Carlton Hotel

sereneli

Hi gals,

They will have to dismantle the projector before you can march in
happy.gif

hamster_gal

oh... then in that case, i think i will not have a montage running in the background.... cos it will be too much of a hassle to have to set up and dismantle for 2nd march in
thanks for the advice
happy.gif

erkerk

Hi KK,

ic, ic, Thks
happy.gif
Really appreciate your gd advise
happy.gif

Hi Serene,

Yup, my coordinator is Kelvin, find him quite nice. Sometime I email him after office hour and he still return call even at 7pm. If I email him in the morning, he will call during lunch time, I guessed he is thoughtful for not calling during office hour that might not be so convenient for us to discuss personal matter. My max is 40 tables, anyway both ours below so no worries
happy.gif

Hi Hamster_gal,

I enquired abt the stage earlier too
happy.gif
, heard is ok to have 10-12 pax, won't collapse but more ppl cramp lor..I happened to see the projector, they use a portable 2 layer trolley to place it, think the 2nd layer is for the video player if you need, screen also portable type with 3 'leg stand', they will put the screen on the stage then remove it just before your march in.

Hi Lindy,

oh dear, they will take some time to 'dismantle' the screen? I tot they can just carry it and exit from the side door, as for the projector trolley, just roll it off from the aisle and put it at the side. you will have a long march in too
happy.gif
which table will be blocked by the pillars? me also want to avoid it..

BTW, any gals exploring to put the portable screen at the other end of the ballrm(meaning from where we start to march in) instead of on the stage. we will have a few tables there but me thinking to empty the center tbl to put the screen but the operation staff I saw the other day said everyone will be focusing on the stage so it is more appropriate to put on the stage..

sereneli

Hi Erkerk,

Yeap, he's quite nice and quite prompt with his response to my queries too. He even called me yesterday (sunday) as I left him an email on Friday. kekeke

erkerk

Hi Serene,

That's nice
happy.gif
Didn't know he works on Sunday too. Will you be showing photo montage at the banquet? Any comments of placing the screen at the back of the ballroom?

sereneli

Hi Erkerk,

yeah, he was telling me that he was away for 2 days so gotta come back on sunday to clear some stuff.

I dunno yet about the montage, most probably but I can't put it behind the ballroom as there will be some tables there
happy.gif

hamster_gal

hi erkerk,
i think it's a good idea to put it at the back of the ballroom cos i intend to play a short video clip just before my 1st march in..... so everyone's attention will already be at the back when i march in...
i saw the floor plan and i think i can keep the back area empty since i only have around 30 tables (2 stand-by)
but i worried that the 3-leg stand is not high enough, that's why need to put screen on stage so everyone can see the screen
happy.gif

hi geberra,
my contract states that there will be 6 fresh flower stands along the isle.... as for the stage, i believe it will be what's shown during the bridal show last year... hmmm... i think it looks like flowers and leaves draped over a wooden frame (hope u understand what i mean)....
happy.gif

hamster_gal

hi serene,

yup.... after i called him up about the wrong contract sent to me, he apologized and sent me the revised copy.... when i signed ip and mailed back to him, he also gave me a call to reassure me that he has received it. he also told me that he will get back to me again about 6 months before my AD.....
i think this is good service from Kelvin
happy.gif

lindytan

hi erkerk,

you can have a look at the floor plan and pick out those tables behind the tables if possible.
i cannot remember which are the tables. need to go down to resurvey again if i have the time or estimate based on floor plan.
i cannot remember how they recover the projector and the screen. probably i will check with april (coordinator) and get back.
anyone's coordinator is same as me?

sereneli

Hi Hamster_gal,

yeah, after talking to him a few times over the phone, I felt that the previous bad comments were too harsh. Glad that things are working out fine with him
happy.gif

erkerk

Hi Serene,

ic, ic..

Hi hamster_gal,

I also can keep back of the ballrm empty
happy.gif
*high5* me worry abt screen not high too, not sure if the legs can be adjusted or they can stack some blocks..btw, when is your wedding?

