Carlton Hotel

aquarius_888

Carlton hotel's wedding dinner serving is really very generous and I love the Mango Duck though some of the older generation people might not like it.
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi aquarius,

Went for my food tasting and I love the mango duck! kekeke too bad, my granny don't know how to appreciate though the rest of us simply love the dish....moreover it's unique
happy.gif

lollypop

Hello girls
New to this thread, need some guidance fr u gals. I've dropped a line to carlton's banquet asking for wedding pkg 06 but till now no reply from them yet.
sad.gif
any idea who i can reach directly? and if there's a wedding show coming up soon? tks a million!

sereneli

Hi Jocester,

Yeah, can try calling Kelvin. I met up with him on Saturday to finalise things for my banquet and he's really quite an easy going guy, unlike the previous negative comments about him.
happy.gif

ahmei

hi, i find my co-ordinator very bo-chap..i asked previously for some stuff, and said will get back. now it's already 3 weeks has past..

lollypop

Hi gals!
thanks for ur recommendation, i've heard alot abt kelvin fr this forum too. ok will contact him soon..really ned someone who is reliable & responsive. btw hv u heard of any carlton wedding show coming up?

annesep

Hi,

I am also holding my banquet at Carlton, level 4 esplanade room. Any thing to look out for? My wedding planner is Jason. COmments on him?

lollypop

Hi ladies,

I've touched base wif Jason and he will be showing me ard. But my co-ordinator is actually April. Any feedback on her? Thanks.

lollypop

Hi Geberra an all ladies
oh no, i think i've discovered who's the 'bo chap' one now...after reading thru the previous threads..
sad.gif

jam75

oh no... think the u gals referring the bo chap co-odinator is also mine co-odinator...sigh... do u gals hv any idea when will they start to contact u??

hamster_gal

hi jocester and jam75,

not sure who is the bo chap coordinator leh
happy.gif

but i think usually the coordinator will start to contact u abt 6 months before your AD
happy.gif

lollypop

Hi Wanda
U've got a mail! accordingly to Jason, there will be a $30 increase per tbl for next year. the price which i've sent to u is before adjustment.

kurera

Hi Wanda, I tried emailing carlton wedding packages for next year but never got a reply. It either the address was wrong or was it becos it was handled by that bo chup person..marina mandarin and a couple of hotels had increased the rates..so brides of 2006 better start your sourcing...

Try seeing the threads for bride 2006..they had already booked!

lollypop

hv not manage to talk to her yet...jason is bringing me ard this sat..but he emphasizes to me dat my co-odinator is April. which stumbles me when i know she is the one...

lollypop

i suppose he is fr banquet sales like Agnes cos his reply is using 'banquet sales'..urs is April rite? got confused over agnes and april now..hee

sereneli

<font color="0000ff">Hi Jocester</font>,
My banquet is on 26th June, so I don't think you will be seeing my setup
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Geberra</font>,
Kelvin was assigned becos my previous co-ordinator, Diana left and Kelvin is her boss, so they passed my file to him. I dunno if it's assigned based on FH's surname but FYI, FH's surname is Yeo.

beemer

Just want to share with you my experience @ Carlton. We went there for site visit and the person attending to us was late. First impression is not there already. Secondly, after showing us the ballroom, she just showed us the package without going through with me. She wanted me to go through it by myself. I find her no initiative at all. Lastly, she was rushing as she had a wedding dinner on that night. Wellz, if she knew that she's having an event on that day, she shouldn't have meet us in the first place. Overall, the service I got was poor. I'm not trying to sico anyone here. Just my experience.

ahmei

hi beemer, do u mind sharing who that person was? Is it the same lady that we mentioned in the earlier postings?

hamster_gal

hi all,
i would suggest those who intend to sign up for next year to ask abt the bridal show at carlton this year. cos i got extra perks when i signed up during the bridal show and also lucky draw....
happy.gif
actually if the details are already out, can sign up earlier and still enjoy the perks
happy.gif

lollypop

hi gebarra
hv not got a final decision..everything will be clearer when gg dwn for site viewing this sat. I've a few in mind now...
happy.gif

lollypop

oh gosh beemer dats kinda insincere of her huh...like wrapping up so hastily...bad bad
lame.gif
...like to share who will dat be?

hamster, i'll take note..tks..err..wat kind of perks u've got there?

hamster_gal

hi jocester,
i got extra nite stay in bridal suite, extra day room for helpers, red wine and A1 guest signature poster. i even won 2 prizes at the lucky draw
happy.gif
but condition must pay using UOB credit card
happy.gif

hamster_gal

hi jocester,
i got extra nite stay in bridal suite, extra day room for helpers, red wine and A1 guest signature poster. i even won 2 prizes at the lucky draw
happy.gif
but condition must pay using UOB credit card
happy.gif

sereneli

hi gals, just for info,

i didn't sign up during the fair but managed to get what hamster_gal got except for the red wine and that the poster is in A2 size
happy.gif

hamster_gal

hi beemer,

thanks for sharing....
happy.gif

i think there are some coordinator who are not very helpful and there has been complaints from earlier postings....
but i think can also consider other factors like the venue, food, ambience etc.... cos i have heard from many frens that Wah Lok food is really very good.... if coordinator is not helpful, can still request for a different one
happy.gif

hi sleepysleep,
you can get those perks during the bridal show. wine waiver is a standard item
happy.gif

sleepysleep

hi hamster gal,
may i know when will their wedding fair be?

went down last week to take a look @ the empress ballroom, the cooridinator mentioned theres 2 ballroom but didnt show me the 2nd one.. izzit the esplanade ballrm?
i not too sure if the cooridinator attended to me is easy to nego with coz when i mention if i can get 10 pax food tasting coz our families consist of 10 ppl, also like cant get it.
coz we in rush of time too thus i also didnt ask more for nego on the spot. wonder if i am able to get extra peaks off the current package. =(

ahmei

Hi sleepysleep, wedding fair is in sept (i think lah. If I din rem wrongly what my co-ordinator mentioned b4)…
Yup the esplanade ballroom is on 4th floor, much smaller one..can hold max 16 tables..maybe ur co-ordinator din show u cos of ur estimated no.of tables?

sleepysleep

hi geberra,

oooh sept is still quite far away and the tentative booking is for 2 wks only? =( and i need i need extra rm quite badly hehee

did any ladies manage to get extra room outside the bridal fair?

ahmei

hi sleepysleep, the extra room nope..onli helpers room...but if u reali fix on it, u may not want to wait till the fair..cos although they throw in perks but sometimes the prices may differ..u may want to check with ur co-ordinator