Argh!! Lizards!

stylobb

starz/littleflower/afcai
littleflower, your jacket incident sent shivers down my spine!!!! Your hb not scared, then it's good. My hb worse than me... will tease him it's his turn to pick it up and he says he dare not... our usual tactic is one of us will eye the lizard, the other will prepare the shelltox and water (boiling is fast). Then we will coordinate our actions, spray and then pour, but must also get ready to run in case it chases us. The other time, one was 'murdered' but stuck in the sliding door, we had to flush it out with water, can you imagine?? Terrible! I told hb at least come out one piece not so bad, but if disintegrate, I don't know what to do...thankfully came out one piece!
afcai, shelltox is insecticide but it does not work, cos only make the thing mah-bok. The bigger ones can still flee for their lives.
Of course must throw away, I will never let it lie overnite! Even in my pregnant state that time I also can jump and be so agile!! We overturn everything to hunt it down and make sure it's DEAD man!
I not brave, I no choice mah! What to do, our own flat. My heroic dad also used to save me, but he does not live with us. Thankfully our rubbish chute is outside so the flat itself is clear of insect and rubbish.
It ever happened when one died, hb/I stared at each other and then at it wondering what to do. I told him even if I use the broom, I can feel the shock running up the broomstick to my arm as if I touched it!! That time hb cleared it but after that, it seemed he dare not anymore and I will do it.
The one incident before this was one was near the ceiling, so I told hb to stand on chair to spray shelltox and when it drops, I will pour hot water, but scully it fell and charged towards my direction and I nearly went berserk! so I quickly poured the hot water and it died lor.. but then it just layed there and took me a while to compose myself before I had the guts to pick it up and dispose of it.
I have this mixed feeling of fear and anger when I see one but never fail to get goosepimples all over me....eeek.....
Btw are you all married, and do you have any children?

greenie

hi gals...

littleflower, the lizard will run in the same way as u? *scratch head*
uhoh.gif
luckily i dun hv this prob... or its coz i juz run blindly away! hahahahaha
lol.gif

hehehe, i haven reached the mentality tt its either "it die or i die" i will juz let it b the king coz i dun think i can ever b capable of killing it lor.
lame.gif
i juz let it win lah... it can hv the whole living rm to itself lor...

afcai, i am not scared of caterpillar coz i think they dun hv the kind of creepy crawlies legs and hands like lizards and chameleon... its the scary legd i am scared of and their tails... so caterpillar is not an issue to me. i find them very cute.
happy.gif

wah, u think my screams so good until can shake up the Richter scale huh? hahahahahaaha
biggrin.gif

eeeee.... no way, i dun need any equipments or gadgets tt will kill lizards instantly coz i totally dun even dare to approach them.... let alone kill them at such a near distance. the best invention when i see one is to hv such a gadget tt points at them and they will disappear miraculously! HAHAHAHAHA
lol.gif
i dun wan to see them or their dead body!!!

styloBB.... eeeeeEEEEEeeeee.... yah, i can imagine the trama if the body disintegrate!!! YUCKS!!!! dunno how on earth can get rid of it when it really happens!
sad.gif

i ROMed liao, customery in a few mths time, so no kids as yet.
happy.gif

afcai

Hi styloBB,
Thanks for the highlights what's shelltox is. yup, it will 'drug' the lizard but once they get immuned then it will be no good. Just like cockroach, seems like they would be be killed by insecticide.

wow, got a 'electric' broom when you touch it, seems like the lizard has electrified yr broom. agreed with you, that one will have a sense of eerie feeling when touch it.

Hi starz,
caterpillar also have tiny creepy leg mah, also see already very disgusting.

stylobb

hi gals
Guess what? I had a nitemare last nite that I grabbed two bb lizards cos they were stuck in my hair! So terribe right! Must be talking too much about them daytime!!!
afcai
No choice, otherwise they run so fast, at least slow them their speed, cos also cannot anyhow pour the hot water right?
I also hate caterpillars, aiyah all things creepy/crawly. My goosepimples will auto stand up.

greenie

afcai, the tiny creepy legs cant see so clearly as lizards mah, so not scary to me... hehee.. and they move so slowly, its not like lizards... very fast moving!
lame.gif

styloBB! tt was a terrible nightmare! eeeeee, grab them by ur hands???? oh gosh!!!
sad.gif

bit_bit

StyloBB,

recently i oso had a nightmare abt caterpillar.. dreamt tat there was this HUGE (abt the size of a lower primary kid!!) caterpillar hiding under our bed... so gross & horrible!!!
sad.gif

littleflower09

haha! u guys think too much alry. mus stay focused! dun dream abt them. be prepared to fight them! STyloBB, find u familiar then i suddenly recalled...u are frm FV lane thread ah??

