Argh!! Lizards!

hello88

lui lui - when i mop the floor i also frequently see all those lizard shits around and just cant stand it. No maid at home to help in the housework so cant be doing all the housework everyday. I think no choice but to learn to 'accept' the lizards as part of the household.

jhoo

lui, u mean may have some more lizards playing hide and seek? Reli buay tahan those lizards and tot we are so free to clean their shit..

sha_wen

hi everyone, donno if this thread still active..anyway when i read this thread, i laughed and yet goose pimples appeared..i HATE LIZARDS AND SCARED ALSO!!! i used to sleep with all the windows closed didn't on a/c too..but my mum (every nite) now uses axe medicated oil to sprinkle some on the window ledges and the wall outside the winodw and they didn't come in...my place long long one time like 2 times a yr then got these creatures..my whole family including relatives all scared...baygon not very good if use in the long run,bad for health...use the medicated oil ..quite effective and economical...

afcai

Hi wendy,
that's true, baygon not gd. that's also a new idea to place medicated oil. my hse now got tiny cockroaches, bees and other insects. hubby & I always use the bottle which contain essence of chicken to trap them.

bamboo33

hi all, was surfing thru the forum and saw my favourite HATE word "lizards" and i clicked on it immediately!!
we are doing up our new resale flat and it's a corridor unit, there's a corridor lamp just outside one of our windows and viola! liz shit sprinkling on the ledge just beneath!! but everytime we come by to see the house at nite, we dun see any of them (??)...
thanks to wendy for the medicated oil suggestion!! my saviour! wonder if medicated oil comes in spray form... hmmm. :p

sha_wen

hi winnie,

my corridor outside also has a lamp but no lizrds cos the corridor is also my mum's problem .she will spray baygon at the light and also the neighbors' when they are not at home..

bohluiliao

Hi all,

oh yes this thread is still active but it was so long that i last post here.. pretty bsi with work.

Well, what i can say is that lizards at times crawl in to your house does not mean that your house is infested with those pests. They normally come from somewhere (prob other house unit whom they are rearing pests i guess) that crawls in.

2 nights ago, my wife noticed a big cockroach on our mastbed rest area! I wanted to use masking tape to tape it but didnt stick that well. So use my trust worthy newspaper rollup and start whacking it. Pull the entire bed out so that it will not crawl underneath..

Heng, manage to kill it else my wife insist she sleep the other room till i catch it.. haha..

Anyway, medicated oil may work but i dont like those greasiness that it leave behind and u may have to clean it thereafter or the day after. I strongly believe that lizards and cockroachs comes from other house unit whom they seldom do cleaning and it may be breeding ground for them. So we LL we suffer.

Well compared to those private house you may have rats or other domestic pest! Worse right?

At times my place got those funny insects flying in.. haiz.. some ones i usually get my dog to chase or eat it :p other than that most of the time i am the one killing it..

Wonder got retribution or not for so much pest killing in span of 5 months

afcai

hmm....now my hse got no lizard but got flying cockroach, insects, kind of golden beetle and soft leg spider in my hse. my hubby will use those essence of brand bottle to trap them.

bohluiliao

yeah...same goes to me.

No more lizards (hopefully i dont speak too soon) but those funny insects do visit us occasionnally though.

Smaller insects when i do my vacuuming, i will suck them all in.. hahaha.. at least my vacuum is bagless can throw thereafter.

sha_wen

hi luilui and the rest,
place medicated oil around ur window area..just drip some on the wall outside the window grilles.helps..i don't drip in the hse of cos.
rgds

angtan

Hi,
I used the "medical oil method" and so far no lizard appear in my house (touch wood) , I dap some on the cotton and "mop" it all around the window grills keke!!

do it once a week or so.. guess quite effective leh!

Mrs Ang

blurbaby

i scare of lizards... and i wanted off from my place... should try the medical oil method... so just use cotton and dap on the external window area? izzit like that?

Can advise me?

Thank you.

chocolatier

Hi all
I just moved into my new hse for barely 3mths, and encountered lizzies twice...once in my oven, and another time, on my passageway's ceiling.
Not sure if they are the same one. Was shocked to find one in the oven. Tried trapping it with the sticky trap but it didn't work.
On the 2nd sight, I tried vacuuming it but it dropped onto floor and scampered into the shelves...argh...
Hate lizzies!! Told my hubby not to open the small top windows liao...We got a L-box, and I can't stand them breeding in there...

blurbaby

hermit,

is it true... i thought our place there no lizards...

omg... think i got to close all windows... in the oven? for me if i saw it, i don't want to use the oven again..

How they breed in the L box?

angtan

Hey, use those cotton that for facial purpose, drip Axe oil on to it (make sure it soak in) then "mop" to round the windows. especially corners!

I tell you, even bygone they not scared one! Terrible!

For L box, we did that kind that no "hole" , so that no rooms for lizard or dust
happy.gif

Anybody hav even better ideas? Please share here!!

