Anybody try permanent hair removal before?

starbrightlite

i am letting go of my Expressions package due to tight cashflow. Below are the details, pls sms me directly at 81216885 if u r keen. thanks

Expressions
1) 13 Quantum treatments:
this is a 20 mins treatment for toning and inch loss. 1 session equivalent to 360 sit ups.
Original price ($577 + $28 GST, willing to let go at abt $500.

2) EPIL 10 treatments
this is for underarm hair removal by infrared rays. Original price $899 + 44.95(GST), willing to let go at abt $800.

hi jamie

nope, there isnt any catch. I just signed up my 2nd pkg with them in Aug. As their promo is ending in Nov, better decide fast as after i look ard, Signature Beaute is the cheapest so far, not sure after the promo, what will the price be.

hi macadamia

as what icecoolprincess mention, it really depends on individual. As for me, it works, my dark patch is significantly lighter after the 1st 3 sessions. That's why i had signed up for anotr pkg.

happy.gif

macadamia

Hi sweetheart,

are you quite fair or quite tan? i'm quite tan... ok think i'll most probably go for it next stop or so. getting a new job so would like to settle in first...

thanks for your info. makes me feel more secure...shall go for it soon!

jamie_c78

Hi Sweetheart

Do you know what is the name of the IPL machine Signature Beaute use cos I understand different machines have different effectiveness.

hi macadamia

i'm not quite both, just falls in btn, more to dark. Shld go for it since the promo is on.
happy.gif

hi jamie

sorrie but i do not know the machine name. As i'm not familar with these names, maybe u can enlighten me. After u "teach" me, i can ask her the week after next since i'm going down for my appt
happy.gif

bright

sorry, new here
I m under-going the treatment.
I dun advice anyone to go to the salon coz the charges are too expensive.
There are many clinic offering such a service nowadays and they are done by professional doctor.
Each time, it cost $100. Number of treatment needed depends on each individual.
So far, I've undergone my sixth treatment and I could hardly see much hair on my underarm.

jamie_c78

Hi Sweetheart
Understand from 1 saloon that they use a machine L600 for permanent hair removal but there's also another type which can be used on the whole face - like facial call "christaline". For this, i'm not sure of the spelling.

hmmm, jamie, when u say the name "christline" (hee, me also not sure of the spelling), think that this is what Signature Beaute used.
But will double confirm on my next appt
happy.gif

macadamia

Hi sweetheart,

I was thinking of going for it in about 2 weeks' time. =)

Hi Bright,

Do you mean we should not go to Signature Beaute? would you like to elaborate more? coz $199 at Signature Beaute is for 3 sessions... the one you mentioned is $100 per session...seems more expensive...

jamie_c78

Hi Sweetheart
Pls help find out the name of the machine they use. I understand that "christaline" is not so effective in removing hair. I actually tried the "christaline" treatment for whole face and the salon (not at Signature Beaute) told me it can remove some facial hair but it is not so effective as the other machine.

pjt

anyone seen dermatologist at HealthCrest medical Center b4 (at bedok road)? any feedback on their services?

trina_wys

hi sweetheart,

can i find out whether there are any side effects after IPL in Signature Beaute? coz i heard from my mum that all these machines may cause tumours in the long run.. and i'm a bit sceptical coz the price is so cheap..

can u help me? i'm in a dilema whether i should go for it or not.. so tired of pulling my arm pit hair..

sad.gif

macadamia

hi sweetheart,

haven't made an appointment yet. but will be going soon. will know when i will be starting my new job end of this week so still waiting to plan my time. coz i have the dark patch... really would like to be more free in my movement when i wear short sleeve!

yen

Hey...

Anyone try to do hair removal at the upper lip? At any beauty saloon or at Signature Beaute??

Thanks!

petrina

hee, me nvr think so far ahead of having tumours
happy.gif
was thinking or reducing the time of plucking the hairs and at the same time, reduce my dark patch

have read in anotr forum that there is no such thing of removing hair permantly. It mentioned that all these sessions actually kill the roots and make it v v slowly to have the hair grow out. It can take as long as 20-30 yrs. Me thinking by then old liao, nvr mind if hair grows out, at least now can enjoy hairless and no more dark patch
happy.gif

macadamia

hope ur wish come true!
happy.gif

tingting

me have not done it, cant help u there cos me not sure, dont want to give u wrong info.
why not try indian threading?

trina_wys

thank for ur reply sweet heart..

how many sessions have u gone for already? may i ask why is it so cheap?

sorry if i keep asking irrelevent questions.. but i dun want to sign up and realise that its not working..
sad.gif
kinda hard up on cash coz of my wedding next year..
sad.gif

yen

sweet heart,

Thanks for your information... but India threading not as lasting or permanent as IPL rite?

