Anyone Done Pebble Flooring?

sharon__joseph

hi alan,
thanks! i have been to builtech but those tiles i like are only suitable for wall and not floor... instead i bought some granite elephants to 'guard' our door...
happy.gif
so cute... theres granite hello kitty and keropi also!! but my fh ban me fr buying those...

norafas

hi sharon,

just for your info,
for those tiles that you were looking for, you can try this link...http://community.webshot.com/user/legionalliance
or you can call Gerald Tan at 94561515 for a catalogue... he can even bring down some samples for you to see... tell him Nor from Tampines recommended...
He has quite an interesting range to view..

Hope this info helps!!

mage

I did pebble wash for my masterbedroom toilet. Love it to bits cause dirty also cannot see! Min maintenance! Hehe! Regret never do my common toilet floor.

josnah

hi Mage,

what did u use to do the pebble wash?
epoxy adhesive or cement?
wat's the size of your pebble?
my hubby would like it just outside the MBR bathrm, & the foyer area. but i dunno how is it to feel. my ID says will be uncomfortable to the feet.

esp

i am going to do pebblewash flooring with Slate tiles for my rather big for four room entrance foyer as well. i think its actually a great idea as its creates a calm and special feeling upon stepping into the hse.

adelinekueh

wah, better think twice. pebble wash need to maintain regularly one lei. (think must scrub lightly with tootbrush) (scrub too heavily, all the pebble will come out)very hard to maintain, trap all the dirt and shit. stains very easily too. hard to wash lei. my old house i scrub until siao lei. nice to look (initially) nice to touch, once dirty consider it gone.

floralim

hi Adeline, Really hah? i tot of using pebble wash for putting my water fountains on them. tot its will save me some maintenace if the water flasting out so its not touch my homogenous tiles. hehee

el2005

U can buy pebbles and pebble like tiles from Soon Bee Huat. Located at no.3A Toh Guan Road.

I was there last weekend to select my tiles for my contractor to lay.

They too have loose pebbles for selection and purchase.

bluegal

Hi all,
Can any of you share pics on pebblewash. I am disappointed with mine, wanna redo. Need recommendation as well.

tiara1211

hi pretty (pebblestone)
mine too...when i lightly touch the pebbles, some came out!!
was under the impression this should not be the case.... mayb the contractor didnt "press" them into the cement properly..
might ask my contracyor redo that part..
your renovations completed long ago, and staying there now?

jen_bibi

Hi All

my contractor told me that they will mix the pebbles with the cement, then they will throw them into e area. befor e top parts dryoff, they will use a brush to 'wash' off the cement.
This is how they will do it so that y some areas ve more or less pebbles but they should give u an overall even look. (but upon closer look u will see some parts ve more n some will ve less).

Hi gals

another thing, do your pebbles wash give ppl a wet look??? cos mine do, ppl think i just clean e area.

esp

the wet look is created with a layer of expoxy paint. i just had my pebble wash done with this paint yesterday ..

handydog

Different contractor has different techique to do it. For mine I hv pebblewash in my toilets, my ID make sure that the tiler do a pressing technique to the spread cement/pebbles mix. So far never seen any pebbles drop off. I wash the area daily as my dog pee/poo in it.

U can choose hving gross or matt coat. Mine was matt.

jm9

Hi

Those who are interested to do a pebble wash may wish to consider that the effect might not be an even look. I'm having my foyer hacked up for the second time for a redo. This causes delays and unnecessary stress.

bluegal

Hi JM9,
Looks like i am not the only one redoing my pebblewash. But i still have confident with my designer. Let's just hope and pray that the 2nd pebblewash is up to our standard.

jen_bibi

Hi JM9 n Bluegal

do u ve false ceiling near yr pebblewash???

cos if u do hacking on them, will e vibration causes cracks at yr false ceiling?

me ve false ceiling n shoe cabinets near or on it so if to redo n hack e flooring, me scare will make it worse cos i not really like e wet look
sad.gif

Any advice??

bluegal

Hi JEN,
I do have false ceiling and shoe rack at that area too. worse still, my design told us he might need to remove my suspended shoe rack before he can hack the pebblewash. There might be a risk but we wish to take the risk lor. We leave it to him.

jm9

Hi Jen

I do have it but my ID didn't mention the risk so I assume it's non-existent. However, I would expect him to touch up on any crack which appears. You may wish to clarify with your ID if hacking would cause cracks.

jen_bibi

Hi JM9

He said with e hacking will have crack n e structure (foundation for the ceiling) may become loose but not confirm cos anything will happen during e hacking. He said if we ok abt it then go for it loh, we decided not to risk it.

jm9

Hi Jen

Sounds serious as problems of a loose structure will only pop out later. Thanks for informing!

beautyseek

May I know how much u are charged for pebble flooring? We wanted a pebble flooring divider (very small) between the shower area and the rest of the toilet flooring and the contractor quoted us $680!!! Ridiculous!

prince

Hi,
for people who are being quoted too much for their pebble flooring. My contractor also quoted me $600 plus to do pebble flooring at the foyer.
but after i went to "white horse" at sungei kadut, i realised that 1 bag of pebbles(5 kg) only cost $15..enough to cover approx 10m sq.

Change a contractor after that...

nakedtoes

sniper: althought a bag of pebbles are cheap but i under stand the work and the chemical needed to born them with cement etc are not cheap

jennie

hi everyone i doing a loose pebble wash flooring at the foyer all my id need to do is crement scret the arae and do a wooden skirting the pebbles and wood tiles i buying myself