CHINESE SOUP RECIPES

stepford

skylar, got to control and not eat too much eggs. Same goes for beef. My ezcema comes back with a vengence when I over indulged. It's just an observation.

Late night makan : Instant noodles, add sesame oil.

demio

hi hi... brown the duck means put a little oil, fry the ginger for abt 5-10 sec til fragrant, then put in the duck n fry for abt 2 min til it is light brown lor...

stead egg wot i do is i mix the stock, water n egg together in a bowl, then i put the whole thing in the steamer...

stepford, you might want to ocnsider a non stick frying pan... uses a lot less oil that way...

skylar... got... late night makan... boil water, throw in instant noodle, add seasonining and egg... just 3 min! =P

skylar

Stepford / Demio..

u all very cute hor... kekeke.. i know lah.. maggie mee but too much also boring leh.. haiz..
thot of those 1 dish kinda meal lor... keeke..

stepford

Skylar, you want fast mah!!! The others will dep on whether you have the ingredients. Sometimes I fry chips, from fresh potatoes.

Demio, oh... that's how u do it. But won't that make the duck oily? Do you use oil absorbent tissue to wipe off the extra oil? I'm already using a non-stick pan but prob is if I put less oil, omelette becomes burnt. Any idea why?

skylar

Stepford,
u fry chips from fresh potatoes ah!! whah... u & my mom sama sama man!! Aiyoh... kekekkee... so much work leh..

Aqua..
ai si ah u!! eat so heavy!! kekeke.. my late night makan last nite was tim sum.. whahaha.. also fattening!!

stepford

Skylar, do we have the same mom? hahah... it's quite easy and fast too since I use the deep fryer. So no fuss, no oil!

aquarius_888

skylar...hahahah...only yesterday cos dinner I din eat much...hahahah tim sum also quite 'rich' ah...cham...we keep eating like that.

demio

Hi stepford,

the duck already has oil.. you will have to remove the oil from the soup anyway so the frying oil will be removed together...

on your omelette... maybe your fire is too big? or perhaps u added seasoning that will char?

skylar,

a few quick dishes...

1. put chicken and some ginger slices and hua diao wine and steam. wa lah! drunken chicken

2. cook spaghetti, drain, n pour a can of ayam chilli tuna over it. they serve the same thing in coffee bean & tea leaves

btw actually people who suffer from ezcema are allergic to different things. most of them to seafood. So you gotta know yourself on what triggers it.

pinkbunny

welcome to auntie thread, skylar. i take great offence that i'm not part of "cute" gang ok! haha.

wah i go out for lunch only got so many posts. all very eng in office is it? i had STEAMED EGG for lunch!! bo bian, you all talk so much about it.

ok i dunno about midnight snack (cos my ah lao BAN me from midnight snack. say i will talk in my sleep then he can't sleep. KNS) but here's a quickie:

cook spaghetti (this one all know? ok good, clever)
season chicken with salt and pepper, and if got basil, good. use that also
fry garlic, onions, chicken, then add one can of cream (i'm not sure what cream it is but it's a small can, about the same size as ayam brand tuna, and the brand is nestle)
then just scoop spaghetti/pasta together with sauce, depending on how much you want. also can add cheese on top. sedap!

kao_babydust.gif
yay demio share her browning explanation! now we all cleverer liao. thanks demio!

walau i also got ezcema. on my fingers. it'll come once in a while and visit me but i don't know what triggers it. and ohhhhhhhh chu qian yi ding with sesame and EGG, steady bom bi bi!

uh oh. isn't this supposed to be soup recipe? keke.

demio

sounds like chicken alfredo... add a little wine cooking wine to the sauce will taste better... then again it's subjective...

oh speakin of which let me share a ang moh soup recipe... onion soup...

melt 2 tablespoon butter and brown 5 chopped medium size onions. Add chicken broth (about 2 containers of the knorr one will be a good guide). Add 1/4 cup of red cooking wine, and 1 tblsp of balsamic vinegar. parsley, thyme andbay leaf to taste. adjust thickness with water.

end pdt looks very chim but it is actually very simple to make....

levynn

skylar... late nite liao stil got the mood to stir fry? if i got the mood, at most i make peanut butter sandwich... or buy the tuna mayo n put wif cheese together to make sandwich...

pink bunny... maybe we shld move to the "Auntie" thread to continue... hehe... since we seemed to have gone out of topic here...

pinkbunny

haha levynn, agree! when i got chinese soup then i come back here. ta ta for now! (btw where is the auntie thread? i'm in several semi auntie threads but don't remember which! haha)

skylar

Back from lunch.. eating chicken wings now.. jialatz lah.. liddat eat.. aiyoh.. kekeke..

