Catholic Brides

purinne

hiya irene
happy.gif
... im usin church choir ...

for florist ... haven decided yet
happy.gif

retsel

Hi everyone, just had my wedding at Church of St Teresa.
Wanted to say that I transplanted my choir from Queen of Peace and they sounded really beautiful, also accentuated by the acoustic properties of the church. Somehow, the echoes around the hall resonated brilliantly. Every choir would sound even more beautiful in this charming church.

honey_greentea

Irene, i'm opposite with purinne, i'm using church florist but havent decided on choir yet
happy.gif
wil have to start planning church stuffs in june liao. AD is december, guess should be have enuf time bah...
restel, glad to hear that. i also wanted to have wedding in that lovely church but it's so popular that the time i want is taken
sad.gif

rene3

purinne/retsel/greentea,
Can I have the contact for choir/florist?
By the way, I will be having my wedding at Church of St Teresa this Oct
happy.gif

honey_greentea

Irene, i havent got any contact of florist yet. coz the church sacristan said that we have to engage their church florist lor.. think i'll be going down to meet the father again this month and prepare for the mass booklet and so on liao..

zljoan

hmmm...wonder if i should do up the church -- it'll cost a bomb since the church is so big! In fact, I do know there's another wedding mass after mine -- wonder if I should ask if it's possible to work with the next bride, esp since my church "package" includes cost of flowers...

honey_greentea

Hi irene, think u have to call the father for the prenuptial inquiry. like 3 mths b4 your wedding. but b4 that hv to arrange the logistics with the parish secertary lor.
Guess what, i have changed my wedding venue to St Teresa church in december
happy.gif
juz booked this morning... so havent arranged anything with them yet. they dun hv their own church florist or choir huh?

purinne

hiya irene ... i dun hav the contact info with mi now ... pm u tom k ... btw the choir and florist's contact numbers are actually in a list which the parish secretary pass to u when u first booked the church
happy.gif

sobe ... if its included in ur church package then just go ahead ba
happy.gif
so long dun need to top up money hehe
happy.gif

welcome to the club, greentea~~~~
happy.gif
.... hehehe ... st teresa church do have their own church florist and choir ... however, it is not compulsory to use them
happy.gif

pandc

Hi,

I'm new here. I need some advise from you
happy.gif

Does anyone know whether St Teresa Church has nice and air-conditioned reception area for lunch buffet? Thought to have 1st dance to surprise our guests...hehehe

tabogal

Wow! Finally found the thread for catholic brides!! Yeah!!!

Need some help here... Tried reading archive but it's really really long....

I'm planning to have a church wedding next year and am now searching for a church to hold it.

1) Heard from my mum that not all churches allows us to hold our wedding there if we are not their the usual crowd that goes to that church? Is that really true?

2) Also, my FH is not a catholic, can we go for MCP together?

3) And are we suppose to go for MCP only in the church that we have decided to hold our wedding? Or any other church is fine too?

4) I'm really into the old traditional church that has high triangular ceiling design, long aisle straight from the main door. Preferably with aircon. Anyone has any recommendation?

5) Also, do we have to pay a fee to the church for holding a wedding mass?

Pardon my long list of questions.... Very blur with the church wedding portion...

rene3

Greentea - thanks for the advise. Don't think the church has any florist/choir leh. That's y need to ask ard.

Purinne - din receive ur pm. Can try sending again. I din get any list when booking leh.

Cheryl - welcome to the grp. So when is ur AD?
There is no aircon place for recep in Church of St Teresa.

Tabogal - below is my understanding
1. I heard of that too. But u can try asking the church that u like to hold ur wedding. We din hold our wedding in our parish church too.

2. Can.

3. No leh. U jus need to enrol in any church. Then they will group the couples according to the place u live. Like my HTB lives in the north I live in the west. So they grp us under ppl living in west cos he needs to come and fetch me mah.

4.Seems like we like the same thing. Can try Church of St Teresa, Holy Spirit, St Mary of the Angels, etc

5.Yes it's called donation. Depend on the church. Some say need to give $200 some $500. So I guess that's the range

tabogal

Wow Irene!! Thanks for ur input! Kinda cleared some of my doubts!

So where did u hold ur church wedding??

So for the MCP, how many times a year will they have? Because I'm thinking of going next year before the church wedding. But if I have already ROM before that, it's ok rite??

Yeah, old churches look so beautiful & magical! Love it!!

