Carlton Hotel

blueberry

Hi Jam75,

Dun worry too much of a cost.
Do whatever is necessary. Some simple wedding leaves the most memorable day for the couple.

jam75

Hi Serene,

No idea which BS to go though most of BS is almost the same....

Hi KK,

Although realli dun wan to worry too much $$$ but no choice everything need $$$ furthermore if dis month balloting of the flat cfmd need $$ for the flat too

sereneli

Hi Jam75,

Yeah almost all are the same to me too but I guess the difference lies in the service and how comfortable you are with them
happy.gif
Happy BS shopping!
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi Tanya,

If I am not wrong, they do cater to smaller groups in the Esplanade Room. Can call Carlton to check with them.

blueberry

Hi Jam,

Can understand. esp when you going to fork out the moeny which you have been saving for at one go.. a bit sayang... but do some budgeting.. do whatever you can within your means.

Serene,

Which part of Sin you putting up.. at least you got your home done. so one thing down.
I find that it's the housing and dinner cost that are costing a bomb. the rest still ok.

sereneli

Hi KK,

I m staying in Jurong West. Yeah...the house basically is one down!
happy.gif

So now only worried how much to "lose" on banquet! kekeke

jam75

Hi KK,

U r right 2 things together realli cost a big bomb and not only money matter but also got to face 2 family members discussing abt the wedding if they compromise to one another request.... a big headache...

come to think abt it spending so much $$ & time just f a nite dunno realli worth it or not!!

blueberry

Serene,

What we did is to work out the possibility chart..
eg.. the attendance and the angbao amount... so roughly you know what is the amount you most likely to lose. but for us, we din lost a lot. we manage to gain a little. It also depends on who you invite for the dinner too.. we din invite the whole families.. just the couple and not kids. It helps to manage the number of ppl and as well reduces the likelyhood of loses on kids.

Jam75,
Maybe you and your hubby need to agree to the more stuff than the 2 whole families.
I came to realise that if you ask pple for opinion, they will have a lot of suggestions and things don't get done that fast.. for us, me and hubby agreed on things that we want and convey the message to our parents. They are ok with it.. It makes all our life easier.

Dun worry about money.. this month got 13th month right?

sereneli

Hi KK,

Heehee possibility chart? I just gave a rough budget, probably if lose, also lose $3K or $4K. If heng, may make...kekeke

socksham

Hi all,

I just attended my sis wedding on last sunday.. all i can say the service is good.. food not bad... ambience is definitely i feel nice .. everything went smoothly n the supervisor is good n arrange things promptly for my sis...

Thumbs up for Carlton..
happy.gif

zhuzhu

Ladies
I am back...just finished my AD yesterday...no major hipcups..heng ah...din make a lose in the ang bao collection also..phew~ frends say the food is good..but never ask about service...think must ask feedback from my colleagues when i get back to office..

sereneli

Hi Zhuzhu,

Congrats! Do give us more feedback about Carlton and in fact anything bad also must tell us so that we also can take note!
happy.gif

blueberry

Hi ZhuZhu,

So fast.. your AD is over already.. It was like months ago we were dicussing the dinner stuff..
Glad everything is over.
happy.gif
all the stress now over... heehee...
The food was too much for us... Actually the table is good enough for 12 pax...

Serene,
Dun worry too much..

sereneli

Hi KK,

Heehee cannot help it leh....pre-wedding jitters! though it's at least 6 months away..kekeke

anyway u were saying table is big enough? I was thinking some tables sit 11....comfortable?

zhuzhu

Hi KK
Agreed that the food per table was alot..that was wat my relatives said...one of my frend say food is better than wat she ate at shangrila..duno true o not..;)...then very funny..during the champagne popping..my hubby broke one of the chandlier...one strand was hangin in the middle of the air...so sharp shooter
lol.gif

jam75

Hi KK

Though we r paying f the dinner but both families got alot of comments and realli headache... Juz f my info how many tables yr mom request?? cos both families got disagreement of the no. of tbl cos if my mom got to request more tbl n she keep the ang bao than we got a big loss lor...shd work out a possiblity chart like wat u though Serene...

Oh ya heard alot of gd comments abt Carlton..will make us more comfortable to book wif Carlton...

blueberry

Serene,

The table can fit 11 pax.. but 12 is a bit too close. The food is too much for 10 pax..

