Any dentist to recommend for braces - good and at reason price

fong

hi

jus to share my experience.. i did my braces a few days after my ROM (for the sake of looking mei mei for my customary).. I have very low threshold for pain and i am super timid, i dun even noe where i got the courage.. i had juz wanted to consult the dentist.. but dunno wat comes over me, i aked him to extract my teeth.. all four of them (so that i will have no chance to regret) and do whatever needs to be done for the braces... i still cant believe i did that.. quite painful.. but really really worth it when u see the teeth slowly straightening..

hi esteem zero

pluck up ur courage.. u will find that its all worthwhile.. juz need to tolerate the first 2 wks of pain/discomfort.. u can even lose some weight in the process
happy.gif

joyz

hi ppl!
i agree wif fong in tt u won't be less happy than happiest to see ur teeth straightening.
after 2-3 months on braces, i could really see the dif.
so go for it!!!

ugly_teeth

hmm~ okie, thanks fong~
but 2-3 months ardy can see abit of the results? Mine i duno how the orthodontist gonna go about doing it... too jialat i guess... extract teeth also cannot... coz my tooth are all very wide, and oni got a few... but if extract also cannot straighten... coz will have very big gaps... if don extract, then cannot straighten at all... haha~ quite worried about the price though~

doublespeak

Hi

I need help on braces!

Is an orthodontist prefered over a dental surgeon for braces? I heard some dental surgeons can be inexperienced in this area, thus dragging treatment time and the the effects.

stars03

Hi All,

Juz wanted to share my dentist with all who are interested in doing braces..I did mine abt 2 years ago and was so happy wif the results. After that i recommended my friend and cousin there as well.

In fact it is thru word of mouth that i get to know this dentist. My friend friend recommend me to him..Hee hee..The dental clinic is called Emmanuel Dental Surgery. They have 2 branch in Spore i think. Look for Mr Chen..Number is 67810780. I spend 2k on braces and extract 4 teeth.. Hee hee..But he is a very decent and nice dentist lor.. Can check it out lor..

My friends complimented me after my brace..a total difference..Haha :p

ugly_teeth

Wa! Stars, sure anot... 2k only?? But now market rate is at least $3.5k for private practice leh... Got website? Muahahax~

defav

Would like to recommend NUH, the orthodontic masters students. Nevermind about apprehentice. Choose the Friday session and insist on having Dr Huang as the regular consultant. She's very good and you will have a perfect set of teeth under her tutelage. $3000 should be enough to cover ceremic brackets, retainers, all consultations, all extractions, all x-rays, all follow-ups, etc.

blissbride

Heard of Dr Loh @ Far East Plaza? My colleagues are seeing him at the moment. His charges are very high (ard 5K)but one good point is no extraction is needed. 3 of my colleagues have seen him and all did not require any extraction at all.

Just my contribution.

ugly_teeth

Wow~ defav, NUH arh? Lidat need to queue and wait for quite long wor...

Hmm? bliss arh, no extraction needed?? Hmm.. maybe their condition not that serious lou...

zoeanne27

Hi

Sorry to intrude
I finish doing my braces 2 years already. It has been good so far. Mine is at a clinic at Tampines call emmanuel dental. This doc main clinic is at doby ghaut there.. Near the raffles clinic there..

I think mine is good as the doc is very gentle and best, i dun feel the pain.. I saw my friends really painful when doing braces when the dentist is "pulling" for her. I dun feel the pain cos the dentist is very gentle and soft spoken type.. Overall I extract one tooth.

Sometimes extraction is necessary depend on how crowded your teeth are.. I remembered each time i went for my appointment, is $80. 1st time , i paid $950 for braces to set up, the mould, X rays etc...

Dentist should always see your x rays b4 he can determine how many teeths to be extracted...

Oh.. I saw Stars also mention about him.. but mine not so cheap like hers..

ugly_teeth

hmmm... i heard of emmanuel dental before... but quite far for me sia... i live in extreme west.. heh heh~~

So how much was ur total cost?

ugly_teeth

I think i have to post a pic or 2 of my ugly teeth. How can a girl have such teeth? Sigh... now you know why i have such low or no confidence....

I think orthdontists will scold me like shit if they see i have such teeth. I brush i floss i rinse with Listerine regularly. Only thing is i have phobia of dentists that's why havent been to one in 8 years or so.

Anyone has worse teeth than mine?? I don't think so... sigh... wonder how much will it cost for treatment for my case. And i guess it will take me 5 years or so to complete treatment?

I also don't know how is the orthodontist gona go about doing it. The 2 teeth beside my front tooth are pushing my front teeth out. If i were to extract the 2 teeth beside front tooth, the gap will be quite big... and it'll not look nice even after straightening...

Maybe Orthodontist has a better idea... i know i have to visit the Orthodontist for consultation and X-Rays etc before treatment can be determined... but i'm really scared to see one...

I have a total of 28 tooth. 14 on top, 14 below... is it normal anyway? My upper tooth are rather big in size (width)... maybe thats why overcrowd...

