Balloting Exercise July - Jurong West

rdnest

Actually xesthir, me really miss ur mum's bee hoon leh :p if it is not too troublesome....hohoho...

me go tabao sakae sushi take-away,k?
Golden pillow sound great too! How? buy all?

rong

Yum yum...I'm hungry! Everything get a little should be able to finish. I've called up the popiah...they're open on the 31st. So after work I'll go down to collect. Can make 50 rolls! So fun!

ryanon123

anyone making tang yuan tomorrow, maybe we can have a mini tang yuan gathering after work tomorrow. i misses tang yuan and no one cooking for me this year .. and last year.. ha ha

someone told me the flour, sugar and pandan leaves is all needed. really that simple? ha ha

csy

Going bac mum place fir tang yuam ...haha...btw anybody have part time cleaner contact can share ..i looking for alternate sat morning ...clean toilets, windows,wall,cupboard

alamak333

i don't mind a mini tang yuan gathering today ;p actually should not be difficult to make.. part of the joy of tang yuan eating is to gather together to roll the tang yuan
happy.gif

rong

I remember helping out to make tang yuan with my grandma many years ago. It was really fun. Nowadays we just buy because it's more convenient.

50 rolls a lot ar? I think that's the smallest party set. Everyone take 4-5 rolls can finish. Otherwise can pack home...Diana, your cutie pies will enjoy making the popiah...:p

rdnest

50 mini popiah or regular size de?
sound alot leh :p if my monsters able to get their hands in, sure to make a mess :p

Sorry Ryan, can't join ur all for tang yuan gathering liao. me totally run out of time
sad.gif

hv nt get my shopping done yet can't take leave cos most collik away
sad.gif
left only evening to shop at such limited time!! Faintz!!

Mayb next time if I remember, can share with u all my very own tang yuan joke :p My hubby always gives me tt teasing look at this time of the year :D

rumi78

Welcome Party for Edelweiss @ Jurong???
I received this via email?

Ever since when our estate is called Edelweiss @ Jurong? Nice Edelweiss name though, are they going to put the estate name at the entrance?
--
ADV> Edelweiss@Jurong Welcome Party
Dear residents,

Congratulations on your purchase of a new home at Edelweiss@Jurong. We hope you have settled into your new home and got to know some of your neighbours.

To welcome you and your family into the neighbourhood, we warmly invite you to a fun-filled Welcome Party on 9 Jan 2010 (Sat) from 4.30 pm - 7.30 pm. A range of exciting activities such as stage performances and interactive games are in store for you.

Make use of this opportunity to mingle with your neighbours and enjoy a sumptuous buffet dinner with your family.

Do join us at the Welcome Party with your family. To register, please click on the link below:
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10304p.nsf/FI10FIntroPage?OpenForm&ProgName=ED

*E-registration ends on 4 Jan 2010.

Organised by :
Edelweiss@Jurong Welcome Party Committee

alexter

HI All,
well the HDB will put the estate name at the entrance. The Edelweiss @ Jurong name will be launch at the party.
do sent in your parent child look alike and deco home photo contest.

just a note... luck draw top prize---- Wii set.

rong

Diana, 50 should be the normal popiah size. I'll double check with them when I go collect, see whether I can reduce the portion or not.

I'm not in Singapore on 9 Jan..too bad can't join in the fun. Good luck to everyone!

rumi78

Diana, you only need to submit the photos online and you will know the result by 2nd Jan. Maybe only collect prizes on 9 Jan!

Hey I saw a banner outside the estate that there will a Dou Dou class at the RC?? Dou Dou means childcare? Will it be too noisy afraid of all babies crying at the same time and the noise travel to my unit!

Thanks alamak for the cookies! Remember to send me the muffin recipies! And a Merry Merry Xmas to all!

rdnest

Hi 333, sorry so caught up with parties... hv nt tasted ur cookies yet
sad.gif
still got leftover or not
happy.gif

Oh BTW, my roasted chicken (new recipe) was very well-received. Ended up making for 3 occasions. Think i shall make that for our coming gathering
happy.gif
ok right?

xesthir, I shall go online look see look see :p

rumi78

hey i saw the kueh tee cups selling at cold storage ngee ann city.. i think 30 cups at $9.80 and 50 cups at $14!

will the cups lose it crispness, need to put in the chiller once the box is opened before?

alamak333

hi diana, no worries ;) next time...

eh, for the coming gathering, we have:
1) popiah X 50
2) Agnes' mum's bee hoon (?)
3) Diana's roast chicken

We will provide drinks (alcohol!) and some dessert.. I think should be more than enough? Should I still order the 933 curry?

