Bookclub - what are you reading?

dottyback

bear bear

i'm still sane i guess..trying 2 move on as fast as i can but it seems tougher than b4...the other party is giving me a hard time so...hope dat i can get out of tis mess soon

apparently..the nurses at Mt A. told us laz sunday was a day full of births..my niece was the 11th baby dat morning at 0955..lack of manpower so badly dat my sis pressed 4 assistance many times n not attended 2 promptly..but my niece been a gd gal..din giv her mummy 2 much pain..my sis chk in abt 8am..gynae induced her at 9am n baby came in less than an hour
happy.gif

man_tou_bear

Serene,

Sorry to hear that he is giving u a hard time. Easy for me to tell u that things will be better.. but the truth is that its gonna be a long hard journey... I wish there was some way we could help u ease through everything, but there isn't... Serene, be strong ya?

Ya my fren also told me the same thing. She was induced on Sat midnite and there were 3-4 other mums waiting in the other delivery suites too.. said the midwives were rushing in and out of the suites.. in the end her baby came at abt 7.30am..

Ur sis is not a first time mum? Her labour like so fast leh.. i heard first child normally have longer labour... ur sis quite fast!

alhana

Hi Bear

Yeah, my colleague froze her wedding cake for a yr..it was a fruit cake w liquor. Think it tasted better a yr later after being aged that long :p Not sure abt chocolate tho...freezing changes an object's composition .. wonder if the taste will be affected.

Yup, this Bond movie is based on Bond's first assignment as 007. This movie is so much more violent compared to the Pierce Brosnan ones. Prob that's why I like it..haha.

Serene

Wow, ure sis so good..such a short labor! Guess she didn't need epidural then, since the baby arrived so quickly! How big's the baby?

dottyback

bear bear this is my sis's 2nd child
happy.gif
her 1st 'tortured' her 4 6hrs

hey alhana how r u? her baby is 2.890kg and she's got longer toes n fingers like her mum..the similarity juz cracks us up...she din wan epidural in the 1st plc so the short period din pain her 2 much...

her gynae induced her n left the hospital tinking he will be back probably in another few hours like most cases so he wasnt in time 2 deliver the baby..my sis said the surgical tools werent even laid n set out..they din even haf time 2 set up the leg support so her husband n 1 nurse carry each of her legs..my sis said she was yelling 2 the nurses..baby is out coz she could felt her..must b quite a sight

alhana

Hi Serene

6 hrs very good already..mine was more than 12 hrs! For a first child, 6 hrs is already considered quite short :p Actually the midwife can help deliver the baby...but the stitching etc will be done by the ob/gyn. So did he manage to go back in time to do the stitching? 2.89kg is a nice size. Not too small, not too big. How tall is your niece? What's her name?

man_tou_bear

Hello!

Talking abt labour pains? ya 6hrs is very short for a first labour! my fren had 23 hrs labour! i dunno if she is exaggerating or not.. but no epidural for her too! Issit true that eh ob/gynae won't even use LA when they stitch the wound up? cos my fren said hers didn't and she could feel the thread!

Alhana, i have finally started on the Feast of the Crows! i can't rem half the characters man.. all the Ser this Ser that! I really hate Cersei man.. she is such a witch! Wat happened to Bran ah? i dun rem why Sam Tarly couldn't tell Jon Snow that he knew Bran still lived leh...

alhana

Good morning ladies! Hope you all had a good weekend
happy.gif

Bear bear,

My hubby's fren just gave birth to her first child. 24 hr labor! She had epidural though. Wow..I cannot imagine going thru 23 hrs w/o epidural. Painful and tiring. For me, I felt the stitching as the epidural wore off. At first I cld see my gynae stitching but didn't feel anything. But as the effects wore off..it was like 'ok...ow ow ow!!' But it didn't feel that bad then. Definitely bearable. The pain was actually worse as the days went by..esp if you have to sit for a long time, thus putting more pressure on the wound. It's just like this really bad dull aching pain...not so much a sharp pain.