My lower tooth are much smaller in size.. i don't know why it turned out this way also... Weirdo...

222624.jpg
222625.jpg

henkitty

Hi esteem zero,

Your teeth looks better then mine..My front teeth is not straight..
I juz started to do..your case i think need 2-3 years lah no need 5 yrs. Fees depend which type u wana do. ceramic ones 4.5k metal ones 3-3.5k

ugly_teeth

Hmm... it's quite troublesome with teeth like mine. Difficult to brush. My tootbrush every week have to change. Sounds abit exaggerating but its true.

I thought the fees depends on the severity of our teeth? Hmm~ 2-3 years... that's a long long time man...

blissbride

Esteem,

cannot be all 3 of them so heng right?
happy.gif
Actually one of them was rather crowded... somehow Dr Loh's new 'technology' does not need any extraction. In fact the one with rather bad case cost her almost 6K... the other 2 colleagues only paid abt 5K plus.

jeanz

hi esteem zero

pls go see an orthodontist and get the braces done..i feel so sad for u cuz i know u can look soooooo very much prettier. braces are ok one so dont worry ok? Please get an orthodontic consult rather than procrastinating..all your questions will be answered and worries resolved.
happy.gif

pluck up the courage and DO IT!

zoeanne27

Hi Esteem
Mine is about $3.8K. It all depend on how long is the period. I paid $80 each time i went. duration is every 1 month.

Pluck your courage n go. I used to scare and afraid of pain & worry i look very funny for 2 yrs or more bcos of the braces.But having 2 yrs of not pretty, u exchange to a forever nice set of teeth. But in order to have a nice sets of teeth, bear it and go!! I took around 2 years to complete everything..

I heard Ceramic will be 2X of the normal one.

We support u...!! cheers!!
happy.gif

ugly_teeth

Hey! Really thanks alot jeanz and Zoeanne!! I'm really touched! Cause my parents don't support me at all... and non of my friends have ever seen my teeth before, so i couldnt get their support...

I'll muster all my courage and go for it de!!

(=

charmed_bebz

Esteem 0,

Hi remember me?? sorry to gone missing, quite tied up with werk.

to tell u the truth, i tink u r really overacting in demoting youself. cos my teeth are rather similar to yours, both front teeth protuding out n sum more i got 2 sharp fangs beside it. in conclusion, mine lagi jia lat!!!

since u got the confidence now, just go for it. frankfully, i havent done mine yet after so long of consideration cos i'm posted irregularly between hong kong and sg for my werk now. but my new year reso is to get my braces done by nex yr! Do update us on your development ok? I support u too...

to the others, thanks for your motivating support!

cheers!

charmed_bebz

i'm due for my 1st appt at Dr Tay & partners dental surgeon, raffles place branch. has any1 got experience on their orthodontists namely dr thiam or dr yee? pls enlighten me, thanks!

sweetsecret

Hi,

for those that had their braces on, are there braces that are in transparent?? im thinking of doing it but i was wondering is there braces that are in transparent?

n hw much extra more i need to pay inorder to put on transparent braces?

Thanks
Cheers!

henkitty

Hi xue,

What u mean by transparent?? there are metal ones - which are obivous when u smile.. and ceramic ones - is same colour as your teeth not obivous only close look then can see.

If u really wan those can't see one. you can do it from inside of the teeth..(can't rem what it is call)..but its very expensive about 10k upper n lower

sweetsecret

hi kitty,

thanks for your reply.

so is ceramic gd?? i noe can do from inside of the teeth, but infront can see one thin metal rod rite and is it metal?

im actually looking for braces tat are not so obivous one. hence metal ones are not i want.

thanks
cheers

henkitty

hi xue,

Im on ceramic..My fren din notice that i on braces till she take a close look..

For both ceramic n metal there will a "metal rod"
to aline the teeth straight

if u have the cash u can do lingual braces (braces at the back of the teeth)so can't see
happy.gif

sweetsecret

hi kitty,

so where did you got your braces done?
hw much it cost you overall??
for the first visit hw much you pay
aft that every mth you pay hw much??

sorri for asking as much, coz im preparing myself to do braces.

cheers,
xue

henkitty

hi xue,

I did it at QM Dental..Cost 4k.. have to pay abt 1 k deposit first then the rest pay in intstallment 100 bucks per month.

hope it helps..

henkitty

hi xue,

The consultation fee is only paid when u make the first visit the orthodontist abt $40 - $50.(one time only)

charmed_bebz

Kitty,

I note that you paid $4k for your ceramic braces at Q&M. Few questions if you don mind:-
- Is $4k for both top and bottom braces?
- May I noe which branch you did yours?
- Who is your orthodontist?
- Did you have any of your tooth extracted? If yes, is it included in the $4k?
Pls let me know becos I was quoted $6k by my current orthodontist.

charmed_bebz

ooopppsss it's me again!

sorry pple, but i'm really confused! my 1st appt will be in 2 weeks time but i do need 2nd opinion on which ortho to go.