i think caterpillars are less scary coz for one simple reason, they can't even walk half the speed a lizard runs..and u know where the caterpillar is heading..but not the lizards..I think my experience not as traumatic and wat u guys gone thru yet.hehe and i won't wan to! nw i hardly go to my new plc (only during wkends) so i shut every single window to my flat...in cae any lizard makes my hse it's home b4 we do...dun wanna a whole family of illegal immigrants...glad so far so good. invasion-free...

afcai

Hi all,

Do anyone encounter a lot of soft legged spider in yr house. my hubby killed 4 of them when he wiped the floor today. I will spot 1 - 4 of them when I went over my new house during the weekend. I will kill the fly and the spider when I do the "tan bu yan"(hokkien sound)(smoke out the whole house with window close) during the 1st and 15th lunar mth.

Hi starz,
what if the caterpillar crawl onto yr hand when you are washing the vegetable or when you are walking along the road, suddenly, a green capterpillar drop you, will you scream then. all these l have been encountered before that why I hated them.

Hi bit bit,
never heard caterpillar hidding one bed but only heard there's a 'monster' hiding under one bed.
proud.gif
P

Hi littleflower09,
but capterpillar long body is not a good sight. same like you only go over my new house only on weekend so all windows must be shut to prevent any fly, insect or etc to fly in. sometimes, some insect build their 'nest' outside my window ledge, then I got to destroy their small nest. the smell of their 'nest' is so smelly.

greenie

afcai,
i encountered hvg the caterpillar crawling on my hands b4 but i am ok leh.
lame.gif
i think u r juz more afraid of the caterpillar.

afcai

Hi starz,

I just can't stand the sight of the caterpillar and anything that is long(eg snake, millipede, worm etc.)

stylobb

littleflower
What is FV lane thread, which thread is that? Nope I dun post there... I am usually at new mums or b/feeding support group.

Anyway I have nothing to update here cos no 'danger' these days, beta not, otherwise it's so gross...now I go toilet also must be alert...
anything creepy/crawly/slimy is a no-no for me!

littleflower09

styloBB, FV Lane is Fernvale Lane Thread..hee! see u somewhere..anyway i've got myself a pair of bedroom slippers in case I step on any lizards accidentally..hee..better safe than sorry u know? haven't seen much of lizards lately so it's a good sign (^_^) hope never to see any in my territory anymore..

afcai

Hi littleflower09,
heee..maybe that pair of bedrm slipper s yr 'weapon' to hit the lizard when they happen to cross yr territory.

excalibur

Starz, I still fine with 4-leggeds, with exception of maybe lions, tigers, etc... You get the idea...
But brrrr.... Anything with more then 4 legs *yucks* It's so.... The only word I can think of is unnatural... And the crunching sound created when you squash them gives me the goose-pimples...
I have agreement with my gf... I handle the 4 and below-leggeds, she handle the rest... :p
Except flying roaches... Guess we will handle it when it comes to that... Hopefully never... :|

excalibur

Heh... Actually I like cats...
My gf only like well-groomed cats...
But I scared of big hungry cats....
Dun wanna become their lunch.... :|

greenie

hahahaa.. alan, the agreement sounds so cute!
lol.gif
i guess each of us hv our weaknesses... and luckily ur gf and u can compromise on this agreement.
happy.gif

excalibur

afcai,
I do like Garfield! (How you know ar?)
But not the movie version though. *yucks*
I actually like cats more than dogs.
(No offence to dog lovers...)
When they are kittens, they are sooo adorable....
And when they grow up, they are so aloof I find them "stylo".... :p

kxbc

My home is cockroach-free and lizard-free. You know why? That's because I have good lizard and cockroach hunters at home.
happy.gif
They are patient, skilful and fast. Killed every single insect before they even have a chance to grow into the adult stage. No sign of any insect for the past 3 years.

And when they are not hunting, these hunters will just lay on your lap for a little scratch on the chin and a little stroke.

I am not advising you to get one of these hunters though just to hunt lizards. They are a lifetime commitment, a part of the family, my furkids, my daugthers. I love them so much.