Bran went beyond the Wall remember? He went with 2 other kids and this guy called Coldhands. He's not in this book since it's only featuring characters in the South. Think Bran told Sam not to tell Jon, if not Jon wld stop Bran from going beyond the Wall. Cersei will get her comeuppance one lah..all baddies do..unless GRRM thinks she can still be redeemed. I started off hating Jaime, but he's now one of my favourite characters.

I finished my Robin Hobb book! Almost 600 pages ... tot I'll finish it only at the end of the yr..but it was good enough to keep me glued to the pages till I finished it. Sigh..book 2 is only available in hardcover. Will have to wait many more mths for the paperback's release. Robin Hobb's characters tend to go thru alot of shit tho..can be depressing reading, but u can't stop coz u just want to know what happens to her characters. Her characterizations are good, but pacing is quite slow. But I guess that's the mark of a good writer..if her characterizations were poor, we wld hv given up reading the book to the end. Hubby's not a big fan of her works, and yet he finished the book in a few days.

man_tou_bear

Alhana,

I seriously dun rem leh... who is Coldhands? why are they gg beyond the walls? to fight The Others? i m suffering from amnesia! Ya Jaime seems to have more of a backbone aft losing his hand. i hope he is not slping with Cersei still.. kinda gross dun u think? eeee....

i m taking my time reading the book.. sometimes its so complicated that i fall aslp reading.. the pacing is a bit slow for me.. i wanna know wat happened ASAP!!

alhana

Bear

I dun blame you. I read Storm of Swords twice and I also can't remember alot of things :p I read it just before I read A Feast For Crows..you may want to consider doing that :p

Bran met Coldhands at the Wall. We actually dun know who he is yet, and what his purpose is. Some pple speculated that he's BenJen Stark, Eddard's younger brother (the one who went missing since the first book ) I also can't remember y Bran went beyond the Wall, but it shld probably be something to do with the Others.

Jaime still loves Cersei, but I think she is disgusted w him now coz he no longer gives in to what she wants. Good for Jaime! Yah, they are gross. But in olden times, quite common to hear of incest in royal circles...coz they want to keep the bloodline pure. Yucks. No wonder they bred so many idiots too..keke.

I agree that this book's pacing is much slower than the previous ones. There's far less action, esp since Robb has died and Stannis has gone to the North. Now there's 'peace' in the Kingdom..for awhile anyway.

man_tou_bear

Alhana, i haven't decide if i shd collect this series... normally i would rent the books then wait a couple of yrs before i get the itch to collect them.

I seriously can't rem Coldhands! I just rem Bran keeps having this dream abt a 3 eyed crow... How come Lady Catelyn isn't mentioned yet? i tot she was in the South? by South i gather u mean south of the Wall right? then where's Tyrion? he def did fed past the Wall mah... Dany also...

alhana

Why not borrow A Storm of Swords from the library first then? ASoS is actually my favourite out of the 4, so it was easy to re-read it again.

You'll see Catelyn again later..she appears in Brienne's chapters. No idea where Tyrion went...they didn't say in the previous book..just that he escaped w Jaime's help. Dany is also not in this book. South refers to the Southern portion of Westeros, not south of the Wall..else Winterfell wld also be featured. So u'll only see the Greyjoys (their chapters r boring tho), the Eyrie (Sansa), Dorne, Sam, Arya, King's Landing (Cersei & Jaime), Brienne...hmm...can't recall who else.

man_tou_bear

Gd idea... i will go look for it in the lib..

If South is the south of Westeros, and not the Wall, then i find it strange they talk abt ppl on the Wall, u know, Jon Snow and the rest.. i tot Winterfell was south of the Wall! am i rem things wrongly? Kinda miss that ugly Tyrion! Jaime must be kicking himself for letting him go...

