Carlton Hotel

angelia_lim

Michelle

Are you going to show your childhoon's photo during the dinner???

Just found out that you have manual screen. Which means that if you want to show it before the first march in, you need to give them 2 mins to clear the screen before you march in. The guests will actually stare at what the people are doing. Still thinking out to do...hai

zhuzhu

Hi Angelia

The last time I met up with Jerrie b4 she left..she mentioned that you can have the screen at the reception area..when ppl come they can see..but duno is it noisy o not..then at least you won't have the issue of needin to give the staff 2 mins to clear the stage..

zhuzhu

Hi SerLi
Actually its really bo hua to have vegetarian at ur dinner...but bo bian lor..dats why try not to have ur wedding dinner at "chu yi and shi wu" otherwise too many vegetarians to cater for..
biggrin.gif

sereneli

hi zhuzhu,

ya lor, bo bian, i got 1 friend who's a vegetarian, so no choice. Then got 3 colleagues who are malay....sian 1/2 liao

michellekoh

Hi Angelia,

our wedding dinner theme will be 70s song, my FH decide. for Flower deco will discuss with Lena next mth.
we will show our wedding photo, total have 80pic. During first march in show 40 pic, after march in between 2nd dish & 4th dish show another 1/2 of the pic. than follow by our 2nd march in.
157211.gif

babyvon

Hi Kk, Zhuzhu & Michelle,

Long time no chat! How hv all of u been? Hmmm...Dinno tt tis thread's still active. Haha!
biggrin.gif

Michelle,

Congrats! Must be really excited ya? Ur AD's drawing nearer each day! So, hw's all ur prep?
wink.gif

Zhuzhu & Serli,

It's not entirely "bo hua" to hv either vegetarian or muslim relatives or friends. U can always hv tt table as 11-12 sitters (with an infant chair)...The last time i had my dinner, i did tt too. As long as the table beside it has 10 paxs, it'll be spacious enuf...Plus the food portion's def enuf for 11 paxs.

Plus, if u let ur relative or fiend know tt u've specially catered the vegetarian or muslim food for them, i'm sure they'll be paiseh & their angpow won't be tt little too.
lame.gif

Hi Angelia,

For my case, i asked for 2 projectors & screens to be placed at the 2 sides of the stage...tt way, they dun hv to remove the screens & projectors & the guests can criss-cross to watch instead of hvg to strain their head over to watch from the centre-stage. Oso, there's the 4 pillars which will affect certain guests' view.

I dunno if they'll still allow tt but there's no harm asking if they cld do tt for u?
wink.gif

Or u can ask them to clear asap during ur march-in where the guests' attn will be on u & ur hubby..tt way the guests won't notice the clearing part?

michellekoh

hi Angelia,

My only have 15 tables
happy.gif
so the ballroom is samll v think not need to clear the screen. so the projector will only show our wedding photo. and all the guest can direct c us in stage.

Hi Babyvon,

i m now very excited,
happy.gif
every step of preparation are fun n gd experience.

sereneli

Hi BabyVon,

Thanks for the advisce.

Btw, did you have to pay extra for the projectors since you used 2?

Diana quoted me $350 for an extra projector.

sereneli

hi gals,

there will be a wedding on the 18th September,may i know who's wedding izzit?

Cos Diana told me to go and see the actual setup on that day!
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi Zhuzhu,

There seem to be quite a few weddings. Heard from Diana, there's one on the 15th, 18th and 24th for September.....

blueberry

Hi girls,

Was busy lately. din even realised that have past Sept.. kind of panick now... got so many things to do and little time left. :p

Hi Babyvon,
Miss you... saw in other threads that you got new family member coming soon. must take care...

Serli,
so in the end you decided to take up.. good choice... can start planning for your BS stuff. dinner wise will only get you busy early next year...

angelia_lim

Hi SerLi

Just confirmed the no. of muslim with my coordinator, like what your coordinator quoted you, is at $66.80 cause our per tables $668. Same Same lah. hehehe!!!

angelia_lim

Warning!!!!