Demio,
ya ya.. the spaghetti my hb always cook for me when we at nite hungry lor.. but eat long very sianz & also quite fattening hor? kekeke..

ur Drunkard Chicken good idea but scared wait I OD on the hua tiao then drunk until the next morning lor... lol.. kekeke..

Pink,
okok.. u r not Cute ah? whahaha.. kekeke.. me also like very sensitive skin leh.. at times will itch like siao lor.. but still dunno wat trigger it off..

levynn..
sometimes lah.. feel like cooking something different mah.. at times I will cook mee siam .. whahaha...

cecilialim

hey you all very good leh!!! can someone consolidate all the recipes and put in one post a not! haha! i never cook before... i don't knoe how... so if one day i cook a surprise dinner for my hb think he will be very glad...

skylar

Wahahaha.. Aqua..
come come .. eat with me! kekeke...

Cecilia,
u go try start tonight ah.. then tell us how u fare..

cecilialim

cannot la skylar... think i will burn down my house.... i only know how tot use rice cooker, cook instant noodles and campbell soup.....

you two always eating eating eating! aiyo!

pinkbunny

eh... let's all help cecilia plan her dinner! hey cecilia, i think it's very sweet of you to want to surprise your ah lao with dinner. what does he like? i share with you my super secret sibeh happening roast chicken recipe want or not?

cecilialim

haha! Pink bunny you are so sweet !!! muack muack you!

his birthday coming soon.. in June... we not living in new house (done up live in condition liao) still staying with parents but sometime will go up watch tv and do housework etc.. i was planning to cok leh... but i just can't cook you know.. haha.. i scared oil spill ah, got to clean up ah.. kekeke

he like sweet and sour pork.. salted veg duck soup... all diffcult one... my house no oven so can't roast... i have deep fryer... my hob is vitro ceramic hor.. so can't do the traditional kind of cooking with big big fire one kekeke

pinkbunny

ok even though this is not the place to post it (hello, the thread name is called chinese soup recipe), here goes. my sibeh happening roast chicken recipe. think about it only can lao nua.

step 1:
go market/supermarket/catch one chicken in malaysia kampong.

step 2:
marinate it with black pepper (hello, crushed ok, not the seeds) and olive oil and salt for at least 1 hour. marinate inside and outside. cover and put in fridge

step 3:
add plenty of basil, italian and thyme inside and outside the chicken.

step 4:
cut potatoes. i usually use russett potatoes. just any ang moh potatoe can. those kind can eat the skin kind. not our local ones. not that i racist or what but really, local potatoes cannot make it for this recipe

step 5:
boil potatoes with some garlic and 1 lemon for about 10 mins

step 6:
heat oven to about 200 degrees (celcius).

step 7:
puncture a few holes (use chopstick) into lemon (hot hor, be careful) and then shove lemon and garlic into chicken's a** (serious)

step 7(a): if your oven has the stick that your chicken can rotate on
shove the stick up the chicken's a** and place potatoes on tray below chicken. let it spin round and round for 1.5 hours, moving the potatoes occasionally.

step 7(b): if your oven don't have that stick thingie
donch worry, still can make this chicken dish. just put potatoes in bowl, put chicken over potatoes and leave in oven for 45 minutes. then take chicken out, rotate potatoes a bit, put chicken back on, and leave for another 45 minutes

step 8:
when 1.5 hours is up, take lemon and garlic out and rub over chicken's skin.

step 9:
serve with veggies and eat

step 10:
say thank you pinkbunny for this sibeh happening recipe

pinkbunny

hallo hallo, preeeeeeease go buy an oven. carrefour sell sibeh cheap, about $100 only. and it works just as well as a normal oven. that's why i don't understand why people want to spend $800 to buy a built in oven...

skylar

Gam Xia Gam Xia!
367004.gif

Wahahaha.. really sibeh happening ah!! Pink!!

u sure normal oven can bor? if really this weekend I will go try out ur sibeh happening 5 Star Kway liao!
367005.gif

pinkbunny

haha sibeh funny your icons. i've been using my cornell oven for the longest time. (oven hor, don't buy toaster oven hor. your kway cannot squeeze inside)

no problem la. i'm still alive. only ah lao sometimes kena lao sai from my cooking only but he's still walking hahahaha.

oh. better add disclaimer:
err pinkbunny is not liable for any cases of food poisoning, lao sai-ness, vomitting etc if readers use the sibeh happening recipe. cook at your own risk!

stepford

Wow! So much have gone on while I was away.