Hi Lindy,

Thanks
happy.gif

ahmei

thanks hamster_gal!
lindy, my co-ordinator is the same as yours. Heard that they assign co-ordinators based on the surname of the groom..

lindytan

hi geberra: would like to check with you on your coordinator? how do you find her ah? i always got difficulty trying to get her ley. not sure if i am too sensitive.
i manage to get the floor plan from the previous PM. any one need it?
btw, do anyone have the intention to decor the place with ballons? thot of doing that. any comments?

hamster_gal

hi erkerk,
cheers
happy.gif

my AD is 11 Dec 05. when is yours? me thinking that if put the projector screen at the back, need to also leave space in front of the screen for the projector? hmmm.... looks like need to survey the area again carefully when going down for food tasting...

hi all,
what are the dishes that u have chosen for food tasting?
does anyone know how much it will cost if i want to book the day-room for helpers for 1 night? my contract gives me the day room for use until 7 or 8pm only
happy.gif

blueberry

hi gals,

busy these few days.hardly got chance to "breathe" heehee...

Serene,

Cannot afford to put on too much weight. haha...
but then, can't help it. now eat more than regular meals. life is good...

For the projector, they put mine at the left side of the stage during the entire dinner. din block anything.

Lindy,
You mean to deco with balloons for the entrance, stage or the whole ballrooms.
Bear in mind. the celling is not high. so might make the whole room look more cramp.

sereneli

Hi Hamster_gal,

I am choosing the Scent of love Menu 2 and changing the rice to noodles. Others remain but I have yet to go for the food tasting :p
The room rate is $155+++ or whatever is the current promotion available at Carlton.

Hi KK,
Aiya, now must concentrate on making BB, not dieting lah...kekeke

You mean they left the projector there in the Empress Ballroom?

blueberry

Serene,

Haha... how come you know...
but think should lose some weight before pregnant. when are you planning?

Yah.. they say very disruptive if move the screen. and partly becoz I use the screen for the second march-in so kind of leaving the screen the as a best choice. but the hotel still screen the pix on the screen. so something like "deco purpose".

Hamster_gal,
There is no special rate for us even if we are going to have our dinner there. so it is going to be the normal rate.

sereneli

Hi KK,

heehee true true....must lose weight before pregnant, more healthy that way too....

Me not planning so early....after AD then see how...let nature take its course I guess.

KK, actually that's a good idea, the pic just leave on the screen as a deco purpose
happy.gif

Diana told me previously that the price is $155+++ or any current promo rate....so hamster_gal, you may want to check with your co-ordinator

erkerk

hi hamster_gal,

My on 30 June
happy.gif
. The projector will be on a double layer trolley, think it will be place on 1/4 of aisle, start of the 2 pillars(hope you can understand my description). guess they can conviently roll it aside when lights are out for us to match in..

Hi KK,

U didn't remove the screen throughout the banquet? so it's 'blocking' the stage back drops?

lindytan

I tin for KK one, she is at esplanade room, different from mine. i am at empress room. cannot put at the left side. cos it will be block by pillars.
kk: thanks for your advice, will have to go down again to view the place and decide on wat to do. haha. i intend to go during mid may. is it too late? my wedding is in mid june.
btw, check with the coordinator liao, recovering of the projector before the 2nd march in seems ok. not very difficult. cos they will play one song b4 you march in, so during that time, they will recover the projector. she mention it is the coordination between the mc and the operation manager.

sereneli

Hi Lindy,

When's your wedding?
Seems like there's quite a few brides here who have wedding in June 2005
happy.gif

I will be having mine in the Empress room as well. If I didn't remember wrongly, Diana did tell me that they will remove the trolley (projector) when they dimmed the lights so that the attention is on the march in.

I guess like what Lindy said, it's a matter of co-ordination work that night
happy.gif

blueberry

Lindy,

I had both the two rooms. Church at Esplandane and Dinner at Empress.

They put the projetor next to the stage. din block the stage.
Think I try to find if I got any pix showing the screen. maybe send after lunch.

zhuzhu

Hi Erkerk
Sorry just came back from Honeymoon. As KK had replied for me...my wedding was in Dec...and no I did not pay extra for the deco? I think what they had was pretty sufficient..

Hi Serene
I had the projector outside the ballroom..but they actually put it at the other end (Opp the lift)...so not alot of ppl saw it..but no big deal lar

lindytan

i did ask the coordinator. you can have 2 choices, either place the projector outside the ballroom or inside the ballroom. the only difference is when you place outside, there is no music accompanied even thot your montage have music one.
serene: mine is on 19 june, a bit stress up. cos a few things haven settle. heehe. how abt u?

sereneli

Hi Lindy,

Yeap yeap, Diana told me that b4 too.