Heard from my friend that I'm getting fairer so dunno if it is due to this reason then my little hair on my upper lip become more obvious.

As my problem is facial hair, I wanna find a reliable beauty saloon lor..

petrina

i had completed the 1st pkg (3 sessions), i'm signing up for anotr pkg, 1st appt is next week.

I know how u feel, how come is so cheap cos i do source ard b4. The only reason i know is cos they are having their promo and it is only valid till Nov 05. I only heard abt them when someone posted it b4.

As whether got any effect, and me dont want to mislead pple, it really up to individuals. I can only share my experience which i mention above.
happy.gif

tingting

ya, indian threading is not as permanent as IPL. Not sure if the costs justifable too. I have not done the facial hair b4 so cant really recommend a reliable salon
happy.gif

jamie

so what do u think? Is the machine effective enough compare to the others u know abt it?

verylastminute

I actually completed a course on my legs. Personal experience was that after the last session, the hair grew more rapidly. But it's seemed to have slowed again.
I was speaking to my colleague who had IPL done for her face, and she also said it made her hairy for a while. So I decided better forget about doing it on my face, since it's quite close to my wedding already.
Has anyone else experienced this too?

joelle_ang

Hi all,

I did my under-arm at a clinic in Boon Keng. The doctor there is using a machine call GentleYag. I find it very effective at I c a very remarkable improvement after only 1 time. The doctor said that for most cases, only 2-3 times r required. For my underarms, I was charged $350. I find it very resonable as the total amt spent will definitely be less than wat u'll be paying in salons.

U girls can find out more about the machine, it's under the company candela. US based. And the former version of the machine is call Gentlelase. Go check it out ba. I'll not recommand u girls to try IPL as I was told by doctor that IPL actually only removes up to 60%, whereas for Gentleyag laser, it removes up to 90% effectively. And mind you, I'm actually quite hairy... Juz my 2 senses worth

yen

Hi Joelle,

Does the clinic at Boon Keng also do removal of lip hair? Do you have the clinic tel.no? And you meant $350 for the whole course??

stars26

hi sweetheart,
did you tried their facial? using their $28 promotion voucher?

i tried their IPL, so far ok waiting to go for 2nd session which is next month....
happy.gif

hi stars26

who is ur tereapist? mine is Jun
nope,didnt try their facial as i have my own facial pkg. Went to them only for this IPL. Yest just went down, tempted to take their anotr promo, bikini line, 10 sessions @ $700, what do u think?
happy.gif

stars26

hi sweetheat,
mine is oso Jun. so far shes ok...
10 sessions for 700, consider quite cheap lae.. but i not interested :D
find their services still ok.. not pushy

wonder who had tried their facial and massage.. tempted to try both.. hahaha...

jamie_c78

hi sweet heart
Yup, I tried the IPL at Signature Beaute but I guess it's too early to say whether it's effective.
I'm planning to go for the free facial trial using the $28 card.

hi stars & jamie

sorrie for the late reply cos was out of town, just came back.

jamie, have u went for their facial? who did ur facial? is the skills gd? :p
sorrie for the many qns, think both stars and myself are curious to know
happy.gif

hi cait

signature is loacted at Int'l Bldg, besides Hollywood Secrets. Dont have the namecard with me now so cant give u the exact add. Their no is 6295 5455
happy.gif

endaz

Hi,
Have anyone tried the IPL at Strip? I am wondering if i shld signed up their package with them. 6X-$900.

jamie_c78

Hi Sweetheart
I have not gone for the facial but planning to try out the trial one from the promo card.

Hi Gal
Is the px $900 for underarms?

endaz

Hi Jamie
Yup. its $900 for the underarms 6x. I paid $100 for the first trial..and am thinking whether to go for it at strip or at Summit Clinic which is much cheaper..

Anyone tried Summit Clinic? I called them..they mentioned that we do the treatment 2-3 mths in between and WE ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO SHAVE till then. How? I made aptment in Dec wif them..but no SHAVE how to survive during the waiting period? ANy advice?

jamie_c78

Hi sweetheart
I've tried the facial at sig beaute. I think it's gd. You should give it a go. I brought a friend there too and she actually sign up the package.

okok

Hi Joelle, Cait and Agnes Lim,

Can any 1 of u email me the address n tel of the doc at Boon Keng? thx

superbride

Hi Joelle,

Hope you are checking this thread. Can I get the details from you for the doctor at Boon Keng? Is your $350 for the whole course or one time treatment?

Thanks!