Cecilia, I share with you a simple appetiser that you can prepare even for simple gatherings with friends. My own guacamole recipe.

To prepare, blend one ripe avocado with some mayonnaise (deps on individual but I use around 1 teaspoon), stir in finely diced carrots (half a carrot), add some lemon juice, a pinch of salt and chill it. You can vary the ingredients by including diced tomatoes, apples or capsicum. I love it for the versatility - you can serve this with cucumber, celery and carrot sticks, plain crackers, chips.

pinkbunny

eh cecilia, i dunno what your microwave oven says (does it speak to you in english? haha) but i never tried it with microwave, only normal oven.

thanks for the mix thing, stepford. my hubby is a fan of dips. will try it for him! btw, chilli as in hiam jio (la jiao)?, not flakes?

pinkbunny

oi skylar. don't scare me leh. got diff kinds of ovens:

microwave
toaster
conventional

i really think only conventional can roast a whole chicken hor.

stepford

PB, do try! it's very healthy to eat. Avocadoes are a rich source of Vitamin E, coincidentally very good for skin! And not to add chilli, but to chill it as in put in the fridge so it's served slightly cold.

skylar

huh? then no oven how?

I only got microwave nia leh... so buay sai do ur sibeh happening chicken liao ah?

pinkbunny

haha stepford. something wrong with my eyes today. first i miss out that you wrote giamchye and now i see 'chilli' haha. if got leftover dip can put on face haha

skylar: go buy oven la. so cheap. just over $100 can get liao. then can bake sibeh many things. oven very good. my fav.

pinkbunny

another quick recipe: cooked rice + cream of mushroom with cheese on top. 5 minutes in mircowave = baked rice! if you got a bit more time, can fry some chicken/fish and add with rice at the start

pinkbunny

ya. cambell's.

cheese: normal kraft singles kind also can

proportions: err rice enough for 2 persons is good for 1 can of soup.

instead of fish/chicken, fry ham also can.

pinkbunny

another quick one:
2 pieces of white bread. 1 piece of cheese in between (again, kraft singles kind). butter the OUTSIDE of the bread. fry on pan for a few minutes. that's it. grilled cheese sandwich. happening. my ah lao teach me one.

i saw this on tv: if you got no stove (???) you can wrap the sandwich in alum foil and then IRON it. i have not tried.

skylar

PB!
Iron sandwiches!?!?!?! kekeke. quite cool hor..

I dun get ur sandwich thingy. u mean butter the outside of the bread then pan fry the bread with the butter side down ah or up? then ltr then put in the cheese in the middle si bor??

Ur tat rice thingy hor... if i dun put campbell soup, bascially dun put soup at all can bor ah? will chao tar??

pinkbunny

basket. butter on the outside of the bread. the cheese is in the middle. then you fry with the butter on the outside lor. you need to fry both sides.

rice thingie: hallo, if no soup then it won't be baked rice anymore. will be just rice heated up right? hallo woman! wat you talking about?

pinkbunny

keke silly girl. ok ok sayang sayang. must put the cream of mushroom ok? then you will get sedap sedap baked rice ok? don't cry... or else tears get into soup then will be too giam!

aspialle

hi gals besides soup, any of you got special recipes?like to cook meat or vegetables? e.g. sliced lean meat and fry with ginger and black soya sauce, etc

levynn

ok, all aspired housewives-to-be... i managed to find the whole list of all different kinds of recipes... got cakes, hawker delights, etc... to nonya kuehs... all 9 zipped files together 2.04 MB.

if u ladies wan, juz leave ur email addr then i'll email to u all over the weekend.
happy.gif

pinkbunny

wah levynn, i want! [email protected]

aspialle - haha i think this thread has gone out of hand. it started with soups. anyhow. i marinate sliced fish with sesame oil, salt and pepper, and a dash of hua diao jiu. then fry with ginger and spring onion. viola! jiang cong yu pian!