Anyone resigned without a job

babystar

hi gals,

i also tender w/o a job coz i cant stand my lady superior~~~~~sighz

been sending my resume to many job agencies, jobstreet and jobsdb etc BUT few response, not to mention interviews
sad.gif

Quite demoralised now~~~~~

Is it really that tough to get a good job?
Does our married status affect our chances?
sad.gif

interrace

Hi Babystar,

How long u been looking ard?
Is not marriage status, looking for job requires lotsa patience...my frd who is married, got herself a job while on the job ..so shows nothing to do with marriage status, though she got her share of qns on when she planned to get pregnant and have babies..
keep ur spirit up ..do something to unwind from the "stress" of looking for a job ...enjoy not working..then u might have interviews soon ..just keep posting..
happy.gif

babystar

Hi interrace,

i juz tendered only, so serving my 1month notice....they did ask me to stay BUT i think i seriuosly dun wan to work with this stupid lady boss who's unreasonable, not understandin n worst requires me to spoonfeed her n let her claim credit for work done!

I've started lookin ard since Feb'05 n been sending a lot of resume in Mar'05, mayb have 40 liao
sad.gif

faive

Hi baby star, I also intend to quit after my wedding next month. same reason cos' I simply cannot tahan my boss. she is always picking at mi...say that i am not focus, make many mistakes, blah blah...she also make mistakes and just brush it off by asking me to correct them for her...wah lau...mi sometimes feel like saying her back, but i <ren> cos' mi don want to make a scene in the office...*sigh* furthermore, my co. is going thru' restructuring and mi and her move into another dept. Realli feel depressed, and every day i just drag myself into office...the happiest time of the day will be lunchtime and 5.30pm...
sad.gif

I had been sending out resumes since last month. But so far, only went for 2 interviews...I think the market is quite tough now, and unless you have relevant experience and low expectation (salary), i think chances may be quite low...

I had never quit w/o a job, so i am quite worried that i may also get demoralized if i really cannot find a suitable job asap. my FH is supportive, but he hopes too that i can find a job before i leave...plus the fact that i dont have a lot of savings cos' the wedding prep already burnt a big hole in my pocket.
sad.gif

so u gals think i shd still <ren> or should i quit and work temp/contract first???

sudden

It is crucial to know why you wanna quit; What you want from the next job/career.
Consider this.... will you stay if your employer:
pays you more
plans a proper career path with you
If yes to either, talk to your boss. Easier said than done? Not so!
If you cannot even tell your boss what you want, then you will never get it. Not at your current job, and not at the next job. Don't be that person who keeps quiet and hope that people will know what you want.
Eventhough a prostitute hates her job, at least she names her price.

I had an absolutely abusive boss. He'd 'ask about your parents' regularly ("M****r-F****r"). No give face. Empty promises. Mounting responsibilities. Hardly ever get to see the weekday sunset. More than 10 people came and left in the 3 years I was there. Now that I think back, I should have voiced out much earlier.
One day, I decided to tell him that he cannot offer me what I deserve. So, I am going to continue fulfilling my duties here while I find another job. He was (a little) stunned.

I felt GREAT! From that day, I put in what I felt my pay deserved. Don't get me wrong. I didn't short-change the company. In fact, quite the opposite. I continued to make changes; improvements for the company and MYSELF! Coincidentally, offers from other departments started pouring in. I was flattered. Within 2 months, I (very luckily) found another job, and left.
To this day, no hard feelings towards the company and boss. Everything was handled professionally.

Remember that there will ALWAYS be unhappiness at EVERY job. You hold the key to your own happiness. Correct the problems, dislikes, hurdles that are within your control. If you avoid them, they will re-surface at your new job.

cheerio

never quit without a job,firstly you will lost your bargaining power, unless you got lotsa savings to live on, secondly the potiential co. will ask you why you quit without a job, they might be skeptical and you might jeorpadise your chance..

interrace

however there are pros to quiting first cos u will have the advantage of being readily available than those who need to serve one mth notice.is true that we will not have the bargaining power, however we still can try.
cos if we prove ourselves, then they will definately reward us in some ways rite...provided they do recognize us for the hard work we put in.

i have already tok to my boss abt my lack of work load, but nothing been done.
sad.gif

babystar,one mth is not long....job search requires luck and patience....u still serving ur notice, so still not that bad.
i was stuck at home for 3 mths before i got a job last yr.hee..but i enjoyed it though i do admit to giving in to negative tots now and then but am just glad to be employed at the end of the day.
so cheer up...
happy.gif

lonely

Hi Everybody,

i also recently left my job w/o finding a new job. Reason cos mine is a veri sales base job so lousy me cant hit the sales target and got to be kicked out. somemore they told me to go on my birthday!! wah my company realy treated me to a good feast of "you yu" on my B day.

