Anyone resigned without a job

suelynn

thanks gals, it really upsets me alot. Sometimes I tink must be something wrong with me. Dunno y so tough to find jobs..... Going to become depression soon..... This thread really gives me encouragement!

tinkle> same like me previously I OT n wk on sats, go hm too tired to send resume. I once had to cancel my leave to go bk to wk.

So sick ald. Nvr regret leaving the plc but sad I still cant get a job

wawa_piggy

well, actually since so many r unhappy about abt current jobs. why doesn't anyone decide to come together and start their own business? *wink..*
happy.gif

interrace

Hi tinkle,
U so honest during ur interview ar? i wanted to say i got practically nothing much to do in my current job if i ever go for interview, but i dun noe how wise that reply is or how they will view that reply.so did u get a pay cut ? since u moved from cust to admin ?

Hi crown,
tks for the advice, actually i dun mind contract, but the things is, i dun even have agency to call me and ask me to try contract jobs,guess due to the flooding of new grads?

Hi suelynn,
i understand how u feel, after a while, u will start to wonder if you have made a mistake to quit or is there really smthg wrong with u on a personal level, but the truth is, there is nothing wrong with u loh, is just that now is the employer mkt, so they got many many choices to made, thus will take longer time for us(employees) to get a job.so hang in there!!

Hi wawa_piggy,
tot of it, but no $$ and biz is a huge risk to take, unless we have a niche mkt to target, if not, it is quite hard.
who dun wanna be their own boss?

tinklestar28

Hi interrace...
actually it was the recuitment consultant who taught me to say that... i also felt that it might be good for the interview to understand why u are really leaving.. if there's no job prospect and sitting at the counter doing nothing, i think the interviewer can understand...
i took a 30% paycut when i took up the customer service job... the new admin job actually pay me much better than the customer service job...

girlfriend

i know perm positions dont necessary mean u r secured but at least you get to enjoy the perm benefits. As contractors, I feel I do as much work as the perm staff and even today I resigned as a contractor, they'll hire another person to replace me so it is not those typical temp job, it's just unfortunate that they dont have perm headcount.

hai~... actually i'm thinking quite far ahead, if i dun get a perm job, i wont haf maternity benefits & haf to stay at home 3 months (without pay) if I'm pregnant, that's pretty depressing.

Moreover the job market discriminate married & married with kids woman, I've employers who asked me, so you are married, when r u planning to start a family? Things like that......

I still cannot find a reason to explain why I want to leave my perm job for a contract job..hahhaha any ideas ladies?

suelynn

thanks interrace! I sometimes really starts to tink wat is the problem with me, issit i got unlikable face or my resume nt gd enuff for them etc.

I oso worried wait by time have baby i still got no perm job, then i lose out on maternity n those benefits.... Then wat if after rom they ask me am I planning to start a family n dropped me cos I have high possibility of going for maternity leave... Imaginations run wild

do biz easy but to make $ nt easy. We need to work 7 days a week. No $ no tok also...

girlfriend

anyway i m still praying to God that they will convert me to perm in my current company cos I m hired under temp to perm basis but v unforunate that company is undergoing restructuring & headcount is frozen!

*pray*

suelynn, dun b surprised that they ask this awkward qn.

suelynn

girlfriend, will keep u in prayers! I have God will nt forsake us....kkekeke. well, I kanna such sway situation in my previous company. Timing is very impt lo.

fam

Hi suelynn, I found a better job liao... Tml going to start work. Hopefully is really good lor...

freeze

oh jolin, thanks for replying... oh so its a shop space huh...not a pushcart... btw bugis village is the one outside bugis junction right? not the one inside the bugis junction atrium...

marie

dear all,

jus wanna say that dun give up on your job search, me found a job after a 2-mths search, hope is still there, take care
happy.gif

sun16

this thread really gives me some encouragement to continue my search. have been searching for 2 mths already and only got 1 interview. was thinking of quiting w/o a job too... but tot twice...

I am actually thinking of a career switch so I guess it is even more diffcult to find one...
sad.gif

nutty

Do you all think that employers will take advantage of the fact that we are unemployed and thus give us a paycut in the next job? If so, will you accept?

smurfy

hi gals,

My company looking for contract accounting staff. I posted the job details in Job Opportunities.

