Amara Singapore

happyger

hi gals,
hv not come in for awhile....
oh so we going to hv a gathering on the 18th? shld be ok for me, let me know again
happy.gif

louie: happy for u that u had an enjoyable photo taking session, let us know when ur photos ready hor? hey, u are also going jessica place for facial ah?
when did u sign up? what facial u do ah? i am doing peeliatic or moor mud facial cos i hv t-zone oily/combination skin....

leo: finally u settle e bridal shop, good choice on La Galleria
happy.gif

BP Gal: thanks for ur kind info! wah, so ur guest must hv eat alot lor? ur comments really put us at ease
happy.gif

hee...me counting down my wedding date, 362 days more to go :p

B

bp gal

Hallo, i had 33 tables... the march in was ok lor. Not too long, not too short. Err... it's the long path from the last table to the front, so it's quite manageable. May, if u are worried with your long train, maybe u could get any of the Amara staff to help u with it?, esp. when u have to make a right turn or climb the stairs to the stage.

Yes, the guests were very full... some tables with 8 persons managed to even have 2 or 3 servings of sharksfin soup for a few of the guys, and each bowl was oredi quite big u know. So by the 3rd or 4th dish, they were FULL. Heehee.

Honestly speaking, I went to a posh 5 stars hotel for a wedding dinner recently... it's like $900 per table for that hotel... but the food is definitely NOT as good as Amara's. Yes, no regrets for Amara.

One piece of advice that was passed down by my oredi-married friends: ENJOY YOURSELF, don't let the nitty gritties bog you down on the actual day. If things go wrong, let it be! Let your friends handle the details on the actual day... and SMILE and have fun with your loved ones. That'll make all of you radiant and beautiful brides.

CHEERS! & God bless!

leo

Hi Gals,

Thank you. I'm also glad that finally I have made the final decision on the most headache item in wedding preparation. Now I'm looking around for designs, have bought several bridal magazines to get ideas. My 1st appt is on end February 03.

May : Me now main concerned is to lose weight, muz start to plan my execerise regimen soon.

Louie : Saw some of Nick Goh's work, quite good leh, though he has some bad comments in his forum previously but I think he take quite nice pictures.

L

lt

hi all... it's been a while since i came into this thread
happy.gif
... been real busy with my new job.

Leo - did we last mention going to amore together??? it's time you should start liao. me also panick abit... but still must be discipline to go classes!!! just signed up with california fitness.. thot their facilites are better and classes more fun!

BP gal - thanks for the advice. yes, guess all brides must really enjoy ourselves and leave details to someone else!!! it's our big day, anyway!!!!

think i can't meet up on 18 dec. realise had already had a dinner gathering with friends.

leo

Louie : I think it's only you and me, most of them aren't available. Why not we wait till your photograph ready then arrange for a meeting, at least it is more tempting to lure these ladies out. ^=^

LT : Yah, me also think should start my execerise soon. You signed up with California fitness liao ah, that means you are no longer with Amore lor. Isn't California more x than Amore? Well, think got to go class myself liao lor.

louie

LT: U jus signed with Cal. Fitness, me also member leh!! Hee hee, we can go gym together
happy.gif

Leo, if u interested can look for me... c if I can get u a better price, usu if recommend in wld get better deal?

Leo: We still haven't decided on actual day photos yet, very bz this Christmas season!! Anywae, selecting photos this sun, but Seletar don't allow us to bring back the proofs one, so have to wait till Feb then can see leh
sad.gif

leo

Louie : Ok, shall let you know if I'm interested to join. So, cfm cancel our 18th appointment hor, if cfm I shall cfm my other dinner appt which also falls on 18th.

titto

Louie: Just came back and saw that the latest decision is that 18th dec dinner is cancelled.
heng heng, 18th dec is not a good date for me as it is my good fren's wedding dinner. just keep me posted of any other potential dates for meet up
happy.gif

BPgal: are u the one who is staying at Senja? (the thread under Home and Deco :Anyone gonna stay at Senja?) your nick look the same to me...
happy.gif

Leo: Congrats on making a decision on the bridal boutique! I am also with Doreen , so if u are going down to visit her for ur gown selection, let me know, we can go down together ? My package is off the rack wedding gown with made to measure evening gown and montage as photographer..
happy.gif

leo

Hi Tittoo,

Glad to know I have a kaki here. I took all MTM cos I'm not those slim type that can fit into her OTR gowns. My 1st appt is on next year end Feb to discuss gown design, if you are interested, you can join me. When is your wedding date?