Jam 75,
We din give any tables to any side of the parents.. meaning to say.. we paid for every table. our parents invite the relatives and we get to keep the ang baos.. our side is lax on traditions customs.. we only give parents ang bao.
You can check with your mum if she wants ang bao or tables. just let her know that you all are keeping within a number of tables and maybe she would not ask for a sudden increase in number. or try to see if you got any relatives who got married roughly how the tables parents get works.. Most of the time, parents will follow what other relatives does. Mine also. BTW, you mean you haven booked yet??

ZhuZhu,
So acurate... aiming good leh... so any compensation... must be the highlight of the day...
BTW, is your co-ordinator Diana? Me kind of miss her. she was a great help.

Damsel,
Enjoy your preparation..
Now ZhuZhu and I shaking legs...

zhuzhu

Hi KK
No need compensation...the operations mgr say its okie..he was the one to say aim for the chandalier...so not our fault...then a repairman bought a ladder out to fix the lamp..and everyone start snappin pics..sooo funny
Diana was my coordinator..she was a very good lady...

sereneli

Hi Jam75,
When's your AD? me don't even know how many tables my mum wants...kekeke

Hi KK,
Hmm that sounds good eough for me
happy.gif

Agree that Diana is a nice lady too...!

blueberry

Serene,

Good. at least we got a good co-ordinator.

ZhuZhu,

Maybe it is also high time they change the chandalier.. heng din hit the bulbs or else light out and everyone will be having candlelight dinner.
What did you choose as your favors? Got any pix.. Pm me
happy.gif

zhuzhu

Hi KK
I choose their new favours...its a test tube with tea flowers inside...those flowers can be use to boil tea...quite interesting..haven got my pic yet..will let you know again

sereneli

Hi KK,
Yeah I thought so too. Lucky cos I heard some of them had bad experiences with others :Þ
So which favour did u choose?

Hi Zhuzhu,
That sounds like a very interesting favour. Please show us the photos if u have them.

zhuzhu

Hi Serene
Sure I will post the pic once i get it..

Ladies
I have some red wine left over. 20 bottles of Matthew Lang Cabernet Sauvigon, selling at $13.80/bottle

Anyone interested, let me know.

sereneli

Hi Zhuzhu,
thanks.

The wine, my brother may be interested but he may needs more. I know Matthew Lang is available in Carrefour. I will let you know again.

zhuzhu

Hi Serene
Sure let me know if ur bro is interested..Duno how much Carrefour is selling the Matthew Lang though

jam75

Hi KK,

Actually my mom so call v tradition so the no. of tbl given to her and she will keep all the ang bao according to custom as she has been practising dis wif my bro wedding dat she gave the tbl to lady side n ang bao also keep by the lady side...so mi not as lucky as u n requested 8 table so we got a loss of 8 table liow...yup mi havn't booked cos still cosidering whether we can absord this big loss or not!

Hi serene,

actualli my AD will only b in Jan'2006 but just sourcing the place which within our budget and got we got to plan whether we hit the min or max of the table or not....so right now just calcuate how many table each family and ourself need...think yr mom will actuali give the ang bao back to you to cover the wedding dinner...or better check wif yr mom idea first if not she keep the ang bao u will hv a big loss

damsel

Hi Serene,
I'm not getting anxious but it's more of excitement:)

Hi KK,
hee hee yeah i'm enjoying my preparations although at times it can be stressful having to make all the decision. this weekend going to select my cards and sent it for printing. my coordinator is Diana as well, she's really nice and flexible

sereneli

Hi Zhuzhu,
No problem. Will let you know again. But if someone else wants it, just go ahead cos my brother is those "jin gao tu" (Slow turtle) kekeke

Hi Jam75,
My mum know our finances not very strong so when I asked her she said up to us, don't give also can...kekeke

Hi Damsel,
Just enjoy the day!
happy.gif

blueberry

Serene, ZhuZhu,

I choose the bears. They are quite popular with my guests. all wanted extras. haha.. even my elder aunty also want to "tabao" some back.

ZhuZhu,
Din see the test tube ones.. must be nice.. they got quite nice favors recently. Was tempted on getting a few "samples" back. hehee..

Hi Jam75,

Can understand how you feel. A bit at loss of how to go about.. try to gauage how many tables you need. dun worry about cost. There are still many hotels that have good food but not too expensive.Still can fit your budget.
Dun worry.. we all here to help you
happy.gif
more brains can think better..

Serene,
So nice of your mum.. think she sayang you a lot..

Damsel,

you will start to get busy from sat.. heehee...
my schedules were fully packed till my AD. after dat.. very empty... heehee.. but it was kind of fun.. sourcing for this and that... and if need help, must let us know..

sereneli

Hi KK,

Oh yah hor, I saw it in your pics. Very cute but my hubby dun want to choose the bear. Last time Diana only show us Keychain, chopsticks, bears and candles...now got newer things?

