gif

By the way I did not notice whether you have change your toilets doors, did you? Do you find that the common toilets a bit too cramp when you open the common the doors?

Hi All,
How is your weekend?

angelia

nice meeting u &amp; hubby.. so sorry i forgot to bring my studio proofs..
lame.gif
yup, agree wif <FONT COLOR="ff6000">alex.</FONT> ur hubby looks the type who goes gym very often!!
happy.gif

thx for ur (family's) compliment! the feature wall is actually "copied" from some ID mag.. the kitchen is actually also some idea from my ID fren (whom we din engage eventually cos too ex. fren oso no disc), as i insisted i din want top cabinets, so gotta find a way to create more space at the bottom.. actually, my neighbour's bottom cabinet also similar, but they box up the recess area &amp; bring the sink area forward a bit.

aiya, old folks can't really tell, cos during their time, dun hv laminates mah. think my parents oso can't tell... then kept saying parquet not good. will hv termites, etc..

our neighbour shldn't hv any problem lah. anyway, since they open their door, shld be prepared will hv "visitors" peeping lor.. esp new flats.. we oso did the same..
happy.gif

maybe bcos of our flooring, that's why the place looks a bit more spacious.. &amp; i think the lack of furniture (it's baxically EMPTY at the moment) also contributes a lot to the "spacious-ness"
happy.gif
maybe invite ur family to come see again after we bought our furniture, &amp; it'll be different comments.
lame.gif

<FONT COLOR="119911">yesterday so sad.. finally find time to go Harvey Norman to check out the dining console again.. but.. it's too EXPENSIVE!! like i mentioned earlier, the one we saw is not normal dining, it's half the width.. our intention is to buy 2 then place each against a wall in the dining, when hv guests, then join them up to form a normal size dining table..

but then hor, each console table cost $399, WITHOUR chairs leh.. so if buy 2 will be approx $800, chairs @ $99 per pc.. then dunno got delivery &amp; installation charges or not.. hiaz.. end up din buy lor.. think will hv a hard time finding another of the similar kind..
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
</FONT>

K

kirin

Angelia,

I hv been sourcing for furniture too...finally bought my sofa, TV console, dining table last weekend....we hv been looking around for the past mths but finally closed one eye &amp; borne with the heart ache to settle for the above at LAMI in Marina Sq.
happy.gif

If you really like the dining set so much...maybe u can think of paying by instalments.(make sure it's 0% interest)

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">kirin,</FONT>
we went LAMI to see see as well, but din find anything.
sad.gif

actually i like the size, the design so-so only ..

hiaz.. maybe will settle for a "normal" dining instead lor.. the normal only cost $499 leh..

K

kirin

Angelia,

yar, the design is simple but we do mix &amp; match on the dining table
happy.gif

Dun be depair, try looking for it lor. Hv you tried furniture mall in Plaza @ Beach Rd or Civi Plaza at Woodlands? There shld be varities of choices.

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">kirin,</FONT>
went Civic Plaza b4, nothing much.. maybe will try Beach Rd or Turf City this wkend lor...

adamteo

kirin,

did u happened to "peep" into my place last week?

saw quite a young couple once...but was too busy shifting my furniture to say hi...hehe

at last all the furniture are in...now only left the minor touchup and stuff...
happy.gif

been staying there for a few days also...cannot sleep on bed so slept on the sofa...hehehe

beibei

Dear Alex and Angelia,
Thanks for letting us pop by!!!Really like the spacious house of yours!!

Wanted a feature wall(is that what u called?)to cover my bomb shelter door but the way it is placed we can't have a good way to cover up.

Think will change both bathroom's doors as they are really huge and too troublesome for us!and quite old fashioned looking too!

I liked the lights in your house!!especially those at dining areas!unique and attractive!

Angelia,
Envy you had such good bargain for your 8piece set for your master bedroom!They match your flooring perfectly!!but u got to take extra care for your flooring leh...my mum's house had the same flooring as yours but of a lower qualities..thanks to me and my sister.....it was very unsightly now..

aiya!!my hubby is very vain....but think he is still very fat lah!!not the type of Vshaped I like!
happy.gif

adam,
U stay at 688B?wanted very much to kpo to see your house cos want see the water featured tank and the koi!

alex

Hi Adam,

How is your fishes? Are they in yet? Very interested to see them leh...

