Bridesmaid (band of sisters) attire

etlt

Headache over the dress code for my 5 jiemei sisters. They are in their 30-40s and 3 out of 5 will NEVER dresses. No girly... Pastel colours also. Headache. Anyone has the same problem and care to share ?
They are L to xL sizes.

mehhh1501

Headache over the dress code for my 5 jiemei sisters. They are in their 30-40s and 3 out of 5 will NEVER dresses. No girly... Pastel colours also. Headache. Anyone has the same problem and care to share ?
They are L to xL sizes.

I feel u.. my jms are taking a long time to decide. What too short la, too exposed la. Too girly colour la. Im nt gonna care. Heading to bkk to buy with another jiemei. And they have to accept liao.

klaz

I feel u.. my jms are taking a long time to decide. What too short la, too exposed la. Too girly colour la. Im nt gonna care. Heading to bkk to buy with another jiemei. And they have to accept liao.

I encounter the same back when I was preparing for my wedding.. It's when things like this that u see who's ur true frens.. It's ur wedding so u decide what u want instead..it's better this way n u can get things done

I made a mistake to let them choose whatever they want because I tot it wld be better to buy some dresses they can re wear.. But the sisters took so long like 2 months end up no conclusion.. I decided to cut to only 2 sisters since it was a small event for the morning.. The rest just came for dinner..

I went to shop for dresses with the two n let them choose at the shop cos I'm not paying for the dresses but I paid for their make up.. So as they wish I didn't force them but I see the dresses they choose Oso end up won't be wearing second time kind lol.. Even though I kept repeating pls buy something u will wear again since I'm not particular abt it just don't want to bother abt little things like this when it's my own big day

etlt

Haiz. If anyone were to ask me what's the biggest headache for wedding prep. I would say its attire for the sisters. Been thinking about this for more than 6 months and I still can't find a solution.

klaz

Haiz. If anyone were to ask me what's the biggest headache for wedding prep. I would say its attire for the sisters. Been thinking about this for more than 6 months and I still can't find a solution.

If they not keen on dresses maybe like fun kind jerseys/ printed tees instead? Rem that shd be the last thing u wld want to worry abt.. They are there to help n not to add on ur worries :) cheers!

BerryDreamy

I think funky tshirts with denim will looks great too! U can have funky tags like "Bride Crew" or "#Jiemeis" etc to be printed on it and vice-versa for the brothers too.

Using SingaporeBrides app

purlip33

i have the same problem, probably sm are sensitive over their figure aft already pass twenties. I want to have a purple white theme weddg but they find the purple too sweet, will look gross whn they wear so i chg...

etlt

So what did you change? My last resort is to give in and ask everyone to where white. Pants or shorts or dress whatever.

I had the same problem too! Jiemes keep complaining about the choices i watsapp to them... too short, too tight etc. In the end, i gave up and told everyone to wear white dresses. I will buy floral crowns and bouquets for everyone and hopefully they will look coordinated *cross fingers*

etlt

Sian. One of them says no white, wanna wear beige. What can I say!!! I will get them corsages. Hope this helps.
On the other hand, the band of brothers most will to wear anything. Shame on my part.

xueyu

hi! i'm trying to find dresses for my jiemeis who ranges from sizes XS - XXL. this is then lagi headache. i can find dresses that XS can wear (come to worse she can wear S) but the dress do not reach XXL.

*headache*

Any recommendation? my theme is green!! :p

xueyu

thankyou @BerryDreamy for the intro!!

are u guys buying dresses for your jiemeis? cause i'm thinking of paying for their dresses and i'm on tight budget, which means i can only afford 30-40/pax.

BerryDreamy

I bought for my jiemeis....all from taobao!!! Cost less den $20 for a dress, corsages and a necklace!

BerryDreamy

BerryDreamy, how's the fitting like? Are they true to the picture you seen on the website?

So far so good, quite accurate. But i guess u also need to read the reviews for the seller. Some buyers will review the seller and even post the product photo, which is most accurate to actual!

caren_c

I bought for my jiemeis....all from taobao!!! Cost less den $20 for a dress, corsages and a necklace!

Hi @BerryDreamy !

Can you share/pm me the photos of the dresses? I'm troubled over the dresses part for my jiemeis too! o_O
& im worried the quality at taobao will be bad cos it really depends on the seller!

xueyu

i bought all my jiemeis dresses from my little bow. the owner is so friendly and allowed one of my jiemei (XXL) to try on the dress first. by the way, my jiemeis sizes ranges from XS to XXL. each dress is about $32...and i bought 5!

caren_c

@xueyu wow that sounds fairly reasonable! :) my jiemeis sizes will range from XS to XXL as well. Your reply is so helpful! Do you have images of the dresses? :)

caren_c

@xueyu ahhh isee. Thank you! :) I shall go take a look. Just sent an enquiry to the owner if they have a physical store heh.
I think it's a little too early for me now to search for it... my AD will only be in mid 2016. Hehe

Glad to know that I'm not the only one feeling miserable over bridesmaids dresses.

yea, you don't have to worry.. we are all in the same boat :) i think most importantly if you align on a theme with your HTB, then do some research on dress code for your bridesmaid to choose which they will be more comfortable with. from there, then you make a decision :)

MiddleMe

I was pretty lucky, I didn't have to buy my bridesmaids' dresses. I have 3 of them and told them I want Tiffany color for their dresses. One of them who is a regular bridesmaid (lol), she source for 3 bridesmaid dresses of the same color, just different style (I'm not particular lah), all free size and happened that her friend's wedding have similar color theme as mine so she borrowed the dresses from the other bridesmaids (who only wore once anyways).

My suggestion is to see if you can borrow bridesmaid dresses especially those maxi dresses or free size dresses in the same color range then you'll save the money and your bridesmaids don't have to stress where to buy a dress that they will have to wear again so as not to waste it.

kshir

my bridesmaids know I'm easily stressed..so they coordinated between themselves on what to wear. I'm ok with anything, as long as they match my theme of pink and mint and they are comfortable wearing it the whole day.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
For some suggestions on where to get bridesmaid dresses, please take a look at our article:

7 Pocket-Friendly Bridesmaids Dress Shopping Spots in Singapore

Pocket-Friendly-Bridesmaids-Dress-Spots-Singapore.jpg