Balloting Exercise July - Jurong West

rumi78

ohh..yah propery prices so high now..

wow u intend to get private property? but cannot do so till 5 yrs min occupancy right since ur name in the current HDB.. or just listed as occupant then is ok..

where are u eyeing? I think the next best place is around Holland Village or commonwealth, queenstown..

alamak333

hihi, sure... so we meet at Meirong's place on Friday at 4pm... will be making coleslaw as well
happy.gif
looking forwardto catching up.

xesthir, remember to bring your photos!

rong

Diana, you can always ask Ryan to come up and play with Alomnd at night. We always let him out every night to clean his cage and let him get some running and sand-bathing. Just give me a ring. It's so convenient!

See you tomor!

rumi78

photos haha. i have not do up the photos leh....

maybe better to show u all when I am done editing and deleting unwanted photos..

maybe we can meet up for xmas party and present xchange under xmas tree. haha

btw. i want to get a new xmas tree at my place. u think 7 ft too tall? haha 6 ft a bit short leh.. 6.5ft?

beachgirlz

hey gd idea.. can come my hse for xmas..
happy.gif

looking forward to the gathering tmr! how many ppl in all? according to the list is 5pax.. include all the husbands hor? i need to count how much baguette to get lol

Gathering on 27 November 2009 friday,
Meirong's HSH Time: 4pm
===============================================
1) Alamak - pizza
2) Diana - Honey Mustard baked chicken
3) Val - garlic bread
4) Xesthir - sushi?
5) Meirong - eclair

beachgirlz

xesthir.. i just got a 6ft xmas tree n its alright..was tinking of 5ft cos hor bigger it is, harder to set up and packup and keep! lol.

u better get it fast cos need time to deco also.. and can enjoy it longer ma cos now left 1mth to xmas
happy.gif

rumi78

hahah thinking where to dispose my old xmas tree and deco....

do they have trade in?;p

I think garlic bread no need too much.. quite filling. i am thinking.. we should have curry so can go with baguette leh..
what for dinner? like no solid food of rice or bee hoon...

hey how about drinks? hahaha

beachgirlz

hey xesthir.. don throw first.. let me see if i like anything.. give me can? hehe. cos quite wasted to throw leh

hmm so 1 roll of baguette can? hee. bo curry leh i duno how to make. haven learn. unless u all don mind i buy from outside to add in?

rumi78

hahahaaha... actualy hor i can ask my mum to make.... just ley chey to drive there to pick up..

i only know how to make japanese curry....

valerie, let me ask my family if anyone wants the xmas tree and deco first. i get back to u ok? anyway all my deco is just plain golden balls and some deco which are all gold .. hahaha

sharemoments

Hi all,

Actually I posted a few posts quite sometime ago, I think was last year when I just got my keys (I was the 2nd batch). Took sometime for renovation then giving birth then deciding to move in end of Dec. Thought of dropping by to this thread and was surprised that most of you have become good frz/neighbours
happy.gif
Look thru the archive, didn't kw our estate has got such fun activities. Thank you for this thread
happy.gif

rdnest

hey guys, thanks for the great gathering last Friday. More thanks to Meirong & Justin for their warm hospitality. Agreed with Val tt we must take pictures of those nice foods prepared in our next gatherings... they were usually too tempting for our brains to think straight. hahaha...

rumi78

Diana, i missed that po piah cup cake thingy..
what is it called ah.. i want to know where to buy leh.. any idea besides food fare?

meirong, the eclair also very nice...do u have the recipe?

beachgirlz

yea i enjoyed the gathering on fri too! thanks meirong and justin for being such great hosts
happy.gif
forget to say helo to almond leh.. alamak haha. next time go visit her
happy.gif

diana.. not only take pics of food.. we hv take photos together also leh lol!

sharemoments

Hi Diana & Valerie,

I am staying at Blk 677C. Great to join you guys for the next gathering
happy.gif

My aircon latch is always full of rubbish thrown down from upstairs. Condom, diaper, wrapper, tissue and with stain (*yucks*) underwear. It's super disgusting! Anyone experiencing this as well? Dun understand why they can't throw in their dustbin?

Anyone here staying at 677C?

rdnest

eeeeee... sharemoments, tt's so gross!!!
I oso realise blk 677C & Blk 677A hv lots of litters ard the area :p The block sweeper sure vomit blood!
so far mine (blk678A) is ok, though i got a rug hanging over my aircon ledge (must b from upstair :p)
but this should b more of the strong wind case, nt habitual littering :p

actually can we complain or nt, kind of missed my old neighbour, she would sit at the ground level to monitor who was the culprit tt dirtied her hangout laundry. hahaha...

rumi78

complain to dawn ng of west coast town council lor..... hahhaa but i doubt is useful.. she will say she wont be able to track which resident actually throw the rubber... and undies. hahaha

thanks diana, i go take a look.. but only avail in the east ah

rong

Hi neighbours! Back to work after a long break. Feeling nice although a bit lazy. Haha...

Thank you all of you too for the great food! We had a great time! So nice to have all of you as neighbours. Ya lo hoh...should take pics leh...the food was just too tempting that we forgot about it. Or we just too chatty..hehe..

Xesthir, the eclair's recipe is from http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2007/04/chocolate-eclairs.html (choc filling) and http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2006/11/chocolate-cream-cheese-eclair_14.html(choux pastry). Have fun baking!

