Carlton Hotel

hamster_gal

hi sleepysleep,

my food tasting is for 10 persons.... but i heard from other brides that the amount of food is ALOT... so actually 6 persons cannot finish....
i think i'll just bring 1-2 more persons along but still retain the same amount food intended for 6 persons....
happy.gif
think like that should be no problem ba

if there's a date u really want, then better dun wait cos after the fair, the coordinators will be really busy and if your date is popular then it may get snapped up. as for extra room, i know it will be cheaper rate than usual but to get it free then u need to negotiate
happy.gif

sleepysleep

hi geberra, hamster gal

thanx for the advices =)

emailed the cooridinator to clear some qns that i need to know but no reply from her yet. normally u all need to wait how long to get a reply?

dont know the cooridinator will give me 10pax or not, hope can else like that cant nego liao erm v.hard to nego other stuff correct?

btw girls how many tables u all have?

sereneli

Hi Gals,

I am back from my wedding! Tired but great feelings.

For those who haven't signed up with Carlton, do consider them. The service from Kelvin Khoo (Catering manager), Augustine Ng (Banquet Ops Supervisor) and Andy Chua (Banquet Personnel) are really great! Kudos to the trio that I had a fun and beautiful wedding!
happy.gif

ahmei

hi serene, congrats on ur wedding!! any photos 2 share?
sleepysleep, perhaps it's better to call ur co-ordinate than to wait for email reply?

sereneli

Hi Faith,
My package is $668 nett per table, signed the contract in August 2004, so I am not sure if the price has increased.

Hi Geberra,
My AD photos are not ready yet. Need 3 to 4 weeks. But I do have some pics of the bridal suite with harbour view if you are interested.
happy.gif

sleepysleep

hi serene
congratz! share ur picpics when its ready okie?
would like to take a look @ the bridal suite n etc picpics 1st if possible hehee..

hi geberra,
guess got to give her a call tmr. =(

sereneli

Hi Sleepy,
it won't be ready so fast but if you want to see how the bridal suite looks like, I have 2 pics on it.....leave ur email or if u r in multiply, let me know, I send u the invite

hamster_gal

hi serene,

can send me the bridal suit photos? [email protected]
i know there's some contruction works near carlton hotel now.... can it be seen from your bridal suite? which floor is the bridal suite on?
sorrie leh, so many questions
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi Gerberra, Hamster_gal,

I have sent the pics to you. Though small but the view is fantastic. Remember to ask for the Harbour View instead of the City View. Suites are from 21st floor to 26th floor.
happy.gif

I didn't notice any construction work going on
happy.gif

ahmei

thanks serene, congrats to u once again..

i guess it's the post-marriage feelings..after all, preparations started so long ago with so many things to handle, and it's all completed in 1 day..amazing..

blueberry

Serene,

You can always look back at the video and photos.
So fast hor,, like we were only talking about the preparation.. haha.. me like going to celebrate one year already.
Did you feel a bit lost now since everything like coming back to normal life, more peaceful? I felt like I suddenly like got a lot of time. not used to not running around for errands :p

Gals,

For those who are preparing. enjoy..

sereneli

Hi KK,

yeah, time flies....was just asking you stuff about the hotel and zoom past liao kekeke

I dun feel like I got a lot of time cos I got a lot of work waiting for me to settle in the office
sad.gif
but then again, no more stress on whether the wedding stuff is done or completed kekeke

blueberry

Serene,

Good for you.. but not too good.. coz you got to rush for backlogs. but at least the major stress is over. Think on that day, you also cannot remember whether anything is not complete. Think too much things to do that day.
:p
Happy Weekend
happy.gif

vivid

Hi!

Need to find out more info on calton pkg fr you ladies.

My younger bro had juz signed up wif them 2 weeks ago on their weekend lunch pkg - $580nett. I wanna check had anyone of you taken up or knw abt the lunch pkg? especially on the perks. can someone share wif me wat perks had calton given to you.