L

lt

hi Leo - ya, i'm no longer with amore. acutally i didn't pay alot, cos i buy over an existing memebership!

Louie - so when do you usually go for class? i try to go one weekday and weekends. but my weekday is not confirmed, depending how busy i am on that week! body combat is pretty good, did you try? today i had boxercise, ok lah!

louie

Hi LT & Leo: Me go usu during weekdays! Go straight aft work
happy.gif
Actually I prefer Planet Fitness classes, i find CFC lessons quite crammed & more disorganised... heehee.. went for a few classes so far, ok lah... but can't rem the class names liao :p

Anywae, me selected my photoshoot photos liao... overall quite happy lah, but some shots tot they wld turn out nicer. Will get the albums in Feb, then prob can scan & let u gals see
happy.gif

Yup, will arrange for another outing date. Can the interested Amara brides KINDLY DROP ME EMAIL [email protected], so tat I can co-ord a list, otherwise very diff to organise leh... Thanks!!
happy.gif

B

bp gal

Titto: Yup, I'm the same BP gal that's found in the Senja thread too.
happy.gif

worry

Hi all,
Dunno if I'm the only one to experience this, but seems tat Amara service not very professional. Hv to call them several times until they send me their proposal, and didn't return my call until I call back :-( I've seen the place and quite like it, but a bit worry because of their service. Doesn't seem to be a good start. Wat if after I put deposit they still hv this 'dun care' attitude?? Anyone hv same problem?

leo

Hi Worry,

So far none of us encounter this. Who did you speak to? Most of us are served by Natalin Wong, you may want to try her. Her direct line : 68792573. Hope you won't encounter the same problem again.

worry

Hi Leo, I finally spoke to Natalin today and made an appointment to see the venue. She sounds nice on the phone ... hope that things will go well after this
happy.gif
I won't say names of the ppl I spoke to before, dun think it's nice. Thank's for your advice!

titto

Hello everyone!

Happy New Year too!!
happy.gif

Leo, i took the off-the-rack, i am going down to visit Doreen tomolo...hope to be able to select a gown
biggrin.gif
..keep me posted of your gown fitting
happy.gif
i am thinking of switching to MTM if no suitable gown ..Doreen told me the latest date for me to make a decision to switch to MTM is end Feb,..so still early..by the way, my wedding date is 12th Oct..when is yours?

leo

Hi Titto,

Let me know whether do they have any new gowns on the rack after you visit her tomolo ok. My wedding date is same day as you but in Dec.^=^ So qiao hor, we have the same bridal shop and day of wedding. Me now busy looking for designs, very tum sim, saw a lot of designs I like, dun know can it be incorporated into 1?

titto

HI Leo

There weren't much new gowns when i went on saturday, maybe i wasn't looking close enough but i was still very happy bec i managed to select my gown already!
happy.gif

Dun worry about the designs, as u see and try more styles, u will soon have the preferred one in your mind.. Hee... i also started wanting so many designs...
happy.gif

N

ng

Hi Worry,
I have intention to use Amara Hotel too. Will be calling Nat tomolo as she is on leave today. So how is your meeting with her? Did you sign up the package?

louie

Hi gals..

Hows everyone? Me will start liasing with Nat to really discuss abt my wedding details.

Wedding now so near, starting to get stressed out with the nitty gritty stuff. Hee hee....

Keep in touch
happy.gif

jen

Hi gals, I am new to this forum... am thinking of booking a weekend package with Amara. Did any of you manage to get them to waive the corkage charged for wine? Anyone managed to get them to up the beer to 30 litres or free-flow? I am willing to exchge some additional frills e.g. spa etc. for these...

leo

Hi Jen,

For what I understand, so far none of us here managed to get total waiver of corkage charge for wine, only the first few bottles free. You may be able to get a 30 litres beer but not free-flow unless they come up with new promotion this year. You may want to check with the sales staff directly for their current promotion.

Cheers!

leo

Hi Ladies,

This forum is so quite, where did everyone go???

Louie : How is your preparartion? Your date is around March right? Have you had the food tasting yet? Which theme have you decided to use? Have you decided where to go for honeymoon?

Happygal : Have you purchase your flat yet?

I have signed up with amore and will start the program next week, anyone interested to join me? Normally I go for Sunday morning class.

louie

Hi Leo!!!

Prep in madness now... very busy.

