Any JP or GL for recommendations

poissons

Hi Scrumpee,

Yeh, it took us abt 9 mths to prepare for this big day (I combined my banquet with solemnisation)..it was alot of hard work, but guess it was worth-well as many frens and relatives felt that it was a good idea to invite everyone to witness the solemnisation ceremony, not forgetting having it shot "live" and broadcasted onto the 2 projector screens in the ballroom.

Hi Win,
Thanks and congrats to you as well! you will have your share of fun for your banquet preparations =)

Cheers!

sirwin

Hi poissons,

Tat coolz & touching esp broadcasting both of u saying e vows together establishing e eye contact, e ring x'change & e all-impt kiss, huh?

mine is juz purely ROM, no banquet yet, juz a function rm with a few tables, but after my wife makeup, we went off for a pre-rom shoot with e photographer, followed by solemnization & hi-tea, mabbe some sort like a mini version of e AD?
biggrin.gif

mini_apple

Hi win,

finally ROMed liao yesterday...
v tiring as we held our hse warming at the same time... but still happy
happy.gif

Mr Chris is a nice psn, although serious... but manage to make all my guests laff ..

sirwin

Hi mini_apple,

1st of all, congratulations to U/HB & yes, both of U "officially" ROMed liao. Glad tat U r hapi & Chris Chen did make ur day & keep your guests entertained. Can take a small break & moved on to ur nxt preparation.

How abt bUgZ? understand hers is also on e 25th evening...

Hi Scrumpee, dun wori, ur will goes well with a bit of planning b4 e exact day, same as mini_apple.
wink.gif

sisi

hi to all brides here,

i m new to this thread and i wish to enquire if JP David Loh do the solemnisation in mandarin? cos my FH and I personally think the chinese version of the vows is more romantic and also, to both our parents, they can understand.I had booked David Loh for my next yr ROM and i actually called him up alot of times just to change the timing, so if i were to called him again, i'm afraid he would 'barred' me.hehehe...

mini_apple

hi rabbitwsk,
thanks for all the advice u offered!
That day went fine, juz tiriing..

hi Srumpee,
don worry, it will turn out well! :p

scrumpee01

little twinstar

U lucky ah... I just attended a wedding soleminization by David loh. so can tell u more.

Yes, he can do in Mandarin. But I think u hv to inform him in advance lor. however, after attending the mandarin solemnization, some friends and I felt that English more romantic and meaningful leh.. cos Mr David Loh, mandarin though fluent, still not as smooth as English lor. So, the meaning is lost somewhere while he trying to perfect his mandarin.

But is your ROM lah, so up to you. Most imptly is u must like it.

poissons

little twinstar,

I juz had Mr David Loh 2 wkends ago. This is my first time meeting him, not sure if you gals did notice, but he had this funny accent when he speaks. Not to offend him, but he sounded like he is singing rather than speaking..I was quite tickled by it but guess the ceremony was too serious for me to gigle at that point of time. Apparently, i wasn't alone, my frens and relatives also felt the same =P

Enjoy your ROM..

sisi

hi poissons & srumpee,

thks for ur comments.
happy.gif
i thot the chinese version of the vows is more romantic, as i heard from 1 of my friends in ROM itself..so thot of asking David Loh to do it.i tink i will still suggest to him , but if he say his english more 'powerful', then so be it.Frankly speaking, when i thot of asking a JP to do it, i duno who to choose..jus tat most of the brides here say david loh is gd..so i blur blur, try my luck to called him.duno wat to expect from him too..

scrumpee01

I think Mr David Loh has liven to his name to be one of the best JP. He brought lots of laughter to my friend's solemnisation. He even took the initiative to arrange photography opportunities. Like asking the parents of the bride and groom to come forward to take photos and prompting what the groom and bride to do durng the photoshoot.

U are lucky to have gotten him. I tried to get him too but he was out of town when I called him so I approached another JP.

poissons

Yeh, he sure did. Mr David Loh made us and our parents stand at the stage for a group photo. He brought his own camera and asked my emcee to take pics too. And he also jokingly commented that all the people with cameras below the stage are reporters from the numerous newspapers.so we must give them our sweetest smile..haha..

frankly, for the vow, be it english or chinese, i think they are equally meaningful. i remembered choking my words when i had to repeat after him on this " In token and pledge of my constant love and abiding faith, with this ring, I marry you". It was a moment to remember for...

cheers!

ahjo77

HI pple

for those who had engage Mr Chris chen can you share with mi your experience as he do not seems a veri friendly person over the phone n do you have any ROm pictures to share for those engaging him

Thanks i also asked him to conduct my ROm and would like to knoe how he looks like before meeting him

thanks a lot
jo'
[email protected]

mini_apple

hi ah jo,

Mr Chris, although sound & looked serious, is overall a nice man. He made my guests laughed too. As compared those solominise at rom premise, its less serious, formal.

He ensures that everyone can see the procedure too.

Btw, remember to address him as "Mr" as a form of respect too.

apple

ahjo77

Hi mini_apple

Thanks for your note =) think i can rest my heart at ease now ah =")

You have any picture to share on him or ur ROM

Thanks
jo

scrumpee01

Ahjo77

I had your doubts too when I first spoke to him on the phone. But when I met him to sign the consent form, he was nice and friendly.