The range seems alright, at least it's donation to the church! Haha..

honey_greentea

HI Tabogal, juz a little add-on to irene's answers..
1) So far the churches i approached they allow us to hold our wedding there even we r not their parish member... Unless those stated they r not PARISH CHURCH then u must have a good reason why u wan to hold ur wedding there.. like St Joseph @ victoria st which is not parish church. Can visit http://www.veritas.org.sg/parishes_list.php for list of catholic churches in singapore
happy.gif

2) Yes, so long as u wan to get married in a catholic church, all couples have to attend MPC/CEE.

3) MPC & CEE are conducted by catholic community in singapore so it's not done separately in respective churches. u only have to register through ur church
happy.gif
every church has the enrolement form.

4) Yea i like those church too! i think most of the old traditional churches are located at the city centre like St. Joseph, Our lady of Lourdes, St.Teresa, Sacred Heart, Blessed Sacrament (commonwealth) , Nativity church (serangoon), etc. As far as i know, Blessed sacrament & St Teresa have aircon.

5) Yea need to pay a fee of booking. ranging from $200 ~ 300. but some actually juz need to pay a token (or donation) of at least $50 only like Blessed Sacrament church
happy.gif

Been through the process of searching for churches and the related requirment.. was quite blur and tiring also, but thank God everything has almost settled down now, so dun worry
happy.gif
oh why dun u go for CEE (Catholic Engagement Encounter)? it's a "shorter form" of MPC. haha.. CEE is a stay-in programme (3D2N) similar to that of MPC and is recognized world-wide. anyway both MPC & CEE are acceptable
happy.gif

Happy planning!

purinne

hiya tabogal
happy.gif
... there are 4 MPC sessions per year .... but gotta register early if possible
happy.gif
.... u need to attend MPC at least 6 mths before ur weddin ... coz u need the cert to get married in church
happy.gif

irene
happy.gif
just resent PM to u
happy.gif

tabogal

Hi Greentea, thx for ur detailed answers, just like irene's!! Now i really have a better idea so to the procedure, time frame, etc etc to make arrangement for church wedding.
happy.gif
Now I have to decide whether to take CEE or MPC.. Haha!

Hi purinne, thx! Din know I have to attend 6 months in advance! Thx for telling me that! But how long does the MPC takes? Months??

purinne

tabogal ... each MPC course last for 6 weeks ... its on wkend either sat or sun
happy.gif
... its very fun and my FH & i enjoyed it alot
happy.gif

rene3

Purinne, thanks for the pm. received.
By the way, which choir r u using? Thinking of using Jacob but as St Teresa is not my parish church so i don't know if they do a good job
happy.gif

tabogal, u can get a form from the church. Try to enrol CEE or MPC ahead of time.
Cause if they cannot get enough married couples to guide the group, they may need to put u & ur HTB in the next term.

purinne

hi irene ... which contact and donation are u referin to? church or choir?

for choir, the number i gave u is all tat i hav ... i approached the 1030 choir ppl after mass and spoke to them personally ... u may wan to call the number i gave u, which was wat the parish secretary gave mi, and speak to them ...

rene3

purinnr, ic...ic... thought 1030 choir and the numbers u gave me are from different choir.
By the way, wat's the range of donation(for choir) they ask from u?

purinne

oohh ... i dunno if the 1030 choir and the number i hav belongs to the same person ... so u can call n check ba
happy.gif

choir cost = $250
happy.gif
... use of projector = $50

purinne

yuppies .. at first i thot it'll b quite ex ...

nope nope ... shd b startin but haven started yet coz FH been bz
sad.gif
.... u?

honey_greentea

Purinne, do we need to use the projector since we r printing the mass booklet for everybody? hehe.. i havent started anything yet leh.. planning to go down to the church and discuss the logistics with the secretary. normally when do u see the secretary? have u met father for prenuptial inquiry?

Irene, why dun u see the secretary and get the list of choir / florist from her? have u met her b4?

purinne

hiya greentea
happy.gif

FH has been tinkin of usin the projector and print lesser copies of booklets ... he said still need to print booklet coz Fr needs it ...

hmmm ... i saw the secretary onli when i booked the church ... u can try discussin with her ... but i know she's alwaz very bz so mite not sound tat frenly when her plates are full
happy.gif

i tried mtg Fr for pre-nup ... but he said too early ... he'll call mi up ...

rene3

Purinne - my HTB is also busy so mayb will start in Jul.
As for meeting Father, I was told to come out with a draft booklet 1st. Then 1mth b4 then meet Father.