Yeah, my mum sayang me alot ;)

blueberry

Serene,

Think your hubby wants some pratical stuff..
Haha.. I saw the bears and like it at instant. think my hubby know my kuan. want this type of stuff...
The candles are our second choice.

zhuzhu

Hi KK
The test tube with flower were new one..i think they have it after their bridal show..but the keychain now change to "xi"..no longer the boy n gal one lar..not very nice...bear and candle still around..my frends like the test tube, something different for a change.

minibu

Hi Ladies,

New here...Am thinking of having my wedding dinner at Carlton too, so see that u gals have very positive comments..glad to hear.
Anyone can advise wat is the wedding packages like for 2005?

I'm also looking at Club Chinios & Swissotel Merchant Court, any comments??

damsel

Hi KK,
yeah i expect to start being busy from this weekend onwards...anyway i'm fully prepared for it

Wow I can't wait to choose my favours, seems like the bears are a popular choice

sereneli

Hi Zhuzhu,
Yeah...agreed that the test tube is something different.

Hi Minibu,
I don't have the package for 2005. Why don't you email or call them to fax to you.
I wanted to choose Club Chinios but my brother's wedding in Jan is already using it and mine is in June the same year
happy.gif
As for Merchant Court, I couldn't meet their minimum no. of tables, so out for me.
happy.gif

Hi KK,
You also choosing the bears? heehee

blueberry

ZhuZhu,

Me haven see the Xi keychain before.. might be nice..
You make me even want to see the test tube leh....

Serene,
Yah.. for you.. still early to choose. can wait for better ones.

Damsel,
Better take care of your health. dun tire.. and come in to chat with us too.
happy.gif

You got all your photos selected and album taken?
BTW, when did you sign up? last year or this year?

Minibu,

Enjoy your searching. kind of fun. but can be tiring. Club Chinos is one of my choice. food is good. by Tung Lok. of course.
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi KK,

Heehee yeah but after attending a wedding dinner yesterday night....now I am really looking forward to mine!
happy.gif

minibu

Ladies,

Thanks for your feedback...
Checked with Merchant Court, me too unable to meet their min. table requirement, too bad. Most likely will give up MC.
Am going to Carlton this evening for a showround & tml to Club Chinois...busy busy...

damsel

Hi KK,
Thanks for your concern, I'm definitely taking care of myself cause I want to be a radiant bride on my wedding day. I'll be taking my PS only towards the end of this month, it's a bit last min but no choice cause have to wait for my FH to come over. I sign up with Carlton in June this year.

blueberry

Damsel,

Yah.. kind of pack for you.
Somemore got so little time left..
Hope the photos are in time on your AD.
I signed up last year. So some perks and package might be different from yours.

Serene,
Yesterday got dinner? Where?
This month got a lot of pple getting married.
I got two friends this month. but din attend.
One of my close friends got 5 dinner this month..

sereneli

Hi Minibu,
Heehee we have been through that!
happy.gif

Btw, if u go Carlton and if you are driving, remember to ask the Co-ordinator for a complimentary parking pass cos the parking there is $6 per entry for evening. Are you meeting Diana?

Hi Damsel,
I signed up with Carlton only in September this year
happy.gif

Hi KK,
yesterday dinner was at Traders. Not too bad, quite a nice place but just that the lobby was undergoing renovations.
This month I also have 3 weddings invites. But can only attend 2 as the other one happens to be on the same day!
happy.gif

pooh25

Hi all

Just to share my experience. Few months ago, i attended my cousin's wedding dinner at Carlton Hotel. Quite disappointed. At my table, the table menu actually shows another wedding couple's name rather than my cousin's. And the explanation to my wedding couple was not very acceptable.

blueberry

Serene,
when I was choosing my venue for dinner. I was also thinking between Traders and Carlton.
Haha.. but still no regrets.
Actually I dun like to hold dinner in the months that are very popular. coz ppl will tend to compare and complain too... Have heard from friends commenting this and that..
Even for mine, some friends also like dat.. can't help it.

minibu

Hi Serene,

Thanks for reminder to get complimentary parking pass..wah, the parking fees very X!
Ya, me meeting Diana. I think their service not bad, Agnes answered my call saying Diana is not around, but got her call pretty fast.
See u gals talking abt Traders hotel, may I know hows the package price like??
Anything I should look out for tonight's meeting with Diana??