Bali

tingshen

there are padi fields nearby, at cangguh there, we took quite a lot of nice photo though :D Volcano is very very far.....

the nature reserved park located near Lake Beratan is very very nice too!

baobao618

Im planning to stay at villa at sanur beach. Wanted to explore other places.. is it possible to get a driver to drive from sanur to other places? Like kintamani to view the volcano and rice fields in the north, jimbaran bay and uluwatu?

shopping - go to tanah lot for the great view of the temple by the sea and their cheap cheap shopping (like pasar malam).

tomatostyler

Hi Brenda, which villa will you be staying in Sanur? I am planning to stay at the Inna Grand Bali Beach.

For Kuta, I changed my mind. I intend to stay at the Garden Beach Hotel now. It's right at the beach
happy.gif

ene

My fiance and I was at Aston Legend at Sanur. It's relatively new and very small and intimate.

Brenda - In answer to your question, yes. Almost every resort/villa in Bali has an 'in-house' driver who can drive you to anywhere you want. E.g. For 8 hours and US$60, we got a driver to drive us to Ubud and back. Nice!

lilo

Hiya, im going to Bali for 5D4N but 1st day reaching at night time. Any suggestions whether i should stay in one or 2 hotels? Izzit nicer or better to better at Nusa Dua or Kuta area? Appreciate if anyone can help..

eoj

Hi Lilo,
Me & my wife, We just had a holiday in Bali. Kuta is a busy place, must go there for shopping, surfing and suntan. I prefer Nusa Dua area, a friend intro us someone in Bali who got us super deal. We can give you their details if you like.........live me!

ngfifi

i've juz came bk frm my recent bali trip on wed. here are some unhappy encounter when i was there tis time round

had booked dewa svc for my 1 day trip to kintamani. had booked his svc at least 6 mths ago n was quoted rp300,000 to c sunrise at kintamani. double tripled cfm the rates couple of wks b4 my arrival but ultimately rec'v no reply frm dewa until i angry i called him on his mobile

was told he return to his village for some traditional ceremony which i accept but when asked him abt the trip quotes again, this time i was quoted rp600,000 to see a sunrise at kintamni since he nid to pick me up at 2.30am

i told him tat i was quoted rp300,000 by him but tis time he sd cos of the pick up time at 2.30am, he nid to charge more ex

pls lor, im nt being stingy but so many times of my email correspondences with him, none was mentioned tat he nid to charge me doubled of his initial quote cos of the pick up time thou everytime i kept emphasing tat "r u sure?"

okay, next comes the program for the day. we decided nt to see the sunrise cos its reali nt worth to pay rp600,000 to see the sunrise so we changed to 8 hr day tour instead

we decided to change some venue or even obselete sum venue when dewa shared the day itinerary wif me. was quoted rp400,000 even thou we skipped a lot of places frm his original quotes. was like har, y leh? i already took out a no. of places leh but y r u charging me more

anyway, he quoted sum lame excuses. do u kw i still paid rp400,000 when the actual day came n cos of the weather, we obselete yet another few places?

at the end of the day, we were told by the driver tat he was nt dewa cos we assume he is since in his email he sd he will be fetching us personally. felt so dishonest by his svc n was told he was sick on that day so he cant fetch us

wat the heck. shld ve at least called me to inform as courteous act

anyway, will nt recommend dewa svc to any1 who plan to make their trip to bali

ngfifi

here are some things u nid to note while u r in bali:

1) make sure the notes given by the cab driver in bali is valid for used
(was given rp10,000 which was obselete by their govn long ago by 1 of the cab driver when i took to gado gado restaurant. thou the amt is less than us1, we still felt cheated)

2) make sure the driver do nt take u for a long ride when u kw the distance frm 1 venue to another is short. oso, make sure u ve small change when u take a cab in bali cos they tend to short change u
(was short change for at least rp3,000 when the taxi i took to kuta told me he ve no small change)

3) do nt attempt to buy any drinks in the airport restaurant if u no longer ve any rupiah left as i tried to pay 1 can of sprite in SGD n was charges S$7 for it when the original menu is only rp25,000

other than tat, bali is still quite a nice plc to visit

midas

jen,
can u share the full name & contact no. of the 'dewa' u engaged? so we know who to avoid coz dewa is a rather common name in bali...juz like there r many mr.Tan in SG..

midas

oh...i know liao, this dewa advertised himself on this thread before...i noted down his hp no. before, but engaged another dewa instead..

midas

hi lilo,
can u email ur travel dates n requirements to me (eg. full/half day tours, airport transfer etc.), i'll link u up with my driver...