I read thru the contract which my bro signed, the perks in not attractive and they did not mentioned abt wedding favour, food tasting etc. and I wld like to nego wif them again on behalf of my bro. I knw chances are not high since he had paid the deposit but I wld like to try.. pls help! it urgent, your prompt reply appreciated. thank you.

sereneli

Hi KK,
Yeah lor...the first day was still alright but the 2nd day when my banquet is held, everything seems to flash by....kekeke

Hi Enrika,
Did not heard of anyone who signed for the lunch package.sorry, can't help

hamster_gal

hi serene,
thanks for the pics
happy.gif

glad to hear that u enjoyed your AD at Carlton
happy.gif
think me will still be stressed after AD cos still need to pay all the installments for weddings
happy.gif

hi all,
i remember when i went for the bridal show last year, the coordinator brought me to a 5th floor(i think) bridal suite that has the view of Chijmes
happy.gif
think the view also not bad but not sure if can see the construction works nearby.... can check it as well....
happy.gif

hamster_gal

hi serene,
heeeheee... think very hard to make profit cos my mother asking for 8 tables.... but luckily my MIL offered to top up the deficit if the ang bao $ not enough.... so at least me and FH wun have to pay
happy.gif

by the way, does carlton provide the ang bao box?

sereneli

Hi Hamster_gal,

Well, at least you don't have to pay a single cent for your banquet, take it as breakeven lah...kekeke

Nope, I got my own ang bao box
happy.gif

jam75

hamster_gal,

u hv to request for ang bao box if not they don provide. I have ask them to indicate on my contract.

jam75

geberra

not sure how it look like cos i juz request but never see...hmmm should asked my co-ordinator to let me hv a look..

hamster_gal,

tink u can try to request!

esterlla

Hi Serene,

Can send me the pictures as well? I am interested in holding my AD at carlton as well, however, can anyone comment on the food, service and perks?

sereneli

Hi Joy,

Can you give me your email?

The food is GREAT! just that the service was a bit rush. As for perks, I think it's quite standard throughout the industry
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi Joy,

I have sent the pics to you.

Yes, there are 4 pillars, but if your tables are not their max. capacity, they can actually place them away from the pillars.

Yeah, they serve the food quite rush but probably becos it was only towards the end.

ahmei

hi serene, what time did u dinner start (first dish) and last dish? just want to see how long it took and is that why its' very rush towards the end (e.g. start late)?

sereneli

Hi Geberra,

I am not sure too cos I don't have my watch with me :p
but if I am not wrong, we started at 8.20pm to 8.30pm, ended almost about 10.45pm

loi

I am planning to have my wedding dinner at Carlton next yr.. but i'm looking at 15 tables.. but seems like there's no food tasting according to their package list.. wonder is it ok?

ahmei

hi loi, u can check out the esplanade rm for 15 tables..i think there's food tasting acc to the package...u can confirm with the co-ordinator..

sereneli

Hi Geberra,
Yeah, I guess that's the norm kekeke.

Hi Loi,
like what Geberra said, I should think there's food tasting, if not, negotiate for it.

katherine_lecoq

Hi Hi!

I am thinking of signing up with Carlton. Actually deciding between Club chinoise and Carlton. I have between 16 to 18 tables so with Carlton Max table of 16, will be just just. So food is good with Carlton? service is good? What perks from the bridal show are you ladies talking about? I am going to start my negotiation with April next week. Any hints or advices??

cheers,
Kat

ahmei

hi katherine, Carlton food is from Wah Lok, shd be not bad..Club Chinos is from Tok Lung, so i believe equally good...
think Carlton's bridal show is coming up in Sept, not sure what perkes they have...you can bargain for things like more nites stay, more cards...

faintz

Thanks, serene!

Your 36 tables all opened out, right? is there still room to walk about? My FH and myself quite big size so worry no space to walk about when photo taking..

sereneli

Hi Faintz,

Don't worry, my hubby and I are also big, if not huge size kekeke. I didn't open all 36....only used 34 cos last minute some people didn't come...
sad.gif

But there's still room for walking though it's a bit (very minimal) tight

jam75

Hi Serene,

So you got to paid 35 table right even it you din open the table??? As I don't think they will charge for reserve table..