Yes, remember to address him as Mr Chen.

ahjo77

HI Srumpee

thanks for the note ..mi shld be meeting him tomolo to sign the consent form
keke share with u gals my comments after meeeting up with him

Jo

mayneberlin

Our JP will be Mr. Chan Kai Yau. Just met up with him last saturday to have our consent form signed. We had a chat and he is a nice man. He is going to our wedding venue by himself even though we had offered to chauffeur him as a courtesy.
happy.gif

hfchia

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a Christian JP. does anyone has any contact?

Does anyone know if Chris Chen, David Loh are christian?

Thanks
Christine

hfchia

Hi gals,

I am looking for a christian JP. Does anyone has any contact?

Does anyone know if Chris Chen, Mr Chan or David Loh are christian?

Thanks

scrumpee01

Hi Win and all,

I finally went thru my solemization over the weekend. Thankfully things went well and Mr Chen also made us stand infront of our friends when reciting the vows.

Got many compliments from friends on my cheongsam. Anyone who is looking for talior to make your ROM dress, let me know.

Dor, don't know if u come to this tread, I'm trying to locate your email and send the photo to you but lost your email address. pls give me yr email address again if you see my message.

chalris

Hi
got Mr David Loh for my ROM yest.
He's great... explain to us the procedures patiently.
also part time our MC... entertain my guests and make everyone laugh and were so happy...
Just thinking also very funny...
lol.gif

lucky he not so busy yest...

scrumpee01

Hi Ling

U've got mail. I paid $300 for the CS.

Oh yes! Mr David Loh is funny. I attended ceremonies by him before. Mr Chen is more fatherly,so don't joke much.

lux

me not sure yet..

I was thinking of getting for ROM but i was thinking the venue might not be suitable for the cheongsam..

Actually wanted to make one so can use for ROM and few months later can use for tea dress on AD.. I wanted something I might be after use after wedding mah.. But I prefer a long one because my legs looks like ducks! hahaha..

Where did you have your ROM.. the place looks nice!

scrumpee01

Hi Ling

I also had that idea in mind when I made the CS. Wear for ROM, AD tea dress and other formal occasions next time. But I think short one is more suitable for day lor yet, pretty enough for evening.

I held my ROM at Viet Lang Is this Vietnamese restaurant at Chijmes. Food is good and price reasonable. I paid about $800plus for 36 pax. The room is painted in purple and red, very oriental. No need much decoration for the place cos they provide nice tealight holders and candle for every table and the dining room has one big nice painting as backdrop. U can also request to play your own CD.

lux

hihi...

the thing with me is that I am rather tall and according to FH if I wear a short one.. he think I look like something like how they sell betel nuts off taiwan streets.. *roll eyes* I show him the picture of you in the sweet dress and he tell me 'deh.. need ppl like that dainty than can carry it off one.. you huh.. sure cannot' *faint*

Viet Lang package is quite affordable! I kinda like the menu actually.. but hmmm the FH is a super duper fusspot lah.. HE doesnt want it at Chjimes/hotel and a list that I dont want to know.. I was thinking of doing it at Amara actually.. seen the place ald or Oaks etc..

Thanks for sharing!!

~cor

Hi..Im new to this forum..
was thinking of doing an outdoor ROM ceremony and went thru the posts, saw so much abt Mr. David Loh and Mr. Chris Chen..anyone has their contacts? Who would you recommend??

scrumpee01

Ling,

U mean 'bing lang xi shi' ah? haha...I not dainty lah..only for that day.

Corrine,

U can contact Mr Chris Chen Yee Ching at 9666 3282 but pls address him as Mr Chen

fiona

Hi all,

We have just met up with our JP - Brother Emmanuel. And we are really happy!! He is a really joyous and nice person and made us laugh a lot.

Cor :
Outdoor solemnisation rocks!! Hee....

happy.gif

dapipi

Hi everyone,
I'm new in this thread and have read about Mr David Loh. Does anyone have his contacts? Interested to get him As my JP. Thanks a million!

sun96

hi ade

David Loh was my JP for my ROM... his mobile no is 97425005... is wise for u to book him early to avoid disappointment!!!
btw, when's yr ROM??

hfchia

Hi Sun,

I tried to call Mr Loh at this number 97425005 but no one picked up.

Any other way of contacting him?

Thanks
Christine

garfield77

Hi christine,
If nobody pick up, most probably he is driving or having solemnisation wif the couple. U should try half an hour later if nobody pick up, else call him after 8pm. But don call him too late at night, no so good la. He is quite a busy JP, so must b more patient to contact him.

i_bless_u

Hi all

I have contact Mr. David Loh and he agreed to be my JP, and i also faxed him the consent form on 7 Jan, till now no reply form from him. When shld i contact him again to ask him if he received my fax or not? Or do i need to wait awhile longer?

newgirl

Hi all,
I'm new here.. & very interested in being part of the conversation... I have oso engaged Mr. David Loh as my JP... have faxed him my consent form 2 wks+ ago... but no reply so far too...

garfield77

I_bless_u & Jessica,
Please call David Loh check whether he has received ur fax. U should give him a call inform him once u have faxed to him. He is so busy, may b miss out the incoming faxes.

newgirl

Hi Garfield,
hee so happy... have received his fax liao...
happy.gif

but the ink is a bit faint.. is it still acceptable?
then we just need the fax copy can liao? Do we need to take from him the original?
hee.. feeling excited haha

garfield77

newgirl,
If the fax copy is readable, den should b alright. We don have to take back original copy from david loh, unless the fax copy is really cannot read den u have to meet him personally to take back original or ask him to fax again.