[email protected]

oh ya...charges will be slightly more ex than the dewa mentioned here...roughly rp450k for full day tour..not sure how much he will charge now coz fuel prices increased in Jun08 as indo gov reduced subsidy to their citizens since june..

warrior_angel

Hi midas,

I'm interested too. My tix is fixed to travel on 5-11 Nov.. I'm travelling via Lion Air.. Pls propose the agenda. My email address is [email protected] or you wanna give me the contact for the driver so that I can contact him directly. TIA..
happy.gif

lilo

Hi midas,
thanks for ur help. I have rec'd email from Dewa.

Do you gals know whether much roughly is the taxi fare from airport to kuta?

midas

lilo,
taxi fare shld cost less than SGD10 per way to Kuta.

Jessica,
I've emailed the driver already, he will reply u with a qoute.

ngfifi

Hi Jessica

Juz sumtink for u to note

Kuta area had been getting more pack nowadays as my recent trip to Bali was jammed with cars frm Jakarta n Surabaya

We were told by Bali pple that a lot of pple drove there n thus Kuta is mostly packed with cars

We were jammed for more than an hr when we wanted to take a cab back frm Kuta to Seminyak

:<

Thus, the cab fare frm the airport to Kuta cld cost more nw

Its oso gd that u ve a lot of small change wif u when u take cab there cos the cab driver usually wont ve change for Rp100,000

midas

Gosh...from airport to kuta cost rp100k already? it used to be 50-60k only..

lilo, how much did Dewa qoute u for airport transfer?

ngfifi

Hi midas

I tink u misunderstood me. I was saying its gd to ve a lot of small change when u take taxis in Bali cos the driver usually wont ve change if u produce a 100,000 notes

Hi Jessica

Its metered but cos nw the car in Bali is so much, especially a lot of them drove frm Jakarta n Surabaya tat the taxis fare cost more cos u r stuck in btw the jam if u r gg/leaving Kuta area

warrior_angel

Hi midas,
dunno why Dewa still have not emailed me yet..
sad.gif

Hi Jen,
Thks for the info..
happy.gif

Hi lilo,
Just went to NTUC Utravel, there's a promotion on the land package.. If you're a NTUC member, you might want to login in and try their package..

Hi gals,
I've collected my Lion Air tix today, I only plan to spend $1K (all in) for 2 pax for 6D. Air tix costs me $400 liao.. so left with $600.. you gals think is it possible to stay within budget?? Pls advise..
happy.gif

midas

jessica,
dewa has replied me liao...u shld receive his email last nite..10-11pm.

wah the Lion air is cheap leh...do feedback on their service when u r back..

err...ur $600 is include hotel, food &amp; sightseeing har? abit tight leh...

warrior_angel

Hi Midas,

Hehe, dewa replied me liao.. Thanks..

Yes, $600 include hotel, food &amp; sightseeing.. hehe. I suppose will add on $200 (just in case).. haha

midas

jessica,
if u r not fussy...can stay at 2-3star hotel at 30-40USD per nite n dun eat at posh restaurants...think u can make do with ur budget...

kawaiicherry

Hi all,

i read from this thread about dewa and i actually email him and he replied...he is quoting me Rp400.000 per day for 10 hour...is that reasonable or way too expensive? do you think i can bargain with him?

warrior_angel

Hi KawaiiCherry,

When are you gg?? Maybe if the timing is correct, we can share some of the tours as I believe he quoted based on per vehicle (not per pax)...
happy.gif

kawaiicherry

Hi Jessica, i'm going next week 18oct to 20oct. Only for 3days flying with Garuda and staying at Jimbaran....saw from his website that he had like a fixed itenary, do you think he can be flexible to go places where we ask him to go instead?

maria_tan

hi,

i will go to bali v my bf next yr, i bought the flight ticket around july 2009. I hv no idea where to stay and where to visit and nice places for eating ..

Please give some suggestion .. thanks

nini2

Hi all,

My driver Dewa Parwita, same as the driver which Midas had hired, ask me to inform everyone that his old email account [email protected] had been hacked since 21 Nov 08.

He had made a police report at Bali. So, anyone who is going or thinking of engaging him pls take note. If anyone intersted in engaging his service, pls feel free to email me at [email protected] for his contact details

Thanks

desmondtan

hi, does anyone has the detailed map of Bali? especially on kuta area, coz i want to see the location of various hotels before i make the booking.
thanks

daisies04

hi kawaiicherry,

read that you took garuda airline.

how's the flight? any delays? cus i heard tt they always have flight delays...

thanks.

winnieong

Hi Daisie,
Me &amp; my hubby took Lion air, and I should give them credit on their service, and futhermore we arrive in Bali early in the morning and get to enjoy extra 2 whole day on arrival and departure. I suggest you also check out the price, C&amp;G. As for itinerary and car arrangement, we had this agent that operate in Bali, excellent job, best holiday ever.

