Catholic Brides

vern24

Hi Champagne,

I am a bride to be next Jun. I have yet to check on the deco of flowers yet as i think its too early. You can choose to decorate with your own flowers if you want but from what i heard, the florist from the church does an excellent job. I was thinking of out sourcing it but then now, i might stick to using the church florist.

shanawawa

@Vern: it's not too early to book for florist and organist ba. They can mark it down on their calendar earlier too
happy.gif
it might be too early to book caterer though. I only book caterer 3 months before. They are able to accommodate
happy.gif
Celebrant was Fr Joseph Tan. He is not from SFX but he baptized me at Immaculate Heart so I found it more meaningful for him to be celebrant.

If u dun mind adding me on facebook u can see some SFX photos posted by the photographers. I can send u the rest when im back in SG. My email is [email protected].

For organist, u give her an angbao of what u feel comfortable giving. She can bring along singers from the church. I also juz need to give them angbaos. I asked for 2 singers. I did not have a choir though if u want the SFX choir, I heard it's quite pricey. More than $500.

For florist I took the church florist, Vincent. He is superb. Basic package is $500. More elaborate package with recep table and entrance flowers would cost $800. I took the $800 package. U can call him up and he can show u his pictures. After that u can tell him the colour scheme u want. For us, we leave the type of flowers to him. Only told him we want red, white and pink flowers
happy.gif

Hope all these info help! Anything feel free to ask ya?

shanawawa

@Wheelie: yes ur friend needs to operate the projector. I think during rehearsal there will be someone who can reach ur friend hoe to operate the sound system.

For SFX there is no projector so I had to print booklets. My helpers needed to learn how to switch on sound system for march in song and microphones during the rehearsal
happy.gif
no probs!

shanawawa

chinzilla: my cousin had her wedding at risen christ. just the PPT will do.

I had booklets.. in the end, I had many left over.. so if can save the $, juz use projector
happy.gif

dncl

Chinzilla: if there is projector, ppt is better. for me, no choice since cant use the projector.

sept love: yes, we can choose our reading, gospel etc. but need to show and get Fr. approval.

Julia: i will send it to you later. but this is not from me. i got it from other forum :D

dncl

shana: do you need mass booklet as i read it from other forum. let me know if you need it so that i can forward you the doc as i found it also from other place. :D

Julia: i have sent email to you.

lovelydove

septlove, maybe you have to check with the priest on choosing the readings. For my church, there is a book of readings that Fr pass to me so that we can choose which readings we like.

lovelydove

Chinz, my church will charge a fee for using the projector, i cant really rem if the sec said $100 or $200... so it only make sense to use projector if guest number are large enuff..

But I would prefer to use projector cos can save on printing, if any changes to the ppt can still make changes anytime. Haha. But booklets are also a good keepsake, for us to look thru after the wedding... Sigh, so I still dunno to do booklets or not!

chinzilla

thx shan! .. the church charges abt 20 to use + 50 AP to the helper who do the transitions. I guess i can include the choir?

haha for me abt 80% of the crowd are non catholics so unlikely they wanna keep it.

hee u intending to design ur own booklets?

lovelydove

Chinz, I still haven decide too.. If in the end I use the projector, I might just print 1 booklet for my own keepsake! Hahah.. A bit bo liao right..

bigrockshow

any brides have experience in printing the booklet? any recommended cheap printers? i need about 25-40 booklets only. probably colour photo on front page

bigrockshow

budget yeah but ppt like no sincerity..plus we need to rent it and have someone mann..

print out better i feel..and people can bring it home as part of everything

just that i dunno how much it would cost to print just the photo cover. internal pages can be done from home

Hi BTB,

Is there any catholic church that allows baptised couples to use their premises for solemnization? What's the cost like? Thanks...

chinzilla

hrm i would think most catholic churches will allow baptised couples.

Only some may b more strict on if u r parish members or not

septlove

hi all
I am having my wedding in sfx with fr bosco. Does anyone know if we must adhere strictly to a catholic wedding procession march in? I.e bridesmaid to walk in with groomsman? Can bridesmaid walk in pairs instead? Also did anyone have pageboys n flowergirl walk in after the bride n groom

shanawawa

Hi sept love,
I had my wedding in sfx too. I don't think there is any strict regulation on the procession march in. My bridesmaids walk in one by one holding flowers. My pageboy and flower girls walk in before them. so the order is page boy -> flower girls -> bridesmaids -> me and dad
happy.gif

okm1951

hi sept love,

hope I'm not too late to post my comment here...
yes, sfx has a piano in the parish hall at level 2. where are you holding yours? canteen or parish hall?

septlove

hello anyone have the street map of saint francis xavier? apparently it must be in good resolution......need it for church printing

shanawawa

I have that issue too. I tried all sorts of ways. Even to zoom and then print screen. Mine card is so-so although the map is just around gardens area (not until serangoon so far). If you want, give me your email. Thanks.

leahteresa

Hi all, I am holding my church wedding at Church of Divine Mercy in Feb 2012. Anyone who is going to hold the wedding there as well?

I am looking ard for florist for the church decorations.. any suggestions?
Many thanks!

Hi Leah Ong, i actually booked church of divine mercy for my wedding in Dec this year....but cancelled it later on coz it's too far from my place...so we have to change to another church.

Anyone have template for the mass booklet? TIA!

dncl

Hi Anastasiazen,
i have the template as i searched online when preparing for my wedding. can have your email so that i can send it to you?

rockshow

hi all,

can anyone advice on the type of paper to use for booklet cover? i've tried a few and the colour runs..quite headache

samnamelia

Hi everyone,

Would like to ask if anyone knows the capacity (number of people) that the St Claire Hall at St Mary of the Angels can fit comfortably?

Thanks in advance!

okm1951

Sam and Amelia, St Mary can take about 300 guests for a standing reception. If you are looking at arranging tables and chairs than maybe 200 guests. Hope this help.

bluemeliz

Hi ladies,

I'm new here and need some help
happy.gif

I'm planning to get married and am planning on booking my church. Just a question, must I use the priests at the church or can I bring my own priest to conduct the ceremony?

Thanks in advance!

shanawawa

Hi Lingy,

I just went to ZAP photocopy shop at Bishan. It is a normal photocopy/printing shop and costs very cheap. They stapled for us in the centre as binding and all in all, it looks very chic. I chose white paper and used black ink. Play around with fonts and I think you do not really have to spend a bomb on printing mass booklets when people will throw them away after your wedding
happy.gif
Just my thoughts.

samnamelia

bluemeliz: I think it's best you ask your church, but should be no problem getting a priest outside the parish to solemnise the wedding.

a little question... has anyone engaged philip lye recently?

gzer

Hi catholic brides
Is it a must for me (a roman catholic) to solemn use my marriage in a church?
If a priest, but other outdoor venue. Will I be considered married in the eyes of god? At the same time I don't the hotel poolside allow religious solemnisation ?

quintella

hey Gzer, yup, priests will only perform the rites in church... in the presence of god, so far mainly christians do their solemnisation outside of church. I've been to some friends who held at hotel poolside. But being a roman catholic, you might find difficulty getting a priet for this.

By the way to the rest, i'm considering having my church wedding at SFX!
happy.gif
But it'll be just a small event with about 100 guests, have seen from the pics the church has quite a long aisle, not sure if it'll look weird if my church ceremony have too few people filling up the pews? Advice pls?

theyangones

Hello everyone! I'm getting married next year (unconfirmed date but most likely in May) at CDM... Can't wait! Any tips would be helpful, since Im not Catholic... Might go through RCIA soon tho...