Why does the Sand Snakes want Mycellera to be the heir to the throne ah? cos she is their hostage?

alhana

Yah, Winterfell is south of the Wall. North of the wall is just wilderness. They can't not talk abt pple on the Wall, since everyone has a connection with everyone. But u wun find chapters w characters from those parts of the country..at least not in this book. They will be in the next book. Actually the reason y this happened was coz GRRM was taking far too long to finish his 4th book. In the end, to please fans and his publisher, he decided to split what he wrote into 2 books..and split the POVs (point of views) as well. So essentially, u're reading Part I of what was formerly supposed to be book 4 of the series. Becoz of this, his series will now have 1 more book than originally planned. Confused yet? Keke.

Yah, the Sand Snakes want the Martells to hv control of who rules the country, and since Mycelle is now under their care, they can use her to hv a claim to the throne.

man_tou_bear

Ya u mention that this book was split into 2... so complicated leh... he is trying to write an epic? u know Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series? i heard the first few bks were great then subsequent ones were crappy!! sometimes when a series drags on too long, it loses it plots and its fans...

I am only one quarter into the book... every nite i read a few chaps.. u know this is the only book i can speed read over cos i will lose track of the characters! he shd have a character list man!

alhana

Yah man...I applaud him for being able to keep track of so many characters! Boggles the mind!

I've not read Robert Jordan's stuff, but what u said is exactly what my hubby said abt WoT. He also said the first few books were good, but the rest became terrible. Apparently WoT was not supposed to drag on this long...hubby thinks RJ (or his publishers, or both) are trying to milk as much $ as they can, hence the never ending books. My hubby's hoping GRRM wun do the same w this series :p GRRM had earlier envisioned this series to last only 3 books, but the story just continued to develop more and more as he wrote. I just hope there's an end in sight..really dun want it to go the way of WoT!

man_tou_bear

Hehee... its not uncommon to have authors having a character list at the beginning of the book right? i have read a couple of 'epics' that had that.. just that GRRM introduces so many characters, some that only appear once, that i become so confused.. there is a chapt on the Soil Knight who slp with the Sand Snake etc etc...

I also nv read Robert Jordan's WoT series.. cos of the neg review! i have the exact same feeling as u, that the publisher is trying to milk as much $$$ from that series as possible.. another one is the D&D series.. a lot of spin off right? Forgotten Realms also...

This morn very free ah? Baby Cate slping? have u bought books from Amazon before? heehee.. if u did i need some advice.. u can either PM me or add me at MSN [email protected]

alhana

Hi Bear

Yah, there are books w character lists. Guess the best he can do is the list of Houses that appears at the end of each book...it will state all the major characters from the major houses. Other than that, we just hv to rely on memory!

The D&D books were quite crappy, save for the original 2 trilogies. Did u read the latest one which featured the children of the original fellowship? Very painful to read. Hv not read Forgotten Realms stuff.

Just came back from IMM..brought baby Cat along
happy.gif
She was a good girl..only cried a little bit when she was hungry. Other than that, she was either dozing off in her stroller or looking at things all wide-eyed.

No leh..I've only bought DVDs from Amazon. Would that help? :p

alhana

Hi girls

I have alot of books (both in hardback and paperback) that I wanna get rid of. Anyone know of any stores or websites where I can put em up for sale? We've asked San before and they dun really take in used books (those that did not originate from their store)...even if they do, they offer very little for them. Books are still in pretty good condition since they've only been read once. So wasted!

avid_reader

Hello ladies! Happy New Year to all!

How are your holidays? I was in KL for the last two weeks.... went to EVERY SINGLE mega malls there. Quite a boring 'holiday' cos my hubby was there for work so in the day I just keep myself occupied reading and watching DVDs. Alhana, I have watched the 1st & 2nd seasons of Entourage.. LOVE THE SHOW!!! Ari's my fav character though I hated him initially! Oh, and also the 1st season of Grey's Anatomy (love it too) & 1st season of Monk (also good show).

levynn

happy new yr!
happy.gif

once in a while this thread got revived, goes to "sleep", then wakes up again... hehe..

alhana... wat kind of books r u getting rid of? can we like sort of buy fr u?

avid_reader

Hi Levynn!