Wow ur wedding is just one week before mine! kekeke

Me will be doing my photoshoot next week, collecting cards from Jasvy tomorrow, booked food tasting date with kelvin....other than that I also dunno what to do liao.....

hamster_gal

hi all,

can i check if empress or esplanade is the bigger ballroom? mine is the bigger one with capacity up to 38 tables and on the 2nd floor
happy.gif

my video will have music so cannot put the projector outside the ballroom.
happy.gif

zhuzhu

Hi Serene & Erkerk
Me went to Jap for honeymoon..

Serene,
Orignally Diana told me the projector will be place just near the lift there..so when ppl come out of the lift..they can see it..but turns out they put it at the other end...so most ppl only heard the music...din really see the video unless they venture up...cos ppl will gather near the recept table there mar...But the music is playing leh...how come they say got no music leh? Some of my frends go hunting for the video cos they heard the music

blueberry

Hi ZhuZhu,

How's the trip? Fun. Weather good too?
You so late then went for HM.
Me also went there but was straight after AD. haha.. now can't wait to go for another holiday.

Serene,
Just sit back and relax..
happy.gif
just wait for the day to come...

I found the pix. But not to sure if its help. Let me know if you want the pix.

sereneli

Hi Gals,

Seems like Japan is a popular destination for Honeymoon eh....my bro also leaving for Japan for HM end of this month.

Just curious, how much you gals spent for the trip? Heard Japan is ex for alot of stuff.

Zhuzhu,
Oh you mean the other end of the room? Diana told me it's at the recept area leh...better make sure...

KK,
Please send the pic to me!
happy.gif
Thanks!
[email protected]

sereneli

Hi KK,
Got your pic! Thanks!

F&E @ $4K inclusive of airfare+lodging+spending money? So cheap for Japan? Care to share more details?

Hi Kat,
I collected the cards about 3 months before my AD. Tot of printing earlier so that it won't be so rush.
happy.gif
Food tasting is about 1 to 2 months from your AD

blueberry

Serene,

Think I send your heart beating fast.
We fly by the cheapest airlines, Northwest. took JR. so transport is 1200. stay in cheap hotels and somedays with my relatives there.so less than 500. the rest is eat and transport. one train trip can cost almost a meal here is Sin. (like Sin3)cover disney, toyko, kyoto, osaka, yokohama.

sereneli

Hi KK,

no wonder lah...I was thinking how come so cheap...kekeke I don't mind cheap airline and cheap hotel as long as clean can liao kekeke

it's 8 hours flight right?

blueberry

Serene,

Yah.. I rather save on the transport and spend eating there.
Actually NW is quite good. So I will be making it my regular choice.
Yah 8 hours (7 flight hr and 1 hrtime diff). their time is one hour ahead of us.

ahmei

hi gals, can i ask a question, although it's got nothing much related to Carlton...which BS are you gals using? i'm sourcing for BS and feel pretty lost..even though i looked at all the threads on BS..still lost...

zhuzhu

Hi KK
Wow...4K for 2 wks in jap??? I also went for 2 wks..but i think i spend double ur amt...the weather was good...nice if its not raining..come back there was like sooo hot!!..must save for HM 1st mar..that y go so late lor..and also wanna catch the cherry blossom..

How much is NW tix? Me took the JAL promo tix..with tax is about $620.

Hi Serene
Diana also told me its just outside the lift area..but duno how come that day it was placed at the other end...anyway it was handled by my hubby...hmm can't trust men to do their job..tsk tsk

lindytan

kk: can send the pics to me as well.
[email protected]
Thanks.

serene: i am arranging my food tasting soon too. probably next week or the week after. wat photoshot? for the BS?
btw have you pass the photo to the coordinator for poster printing?

lindytan

kk: btw, 4k is really cheap, very tempted. but i intend to go US cos i scare i might not be able to go so far next time after i am pregnant or with kids. so ma fun by tat time to travel so far with kids.

sereneli

Hi Zhuzhu,

Heehee not that you can't trust men but sometimes, we must make sure they do a proper job!
happy.gif

Hi Lindy,

It's PS for my BS. Mine is not done yet :p so I don't have any pic to pass to Carlton for the poster!
happy.gif

isishui

hi.. been to this thread before but long time din come already... :p i'm wondering where to put the screen too..

hi kk, can i take a look at the pic too? thanks alot!