mebbe any of u can help? i wanna fix invisible braces on the upper teeth and ceramic braces on the lower part. however, my budget should not exceed $6k. i noe i sound cheapo but do u tink its possible?

by the way, i havent ask my ortho about my intention cos he straightaway recommend me ceramic braces for the whole set. pls pls pls advice me!!! thanks so much!

js33

hey peeps,try this link.

www.braces.com.sg

He's my orthodontist.He does invisible braces too.
He's the best!!He's really good!No doubt!Featured before in SHAPE magazine.It's worth paying the price for a good ortho!!!

faith68

My braces were done by Scotts Dental -Dr Tan Tzee Jen. What I like about him is that he would quote you a fixed price and that includes everything like wax and rubber bands. Most ortho does not. super good service, Patient too.and his partner does EXCELLENT tooth extraction-NO PAIN AT ALL!! Impressive.

faith68

Hey Yasmin,

Forgot to add- I paid $5.6k. 1 year of braces. and another year of retainers. the cost includes all. (retainers, x-rays, wax, rubber bands) only need to pay for cleansing(as required). consider.

Qns to think about:
1) Is invisible braces as effective? If not, you might need to wear for a longer period of time.

2) Why not ceramic for both top and bottom? (I did that, and most of the time, pple do not really notice until they come very close to observe) We tend to be more self-conscious.

because I did consider that too. and chose ceramic for both in the end. coz wanna finish it soon and get over with the pain and torture asap.

charmed_bebz

Thanks zooooo n faith,

Faith, u wore braces for a yr?? dat was fast man, i thot most pple take almost 2 yrs. how old are you when u had yours done?? it really interests me when u said that your ortho did painless extraction cos i'm very scared of pain. so how many u extracted yours?? 4???

u mentioned that you had ceramic braces on both your top n lower teeth and paid $5.6 for a yr. What if my case is really bad n I need to be on braces for 2 yrs then follwed by retainers? Does that means i've to pay $5.6k x 2yrs? how much did u pay for your upfront and the monthly fees?

hhhmmm... the oni thing i can think of for invisible braces is becos its invisible. really... i neva even think if it gonna be effective... sigh... stupid me!!!!

faith68

$5.6k is a package- regardless of how long you take. So mine is 1 year of braces+1 year of retainer. When you mentioned that most pple took 2 years(prob includes retainers?)

I can't remb my first payment, but subsequent visit is $100 per visit (once a month- to tighten the braces). You can pay more. Just pay up all within 2 years.

I extracted 2 of my pre-molars.
Frankly, mine is a more complicated job. ( I had a jaw augmentation- jaw surgery)- and since I'm so happy with what he has done, bet you can trust him with your braces.

The extraction was done so professionally, you can't even feel the needle on the gum.(Introduced it to a friend who faints at the sight of needles and refused to go to the dentist for more than 3 years.)She commented that my dentist (Dr Siow) did an excellent Job!! She's reknown for that!

I would strongly encourage you to make an appointment with Dr. Tan (6887 0382) and find out more from him. Tell him introduced by "Huiyi". ( i just saw him today.)

what I like about him:
- Patient guy (Pretty good looking too-HA! A bonus, esp when you are in pain)
He advises you on the way to brush your teeth and the best way to take care of your braces- Very sincere guy.

best thing, is that the dental centre is situated at Scotts Isetan- so can do lots of shopping to make yourself feel better after that painful tightening. That's a fact that you have to prepare yourself for-liquid food for at least first 3 days after tightening!
Well, just remb that Wonderful SMILE you gonna have at the end of it!! Infact a sense of "nakeness" when the braces were removed! hahaha!

Any other Qns? Feel free to ask. More than happy to help you out!

charmed_bebz

faith, u r a life saviour!!!!

thanks a lot for your info, very helpful indeed! by the way, do u hav to wait very long for braces to be fix after yr 1st consultation?

the wat bout the payment mode? supposingly i'm quoted 5.6k also, who will propose the payment plan? the clinic or patient? i'm oso wondering how much they r charging for extraction of 1 tooth. my current ortho recommends 4 teeth.

faith68

Yasmin,
sorry for the late reply.
You can start any time once you had your 1st consultation. that's the Best thing abt Private Ortho. NO waiting, NO Q!! he will start of by placing the ceramic braces (no wires) on your teeth to let you get use to it. once you are ready, you go back within 1 week to get the wires fixed. If you regret, then braces removed.

payment mode is suggested by the ortho.
I'm not too sure if i paid for extraction of teeth. I had 2 removed. 4 teeth is okie. My cousin had 8 removed!!! Small mouth with TOOOOO many teeth!!!hhahah!!

so have you called for consultation.(Number, given earlier)
btw,how old are you? working or student?
What other concern?money? pain? ???

happy_mummy

hi ... am totally new to this site but am glad to have found this thread. Am interest to get my done but am oso planning for a child....any suitable one to recommend my former one ever told me that try not to due to my former pregnancy. (due to x-ray involved)