Did you go to the booksale at expo over the weekends? I didn't go... or rather.. I was not allowed to go :p The last time round I bought too many books......

man_tou_bear

Happy New Year gals!!

Alhana and I have been chatting on MSN... she just went back to work yesterday aft her maternity leave.. this morning she said she had 3000 emails to clear!! heehee...

Avid, i didn't go to the book sale... Granny passed away on Christmas eve hence was rather busy with all the rites.. anyway i dun like to buy books.. i like to rent them so i dun have to find space to keep them! wahahaha... u always get to travel so much! this yr i wanna go to either Phuket or Bali...

Levynn, ya this thread can become red hot one day and die the next... nvm lah.. as long as we come in and make it red hot can liao.. heehee...

Anyway i have started sch... kinda lonely there cos the post grads are rather dao.. and they have been there for quite awhile hence formed their own cliques..

alhana

Hi ladies

Glad to see this thread alive again. Bear and I were wondering where everyone went, altho we both speculated that avid must be on holiday again :p

Avid

We love Entourage too! It was showing on HBO earlier...and I was surprised all the f**k words made it intact :p Guess if they bleeped them out there wld be hardly anything to hear. Ari is our favourite too..and I like Johnny Drama. I'm also addicted to Grey's..but not so much Monk. Monk gets quite tiresome after awhile :p I'm happy to see that Star World is showing Heroes soon! It's a brand new TV series that's been garnering good reviews n ratings in the US. It's abt regular people who discover that they hv superhero powers. Sounds corny but the premise is actually interesting as these pple dun really appreciate their newfound powers...for fear of being branded as freaks.

levynn

Most of our books are fantasy books..so if u know of anyone who's into the fantasy genre, I can let u know the titles
happy.gif

Ok..off to watch The Office!

avid_reader

So glad that it's already Friday! After 2 weeks' break.. working is sure tiring.. Alhana, how's getting back to work after your maternity? I'm sure you miss your princess when at work? Managed to clear all your emails?
happy.gif

Levynn, what's the last good book you have read? I just finished reading "Catch Me If You Can" and it's really good although I've already seen the movie first. Waiting for my hubby to finish Ann Rice's Christ The Lord - Out of Egypt. Anyone already looking forward to the release of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows?

Bear, I was disappointed actually.. turned out that my hubby needs to work and we are stucked in KL for 2 weeks. I don't consider that trip a holiday leh.. :p We are planning a trip to Bali during CNY (18-25 feb) but the flights are still on waitlist! Looks like gotta think of other places.

Alhana, when is Heroes showing? You always recommend quite good shows. I will look out for it!

alhana

Avid

ME! Definitely am looking fwd to the release of the last HP book. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a huge disappointment. Think reading it will be a bittersweet experience..I want to know how it all ends, and yet, I will dread the fact that the series is over.

Haiz...of coz miss my baby lah. By the time I come home it's almost her bed time. Can only spend more time w her during the weekends, so I'm very glad it's Friday. So far taking it easy at work coz alot of pple still on leave this week :p Yeah, cleared all my emails..hehe.