Haha!! but anyway, like some of u here, i have also left 2 jobs w/o a job. this small family business thing boss did some harrassement. he actually zipped up his pants in front of me 3 times, cannot take it, work there 3 months an quitted.

Now still searching.. just want to say, dun worry, there are lots of us out here who left the current job w/o another job.. so cheer up : )

tinklestar28

hi everyone...
glad to know so many of us here hates our job... just curious, r u grads (local/overseas)? i m a local grad myself and had quit without a job last year... i was jobless for 3 mths before i find my present job... i had to take a 30% pay cut... have been trying very very hard to find another job for the past two months and rushing to interviews in between working hours... anyone with the same problems?? y is it so tough to find a job???
sad.gif

interrace

teaching also dun want me leh ..i tried to apply before..but was rejected..so sad..
me not local U grad.. so cannot related, by right local U-grad should get a job easily ..

tinklestar28

not really... it also depends on the degree and job experience u have... i started off as hr in govt sector... but private sector dont recognise my years of experience... so sad....

interrace

i dun noe pte sector got these kinda rules...but dun be too negative..so far i do find luck have got to do with job search ..so keep urself happy and esp. during interviews...then a good job will soon come ur way ..
happy.gif

bosx

Hey all,

I also tender my resignation letter last month without a job on hand. I am in IT sector and a local grad. I think its not hard to find jobs in IT line in singapore. But the job really sucks!(my opinion). really cant tk it. too much stress, OT till very late etc. i am really enjoying every moment right now, doing things that i have no time to do, intending to tk sone course to upgrade myself. By upgrading myself, i am sure i can compensate for the loss of the bargaining pw of not having a job on hand and hopefully go to the sector i am interested in. yeap i think if u worked in govt sector, its kinda of hard to get into the pte sector too i feel. but dont worry i think the economic is getting better, more jobs are coming esp the construction of the 2 IRs.

sudden

My 2¢ worth.

In my first attempt to quit, I blatantly told my then boss that I was leaving without a job. I wasn't seeking sympathy. I was merely 'telling' him how much I hated the job, the environment, the boss. I felt liberated.

Please do not see that you are at the losing end, if you quit without a new job.
That being said, you MUST know what you want in the next job, and if you are qualified for it.

Your potential new employer may wanna know why you quit without a job. Be prepared with an intelligient answer. ie lie........ Don't just tell them, "I hated my boss..."
It is important to know that you do not lose any bargaining power even if they know you left without a job. Again, put your story telling skills to good use.

After the interview with my current employer, I called them on every alternate day to follow-up (bug them to give me a confirm answer). I told them that I was keen to join them immediately, but I also had other offers on hand that were chasing me for a reply. (What a lie.....)
This story kinda made them more anxious (and put me in a better position to negotiate pay), but it could easily have back-fired. So, be careful if you choose this tactic.

negw13

bosx,
I also intend to quit my IT job without a job. Should not be difficult to find another job but having been in this line for quite a while, felt that it I can't stay in this line for long term, like what you have said, stressful, OT, mine is worst, need to travel, and haven't got any increment for a few years already. Wanted to quit but not sure what I want to do next, as in how to go about doing the career switch as I am not sure what I can do. Headache hor.. need to carefully think and plan the next step.