31/12/09 Thurs 6pm
Popiah NYE Party
venue: 333's hse
=================================
1) 333
2) Diana
3) Meirong
4) Valerie
5) Agnes
6) Ryan?

rdnest

sound alot liao leh :p
think can last for the whole nite liao.
Me can get a bigger chicken or 2 bah...
can cfm how many coming?

beachgirlz

wow diana.. ur food looks lovely! got chance go learn from you hehe
happy.gif

i think if all partners are coming then total is 10pax plus 2 kids at the moment. ryan not confirmed yet right?

alamak333

diana, nice log cake
happy.gif
i think one medium chicken enough liao lah...
happy.gif
he he, we should have enough food... keep reading about the food wastage singaporeans generate... feeling guilty since I contributed quite a bit to the wastage over the couple of days...

val, great the coleslaw was well-received, did you make a new batch or was the coleslaw able to last for a couple of days?

rumi78

I have been wondering how diana gets so much energy and how well she can juggle her time learning all these, making them, looking after the 2 kids & 2 dogs.. and the house keeping and a full time job!

Pls advise me! I am always feeling tired!

rumi78

1) popiah X 50
2) Agnes' mum's bee hoon (?)
3) Diana's roast chicken

do we have some desserts after the mains? maybe like cake, chocolate fondue, ice cream. almond longan jelly... or starters like soup. hahaha. is it too much?

alamak333

he he, xesthir, i totally agree... diana is one energizer bunny! i also want to know how you do it!

eh, i was thinking of making a small dessert and we have canned longans, rambutans, and lychee at home
happy.gif

rdnest

aiyo, u all made me sound like superwoman liddat :p No lah, me do feel tired like anyone else. Just felt need to do more esp during these festive season
happy.gif

When my mind is set on something, I got it to get it done. else my mind will be haunting by the unfinished tot. bery irritating :p
hahaha... cannot deny tt my hubby is very supportive.

talking abt desserts, 333, wif the ingredient we can do soya jelly leh... some of u hv tried, ok or not? or we can do some campbell soup
happy.gif

beachgirlz

333.. i didn make a new batch, i split for both days. the coleslaw tasted more sourish on 26th but i suppose its still fine cos non of us got tummy upset till now lol!

ya lor i'm also always feeling tired leh. like now. hahaha. so sleepy at work and no mood to work too. cant wait for 31st hehe and hope i have half day or at least go off at 3pm. wad time we all meeting ar?

rumi78

6pm right?

oh i knock off at 1230 on 31st yippie!

are we going to do count down on 31st? Also are we playing any games? want to try settlers? hahaha i got to go read up again though haha,,

rdnest

Me though no work on 31st but got to bring Ryan to visit the dentist
sad.gif

evening will be good for us...

Settler abit tough leh :p ...but Xesthir can read up & teach us, I dun mind trying new game
happy.gif

Meirong , saboteur is a must hor :D

rumi78

diana.... u dun like durian, coffee, and almond jelly! so many dislikes. hahaha same as me though our dislikes are so different!

I am just suggesting if u dun like we choos esomething everyone likes. hehe i need to go read how to play Settlers!

alamak333

eh, i am trying to make apple crostata, something like the italian version of apple pie... diana, if you make the soya jelly, we can cut up the jelly and mix with the lychee, longan, and rambutans later at my place... but don't worry if you do not have the time to do the soya jelly, we can eat the fruits neat! ;p

ryanon123

i think i should be able to join .. but don't count me for the food as i probably turning up past 8pm for the post-dinner games
happy.gif
I am going for badminton till 6pm that day, will have dinner at st51 before going home shower then come.

coincidently, i realise the yellow pages collection is at Jurong Spring CC that day too. If anyone wants me to collect for you, please let me know and pass me the slip. Actually i don't intend to go collect one, i think no use one (unless you sell kachang puteh) ha ha but since im there i might as well do the service.
happy.gif

rumi78

ryan u sure u want to volunteer collect for us .. very heavy right?!

i heard now sell books/newspaper to garang guni very profitable now. the price per kg went up..

rong

Wow!!! Sound like lots of fun on 31st!!! Can't wait liao leh! Yummy! I'll bring Saboteur! Yeah! Called up to confirm the popiah liao. The man said the smallest pack is about 30+ to 40 rolls. So we'll get that. I think will have enough food. Not enough can call for delivery.
happy.gif
Thank you Angie for hosting.