Just had food tasting yesterday night, very nice... most of the dishes very very tasty, jus need some adjustments, hope they will maintain std!!
happy.gif
Their service was very efficient. Any compliant, they come in immeidately to solve it! Oh yes, the portions are BIG! Eat until really full... heehee...

We are going to Mauritius for honeymoon, just decided to go & relax, instead of rushing fr place to place...

Hows ur prep? Hope u are having fun...

aries

Hello,

reading through the threads, some seem to think Amara food is good and some think otherwise...

we're now in the stage ready to sign the contract but am worried that the food/service may not be good...in fact, we use to think Nat is highly inflexible....any major complaints or compliments?

Anyone manage to get an increase in parking coupons??

happygal

hi Leo and Louie,
sorry hv nt pop in this thread for a long time, u gals can find me in foundation good for face under beauty thread
happy.gif

hv nt get any falt yet, Leo, too many people in the queue liao, will update u, no worries
happy.gif

can email me, yeah?

Louie, did u go to BI for facial?
i think i saw ur nick there?
u using dermalogica products isit?

hey, my company D & D was held at Amara,
i must say food n ambience was great! But service wise, dont knw isist because it's company D & D, they actually decorate the ballroom around 3 plus...but still nt too late hor?

ok, that's all the update frm me!

hear frm u gals!!
happy.gif

may

Hi Leo, Louie, Happygal: ua lor, it has been very quite lately. Just called Nat to ask abt the wedding cards. She is going to send me sample of the Western wedding card. Have any of u seen it? She also recommended me a printer to check out the prices.

Have been busy with with my new hse. Reno finally completed except minor stuff.

I chose the cheapest package so dont think i will b going for any food tasting. As for theme, i think i will go for the natural theme.

Leo: How's ur gown designs?

Louie: Mauritius is a great place for honeymoon i heard. How much is yr package. I have not decide where to go for honeymoon.

Aries: Nat is very nice. SO far, i think the deal i got is quite good. Xcept that their wine cockage is so high.

leo

Hi Everyone,

Nice to hear from all of you again.

Louie: I'm not as busy as you, mine at end of this year, still can mang mang lai! Mauritius is a nice place, a dream place for honeymoon. Good to hear that the food are good.

Happygal : Forget to tell you I'v signed up a package at Lenoard Drake at Wisma. Me also starting to switch my skin care to dermalogica products. I have a friend who is also a BI customer and I get her to help me to buy the products for me cos the products there is cheaper.

May : I have not seen the western wedding card, let me know if it is nice when you receive the sample. I found the Chinese wedding card desgin too simple and plain, hope the western design is better.

I'v just settled my gown design. Let the designer handle everything, dun have to worry much. How's yours? You are using Jawn right? Have you go for any fitting yet?

louie

Hi Everyone!! Wow... suddenly everyone is back in the thread!

Aries: Nat is nice, but sometimes too bz so have to give way a little lah! Certain things they are NOT willing to negotiate... like extra rm for helpers, corkage! Other than that they are quite ok. During food tasting, service was really good
happy.gif

Btw, I liked the cold combi dish, shark's fin, fish, dessert (snow fungus wif ....). Others were normal. My fav were: Er fu noodles & crispy duck! YUMMY!!!

May: Oh... I used the western wedding cards, they are quite plain too but really elegant and simple. I don't like the flowery kind... heehee...

Happy/Leo: Yes, I am using BI & dema products. Good but pricey lah. Leo, L& D too ex liao, so I stick to BI... they look small but their service is really good! I took their last mth's promo, my facial is $63 each ( usu price $90, got 30% off)
happy.gif

aries

May: I have seen the western card. It is very plain if you ask me. But compared to the chinese version, I prefer the western one. After seeing the wonderful ballroom and ambience, I thought the cards were an anticlimax...

Their wine corkage were incredulous at the beginning coupled with their expensive wines.... but I think the price sorta when down quite a bit...

Louie: Actually I thought Nat was quite inflexible... everything also non-negotiable...anybody managed to ask for more barrels of beer?

We are signing the contract with nat on friday.

hosanna

Hi Louie,

Can check with you, where did you have your food tasting, at the Silk Road restaurant, or in a small function room? Cos Nat mentioned something about having it in a small function room, so funny...

Anyway, i saw both cards, the western one is very simple but quite elegant looking, while the Chinese one is quite typical lor, wih the 'xi' on the front cover...