Please go and take a look if you are interested.

girlfriend

hi ladies, i'm out of my current predicament. Going to start afresh in Jul.

I must say God is good! Those who are still searching for a job, dun give up hope!

ahfaye

hey gals!

anyone of you searching for job? audit and compliance job.. degree holder only.. anyone intereted please let me know yea!

thanks!

hello

Hi All,

I have been out of job for 5 months already. Went to a few interviews but all no response at all. I still have a 4 months old baby to look after, and I feel that our job market is really still too bad....

Sometimes feel quite disheartening :C

girlfriend

hi Steve, did u resign without a job or got retrenched?

Did u try looking for temp/contract jobs?

I find that its pretty easy to find temp/contract jobs, have u tried?

Last but not least, dont give up hope! God bless.

suetan

angie> need any experience?? I m not accounting by training lei...

steve> try all ways n means to secure any interviews possible. I have been jobless for almost 3 mths b4 I end up with this contract jobs. Take up temp n let them noe u looking for perm n take leave to go for interviews. But best still dun get temp cos most prob u end up stuck there for long time. If no choice jus work 1st n see.

hello

Hi girlfriend,

I resigned without a job and not got retrenched. In fact, I was with the retail line previously, but b4 tat, i was in the banking line.

So after working in the retail line for sometime, I found tat i dont really have any life cos Sat, Sun, Public holiday i need to work. I found sometimes I dont have much time with my wife and family members, tats why I decided to leave retail line and i managed to find a banking job again.

But after joining them, my colleagues juz threw a lot of things to me making me work at least 12 hours a day. And yet she herself went for lunch for 2 hrs and i juz went for 30mins. Sometime i busy until i went for lunch at 3pm. Tats really made me veri angry, tats why i decided to quit without a job and let her suffered by herself.

I also sent out a lot of rsume to jobs' agencies, but not even one reply. In fact i dun mind working temp or contract but juz got no chance at all.

Hi Suelyn,

I even wrote to some companies directly to self recommend myself with a cover letter and resume but still no news at all.

By the way, any excuse to give when asked by the interviewer why I quited without a job?

Sometimes i thk luck also veri important.

girlfriend

ic steve, did u speak to your boss regarding your colleagues or u just assume that your boss knew and treated it as nothing happens?

I must say I am pretty fortunate, after resigning from my perm job without a job, I found a contract job & was doing contract job for almost a year, I did look for perm jobs on & off but no good offers come by.

Recently, I have found a perm job though its far away from my house, I still took it up cos its a good experience and a fresh start. For married woman, it's also v impt to have a perm job to enjoy maternity benefits.

Hence, Suelynn dont give up hope. Even your contract job experience counts. As long as u prove that u r worthy, you will be offered as a perm.

Steve, is it because your resume is not "colorful" enough? I remembered when I was in my perm post, I tried to send resume but I didnt get a single interview @ all. When I resigned, I sat back & thot about my resume, I put in some effort to it, surprisingly i've been granted quite a few interviews. Anyway no offence, jus a thot.

Most importantly dont give up hope! Think of your family....

Reason for resigning without a job, I think it is better to tell the employer the truth that you have been badly exploited by your ex company. Not that you are calculative but you also need a life of your own!

hello

Hi girlfriend,

I didnt tell my boss cos my colleague has been with the company for 9 years and if I approched the boss, its seem that I am telling tales. So it will be even harder for me to survive in it. So better to go loh.

In fact my resume was a HR friend who helped me with it. One of the interviewer also compliment my resume said that it was quite well done, so I thk maybe luck is not with me :C

momopo

hi all, i was reading thru n this thread caught my eye. i don't have the courage to quit without a job as i need the money but i haven't been able to find a new job for about 4 mths already...
sad.gif

electra

Hi ya, we are in the same boat minty... and know what...i've decided to quit... finally... after 4 yrs stick to this job... but enough is enough... 1 aug will tender... then will have plenty of time to attend interview .. if there's any luck...