pink_ice

Hi all,

Found this thread, so decided to share my experiences and unhappines on why i quit.... I hv tendered without a job too. And now enjoying life... taking a break first before proceeding to the new job, but at the same time keeping a lookout ard.... Boss wana me to stay but i rejected, he hv been very sad fm the day i tendered... But no choice cos my dept got one "old and wicked auntie" who hv been there for more then 20 yrs.... old enuff to be my mother manz... but then stil jealous of young gals... 4 years back when i join this co. she commented to my sales manager, why everytime must employ pretty ones???? Ridiculous rite!? Only recently when im leaving liao then my sales manager told me this... She is reali a "xiao ren" and is on bad terms with everyone, pity her cos she hv no frenz, no matter whether u r her only lunch partner everydae but she will surely gossip bou u too, in fact she hv gossip bou everyone single person in the office to me when i was ignorant and just joined this co. she will only be very happy when all pple are on bad terms and she hv suceeded in creating troubles for all pple, she is so pityful cos she is very unbalanced!!! Can u imagine that she goes ard telling pple that last time her husband got affair and then she dnt care? I dnt understand what is she trying to prove telling pple all this? A normal person will not go ard telling pple their sadness rite? As what i tink "jia chou bu ke why yang" correct? And she neber tink that how would the husband feels if he knows about this rite? She hv been so jealous of me that i can get along with most pple and goes ard telling pple untrue gossips bou me... Due to her husband's affair hv made her unblanced, she always curse all pple to hv unhappy marriage too. If she knows that whose relationship is very happy, she will try to influence them and poison their mind in tinking they will ended up like her, she is reali wiced enuff to tell my pregant colleagues that their husbands will go hv affair cos they cant hv sex and satify their husbands when pregant! ... During a recent oversea D&amp;D co. trip together, i din know the place very well cos first time so followed her and the family to walk ard... She can argue and quarrel and say the husband in front of us colleagues when we were hvg dinner at the jpn restaurant, neber give face even when the kids also ard, i just tinking maybe if was bcos of sometime like this that no wonder the husband hv an affair, cos the husband was reali a very patient man, even she argue he will just answer and somemore can tok to her nicely... Aiyo, sometimes, im outsider i hear oredi oso cannot tahan her... so rude and attitude toking to her husband. After that trip, the husband commented to her that im a charming pretty lady who knows how to communicate with all kinds of pple so sure got lotsa guyz like wan, then she agreed... then later she told my colleague bou this conversation then somemore wana make my colleagues jealous of me too and she say ya, i charming pretty lady no wonder the bosses got charmed by me that why all so good to me? Ridiculous!!! Bosses need pple who can work not gossip. Then i suddenly recalled that why she hv rejected me even without checking with the husband saying her husband bz doin other tinks already. That was when i wana offer her husband an biz opp knowing her husband got retrenched and is jobless, but the fact is she was scared that the husband is too near me and might fall for me especially after he made that comment. But i tink she was too childish and stupid eunuff to tink that way to abstract him into making more money for the family. In fact, she was jealous that i hv the chance to fly to overseas head office for business trip before and she did not as a old senior staff. haa... I still rememeber how she dismoralised me fm goin when everyone else encouarge me to go, and behind my backs, she tells tales and gossip about how i charm my bosses... i hv try not to step on her bcos i tout must respect her cos she is senior but she tinks im scare of her, she is simply just not worth of my respect at all. Childish old women!!! My last days in office, she still dnt wana let go, still keep trying to see and arrow anytink on me bor... Bt lastly i hv chosen to leave was bcos "wo bu xiang ge ta yi ban jian shi" i still hv a whole new wonderful world outside... She is wicked enuff to always cursed pple that why must some pple be so wicked and wana scheme against other pple, she tinks that by telling pple so, no one will tink she is bad but she is totally wrong, everyone noes of her wicked character. She is the best actress in the co. bcos when boss is ard she will be the most bz and hardworking worker! But when bosses not ard, she goes ard other dept to chichat wif pple, make coffee and read newspaper, goes for early lunch, call up her frends and chichat so loud and everytink that u can imagine! She oso always cursed other pple that oredi half leg in the coffin dying oredi still so narrow minded wif all tinks in life, she dnt realise that she is ctually cursing herself too. She takes tinks too hard and all these is going to be an illness, due to her husband affair she hv been unblanced and neber seeks medical attention and now it getting fm bad to worse. I believe the famliy dnt realise any difference in her cos in front of her kids she was a caring mother. And her husband probably tinks that its his fault that she is treating him like that. But it much more serious then that, one fine day she is goin to breakdown and bcum mentally unstabled! Im not cursing her but sad for her and her family if the day comes.....

Thanks alof for reading mine post.... din realise it was such a long one actually...

*** I stongly believe that good pple will get rewarded and bad &amp; wicked pple will get retribution ***

~ May GOD bless you all~

bubu

Hi All,

I quitted without a job before too.
It was such a torture to go to work then.I even had nightmares.I complained so much everyday until my husband also got nightmare.
REALLY very scary nightmare.He dreamt that he has to beg my ex-boss for a job.... So deppressing....