Welcome sharemoments! See you on our next gathering.
happy.gif

I've never clear the rubbish on my aircon ledge before. Haha...don't even know what rubbish I'll find there...oppss...am I very lazy?

alamak333

hihi, thank you Meirong and Justin for the warm hospitality!
happy.gif
It was fun!

Welcome sharemoments! He he, we were talking about a pre-xmas party.. if it goes through, do join us
happy.gif

rumi78

when are we having our baking session before xmas? want to give it out as presents. :p

when are we having a po piah party (from queenstown popiah?) cum pre or post xmas party?

diana, i cannot find the Kueh pie tee at cold storage taka although website said is sold there. do u know where it s hould be located or if west side sell besides the queenstown popiah

rdnest

Xesthir, me hv nt seen it from cold storage leh.... I'll keep a lookout during marketing
happy.gif

As for the baking session, can 333 share with us the rolled cookies recipe? tot u mentioned tt u got one that is not so sweet & very crunchy, then we can all each make own dough at home, chill overnite, then meet to bake the cookies & decorate them on same day. let's make it on 19 dec??

csy

yeah we am officially permanently staying at our new house after our AD. No more weekend stay only as my friends kept commenting like 'tou qing' like that..haha

rumi78

19 sounds ok to me .. but maybe let's do it like late morning or early afternoon.

diana, not sure if i know how to make the dough without visual demo and just by looking at reciepes. hahaha..

rdnest

Hello SY, glad to hear fr u again :D
Hope to see u soon in our next gathering.

Xesthir, me oso first started out by watching youtube.. hahaha... or I could come over to your place on Friday evening & do together
happy.gif

rumi78

Diana. friday evening i need to go in laws house leh... but i can make an exception on one friday to learn. I think valerie wants to learn too right?

rong

19 I won't be able to make it. Dec weekends are quite pack for me except Sun. Think I'd give it a miss this time round...
Welcome back SY Chen...
happy.gif
Join us for gathering next time! I remember you're same blk as me right? 678A...
Diana...I also watch clips leh! Some from youtube some from blogs..haha!!!

rdnest

huh!! Meirong u cannot join us
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Me oso ok on 19 or 20. majority decide bah
happy.gif

Thanks 333. Shall try some out this sunday.

rong

Then make it on the 20th ok? I'm free! It's a cookie baking cum Xmas celebration? Yay! So fun!! Hahaha....

rumi78

20 is our 1st yr anniversary leh... lol
duno if my ah lao got plans hahaha

what time will it be. maybe make it morning?

rdnest

aiyo!! xesthir, better dun lah!
that is ssoooosososososo special day.
Cannot lah! in fact u should start celebrating from Fri to Sun! 3 days celebration!!

sharemoments

Thanks, would love to join the pre-xmas gathering.

Diana,
Your neighbour is so cute. But sometimes it really getting into my nerves. Hope to catch the culprit soon but I think not only 1.

You gals love baking? Me too! me "xin xue lai cao" went to take up Wilton cake decorating course, cookies, cake baking class. Just finished & taking a break. I used to bake but my cake either turn up volcano, or bee hive & cookies suppose to be crunchy are soft
sad.gif
Angry so went to take up class.

rumi78

hoho. diana, so u guys have 3 days of celebration for each yr of your anniversary ah.. u guys celebrated 10 yr liao right..

aiyah i am a bit confused. when can i learn baking the xmas cookies first?

Ihope to meet u guys for xmas party leh.. i dun think we celebrating whole day...

rdnest

hehe... 1st anni much much much more impt mah :p
anyway, I could come over to ur place on Fri evening to make the dough.

Hey Sharemoments, u r experienced baker leh!
hope u could join us soon to give us some pointers
happy.gif

How u find wilton classes? value for $$?

sharemoments

Diana,

No lah, I join classes becos fared up with my failed project. Feel very disappointing when putting in so much effort.

Wilton class I find quite worth it. They teach you the techniques of pipping roses, shell borders etc..

I'm still not worth to give pointers yet but hope to join you all for the baking fun. So glad to find you neighbours love baking too
happy.gif
Next month if have would love to come along. I will be officially moving in on Jan
happy.gif

alamak333

he he, i have also been thinking about joining the wilton classes... ;p diana, if you decide to sign up let me know...

eh... i am confused now.. 20th we having xmas party cum baking session? or just baking session?

rdnest

333, me now realised 19th got wedding dinner.
So think our gathering fix on 20th, ok bo?

20/12/09 Sunday 11am
Baking cum Xmas Lunch gathering
venue: 333's hse??
=================================
1) 333
2) Diana
3) Meirong
4)

what food to bring huh??

alamak333

Sure can come our house!
happy.gif
Shall we order the poh piah? Since it is lunch, quite difficult to cook... may not have time... I recalled someone has the address of the place that sell poh piah ingredients...

rumi78

I just bought and set up our xmas tree on Saturday night!!! deco added up very ex
sad.gif

u all want to drop by on 20th to see? hahahaha...though is our anniversary.. see maybe we go out at night for dinner so as to join u all.

i thought xmas gathering at valerie's place?
diana, make cookies when ah.. i lost track

rdnest

20/12/09 Sunday 11am
Baking cum Xmas Poh Piah Lunch party
venue: 333's hse
=================================
1) 333
2) Diana
3) Meirong
4)

Poh Piah ingredients: ___________where ??

Hey Xesthir, tot me going to ur place on Fri 18/dec to do cookie dough.

ryanon123

hey justin, how's your marathon run on sunday? i intend upgrade and run 42.195km next year. the training starts from tomorrow
happy.gif