;)

papermoon

hi all, i've not been working for 3mths and my income comes from my FH and partially from winning 4D (every month) so still can tide over.

happielee

Hi Steve!
Don't give up, I am sure you will find another employer who will appreciate your effort n talent.
I've quitted my job without getting one too and have been taking it as a sabatical as i've been slogging for past few yrs,can u imagine 14hrs day everyday!
I realised money is not everything as i lost my social life n health in the process.
So just keep positive n know that there are gd bosses out there,it's only a matter of time be4 you meet them
happy.gif

cheerio

my ex-boss once tell us, during our gathering after he quits, that during his uni days (he is in his early 30s so the uni days not like stone age time lah
biggrin.gif
)one of his lecturers used to tell them that never quit without a job coz if you do, you are either perceived as irresponsible or you are in a lockup for not working for a period of time.. hahahaha..

But he said that nowadays when he interview for staff, it is not uncommon to come across candidates who quite without a job, their reason sometime is just to take a break.. so I guess it is not that difficult to explain the disappearing act as long as you sounded sincere enough, most importantly show enthusiasm in the new job..

Jia You!
bounce.gif

cheerio

helo.. helo..
where are all the comrades who quit without a job? I might be joining the wagon soon.. feel so burnt out, and totally sian of what I am doing.. *sigh*

thought maybe just dong until get my bonus, but that's 3 more months, think I buay dong liao
kao_dizzy.gif

cheerio

harlow Bright, jia you!jia you!
I am also thinking of throwing in the letter leh.. have been sending out tons of resumes but no news yet.. *sian*
then scared that resign already cannot find a job, so still stuck here.. sigh..

how long have you been idling at home?
kao_smile.gif
feeling the pressure yet?

bright

ya... feeling the pressure but trying to keep my spirit up...
look at my nick... i m trying to be bright... heehee...

I have been monitoring my new house renovation, preparing for my wedding, clean up some stuff and at the same time, kept sending resume....
sigh........
went for a few interviews... however, receive nil news since last week.
kao_cry.gif

serene_ho

i just resigned without a job...im happy but alot of uncertainty. i really cant stand my current co anymore.

Could anyone give their input to what this situation could mean:

im supose to go for a 2nd interview yesterday but they cancel last friday saying one of the key interviewer is busy and will call me back this week to reschedule. could that mean they've hired another.

cheerio

dear Bright, *pat pat* let's brace ourselves, don't despair, we will just keep looking.. if really can't find anything permanent, do some temp first, or maybe part-time jobs? at least our daily expenses are covered, the savings will not dwindle so fast right
kao_smile.gif

anyway, if you feel stress at work and still got so many things to look after you sure cannot take it one..

harlow serene, no lah, the way I see it is its just simply because that key person is really not available loh, if they have hired someone else why would they want to keep it from you right? don't imagine things, when you are anxious you will tend to think excessively..

may the force be with us
kao_wink.gif

serene_ho

Cheerio

thanks, at least i feel ok after reading your post. Yah youre right im feeling abit anxious cos of uncertanties, but overall still glad about my decision.

I will be more proactive and call the other job to see when the 2nd interview will be

bright

Yup Cheerio...
Got to be positive. I believe that we will find a job in the end.. but i guess that there are fewer offers and interviews.... so kinda worried...

Yup Serene, I agree with Cheerio... they will call you back. No worries. Happen to me at times.

cheerio

I am thinking if really can't find a full-time job, probably can take up a part-time one first, then the rest of the day probably can do something to enrich ourselves or just do some hobby, won't be so bad until can't afford our basic necessities lah, but probably cannot buy stuff loh.. at least we can have sometime to relax our mind and recharge..

JIA YOU! JIA YOU!
kao_kiss.gif

serene_ho

Hi just an update, i went for the 2nd interview yesterday. after the interview i felt kind of confident but when i got home and think about i dont feel confident anymore. I am really hoping to get this job becos the pay will be much higher than my current wich i have resigned. sighhhh!

bright

an update: I've went to some interviews but have not heard fr them thereafter... strangely, all of them called me up this week either offering me the position or asking me for the 2nd interview. I've rejected 2 offers and is going for a 2nd interview at a firm that i like and might also accept an offer that was offered to me.
Suddenly, i feel more positive as compared to last week.... I wish everyone all the best... n like cheerio said... jia you jia you