*Meow*

greenie

ahhh????? *scratch head*
uhoh.gif

hvg cats as lizards hunters>? wat if they chew on one and then bring it in front of u and shows u? think i will freak out!!!!!
sad.gif

excalibur

Being the proud animals the cats are, they would probably do that...
But is it better for the lizard to be immobilised in front of you, than you know it's out there somewhere running amok?

kxbc

Cats being proud is a misconception. They're just more independent and less clingy.

They mostly do not kill or eat the lizards, especially the well fed ones. It's the thrill of the hunt they enjoy. Sometimes they can "torture" the lizards for a few minutes by pressing it softly to the floor and then letting them run, then pounce on them again. I usually end the lizard's misery by killing it before it ends up in their mouths.

They've chased all lizards out of my home and none dares to come it anymore from the gaps under the door. Perhaps those lucky ones which have escaped have been telling the rest not to venture into my house. Probably not true but that's what I like to believe. Haha.
happy.gif

Anyway, lizards are nice little reptiles. They eat up the bugs and mosquitoes around your area. I don't purposely exterminate them also. I don't mind a few in my home as long as they don't leave shit trails on the wall.
happy.gif

But cockroaches must go. Dirty little buggers.

greenie

well, wat alan said does make sense, but either way i still will b scared, regardless of a live or dead lizard.... if there is a cure 4 this phobia, do let me noe.
lame.gif

excalibur

Get yourself a lizard hunter... :p
everytime you see the dead lizard, before scream and run away, think of the worse alternative...
happy.gif

Better it's there in front of you, dead, than running around and drop on your shoulder one day.
That should make you feel better...
Then when you're more comfortable, force yourself to pick up the lizard (with as many layers of paper as possible) and throw it away...
You should be able to get use to it after some time....
But of course, dun get a cat just so that it hunts lizards... Think they would make great pets... They are a highly intelligent lot.
And maybe KXBC was right... Proud isn't a very accurate term to use on them... Prideful would be more accurate.
Too bad my mum is highly "allergic" to four-legged creatures with fur....
sad.gif

greenie

er.... tts a huge load of courage i gotta summon to pick up one, even though its dead....
sad.gif

for now, i shall depend on my hb to b my lizard hunter...
proud.gif

afcai

Hi Alan Swan,
hee(can read y rmind mah) oic, for me, I prefer dogs over cats.

Hi KXBC,
never know cats eat up lizards one??

excalibur

afcai,
I dun mind dogs either, but I'm entranced by the elegence of cats... :p

And to answer for KXBC, cats (unless they are starving) do not usually eat what they hunt.
They hunt (to put it simply) for the fun of it.
And from what I've heard, they luv to present their owners with the trophies of their hunt.
happy.gif

afcai

Hi Alan,
oic cats...so u like sylvester the cat hee chasing after the tweety bird.or Tom the cat chasing ater Jerry the mice.oh those are such a bully cats...(sorrie if any offence to cat lovers)

I did seen kitten chasing or 'playing with the cockroach. haaa dunno will dogs behave in this ways hunting for lizards and cockroach?

what's abt spider esp soft legged spider and tiny flying insect(got a few when I go over to my house during weekend)

excalibur

Nope... No like Sylvester nor Tom...
They were bad projections of cats...
You dun see any cats behaving lidat in real life, ever...

From what I know, dogs do hunt too...
And they are pretty relentless...
But they dun play with their preys...
They will just kill and fetch...

Think the cats and dogs would attack flying insects or at least, attempt to...
But dunno what they will do with spiders though...
But spiders normally hang ard their web, why not let the spider take care of the flying insects, then spray the spider with baygon or something... :p

kxbc

Alan, you are right about them presenting their "trophies" to their owners. They do that because they look up to you as the top cat. They usually don't eat the lizards but sometimes they may. It's like eating abalone (cat food) everyday, sometimes a slice of bread (lizard) helps to spice up life.
happy.gif

Starz, to get over this lizard phobia, I guess you will just have to face it straight on. Whenever your hb kills a lizard, go pick it up using some tissue paper. You will find that they are soft, has no smell and are no threat to you. In some ways, they resemble the jelly gummi bears you find in the candy shop (did I scare you off these candies already?). Start with the small lizards though, the big ones can sometimes be quite gross. And ask your hb not to hit them so hard until their innards spill out. It makes cleaning up much easier. Through practice, your fear should hopefully go away.

stylobb

littleflower
No leh, I never go there..
Btw I wear slippers all the time at home, can't stand touching the floor.. anyway I did think if I will ever use my slippers as weapon...cos I can't bear thinking of cleaning the mess afterwards... so I beta not. I thot I am getting braver but the mere thot of lizards and all still make my goosepimples stand up and my stomach knotted so I guess I'm still as scarty-cat as ever. It's not getting beta....sigh.... but beta in the sense that now hb/I will kill them, but before married, I will run away and ask my dad to take care of it.

