Argh!! Lizards!

afcai

Hi sunnyday,
for ants, I will place those ant 'food' to get rid of them. haa...I guess u and the cockroaches might be fated to meet.

haa...yr cat really gd mah, is it eat up the lizard?

hello88

Hi afcai,

even ants also commando trained nowadays. Ya, fated to meet the cockroches everywhere.

i think my cat chased them away but now no more cat.

afcai

Hi sunnyday,
oic, so there's must be a lizard hiding somewhere in yr house. better hide and keep away all yr food stuff.

hello88

ya...love cos its supposed to be lucky, hate because it can really dirty the whole house at every corner
sad.gif

queenie_30

I hate lizards cause they leave their droppings,i spray them til they turn r immobilized & turn black!

Ways to keep lizards away

Paste scotchtape (at least 1.2 inches wide) around places where lizards would usually enter or linger, e.g. through windows, door gaps, vents and rubbish chutes. The tape acts as a "fortress" or "border". Leave a substantial portion of the tape exposed and position the sticky side on the reverse direction of the would-be approaching lizard so that the lizard need not get stuck onto the tape too soon, instead when the creature reaches the non-sticky side, it would not force itself to "climb over" the tape.
Be prepared that flying insects or other tiny creatures may get themselves stuck on the tape.

Alternatively, surround with strips (at least 1.2 inches wide) of fine mesh with sharp edges. Secure the mesh onto the wall. The sharp edges should deter any advance over the mesh shield.

There are non-toxic repellents available to spray or paint onto the wall or ceiling to make the surface too slippery for the lizard's feet.

Sticky pads/boards (with baits) are able to trap them.

Shoo them out of your premises with a broom.

Do not place furniture too near the wall. Leave a gap. Do not hang pictures or big mirrors. The idea here is to create less isolated hideouts for them.

Select furniture either with no legs or with very high legs, i.e. high enough for the human eye to spot anything lying beneath that piece of furniture.

Display fewer items on the kitchen top. Make the kitchen are less 'foodfull'.

Egg shells may drive them away. Maybe because of the pointed edges?

Shield windows or doorways with a mesh screen or mosquito net. The holes must be compact to deter entry.

A type of white chalk targeted at cockroaches and ants seems to work well against lizards. Will not stain the surface and can wipe off easily. Draw unbroken lines. Re-application is necessary after 15 days or when chalk markings turn faint.

hello88

Hi queenie30,

wow, nice write up on Lizards. I'm interested to find out more about the chalk and non-toxic repellents.

Hey, we chatted sometime last year and u bought a resale 5room or EA? any pics to share?

Hi all,

for my previous house, i did bought the lizard trap sold at NTUC. But it was too costly since it could only catch 1 or 2lizards and u'll have to discard it as there would be ants having a party round the trapped lizard(s).

afcai

Hi queenie30,
Thanks for the write up of how to ways to keep lizards away. so far, I encountered 3 small lizards in my hse since I moved here 2 yrs liao. but my hse is more prone to spider - soft legs spider and also sometimes cockroaches might crawl in. cos my unit is near the rubbish chute there.

queenie_30

hello88,
yes i do rem u.Long time no chat.Gimme ur email & i'll send u some.Havent taken my rooms yet though caz alwayz in a mess.
How much r the lizard traps & wat is it called,any brand?

afcai,
no prob.So far i'll spray & spray til it turns black lor.
Had 1 cockroached enterd my bedroom so far but it was already dying so not too scary.

hello88

Hi queenie30,

pm u for your pics already.
the lizard trap cost around $4 or $5plus...cant remember as hubby was the one who bought it. Dunno what's the brand but its placed near to all those mosquitoes sprays.

wow, u spray them ar? i just grab a tissue and send them to rest in peace.

queenie_30

hello88,
will send u pics as soon as i can k.
U so daring ah.If i do tt,i may hv to use whole box of tissue & extend my arm 2m away.

I hate them in my house so i talk to them(getting insane liao!!!) & tell them to get out or they die.I still gv them chance but they dont listen so spray lor.I dont hv any other method of defence.

hello88

Hi queenie30,

yup..me brave and daring on my catching mission....in fact, i'm the daring one on such mission as hubby would have run off upon seeing lizards or cockroaches....

bohluiliao

Hi All,

Very interesting topic.. I just move to my new place in Telok Blangah area and i must say just less than 2 months stay.. i have killed more than 4 lizards!!