Mrs Ang

blurbaby

Mrs Ang,

so if the L Box is inverted then will grow n breed izzit?

if just normal L Box.. How it breeds? *Blur*

Soak n mop the windows corner is outside or inside?

angtan

ahBlur,
Cos u Blur, i show you a picture to explain to you..haha!

The one on the left where you see spot light shines out from the gap.. is one that possibly lizard will bleed tere n dust CONFIRM will collect tere..
Whereras the right ones , when you jus see flat but with steps L Box on the ceiling with downlights/spot lights is a safe one cos no room for lizard or dust..

479813.jpg

Mrs Ang

samily

My apartment is 3 years old and so far only one stray lizard after 2.5 yrs. Also killed one mosquito in three years. Hope to share my research/observation on pest prevention. My previous apartment was invaded by pests (lizards, mosquitos) which created a lot of frustrations which leads me to a careful study of pest prevention in my new apartment. Hope I can share my success with folks out here.

a. avoid dark furnitures - mosquitos and pest have natural survival instinct to camouflag themselves.
b. when design your apartment or furnitures, avoid creating corners that the eyes can't see. Corners that your eyes can't see are nests to them. If possible, get build-in furnitures instead of buying them 'cause build-in furnitures do not have a gap between the furniture and the wall. Eg. get a build-in wardrobe instead of buying one 'cause the gap between the wardrobe and the wall are excellent hiding place for pests.
c. avoid painting dark colors - pest tend to shunt away from bright places as they are more vulnerable
d. close windows and doors if no one present. My kitchen windows are opened only when I am cooking, once I finished cooking, I close them. Likewise for my living rooms and other rooms. When no one present in day, they are close. At nite, when we are sleeping, they are closed.
e. seal doors completely. The gap between the doors and the floor is where pest can creep into your house, get rubber seal to seal the door gaps. They are also great for dust prevention and aircon leakage. Sealing your doors and windows is one of the major key in pest prevention.
f. Keep you room unclustered. Things of no use, store them. An uncluster and bright room is repelling to pests. Also, if a pest is found, they can be exterminated easily in an unclustered and bright room since they have nowhere to hide.

I have zero problem with large croacoaches in last 3 years. One case of small croacoaches where I turn my kitchen over to locate the nest.

Ants - they are the hardest to battle. Everytime I see an ant, I trace to the hole and seal up the hole. They will find another hole and I have to repeat. The will disappear for a few months and then come back. It is an on-going battle.

Sometimes I heard lizards making noises outside my windows, they give me creeps and I am glad they are not in my house.
Pest is something that we have to deal with in the tropics. However, with correct understanding, I believe they can be prevented.

All the best in securing your home against pests!

skylark29

i Hate LIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been killing them but worried abt karma too but really cant stand them~~!!!

today i just killed two!

smoky

learnt a trick - medicated oil!
y nobody invent spray type?

siao liao, whole hse must 'mop' with medicated oil. The hide in aircon, yaya crawl on my walls or cupboards in front of me ...... dont dare kill.

maple_egreen

Does medicated oil evaporates? If not, why dont we pour a whole bottle into a spray canister then got spray-medicated-oil liao loh?

maple_egreen

Another thing is will medicated oil spoil wooden door frames? Cos i want to spray on my main door and frames leh so that wont get them resting on my doorframes and dropping on my head when i open in the morning. Anyone know? Will damage wood or not?

afcai

I hate Lizard man....last week, when I opened my main gate to go out for work, the *&^^ creature dropped on my arm and then I quickly shake it again. luckily, I wore jacket wor...or else...anyway, that poor creature and also myself got shock and scared too.

Hee..just post some 'digusting' photos of the poor creature trapped inside this container by my hubby. my gar giggled (but also indicated scared scared action) when she saw this.

660431.jpg

shice1

hmm... just moved in for 1 month.. and i just saw a baby lizard a couple of days ago!! haiz.. First unwelcomed creature in my house.. before that i spray baygon on the outside of all my windows.. not sure if this actually led the lizard to come into my house to stay.. =(

now that the lizard is in my house, if i put the medicated oil, will the lizard be scared and stay within my four walls and not go out??

babypie33

hi, seems like this thread is quiet. my hse also infested with lizards! URGH!
bought lotsa traps and lemon grass to trap/avoid them. my friend even borrowed me those burner with lemongrass scent!

this afternoon i just bought a lizard spray.... hope to prevent them from coming into my hse!

afcai

now, my hse so far did not see any lizard (touch wood). only hseflies. I captured 4-5 per week when I was consuming my meal. hsefly are blind one esp at night. so to capture them, need to use transparent plastic bag then slowly move twd them....there' sone goes, bingo....

peachbloom

hi Mrs Multi tasker, can i ask, your eggshells, are these washed or unwashed? u just break into half n then leave them around?

sassynsweet

did anyone tried those mechanial box that traps cockroach and lizard?
i just saw this in the wet market and was wondering does it work...