Heroes is showing at the end of this mth I think. There's still no trailer on Star World, but my fren told me it debuts on 31 Jan. Dunno if it's true.

levynn

avid... i haven't been reading much lately. the last book i've read is Roald Dahl's unexpected tales, or sth like that, fr the library. not too bad. i like short stories that leave u hanging at the end, n your imagination runs wild on its own.. haha...

lipingbooks

Hi Avid and Levynn

I think Times have booksale every 4months and MPH have twice a year.. all at the expo

I will post a message here when another is coming soon ;p

lipingbooks

Recently read a book borrowed from library by Sarra Manning "Let's Get Lost" a very touching book.. i cried non stop at the last few pages or more like last few chapters.. but its for young teenager in the young fiction section

beldry

hey ladies..

can i join in this thread? i loove reading.. liping..i'd just visited ur website.. love it!

i've just finished reading tom perrota's little children.. very interesting book...

reading citizen girl by emma mclaughlin and nicola kraus now..

man_tou_bear

Hello and welcome Ambush and Liping...

Liping, thanks for the heads up on the book sales. funny enough, i dun like to buy books, just rent or borrow them.. save me the headache looking for a place to keep them.

Avid, u gg traveling again ah? i m green with envy! right now too broke to do anything plus sch started so i can't disappear either..

Levynn, i just finished the Cold Moon by Jeffrey Deaver. I like it! Lincoln Rhyme has finally found his nemesis that got AWAY! anyway now i m reading James Patterson's Mary Mary. There is a new Alex Cross novel aft this too!

lipingbooks

Good Morning Everyone ;p
Nice cool morning to stay in bed but I am at my office checking email.. Ambush thank you very much for visiting!

avid_reader

Good morning everyone and a big welcome to Ambush and Liping
happy.gif

Levynn, I'm waiting to read a very GOOD book. The last 'very good' book I read was some time back - The Kite Runner. Heard it's going to be made into a movie.

Bear, hoping to go away during CNY. Bali flights are fully booked so really no chance now. We are thinking of going to either Cebu or Goa instead. Or if not just drive up to M'sia for the week. Oh how are your classes so far? And how's playing house? :p

levynn

bear... i read The Cold Moon but somehow, i personally felt that it was not as exciting as his previous works. too many twists n turns. but you're rite... it was THE ONE that got away... heh.

my fren juz came back fr London wif a big stack of trashy romances. been some time since i read one of those books... n since they r free, wif unlimited borrowing time... heh... will switch back to my romance mood these few weeks...

man_tou_bear

Hello! i m waiting for the canteen to clear a bit before i go for lunch.. all by myself.. so sad...

Avid, where's Goa? sounds exotic! it is a beach resort thingy? i dun have classes this sem. will be teaching some of the undergrad mod and doing my research... shd be ok liao... playing house leh... i dun like the housework lah.. but i managed to make steak with marsh potatoes from scratch! not bad! heehee.. i am still trying to make lasagna cos Alhana put it into my head.. so far haven't tried it.

Levynn, ya the one that got away... heehee... Cold Moon had too many twists granted.. i felt at one pt Deaver had prob with so many characters that he found the most ridiculous way of explaining the whole thing. wat trashy romance novels? by romance i mean those Fabio-like covers (half naked seems to be a must) and a damsel that has her boobs spilling out.. chick flicks are not romance novels right?

lipingbooks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_novel

To be considered of the romance genre, a novel should adhere to the following criteria:

1)the story must focus on the relationship and romantic love between two people.
2)the story must have an emotionally satisfying and optimistic ending

i got this from wikipedia, i never questioned whether chick lit is the romance novel, i assume it is

wikipedia also said
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_lit

"Chick lit" is a term used to denote genre fiction written for and marketed to young women, especially single, working women in their twenties and thirties. The genre's creation was spurred on, if not exactly created, in the mid-1990s with the appearance of Helen Fielding's Bridget Jones's Diary and similar works

i just finish lunch ;p raining day.. wish can go home nap a bit.. haha

btw i have some books for rent that consist of chick lit and romance ;p
http://lipingbooks.blogspot.com

beldry

thanks ladies..=)

hey avid..ive seen the kite runner at the bookshop.. was thinking of buying oso..

liping.. i noticed u have many books by mike gayle.. u like his books too? very humourous writer.. ive read many of his books too.. my lengendary girlfriend..turning 30 and mr commitment are real funny.. ive just finished about a boy by mike gayle too.. that one was just so-so..

lipingbooks

Good morning everyone,

Ambush, I have not read "about a boy". Mike Gayle is the few male romance author i like. Male authors i like are mostly in sci fi especially Orson Scott Card ;p

avid_reader

Bear, Goa is in India. But looks like the CNY trip may not happen... going with another couple and we couldn't decide on the destination yet despite discussing abt it for weeks! Really hope to go away somewhere/anywhere! So is it difficult juggling work and studies? Still have time to cook ah?