Im glad its over.Come to think of it now,I dunno how I work there so long....... Well it seemed so long...
Thank GOD its over!!!

fam

Hi All,

Just saw this thread. I've also recently quitted w/o a job. Now I'm just relaxing at home and like bosx, doing the things that I nv had the time to do before. It's quite 'scary' to go for other interviews when u can't find any lie or excuses on why u left ur job. cant say that the boss is really stingy or i hate that super bossy colleague rite. Especially now that i'm jobless, the only income comes from my husband! Furthermore, we are going to engage and ID to renovate our new house. Abit stupid to just quit like that on a time like this. I just hope that i can settle down in my new house b4 finding another job. Now, i feel like i'm packing my luggage everyday travelling from my house to my husband's house, and the next day, his to mine! How to find a job properly like that?!? T.T

faive

hi doris,

i oso hv intention 2 quit after my AD. i just cannot tahan my boss anymore. she is always in this PMS stage...and when i talk back to her, she will keep arguing non-stop. tatz why i hv decided to quit. but i m a bit worried abt when i will be able to find my next job. i hv never quit w/o a job throughout my career. i fear tat i will suffer from depression or inferiority shd i find a job tat pays lower than wat my peers r getting...*sigh* realli sick of these tots nowadayz esp since the "date" is drawing nearer...

fam

hi faive,

Thanks for the reply. Anyway, Initially i wanted to quit after my ROM, so that things will not look so 'pai seh'... (which is end of March) Who knows, 3 weeks before my ROM, I quarrel with that colleague then I hand the letter out of spite. Before that, I had already given everybody in the office my invitation cards for the ROM buffet. It really don't look good if everyone knows that u are getting married, then u give 1 mth notice 3 weeks bfore the big day, then straight away 1 week after is ur last day of work. I find it a torture to go through that 1 month. But now quite relaxing la... When I'm at my own house, I surf internet the moment I wake. Then when I'm at my HB's house, I will wake at 9.30am then take bus/cab to the mall near my house for macdonalds then to the library etc... And also loads of time to look at all the Renovation mags and surf for info. Well, since 2 of my friends are also looking for a job rite now, i dun feel that lonely.

wateraine

Hi all

I'm quite sick of my job with deadlines to meet for the whole company project (have to manage temps, work till 9.30 almost 3 days a wk and even work full day on sat).

Feel like quitting but afraid that i can't find a job. Be getting married in Jun and feels like giving a mth's notice in May.

Sigh! Though FH said it wld be better to concentrate on finding job if i quit, my heart is heavy. Dun like my present job, boss is terrible and expects us to be a workaholic. Is that easy to find a job? I really dread the days of being without a job.

faive

hi doris, i got frenz that hv currently quit their job too. but unlike mi, they hv no family commitments cos' still single. mi quite scared of staying @ home and becoming depressed over why i could not get a job...maybe cos' now u hv ur hse reno 2 occupy ur time, so u hv some "ji tuo"...

hi ling, looks like we r in the same boat...the onli diff is tat my job is not tat bz. in fact, we just hv a reorg and mi moving into another dept, which is not wat i want to do. realli sianz. on top of tat, my boss is not making things any better for mi lor. mi hv been sending several resumes (lost count liao) out for the past 1 month...still no reply....
kao_sad.gif

fam

Hi Ling, my last job is like that. But I hate working OT... So i just find excuses most of the time. Cos shortage of ppl more busy. Lucky for that bossy colleague, she like to earn OT money so almost everyday she want to OT one. I dunno whether its easy to find a job lei.. havent start. But for my 2nd last job, i also quitted without a job. I also dread going for interview. In the end, my HB drive me all the way to the interview places and force me to go in for interview. =X But for now, he's too busy to do that. Hehe... I can be a lazy pig for a while.
If u quit now ar. I think u can only find a job after ur wedding.. Cos wedding sure many things to do one rite??? I havent customary so i dun know.. But i see my friends all v busy one. Another point good is that if u 1 mth notice le, u can have more time before ur wedding to do planning... But these u have to decide see wad u want la... Or discuss again with ur FH.