Hi Angelia,

Take your time to source for it lor. Dun rush to buy it for the sake of buying it else next time regret it...

Actually dinning table not a must to be in during wedding date right? Not sure just my 1 cents suggestion.

M

milong

Hopefully I can shift in 2 weeks later.
This week will install lightings, door, air cond and painting

angelia

try liao.. but dun hv the kind i wanted!!
sad.gif

if no dining, then where i going to put the stuff??? somemore, oso supposed to eat tang yuan, egg, etc... can't sit on the sofa &amp; eat.. nicer if got table lor
sad.gif

oh, the bathrooms doors.. we changed the one in the MBR to 2-pc sliding.. the common bathroom, we leave it as it is since seldom using.
happy.gif

u'r welcomed! actually the P&amp;R sale is still on, maybe u can juz pop by the Suntec City or Novena Outlet. or check out http://www.picketandrail.com
happy.gif

as for the floorings, my hubby liked that, so i boh bian agreed lor, since i oready "objected" to many of his "ideas" though i told him he's supposed to be in charge of hse reno!
lame.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">adam,</FONT>
i oso wanna go c c leh..
biggrin.gif

adamteo

beibei &amp; alex

yep yep...my fishes in liao...

9 in all...if u add in the sucker fish is 10..

7 multi-colored, 1 black and 1 silver...silver because it seems nice lor...hehe

now staying there as and when lor...whenever me and my wife feel like it...hehe

shd be staying there this weekend...will let u guys know...just in case u want to pop by...hehehe

email me your contact number to

[email protected]

if u plan to drop by...I will call/sms to let u guys know if I am ard lor..

me going to beautify the water feature a bit more...still feel that the surrounding is quite plain...

alex

Hi Angelia,
Opppsss… did not notice got this practice. Actually me not sure about wedding practice like eating tang yuan, egg, etc… maybe when my time comes I’ll know eventually heee…. Next time need your advice hor…
happy.gif

Hi Adam,
Thanks for your invitation… e-mail to you liao.
happy.gif

Hi Bei Bei,
Agree with you that Angelia’s M. bedroom furniture sets match nicely with the flooring.
happy.gif

K

kirin

Hi Adam,

I hv not been to the new place last week but my hubby did. Maybe you saw him not me...hehehee

I'm also interested in viewing ur place
happy.gif
will send my contact no. to you.

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">alex, beibei,</FONT>
thank you, thank you.. <FONT COLOR="ff6000">kuek</FONT> will be very happy to hear that
happy.gif

actually we meant to make the tv console cum day-bed the same color as the bedroom set but alas... the day-bed seems to be redder &amp; the bedroom set darker in color. we even brought the catalogue of laminates to match leh.
sad.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">adam,</FONT>
will email u after this..

netsnob

hi all,

Need some advice

It is normal if the sound of one tile when tap with metal object sounds hollow?

Thanks in advance

alex

Hi Netsnob,
Those tile with low ptich sound after you hit with metal object are consider OK. Usually all the tiles with same sound. Those with higher pitch sound is consider hollow. Usually very diferent sound from the rest.

Me have requested HDB to change about 20t iles for kitchen and toilets tiles. Heee...
lame.gif

Do check with hairline cracks and chip off tiles too...

All Hollow tiles are consider defects. After a few years or maybe short period, the tiles will pop out or crack eventually...

Hope this helps.
happy.gif

angelia

that day i realised my kitchen tiles got some "chip off" leh.. dunno still can get HDB to change or not, since they can claim it's our renovators who're responsible for the chippings... hiaz..

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">alex</FONT> already answered ur qn..

alex

Hi Angelia,

It is still under warrenty, but i can't remember how many years. Maybe 5 maybe 1 or may 2. Can't really remember liao...

What I understand is that try to ask HDB folk to repair ASAP so that they won't give reason like it was damage by your contractors etc etc...

Overall it is still under for warrenty lor...

You can call HDB Technical officer Joseph Tan at Did 63958663 or Hp 93828059 who is in charge of our blks or the main-con Mr Soh HP 93880310.

Hope this information helps.