Pls be very careful with anything to do with number. If you are not sure about the price, pls do not post it in your message. This may cause you into deep trouble!!! This is very unfair.....

angelia_lim

Hi Serene

Just a incident which i encounter recently, which i find it very unfair even i have clarify that it may be i remember the wrong price, but my name was still quoted. hai....

sereneli

aiya no choice lor...sometimes, u can't control others right? but prices or anything mentioned here will have to be verified ultimately by the hotel/BS right? Cheer up gal!

158891.gif

babybluez

Hi Serene!
Took your advice to check out this site. Hey! You going down on 18 Sept? Me too. But my first appointment lah. I also with Diana. meeting her at 5:00pm.

sereneli

hi nicole,

no prob. I have already signed with Diana but just going down to see the actual setup.
Remember to ask her to bring you see the bridal suite and the Carlton Club Lounge (view is great)

happy.gif

babybluez

Hmm.. actually to think abt it. at least if I stay in this hotel, nearby at least got places to go. If i pick M Hotel, I'll just be in the middle of Shenton Way offices. Shudder. Haha.

sereneli

heehee that's what my hubby said. He asked me why I go and request for one more night stay, I told him, first day, can go Raffles City, City Link Mall, Marina Square and Suntec, 2nd day can go Bugis Junction etc....

kekeke cos my AD is Sunday, so Mon / Tues go shopping....shiok shiok...

babybluez

So clever. I am also eyeing Sunday as dinner day. But I was thinking if really bridal fair they give more perks, I'll just sign up then and take any Sunday they have available. Cos Hubby and I not particular abt any day actually. We would like it to be around ROM date 8 Nov so we easy to remember anniversary lah. But we won't die if not that date either. heehee. we very relak one. I thinking of not even having any costume change at dinner.

sereneli

heehee yah lor but I think will be more shack out after the dinner...kekeke.

Hmm in this case, I think you better wait for the fair since they usually give more/better perks.

babyvon

Hi Serli,

I didn't pay for the extra projector...Just try ur best to bargain with them. Wish u luck!
happy.gif

Hi Kk & Zhuzhu,

Thks! Yep, i'm in my 4th mth of pregnancy now...I do get to enjoy the baby bonus except the 3 mths maternity leave as i had to resign from my job. Well, tt's not too bad afterall.
uhoh.gif

It's nice to see u ladies being so excited over ur wedding prep! I actually kinda miss the time when i was preparing for mine. Haha! Wish i can go thru' it again. Do hv lotsa fun 'cos it's def gonna be really memorable & unforgettable! Cheers!
wink.gif

sereneli

hi mummyvon,

kekeke congrats on your pregnancy
happy.gif

Thanks for your advice but I think it's difficult cos I have already signed up with them liao. Think there won't be any more barganing for me
sad.gif

babybluez

Hey Serene,
I just called Diana cos my hubby scared got dress code then he kena thrown out in his burms and sandals. Turns out my appointment was for next Saturday actually. haha. I blur sotong. ANyway, I told her "Hah! so long ah?" so she agreed to squeeze me in just before your appointment tomorrow. haha. I asked when you going so she told me. heehee. Don't worry, I not stalking you. She also told me to book early otherwise like you, cannot book your ideal date. I haven't tell her I got no ideal date yet. shhh....
I told her I sorta know you. She wanted to slot us together. Scully she find out we never meet before. haha. Then she will know we've been discussing about her online. Oops. heehee
Anyway, she told me she cannot show me the rooms at all. All occupied so I can only see the ballroom. Can you describe to me? Nicer or not as nice as M Hotel?

sereneli

Hi Nicole,

No prob about wearing burms and sandals cos that's what we wore when we check out the hotel on a Saturday afternoon. Heehee....didn't really bother cos thought we have to be comfortable since we will be "hotel shopping" that day...kekeke

cannot book ideal date?? she blur liao izzit?? I managed to book the date that I want leh...*scratch head*