Alan
I think this fear does not separate male or female, cos I have a g/f who is absolutely fearless of lizards...

kxbc
If any cat presents the 'trophy' to me, I will faint!!
So gross, I take it you ain't scared of them at all??

kxbc

Got one time I was walking along the corridor back home and I felt something fell onto my head. I just brushed it away. And guess what. It was actually a small baby lizard which had lost its foothold and my head happened to cushion its fall. Gross or not? But baby lizzies are rather cute, soft soft one like an eraser or gummi bear jelly.

And styloBB, I'm not scared of them but I also do not pick them out with my bare hands. Using tissue paper helps.
happy.gif

kxbc

Oh, before I forget, I've to tell you I'm male and not a woman who's not afraid of lizards.

Anyway, this fear of lizards, roaches, rats, snakes affects all gender and races. So I guess it's normal to be afraid of something. For me, I don't think I can handle rats, so smelly and dirty. But I like rodents like hamsters and guinea pigs and chincillas.

excalibur

Heh...
Though I rather not, but if I have too, I think I can still handle rats...
But anything > 4 legs, leave me out....
sad.gif

greenie

eeeeeeeee... KXBC... the way u suggest 4 me to get over phobia is juz like wat alan suggested! juz the thot of me picking up the dead lizard alrdy sends shivers up to my spine.... OH GROSSS!!!!
sad.gif

talkg abt gummi bears, if i see it wif the lizard print, i will juz throw it back in and refuse to consume! NO WAY!!!!

oh so u and alan are guys...
happy.gif

i noe guys do hv phobias as well, juz thankful tt my hb can handle lizards!!!

afcai

Hi KXBC,
yr way of describing lizards is rather cute.....like a gummi bear jelly...yucks...anyway, I dun like gummi bear candy.

do any1 encounter those flies flying in when once the light is on? how to get rid of them? they are quite big in size compare to my current house.

kxbc

Alan, that's a good one.
happy.gif

Seriously, I don't think there's any way to keep out those flies. I thought those blue UV lights are to repel mosquitoes only?

excalibur

Those blue lights dun actually repel them...
The blue light actually attracts most fliers...
And when they get close to the bulb, the wire mesh ard it would zap them...
So if you use the blue light thingy, you gotta clear the bottom of the cage regularly...

stylobb

kxbc
Use tissue paper, no way! What if it tears??Eeek..I use thick cloth, then pad it with kitchen paper towels, I dun wanna feel it!!!

I think I'm afraid of nearly everything except for beetles.. I thot I am improving but seems not.

afcai

Hi Alan Swan,
hmm blue lanterns....wow piang, a great idea keeping lizard as pet, I will faint then.

Hi styloBB,
try to scope the lizard or other insects up with two pieces of paper, in this way, one won't contact the lizard with 'bare' hand(the eerie 'electric' feeling) even using toilet paper. that's how I scope those disgusting insect up and throw it into a plastic bag and wrapped it up.

I am wondering how come my dad manage to catch the lizard/cockroach with his own hand...yucks...

stylobb

afcai
Of course I will make my cloth/paper as thick as possible to minimise /felt/ contact in that sense!! You know, I always get the plastic bag ready,open it big, then dump it inside, tie it tight and must throw away immediately!
My dad is also not scared...

alan
What? Still gotta clear it? NO WAY!!

excalibur

StyloBB,

It's not really that bad to clear it, depending on the design of the lantern...
The better ones, you just twist open the base, pour the contents in the base away, and twist the base back in.
And the base is usually plastic...
Thicker and harder than tissue paper... ;)

ariny

U can rear small dogs as dogs hate the sight for crawling creature, it irritate the dogs. Alternatively, use a broom and a dustpan, sweep the lizard right down and sweep it to the dustpan, cover it with broom while you make ur way to the toilet bowl, and flush it off, remember to block any doorway if any to prevent lizard from escaping