Hi faive, yah, being single is quite ok to quit without a job. I'm ok now cos, my HB already buy the cheaper flat. If that time he go and buy that Executive Apartment ar, now i sure v stress to find a job one. Now with this cheaper flat, i can take my time to look for another job. Or if next time i pregnant, can dun need to work lor...
Now i have house reno to occupy my time, when house ok liao, future i quit again, i can stay home bake biscuit/cake ma... i like that...
i dunno whether i want to send resume anot rite now.. I'm abit scared of later they call me to go interviews... Maybe my character is more introvert. u married liao issit? If u stay at home got many things to do, maybe wont get depressed... that's what i thinking...

faive

hi doris, mmm...i think u r those homely type, like being a housewife rite? well, mi dont want to be a housewife. I like to work and meet new people. i'm not an extrovert, but i just like to be independent financially. also, i hate to do housework, so if i'm working, got excuse not to do all the housework...hehe...

yup, mi married liao, now bz w my AD prep. tatz why i m contemplating to quit onli after my wedding, since i still need the extra income, just in case we "lose $" on our AD. *sigh* also, i'm trying to save $ now so tat i can quit and still b comfortable w it.
happy.gif

maybe if i realli quit n don have a job, i can go learn baking with you...hehe. i love to eat biscuit/cake, so i dont mind learning to bake. besides i bot this baking and grilling oven, so must learn how 2 use too...hehe

marie

hi, came across this thread, tot i will like to share my experience too. i have quit without jobs before too, sometimes, it takes up to 6 months to get another job and in-between many months of no response in spite of many resumes sent out..

recently, due to company restructuring, again no job, this time is out of no choice... but i am comforting myself to take a break as i have been very busy and i can really see black hair coming back again haha.. maybe planning to have baby soon as i no longer young so i guess i will look for temp after that? anyhow, wish all would get your dream job soon

faive

hi marie, well i wish the company will retrench mi. at least mi will not be in dilemma as to whether 2 quit or not...but i know i will not stay long cos' sometimes realli get headaches and nitemares.

had already been sending out resumes, also rope in friends 2 look out. but till today still nothin, not even 1 interview...so sad.
sad.gif

marie

hi faive, thanks for your comforting words..

last time, when i was younger and single, i dun consider too much, if i dun like the job, i will just quit without job, guess i always trust i will find another better one
happy.gif

but as i get older, with more commitments, things are not that simple anymore. have to think of how to support yourself (to say the least) on top of all those bills...

but i guess at the end of the day, maybe you need to consider what are your priorities. which is impt to you: health? wealth? or other things impt to you. eg: headaches, nightmares vs enuf savings to tide you through how long and jus choose what you think is best...

how about talking to employment agencies? sometimes, they may have good jobs that are not advertised on papers.. international plaza has lots of them, hope it helps

faive

hi marie, txs for the tip. i had already posted several resumes to some employment agencies. but they also never reply le. my frien say i shd just barge into their office n give them my resume personally so that they will take note, since they receive so many resumes everyday...mmm...but mi don dare, scared will backfire as they make think tat i m realli very desperate...

well, i m satisfied w my current pay and workplace. the onli thin i cannot stand is my boss...she is the 1 who is giving mi nitemares. i am currently prep for my AD, so my savings are limited lor. maybe can tide mi over 3/4 months. but i hate the idea of asking pple (my hb) for $...cos i have always been workg and paying for my own expenses. and many times, i will like to buy things as and when i like cos they r my own $, but when u take pple's $, u hv 2 tink twice lor...which is something i don like.

so now, mi realli in dilemma...hopefully can find a job within next month. i hv even applied for contract position, but also no reply. *sigh*

faive

hi marie, txs for the tip. i had already posted several resumes to some employment agencies. but they also never reply le. my frien say i shd just barge into their office n give them my resume personally so that they will take note, since they receive so many resumes everyday...mmm...but mi don dare, scared will backfire as they make think tat i m realli very desperate...

well, i m satisfied w my current pay and workplace. the onli thin i cannot stand is my boss...she is the 1 who is giving mi nitemares. i am currently prep for my AD, so my savings are limited lor. maybe can tide mi over 3/4 months. but i hate the idea of asking pple (my hb) for $...cos i have always been workg and paying for my own expenses. and many times, i will like to buy things as and when i like cos they r my own $, but when u take pple's $, u hv 2 tink twice lor...which is something i don like.

so now, mi realli in dilemma...hopefully can find a job within next month. i hv even applied for contract position, but also no reply. *sigh*

fam

hi faive, actually i also like to earn my own money. so my hubby won't ask me where all his money go or why his money finish so fast. But staying at home feels good also leh... =X only like today, i too lazy to wash clothes. I will tell him that today i see the sky no sun how to wash?! hehehe... I also tell my hubby for the reno, i must have a complete set of kitchen items. Yest just telling him about baking cakes etc, then he keep looking at me. I ask him what he looking at, he say 'no lar. i thinking when u going to find a job...' omg. I hear that then i keep quiet liaoz. hehehe... I like to bake cake/biscuit... bUt prefer my hubby to wash up. I planning that next time i sunday then bake hor, when i finish then he go wash up! hahaha!!! cos sure he got nothing to do except play game. so he no excuse to say no. i really think i torture him sometimes.