You wont believe how big those lizards are as i suspect they belong to gecko gene cos normal domestic lizards does not have spotted prints on its skin..

Just 2 nights ago, i have killed a lizard (unintentional though) which is about 4 to 5" in size!!!! It was crawling just behind my masterbedroom door where i hang all my pyjamas.. wah liew eh.. have a shock of my life cos i never seen such a big lizard before.. Its head is as big as my pinky!!

Well, to cut the story short, manage to cos it to fall to ground and i quickly use a rolled up newspaper and start chasing till it ran to the guest room where i killed it... Quite disgusting as when i whacked it, its Sh*t came out.. Why it was so easy for me to kill such a big lizard is becos i have derived a theory, the bigger they are, the slower the run.. Thus manage to kill it in time before i start to worry when i sleep and i am sleeping to a big gigantic lizard..

Sprayed baygon still can see lizard tummy breathing.. wah piang.. this lizard i must say very resilient.. My wife does not dare to clean up the mess where i have to do all the mess.. haha..

I noticed that normal lizard trap may have a prb to catch such a big lizard.. anyway the trap prove to be very good.. caught some small lizards when i put the trap up overnight.. viola.. lizard stuck inside..

I dun have any qualms about hving lizards its just that the sh*t they leave behind on the wall is very irritating..

Beside lizards, cockroaches are at times regular visitor to my new place
sad.gif
Maybe i stay somewhere near to mount faber, it attracted quite unusual domestic pest though.. bettles, bugs, etc..

Worse nitemare, praying mantis!! Can you believe it??

hello88

wow lui lui, u're really a lizard killer and sayang yr wife by cleaning up all the mess.

really hate all these lizards and insects. Really frustrated if i see one but cant kill it. Think i have to get ready tissue papers/toilet papers in my pocket at all times to wipe out all this creatures.

bohluiliao

Hi Sunny,

haha no lah.. My wife scare of cockroaches/Lizards/insects.. For me i am used to it, used to catch all shorts of nonsense when i was young and exposure to jungle terrain :p
Of course got to sayang my wife :D

Yeah, at times lizards is a pest. killing small lizards is the toughest thus have to use trap.. big one can chase down and kill it..

The reason why i use rolled up newpaper when i whack on the lizard is becos it act as a shock absorber rather than a stick or so.. My intent is to temporarily stun the lizard when i whack.. But at times i whack too hard then flatten lor which means messy.. haha..

Use kitchen paper towel as its bigger
happy.gif
hope this helps.. Happy Catching and killing ;)

ps: my wife's friend even better, splash boiling hot water on the lizard.. This will kill them for sure.. cos the whole lizard like frozen! :eek: maybe it was cooked!

jhoo

Hi all,

i got my new home and is renovated but have not stay in yet..but everytime when i go over, i can see shits on my shelve etc and my hubby said it's from lizard...wonder how it comes to my new home..any idea what kind of pdt i can buy to kill them?i din see the lizard when im there but there's shits lor...

bohluiliao

Hi jhoo,

Where you are staying put? Does your area has alot of greenery? If the Sh*t looks like a black uncook rice grain, then it should be lizards sh*t. Else might be cockroaches.. Its also very dependent on your neighbour's cleaniness. If they are those who seldom house keep or clean their houses, pests will generally visit their household.

That means, it will also travel on visa to your door step. For lizards, i have tried numerous brands, cannot work leh.. all bullsh*t one.. i believe in my rolled up newspaper.. whack till its dead or half dead. as long as it does not run around and hiding from you. Also i do not like to spray everywhere on the wall or floor making the whole place messy and greasy.. yeee..

You can try putting some cockroach poison (similar to those ant poison that it will eliminate the entire colony). For Lizards, you got to put up sticky trap where you can get it from DIY shop or Carrefour. Place them near places they like to visit (eg kitchen, toilet etc)..

Lizards i must say they are damn sneaky, cos they generally hide behind doors or groove area where you cant see at all. if you have L box as false ceiling, chance are they are there.. Which is why i did not opt for L box as they collect dust and its a mass coffin area for insects.

Cheers.

jhoo

whahah, lui_lui, u so funny...yah, those small little shit..i dun think my hs got cockroaches..yes, just below my flat is greenery..from there ar? shit, then there's nothing i can do but prepare more newspaper...L box? but tot its enclosed and how do they manage to go in?

bohluiliao

Hi jhoo,

Hahaha.. life is still tough so got to loosen up and laugh about it..