Greentea - I had called and they give me the list that Purinne had provided me. I guess that's all. If not, then I have to source it myself.

purinne

irene ... they din mention abt doin up the draft booklet wor ... but i intend to do it up first ... coz dun wanna get stressed at last min ...

retsel

Usually, will have to print some mass booklets for Father, yourselves, the lectors and for choir people who won't be able to see the TV. Eventually I printed / photcopied my own design, formatted my own booklet, so it was relatively cheap. But super hard work man.

honey_greentea

Thanks purinne & irene for the info
happy.gif

orh.. we have to come out with a draft mass booklet huh? how do we know the format leh? hmm.. sound tough :p anyway i've got some samples from andria (from this forum also).. i thought the church wil draft for us. hehe.. how about the songs?

purinne

hiya greentea
happy.gif
... unfortuntely we gotta draft it out ourselves ... as for the songs ... the church choir will send you the list and u choose from there
happy.gif

fifteenmay

Hi All, can anyone advise on how much they spend to print out the wedding booklets, per booklet and where? i was thinking of printing it in JB.Wanna compare prices

honey_greentea

purinne & irene.
Went down to st. teresa yesterday and met angeline & father, so far the process went smoothly. hehe.. wil start preparing mass booklet & contacting choir liao... saw from the registration form that we cannot throw confetti or flower petals after the mass rite? how about tossing the bouquet le? hehe.. like those we always seen on tv, can throw flower petals or what.. haha..

purinne

hiya greentea
happy.gif
... so gd~~~ father told mi he'll call mi later ... so gotta wait @_@ ...

ya cant throw confetti or flower petals in the church premises ... i.e. not even in the canteen @_@ ... not sure abt the bouquet thou
happy.gif
... hehe tink better to check with angeline ba
happy.gif

honey_greentea

so have u ladies decided which florist to use? are u going to use the church florist? i only wan to spend less than $400 for flowers decor wor... isit possible?

rene3

Hi greentea,
as the Father that will be conducting my wedding mass is not from St teresa, so I will have to wait for the father to contact me (same case as purinne I think).
I guess if you want a simple deco, $400 is ok. I'm thinking of engaging stefii.

groovy2009

Hi,

I'm engaging MySummerScents http://www.mysummerscents.com/
It's $450 for the standard church decoration (pews, couple chair, altar, reception table, 2 tall stand arrangement), but I top up unity candle, bouquet for mothers and Mother Mary, more flowers for altar arrangement, so it's become more expensive.

Basically I think it depends on church regulation and what you want for the decoration.

The person in charge is Lynn, she's a nice girl, just send her e-mail and she'll meet you at the church premise to discuss, no obligation.

The pictures in her website are very nice
happy.gif

honey_greentea

Thanks groovy, will contact them and get a quotation
happy.gif

If my AD is in december, then when is the latest i need to confirm florist and choir huh? will it be too late if i only confirm them in september?

zljoan

gosh...suddenly i feel in a loss of what to do!

there's wedding bands, mass booklet, invites...what else? anyone has a "to-do" list to share with me? my mind has suddenly gone blank! :s *panic*

zljoan

Irene...ohhhh....you bought your rings from eClarity? I went down to have a look last month. very nice lady...did you design your own ring?

lalaa_27

i bought my rings from eClarity too! yup Amanda is very nice.. juz say ur from sgbrides n got discount oredi..

hey haf u all gone for NFP already? how many sessions do we need to attend usually? n how many mths bfore wedding is ideal?

zljoan

Well, i went for the introduction to NFP session...that's about it. hee...so no idea how many sessions that is! Ideally, it should be at least 3mths before wedding...

noknok

I went for NFP 3x. 1st one is intro n teach u how to chart, 2nd time 1 mth later 2 look at e chart, chart cannot tell anything so asked to go back 3rd time. 3rd time they showed me hw to interprete e chart and taught us the rules to follow. They gave us an option if we want to go back for a 4th time if we're still not sure how to chart n interprete e chart. Also ask us to contact them again during pregnancy to explain the things that'll happen during breastfeeding time.

lalaa_27

wah so on ah? haha.. dun wanna enjoy married life wif juz the 2 of u first?
I think i'll wait for a yr bfore start producing babies.. haha