Ambush, you should go get the book The Kite Runner. One of the best book I've read last year.
happy.gif
I've read most of Mike Gayle's books I think.. the earlier books are much better. His later books like Dinner for Two and His & Hers are not as good. 'About a Boy' is by Nick Hornby right.. it was made into a movie starring hugh grant?

Liping, visited your website. Incidentally I am reading Chris Manby's Seven Sunny Days - I think that can be classified as Chick Lit.
happy.gif

alhana

Avid

Wow..Goa is like the hippy destination in India :p Nice. Bear's studying full time, and yup, she still cooks. I made her crave for lasagne during one of our MSN chats..hehe. Think she's gonna make that soon.

Did you read Life! recently? They featured all the new TV shows hitting our screens this yr. I'm looking fwd to Heroes (Star World), Ugly Betty (Channel 5) and Dexter (Foxcrime). All hv gotten rave reviews in the US. It's couch potato time! No time to read these days. Once I come home, I play with Catelyn for abit before her bedtime. Then it's TV all the way till zzzzz.

avid_reader

Alhana, Bear is studying full time?? WOW I'm so envious! No wonder she has the time to cook! Oh yes I came across that Life article also. Will keep a lookout for the new shows..
happy.gif

Bear, is your balcony the rectangular one or the squarish one that has a door that links to the kitchen? Mine's the rectangular one and it has no window grilles (very open concept). Do you know it's possible to have a bbq at the balcony? We had it a couple of times with friends over... bought meat & sausages from Swiss Butchery, rocket leaves & greens for salad, portebella mushrooms & parmesan cheese etc, then make a full jug of lychee martini (my fav). That's another idea to utilise the space you have! My friends love it whenever we have such bbq (over a game of mahjong).
happy.gif
That's another idea for you huh?

lipingbooks

Alhana, thanks for visiting ;p

Avid, the room will not stink of smoke after bbq? even out on the balcony, wouldnt the wind blow smoke in?

man_tou_bear

Hello! i didn't check this thread cos the '12 hr' page got error so this thread didn't register.

Avid, oh so there's where Goa is... i really wanna go somewhere different this yr but we are kinda cash strapped for the moment. Hb is expanding his biz... plus i can't disappear from my research... oh i m studying full time and working full time too.. sounds confusing? my co paid the uni a large sum of money to do some research hence i m technically on secondment to the uni. Shun bian do my masters also.. so there.. i have to do 2 things at the same time. nothing to be envied abt!! i try to cook cos, like i was telling Alhana, i hate to eat out. heehee... i try to cook at least twice on wkdays and on wkends too. prepare simple dishes lor.. steam cod fish with minced chilli padi, garlic and bean paste, simple soups, fry a couple of eggs and that's enough.. wkend i will do something more challenging lor..

Oh i can't bbq in my house. my balcony is attached to the living room and not the kitchen. and i have sealed the roof of the balcony with tiles. converted the balcony to a wooden platform to chill out. heehee... but it sounds like a gd idea though... i love bbqs! heehee.. once awhile i will have cravings for slightly charred food.

U reading Seven Sunny Days? i think i just read a couple of her new books last mth.. can't rem the names though... heehee...