winnieong

Hi regin
you want to check with the agent I booked with? I read thru the price for dewa, he charge more. last time I remember in this forum someone pay $160 for 2 and half day service, but the agent give the same price for 5 full day so I think for 3 days 2 nights must be lower

ger_mummy

hi winnie
is it adviseable to travel in small group rather than jus 2 of us(anyway we r nt going for honeymoon).
as i was thinking the car provided by the agent would be calculated by the car n day basic rather than per head basic(correct me if i am wrong)

winnieong

yes the car is good for 2-6 people, you hv the freedom to travel anywhere you want in Bali, and the charge is not by per head, it's by the 5 days package rate. if you travel with other people maybe you can book with some agents in singapore, but last time I compared before, it's more expensive and no itinerary like what was given me and at least we don't have to wait for other people or get people rushing us in places that we want to spend more time that's why I really appreciate eoj for recommending this agent to me, really worth everything $$

ger_mummy

o i thought i can get maybe another 2 more couple to go with us(our own frens of course)to make it 6 of us.

i am going for 4d3n.so if based as wat u say $160 meaning the car with the driver tat drive u to places u want to go?

n which villa the agent recommand u?care to share so tat i can view online.
ya the agent email me already.i thought i should get my air flight n the no of person going then email them back to do the planning n the searching of accomodation.is easier for them too,i don like to trouble pple too much..haha

winnieong

we stay in Mutiara villa. the villa is a 1 big bedroom, wth bathroom and outside is the dining area with sofa and a pivate pool in small garden. Iwas told the villa also hv 2 bedroom unit not sure about 3 bedroom villa and include breakfast in restaurant or can ask them send to villa. the agent actually recommend one more villa I think is beverly villa, they said this one more luxury but the rate is higher, if you going with small group, can save more on the car and maybe stay in hotel with seaview or near beach, no need to stay villa can save more

jule

winnie, can you share with me the agent you have used, and also kindly share with me what are the places you have visited ? Im only looking at only tour as I have booked the accomodation already. My group is size of 10.

winnieong

Hi Jule,
I posted this on the other bali forum, so i just copy and paste in here, juz for you....
But as for the agent contact, you better ask eoj, coz i don't want to take away his popularity. he would ask you for your email so that he can forward it to the agent..hehe
this was posted a few days ago
I'm so eng nowaday, maybe I can share some of our (me&amp;hubby) honeymoon trip in Bali

me and Joseph (the agent", not my hubby), he help me planned the trip after many emails. I must say, the first few times I found him like very long winded, but I was very pleased at the end coz he suggest and plan according to what we need and what we want to do during our honeymoon trip. I must say a very big thank to him.

We took Lion air and arrived in Bali about 8.30am, our driver, Ketut was waiting for us at the exit and we was very happy that Joseph there to meet us as well. He took us on a trip to Tanah lot (1 hour+) to reach there, but Joseph was very professional, he told us everything about Bali and what we can expect during this trip, it was like we know him for a long time.
Tanah lot is beautiful, a big garden and we started some shopping at the pasar there. We had lunch at Made-Warung, good food, reasonal price. The villa that Joseph booked for us is GOOD, with a big bedroom, bathtub, a kitchen outside and a private swimming pool, more than what we was imaginating. Another thank to Joseph. He left us for the day, but our driver was there outside the villa waiting for us all the time. Me&amp;hubby spend some time doing our hm thing in our private pool...still remember the moment. We then went to Jimbaran beach for our LOBSTER dinner, nice place, enjoy the sunset view, so romantic........
Anyway we had such a great time with the water rafting, the diving, we never done that before, so it was so exciting &amp; Joseph came and help us to get a very good discount for all the watersports, my hubby was like buddy to him after that..oh, the food at Warung Nikmart, really good &amp; cheap, especially the juices, very solid. We had the soursop &amp; avocado juice, we did order other juices in other restaurant during the trip but still, the juices in Warung Nikmart is the best and cost only Rp6000 (80cents) imagine what you can get in Singapore.
We went to Kintamani for lunch and the view was spectacular, having a full volcano picture right infront of us. Kuta is exciting as well, we went to the beach, my hubby took the surfing lesson while I got my tatoo and hair breeding. We went shopping and Ketut our driver help us to bargain and made sure we did not get cut, really helpful. We also went to a spa that Joseph put us on, so luxury and relaxing, really worth every $$ of it. Joseph took us out on our last night there together with his wife May, we party the night in Hard rock hotel, bounty disco at legian and we wish we can have more time there. We bought a lots of stuff as gifts for our buddies and friends who helped us on our wedding and end up with 2 extra bags. Must go Bali again

eoj

hi jule, glad to give you contact of the agent, but you have to give me your email so that i can forward to them

winne, you flatter me too much