Catholic Brides

fifteenmay

hi all, i went for the rasel's workshop as well. did anyone sign up for their buffet? it was tempting but i did not sign up yet cos i want to see other caterers. have you done any research yet? rasel say their slots book real fast so i dunno whether should i book asap

honey_greentea

hi fifteenmay, i went to their workshop too! the food was nice :p but i din sign up as well coz have actually signed up for a hotel. i gone through Rasel thread and so far comments about them are very good. i think u better book them fast liao... but do they still subsidize u $300 for the rental of ACM? or 12% off the total food price after the workshop?

fifteenmay

HI Greentea, thanks for the feedback. i saw their good comments as well but dun want to be rushed into the decision.
its 12 % on food price.i have a venue already so the discount on food price was quite attractive.
have you done research on other caterers?
i heard of neo garden,angeli etc.
how soon must we book?

purinne

hiya gals
happy.gif
... Q2 MPC starts this sun
happy.gif
... who will b attendin???
happy.gif

zljoan

hi fifteenmay, me signed up with them, though, didn't want to initially. It really depends on your budget, set-up requirement(s) as well as whether you require halal food (or not). Most of the better ones (for me anyway) are non-halal..wanted to have 2 buffet queues - one halal, the other non..ah well!

zljoan

oh dear...i forgot if it's grp 5 or grp 6! only remember the couple's names...yikes...still waiting for their email...

purinne

sobe: i heard fr a fren who had attended MPC last year that there will b alot alot of couples
happy.gif
therefore many many groups ...
happy.gif

meow5: thank u so much~~~ the website is really helpful :D ....

noknok

You gals going for MPC this sunday.. that reminds me.. Need to go home and dig out that prayer.. hee

Anyone going for the Kr*ston's workshop? Rasel promo extended till 20th April. Can decide which one to use after this sat.

zljoan

lol...thanks for the prayer Noknok...
Wah...Rasel extended their promo?! cheat my feelings - booked them already, so cancelled on Kris*on

groovy2009

I also booked with Rasel already during the workshop. Kiasu in booking becoz Elsie said got a lot of people register in the workshop has the same date as mine..
Hehe..

My wedding will be in 12 December, Blessed Sacrament Church.

Going for EE this weekend
happy.gif

bubblepuzzle

Hey,

I also book my wedding with Rasel too. They offer me quite a wide range of selection. I book them for both church wedding and dinner at ACM.

My wedding in 13 Feb 2010, SFX. I wanted to book ACM fast as their booking date run fast... Since got discount than must well anyway I find their food and decor classy.. Worth of $$

zljoan

wah....amanda, you actually selected your wedding date to be a day before CNY? as it is, mine is on 6th/7th Feb and there was some "noise" initially...

honey_greentea

groovy: mine is also on 12 dec! and i was trying to book BSC as well and the morning slot has been taken. so it's u huh! hehe...

amanda: which menu u choose? is their most exp buffet menu $65+?

purinne: so which date are u booking in st. teresa? i'm trying to get 12 dec le...
happy.gif

groovy2009

Greentea: hehe.. I book since last year.. After I get the date 12-12, I thought it will be very crowded - since double date, so I quickly book.

purinne

im booked STC for 24 Oct
happy.gif
... tink u better call them early to check ... coz its a very popular church
happy.gif
... i couldnt get the date i wanted - 10 oct, when i tried booking in Jan ...

krystal80

groovy: I also 12th dec!! =P Are u getting phillip lye to sing at ur wedding? coz i tried to get him but he had to be at a wedding a blessed sacrament and the timing was kinda rush for him...I also using Rasel =)

noknok

Anyone knows how much to give ang pao to choir?? Am really lost.. sigh...

And hor... I talked to father that day, he says there's this standard wedding booklet. All we need to do is to insert the song sheets and he'll announce the pages. Anyone doing that? He dun wanna let me use the projector. Sob sob. But I also dun wanna print mass booklet. Waste money and paper.

groovy2009

Andrea: that's strange.. Because I didn't ask him to sing at my wedding. Hm.. My wedding slot is in the morning (10.30 am). Perhaps he's for the afternoon slot? What time is your wedding? I'm very curious now..

raine24

omg.. can't believe i'm getting married in exactly 2 weeks from today!

noknok - ang pow to choir usually ard $150 to $300... depending on how generous you are and whether the choir had some stipulated "fee".

how come your church doesn't allow you to use the projector? Think printing mass booklets can set one back ard $500(if u want nicer ones)! that's why i decided to channel that $$ into invitations and use slides instead. I did up my mass booklet to be approved by the priest before handing it over to my friend to do the slides for me.

think my stuff for my church wedding is almost all settled.... unnerving!

honey_greentea

Andrea, u'll be married in which church? i'm also a 12-12 bride
happy.gif
u're using Rasel for reception at church isit?

Purinne, 12-12 is fully booked at St.teresa lo. think those couples really book it much earlier. i'm currently booking with St. Ignatius church, a very modern church. but i stil prefer a traditional old church lor :p

Raine, all the best to ur wedding! wow, mass booklets can cost so much??!! can we print in JB then? hehe..

raine24

thanks Greentea!
happy.gif

yes actually printing can cost a lot if u go to printers.. (can DIY in office but too much work methinks) can cost from $2.50 to $6 a booklet!
But yes think can print in JB - much cheaper. Not sure if its worth all the hassle and if they deliver though..

honey_greentea

I went through some threads here and many of them said there is T&T printer at JB city square.. but they do printing of invitation card, dunno whether they print booklets or not...

raine24

yeah i walked by a couple of times.. think they print everything. small shop though. ALWAYS crowded. even at 9pm at night the last time I was at city square.. must have v gd business..

krystal80

hi groovy, my wedding is at 10am...and I remember he had one at 9ish and one in the afternoon...so I was kinda like the middle one...

greentea, I'm using SFX =) (hubby's parish church) St Igs is actually my family's parish church (as in including extended family =P)

Booklet I'm planning to print my own...just simple design for the cover on "pretty paper" can liao...hee hee

purinne

hihi greentea
happy.gif
.... ya ppl book STC really early one
happy.gif

ive never been to st ignatius but tink its quite nice too ya
happy.gif

btw tink there are a couple of other churches that are of similar design to that of STC ...
happy.gif
... there are: church of the nativity of the blessed virgin mary, church of our lady of lourdes and church of sacred heart
happy.gif

noknok

Sorry estatic bride, haven't started looking at church invite yet. hee..

I recall the presenting couple for MPC was quoting some words about asking guests to give cash instead of gifts which was quite nicely worded. Anyone have those wordings??

I also booked with Rasel liao.. went to Kr*ston show and find their food quite common. Kr*ston's promotion also not that fantastic, only 5% n $100 off.

noknok

Haha.. sobe.. thanks... I'll try n fill in e blanks.. :p

outstanding stuff.. mass booklet n flower deco..

Meeting Father again this thur, anyone has any checklist of question I die die need to ask one?? I keep missing out some things to ask whenever I speak to him.

fifteenmay

went to check with father bosco on my wedding mass content and he say cannot have the unity candle part during the mass. he say not allowed. is tat true?

raine24

yup its true. It's actually a protestant thing and is not liturgical in the catholic church.

protestants use the unity candle to symbolise two becoming one, but for catholics, we have the physical body of Christ in the Eucharist which had united God, husband and wife. Thus no need for a candle. (protestants do not believe in the physical body of Christ present)