Alhana i watched bits of The Office last nite.. not my cup of tea! but guess wat? Super Nanny is back! think it starts tmr or next thurs. learn something from her! will come in handy when Cate reaches the terrible twos! heehee....

beldry

hey livid..

haha..okie.. i'll go get the book.. me sotong.. about a boy is by nick hornby..not mike gayle.. blur..alamak..

hey bearrr.. wow.. u are amazing.. how do you find time to do so many things? i can't cook to sve my life.. but im trying to find interest in cooking right now..

hey Super Nanny s great! im kinda allergic to children now.. see too many of these children in school.. guess i wont b having my own kids too soon.. it really takes a lot to be a mummy..

arghs... having sore eyes now..

avid_reader

Good morning all!

Liping, I'm staying in a maisonette so the balcony's ceiling's quite high. Plus we do close the balcony glass door (& very imptly the master bedroom windows).. we are not very particularly abt the smoke so it's ok.
happy.gif

Bear, ok so I should ask you this.. you are working & studying full time.. how do you find the time to cook? I stay quite near my parents so my mum always cook like A LOT & we just go back with tingkat to bring food home. Other than that we mostly eat out.. unless my hubby cooks.

I bought Seven Sunny Days from the booksale last year. Only just started reading not long.. been watching too much TV every nite.

Alhana, we're watching Grey's Anatomy season 2 now.. I get the feeling that Meredith is looking more and more haggard. I wonder if it's deliberate? She sure looks better in season 1!

man_tou_bear

Ambush, who's Livid? wahahahah i think u meant Avid? for a moment i wondered who was so angry to be called livid.. heehee.. just teasing u ya?

How i do some many things ah? actually quite simple. I will tell my mum to buy the food for me on her marketing trips. she packs them nicely into amount just enough for 2. i normally start the preps the nite before, defrosting the fish, the meat and prawns. aft doing all the necessary preps i leave it in the fridge. next day when i get home, i will take it out to warm up a bit before steaming or cooking them lor. as i said i try simple dishes, hence everything is easy to make. steam fish, steam eggs, fried eggs, canned soup, boiled soups. even steaks aren't tough to make. i just pan fry them, buy a bottle of black pepper sauce from NTUC and dilute a small amount as gravy. mash 2 potatoes and cook some mix veggies.. that's dinner for me. heehee... oops i m going on and on! forgive me! but i m interested in cooking.. think kena influenced by my mum...

Avid, i go back to my mum's for dinner twice a wk. sometimes she will make extra curry or asam pedas for me to bring home. so next day's dinner settled liao... heehee... working and studying is kinda tough cos my co is making use of me to do all the dirty jobs.. bleah... so i m stucked in btw lor.. sometimes i dun understand why my bosses are not receptive to new ideas.. they very kiasee... then the researchers are pretty impatient with all the red tape. to my co, i m now viewed as being in cahoots with the uni. to the uni ppl, i m viewed as being lor sor and being one of those ppl that needs to cover my own ass before i allow their plans to proceed. its a crappy day..

Ambush, Supper Nanny is tonite? are u a teacher? pri sch? Avid, Super Nanny is this professional nanny called Jo Frost. She goes to families with out of control kids, really really out of control, and teaches both the kids and the parents how to manage such behaviour.. very gd for parents and parents-wanna-be. u shd watch it! its on Central at 10pm i think. my hb is a big fan! oh yes, how's the baby making? any gd news?

levynn

avid... must watch super nanny if planning for kids. haha.. all the tips n ideas to control them. kids nowadays r horrible ah... do u all rem having all sorts of tantrums when u r young?? i think we r the "good" batch ah... keke...

bear... i juz finished 1 romance book by Anne Gayle or sth... can't rem the last name. sorry, no half-naked man wif busty babe on the cover. haha. it's juz typical romance... guy is a rake, like this plain-looking girl when all her sisters r much more beautiful. girl dun like him at 1st coz engaged to someone... that kind of typical storyline. but it's really good to read such stuff once in while... relaxing n let us fantasize of romantic fairytale endings...
happy.gif