hi marie, my thinking is just like ur thinking when u are younger and single. I also want to have a baby in a few years time. even now i'm quite young, my hubby not that young wor... must accomodate him. But nvmind. I can also find temp jobs if have baby. so can work shorter hours. think its quite good also. But where is international plaza i dunno leh....?

fam

hi faive, maybe u and my situation not the same, cos even when i'm working, my hubby still give me all the money. since my work is normally low paying, he also applied a sup card for me, for the past 2 months its been hitting over 1k plus. so now that i'm jobless, i need to cut back on it myself. otherwise my hubby need to find 2nd job to do at night liaoz... =X

BUt also, my hubby have always say that i use his money he happy. Sometimes its true, I feel bad buying everything for myself, when i buy clothes or socks for him, he scolds me for wasting money on those. usually i buy mags or those nonsense things, is on my own. i wont tell him. but like he bring me out every sunday, i just buy those that he like me to buy. Clothes! and only clothes. no cute stuff, no magazines. He thinks that clothes is everything that i need only. -_-

faive

wah lau...realli cannot stand my boss...just now kanna say again. i tink she got PMS again 2day.

a wk ago, i ask her how 2 use this system. i expect her 2 teach mi a little, but she just throw a big stack of file n give mi a CD to learn on my own. just now, she ask mi whether i know how 2 do this n tat? i say i hv read and try to use, but i don understand how 2 apply...straight away, she talk in her loudest voice and say why i never ask her...as usual, she was trying 2 embarrass mi in front of my other colleagues, and also 2 show other pple tat she is workg hard cos' she has been working on the system too...well, then why didnt she just show mi in the first place...*sigh* mi really buay tahan her liao...i tink i definitely will quit. i tink if i work under her any longer, i will lose all my self-esteem n confidence as a person...*sianz*

marie

hi faive, you may be right to say that you may lose your self-esteem and confidence if you continue working, but think again, if you quit without job, the same may happen..

as well, its not that bad about going to employment agencies. i pop by early this month, just say i need a job, most simply pass me their email address to send my resume in, only one bother to interview me and got one interview recently, waiting for their reply... so, the most you lose is one afternoon, but you may gain what you are looking for... just be a bit thick-skin ;)

sure, i would also like to spend what i earn also, cheers for the independent women!

hi doris, international plaza is just next to tanjong pagar mrt, relatively easy to find. lucky you to have such a sweet hubby! my hubby is also very supportive, and says he wants to give me some $, but i told him i dun need it yet, maybe wait till we have baby, then he can give me to spend on buying baby stuff. planning to have one soon, so would also have an excuse for not working
happy.gif

fam

Hi faive, ur boss pms so jialat ar. She quarrel with her husband every day issit... =X
I thinking if that's my colleague, I will sure say back to her that i did ask her is she never want to teach one. But this one is ur boss, so quite hard to talk back hor...?

hi marie, haiz, my hubby also everytime say if i quit, support me 1 or 2 months no problem one. But ar, everytime before I quit, he say 'eh, u should start looking for a job liao leh. u want to wait until u quit then find meh?'Always say this, dunno what he thinking.
Anyway, having baby really need to spend alot also. need to go for checkup, maternity clothes, then hospital fees... Baby born liao also. Need pampers, then the milk powder i heard from friends ar, something like 1 week 1 tin...
But now I just concentrate on looking at more design and renovation magazines first. other stuffs slowly then say... Otherwise I pre-reno breakdown, then later I pre-wedding breakdown and last is pre-natal breakdown... LOLz! j/k...
But come to think of it, life is really confusing... To many things to worry about. Hard to be carefree and without problems huh...

marie

hi doris, like what some people used to say "got work, no time, got $. No work, got time but no $$" guess it would not be a perfect solution no matter what.. tot about the $ expense part too, but sometimes really no good time, cos when working will be too busy and stressed to have baby, sigh*** one solution i can see, is to work temp while waiting for the baby
happy.gif

but for you, guess one by one, if not, too many breakdown ;)

hi faive, hope things will somehow turn out better for you
happy.gif

cookiecreamie

hi gals... just wondering, how long would it usually take for a prospective employer to contact you after an interview? Say, if they are keen to hire you? Will they call to tell you that you are not hired?