Aiya, I don't mind if she bring us around together since I have already signed with her but I dun think she will want us to be together. Cos of the perks thing. If she give you what I can't get, I sure want to ask for it, and if she give me what you want but can't get, you will also ask for it right? kekeke

Anyway,she's a very friendly girl, don't worry!
happy.gif

The room, don't compare to M-Hotel lah....M-Hotel got in-room jaccuzi and more modern too. Carlton one is quite spacious but the room is a bit old in my opinion. Then check if she can bring you to the Carlton Club Lounge on the 26th floor. That's the view that you should see...kekeke

Anyway, are you checking out the Empress Ballroom or the other?

babybluez

she offered to bring us around but i say no lah. cos anyway, she will have to be telling us different things. Yah. I agree that she's very friendly. On the phone I already joking with her. My hubby sure hit off with her cos he always joking with our hotel co-ordinator. When we find one very serious, we also sian.

Ah well, maybe I not fated to ever use a jacuzzi. I was fascinated by the glass screen that could become clear and frosted. My hubby thinks I siow. But it's so cool! heehee. I think he not looking forward to taking a bath with me playing peek a boo with him from the other side. haha.

sereneli

Hi Nicole,

Yeah, she's always joking, so I guess you guys can hit it off with her.

Me like M-Hotel becos of the Bridal Suite...kekeke but not the Function Room and moreover, I prefer the Banquet Suite @ 10 floor but hubby said, you pay for so much price difference for what when it's at the same hotel. Think think also quite true, so I never sign with M-Hotel lor....

babybluez

Hi Serene
Yah. same here. Of course the banquet ballroom much nicer and exclusive. got dressing room outside but $100 more and cannot have it on a weekend, not as worth it as Function Room.

I don't know which ballroom I supposed to be checking out. I only know I got abt 25 tables.

babyvon

Hi Serene,

Thks!
happy.gif
U can always try...U never know u may just get it. But of course u must be firm too lah!
wink.gif
Cheers!

babybluez

AD is actual day right? I thinking of having the church and tea ceremony on saturday 5 Nov 05. then dinner best is if on 6 Nov.

If not, I'll just take any Sunday for dinner lor. yours?

sereneli

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Von, yeah no harm trying again when its nearer to my date</font>
162372.gif

<font color="0077aa">Nicole, yup AD=Actual Day, learnt from this forum heehee.....mine is on the 26 June 2005</font>

babybluez

Serene,
Wah, your AD so near! How come you still inspecting the hotel now? I thot should be all finalised by then. And still can book your ideal date now? Wow.. I can't even do that when mine is in November. sigh...

sereneli

hi nicole,

ok lah...mine was kinda last minute. Cos didn't expect the date given by my Father-in-Law to be so near. So started sourcing in July/August 2004. Managed to find Carlton that is still available and within my budget. So just take it lor....kekeke

November is a "hot" month to get married, that's why the difficulties
happy.gif

babybluez

hey Serene,
Oh is it? darn. why so hot? I only picked end of year cos thot give myself more time to diet and save money. lucky you still manage to find a hotel that suits you and the date. Also lucky no one in our families giving us dates. hiak hiak.

sereneli

haahaa I also dunno why it's hot. For me, I am ok with anything that comes my way cos my hubby and I have ROM in 2003 and have been living in our new flat since. So this traditional ceremony is just to "please" the elders
happy.gif

babybluez

wah! so lucky. I also ROM but cannot stay together yet cos parents still think if haven't go through customary then not really married. I really can't wait to move out of my parents' home. And my new place is so nicely located some more. sigh..

But I different. I want to have nice beautiful wedding so not just to "please" the elders. My hubby different. He finds these things sian. Why so much trouble? Why spend so much money? But once in a lifetime mah. Anyway, lucky I don't stay with him yet so he still got incentive to go thro the process. hope he don't read this forum or else I will kena real bad. heehee