I mean that could be one avenue where those insects including lizards comes from greenery or so.

L box is enclosed but they have a cavity area for lighting. L box sometimes ppl like to install lighting that throw the light to the ceiling making it more cosy. My false ceiling is a throughput type which means i only have downlights nothing else. There is no cavity at all. If you have those L boxes where you install lighting init, those are the area that normally build up dust and dead insects. ;)

jhoo

wah...nvm, think i will roll up newspaper then get my hubby to kill it..i dun dare...but problem is out of so many insect, my hubby scare of lizard the most..keke

still have to wait for lizard to come out

bohluiliao

haha.. well.. it takes time to get used to whacking lizards..

Ya.. u got to lure the lizards out by means of a trap.. Then your hubby dont have to whack it lor.. What i am afraid is those big lizard then the normal trap may not work as the trap may be too small for them though..

Get a bigger trap if you spot any big lizards.. But of course if you get a lizard that is bigger than a foot size.. call related authority to come catch it.. Cos its confirm not DOMESTIC! That one rolled up newspaper cannot do the job liao.. u need tennis racket/wooden pole/baseball bat to smash it.. But if its a chameleon, let me know hor.. i will catch for u.. cos i may keep it as a pet.. hahaha..

jhoo

hahaha lui..u make me laugh while reading and my colleagues were looking at me tot i go crazy liao...

what sort of trap do u refer to?

bohluiliao

hahahah..

Glad that this topic can make u laugh.. hahaha..

I last seen from Carrefour there are several types of trap.. Small like 2"x4" type of 5"x5" something like that..

Just buy a small one to try out 1st then once u see results then buy a bigger one if u still see sh*t sticking on walls or so.. and its bigger sh*t then confirm bigger lizards.. unless the small lizard laisai.. hahahahah

bohluiliao

wow.. u mean citronelle and lemon grass repels Lizards? Or apparently all insects? Care to share more? Need any special preparation like concoction?

hello88

Hi loti,

can provide more info on citronelle and lemon grass? how to go about using it as a 'weapon' to get rid of lizards.

bohluiliao

hi jhoo,

hahaha.. be happy and laugh about it keep the stress away..

Anyway Loti mentioned citronelle and lemon grass can repel lizards but how and need to concoct or not is another question..

Maybe brew the concoction let lizards drink .. haha.. But i like lemon grass smell.. Very spa feeling wor.. Scarly Lizard also take refuge and treat yr house as a spa center!!!

lotipata

okie, you can go to NT*C on the insecticide range, look for this . it is selling in 4. cost ard $15+-. Cant remember the price exactly...

*=U

bohluiliao

hahaha loti..

Buy in bulk lah :p but yr house so many lizards arh?? for me i just hate the sh*t the leave behind on the wall/ceilings etc.. Cos my wall and ceiling are very light colored and the sh*t will stain the paint though..

lotipata

ya lor, i tink its a whole family leh
angry.gif
...coz i saw e ah gong and ah sun liao(multi generation)...i must scrap the dropping...damn hard somemore lor...hum...i will "bu huo" on sunday...

jhoo

ya lor, the shit also stain my wall...quite a sickening pests huh...

wah, still got whole fam..tsk tsk tsk...

goondu74

Best way to deal with roaches? catch one and scotch tape to your bicycle wheel, then side bet with a friend see who can squash the terrible insect with the bicycle brakes after u have spin the wheel! thats what i used to do..........

bohluiliao

recently after my last killing of the big lizards.. i think i have killed their only form of reproduction lizards.. boh liao leh.. will monitor it again though.. cos my place frequent visitor of all these pests.. sien man..

michy_wong

Lor Lance, dat's gonna dirty ur bicycle right? then hv to wash the ugly carcass off the wheel... so troublesome. wat's more, still must catch it ah? eeeeeeeeeeeeee... it's so ugly!!!!

hello88

wow lui lui, congrats. Hope these creatures stay out of your house forever and pass some good luck to me hor...in fact to all of us
happy.gif

bohluiliao

haha.. thnks Sunny.. Bt yesterday while i am vacumming the flr i saw lizard sh*t which i am not sure if its.

Will setup a trap again and see if i catch anything on it.. haha..