I just been to an interview last week but so far no news... my hopes diminishing with each passing days.

marie

hi c&amp;c, think probably they will take about 1-2 weeks. i oso have not got any reply yet, quite disheartening...

cookiecreamie

i'm wondering if i should give them a call but wouldn't it sound like i'm desperate for the job? oh well, I am but I'm having sleepless nights thinking about it... checking on my phone every few mins to see if I've missed any calls... hate it when it rings and it's those pesky credit card telemarketers...

Hope everyone gets lucky...

faive

hi C&amp;C,

i tink u can just give them a call to follow up...no harm doing tat, cos i always does tat. it may show the employers tat u r realli interested or enthusiastic, though u r realli desperate...just try 2 ask in a casual yet professional manner lor.

well, tomolo is sat liao. so look out for the recruit ad tomolo.

unicorn

hi doris,

hey i'd love to learn to bake cakes n cookies from u! always been interested in such things tho dun noe a single thing abt baking. cookg - stil cn la...simple dishes. but lazy...do alone no motivation...got khaki more fun...in fact hv thot of taking up cooking lessons...even asked my finace to join wif me. he said dun mind...but dunno how true lah!

mi oros in reno-planning stage. browsing decor mags, cracking head...eat, sleep n breathe hse design...yaya...faive gonna scold mi again (met up wif her last nite...she's a sweet young thing)...say i wanna move in soon, til now hvnt started! haha! hey doris, mayb we can share ideas. we can even do space planning tog. i LUUURVE it! last nite browse mag n plan til 7.30am tis morn! dat's how i m whn it comes to design. tis is not e first time. juz so absorbed tht din realised i forgot to sleep! my fiance say i can b id oredi! haha!

hey faive, dun b too stressed ovr ur job. if u nd to, juz quit. of course, u hv to first get ovr ur desire/nd to b financially independent. anyway it's juz for awhile. hm...stil got doris n i to keep u co! u noe i once worked under a male boss who hd pms almost 99% of e time. his office t/o super high. everydy gotta c his mood. damn xian. after abt 1.5-2 wks, i juz walked out..nvr to return. of course forfeit e pay la...but i din care! felt i din deserve to b treated tt way. not happy only 4-letter words flying in all directions. gosh! haha! horrible rite me? die! teach sweet faive bad...but seriously, i feel tht job cn always find again...juz a matter of time. if ur hubby doesnt mind supporting u for e time being, shld b ok lah! cn b tai tai lei!

faive

hi unicorn, so happi 2 c ya here again. did u rec'd my email on the corsages n weddg angbao box? mi goin w FH to IMM later 2 shop for more furn le...if u wan 2 join, sms mi hor.

n txs for ur comforting words. glad can still find some soulmates here 2 pour out my sorrows...hehe...mi can b tai tai, but a poor 1. cos' already dump a bomb on the weddin prep n hse...*sigh* realli don wan 2 quit, but "bi bu de yi" liao...

fam

hi all, today no time to talk here... me rushing out to go to bt timah plaza... to look at another ID that closes at 6pm!!! gotta run! see ya all tml!!!

fam

hihi faive &amp; unicorn!

I'm back! I manage to persuade my hubby to come back my house to sleep tonite... hehe... Only that I can't disturb him sleeping. So now I dun care about him, let him go sleep himself! But cannot complain alot about my hubby lar... He already v good to me liaoz. I no work, he still no problem with me using his money to give my mum abit of allowance. Anyway the money I give for my mum is a pittance to what my elder bro gives. But just the heart that matters lor i think... haiz, dunno can like that say anot. Can only blame that her daughter (me) 'mei you yong'! >.<

Anyway, unicorn, u like to bake too huh... I can bake but abit rusty now that its been some years I haven't touch an oven! But I would have a complete kitchen in my new flat to do all my cooking and baking. I like to be 'xiao nu ren' and serve my hubby. Last time I better to him. Everyday massage for him. Only nowadays too busy and tired liaoz. So he keep on asking when I going to give him massage... Haiz... Not I dun wan. Is I too tired liaoz. No strength left. >.<

I like to bake and cook lor. Only lazy to wash up when finished. But that one can let my hubby do. Maybe next time we can get together all and do baking??? If everything goes well for the reno, then by Jan I will start to bake pineapple tarts liaoz. Last time I still quite free, I go my neighbour's house to bake with her. Then we sell the pineapple tarts one. But recent years v busy. Mainly with dating then ROM and now buy house and reno. haiz, too many things to do, too little time.

Anyway ur hubby still good. Say want to go learn with u. I bet my hubby is too lazy to do all these things. He will say me 'bo liao' one. That time my family all go tour, I wanted to make steak for him. Halfway cooking, he came home liaoz. Then he start to order me how to cook. Say must like this then can be cooked, then must put to high temperature etc etc. But when I ask him to cook, he say he dunno. Sometimes guys can also be KPO and naggy one. But if I scold him uncle or long-winded, he won't get angry lor. That's why his character quite good. Can tahan me. hehehe...

Anyway, unicorn, Just now I go Bt Timah, there's one new furniture mall ar, a few doors down from courts, or next to banyan trees... (something like that) They got 4 storeys of furniture. I ask the guy from 5th floor, he say all different brands but under novena(i think is this). hehehe... My memory quite bad ar... Sorry hor...
Well, the 3rd floor is called White Collection and their furniture quite nice. Not those Zen look but chrome type one. Not expensive also. Now they got some package u can go and have a look lor.. I saw one rocking chair with a matching rocking leg rest. I LOVE THAT!! $299 only. Think its good. I definately will buy that!!! My dream chair! Then the 4th floor is quite expensive ar. 1 dining set can 4k plus liaoz. Then the 5th floor is Natural Living. Which is quite nice. All wooden furniture. Abit ex, something like barang barang.They got sell water feature also which is around $890 onwards. We saw 1 small water feature built into a small platform, very nice! But cost around $990. The dimension something like 4' x 4' x H:8". Abit expensive lor. But look very inviting to have a seat there and just laze around with a book on a sunday afternoon. loLz...

But u also v super can stay till so early in the morning to look at magazines. I too tired to do that... We can share some ideas on reno too! But u choose ID liao anot? I gave around 4 IDs for quote liaoz. But only got 1 gave me instant rough quote. The others still waiting. I rather like one from U-Home. They way they talk quite good and pro. The other one is at Bt Timah which I went yesterday... Also quite pro, detail and looks like he know what he's doing. List down everything that I want properly and neatly. Quite good. But still like U-Home. Dunno why.

unicorn

faive: juz read ur post...anyway, tks for asking but was i working on fri nite...pathetic rite? so how was ur date to IMM? romantic? got shou la shou or not? anything interesting? is it a gd plc to shop? stuff there expensive?

hey, thot u replied to my reply on fri a.m.? aiyoyo...u blur oredi leh...

unicorn

doris: wa seh! ur dear really v nice huh! give u $ to give ur mom
happy.gif
dun think may men r like tht. somemore so nice can teach u how to cook...mine i gotta teach...so xian...

xiao nu ren...kudos! an almost extinct breed! i'm also e homely type...prefer to stay hm than go out if alone. but i cant evr myslf s a xnr. prefer to b tai tai...no nd to work becoz i hv to but rather bcoz i enjoy n choose to. then got free time to go la kopi w frens..take up courses..go mani pedi...do social work...hv maid so no nd to cook n look aft kidz...ya i'm dreaming again...damn lazy hor! terrible...

hey wat's e furniture mall called? i like h2o features but e pricing u mentioned like v ex lei...rocking chair...wah u're orso noe how to xiang shou type huh! hee hee

i've seen a couple o ids but seems like none hs proposed something diff from e same old boring stuff. guess stil waiting for tht design tht turns me on...u noe e type tht really makes u feel happy n satisfied enuff to start reno...tt's y gotta lose sleep la...haiz...

earlier was fixated on hvg a WIW. now m into open kitchn concept. keep chging...think id orso give up liao :p

jewelmelody

So far I had not resigned without a job. But I was retrenched before in Sept 1998 but got a job in Dec 1998. The retrenchment happen when I needed the time to study for exam. So it is blessing in disguise. Actually it is okay to resign without a job cause it is the best time to reflect what you want and you can go interview without take leaves and explore the what these companies had to offer after you attended the interview. I even got a better offer in this company than the company whom retrench me !!
happy.gif
Infact I am thinking to quit full time to go property full time..but maybe not at the right time yet.

happy.gif

wateraine

Hi Faive, Doris

I've also been sending out resumes but did not get many interviews. Even got sick of going for interviews (cos of the typical qns). Getting tired of sending resumes, make my FH send the resumes for me.

Last time, I could quit without a job as i do not have any commitment. But now, I'm getting married in June and would be expected to bear the bills, scary!