Anyway, think you all can check with Nat about the corkage charges, think it has been reduced already, and we made her increased the number of bottles that she will waived, think increased from 12 to 20

Anyone saw the new decor? Also, does anyone know when are there wedding dinners so that we can visit the decor for the different theme?

leo

Louie : I agree that LD is more x than BI, your facial package really cheap man, the package I signed up is ard $92 per session, somemore already discounted. I signed up with them is because they are specially trained to use the products to do facial and they are fully equip.

Did anybody know exactly how much is the wine corkage charge?

may

Hi good that everyone is back.

Leo: yes, i confirm the gown designs liao. Going for trial and 2nd fitting today. Having ps next Friday.
U very disclipine - i have not started on my exercise regime yet...oops...

I have been very busy with my new home. Reno almost done so now busy with moving and cleaning...

Louie: I also dont like the flowery kind of card. prefer simple. cant wait to c the western card.

Aries: nope, for me i only got a 30 l barrel of beer. As for the cockage charge - Nat told me it is S$ 20. Still ex hor.

Hosanna: u do know that the chef cooking our dinner is not from any restaurant. he is a banquet chef cooking for wedding and events. Becoz of this, i think the food tasting is in a function room instead and inly available from Mon - Thurs.

U got it increased to 20 bottles? I only got 18 bottles leh...

There are new decors?

leo

May : Wah! $20 per bottle ah! Very x leh, almost the same price with the wine itself, not worth paying leh. That's why I'm still considering whether to serve wines or not though nowadays wines is the "in" thing for wedding banquet.

aries

May - yes, $20 for corkage is ex. considering most other hotels I asked were willing to "overlook" the wine corkage...how many tables you having? I suppose that will play a part in how many bottles she gives....

Does anybody know if they are picky about the duty paid thingy?? Anybody managed to sneak a few bottles in???
Most of my frens tell me although they say no upfront, on actual day, they are usually very "short sighted"

Yes wine is the in thing, but also the one thing that can spoil things esp. if you serve "lower quality" stuff while ur guests are more "demanding"... u get alot of comments...like one of the weddings I went to...my table couldn't stop criticising the wine....(altho they kept asking for more....haha)

I am considering forgoing the wine and go for beer + liquor only... less choice, less complaints..

leo

Hi Aries,

I think they are pretty strict on us bring in only duty free paid liquor. What you can do is to transfer the non duty free paid to a duty free paid bottle, that should solve 1 problem.

For me, if they are willing to waive all the wines corkage charge,I will serve wines otherwise I might drop the idea cos its an extra cost incurred. We can't just blindly follow the trend and burn a hole in our pocket right?

may

Leo, aries: yes. $20 very x. And i think it i sstill subject to taxes.

We plan to utilise the free cockage bottles. Have 18 bottles. Serve hard liquor and perhaps 2 barrel of beer.

louie

The food tasting is in also on the 3rd floor, they partioned part of the ballroom... the setup is exactly like the actual VIP table.

I only have free cockage for 15 bottles. Need to bargain with Nat somemore! Anywae, I will inform the banquet staff we will not serve additional wine/beer other than those in our pkg. Don't want to incur costs on liqour, not worth it.

Hos & Aries: When is your wedding? Leo's- Dec rite? May- in May hor!

Leo: U signed up wif California FItness? If yes, we can go gym together
happy.gif

H

hos

Hi Louie,

Mine is on 10 May. Have you chosen your decor theme, ie. Romance or Grandeur?

leo

Hi Louie,

You are right, mine at Dec. Nope, I did not sign up with California Fitness, I'm with Amore.

happygal

hi Leo and Louie,

so we are all derma fans liao,keke...
so when is ur next appt, Louie?
mine is tomorrow
happy.gif

how long hv u been BI, mine was last yr oct
hey both of u can join us in this beauty thread, name 'foundation good for face'
alot of BI fans there, we talk abt skincare n makeup, keke...

Leo, so u try ur gowns fitting, so when will be ur ps?
my ps next mth 11th! very fast hor?
my FH is involve in NDP so gotta hv it early, me so excited n happy! hee...
after ps, then will select my actual day gown
hee...me interested signing up with Amore also, but going for their trial lesson first
happy.gif

can email me tommorw?

may,
so how's ur ps? did u go Amara hotel for ps? My bridal coordinator, JLC sugessted going there, esp level 6th,hee...
happy.gif

jenn

Aries,
Nat told me there is a wedding show on 12 Apr next month with Xristos Couture House. You may wanna ask her for the form to sign up. The package will definitely be more attractive then...

Ya, the corkage is $20. Hmm... dunno why they so 'kiam siap' about the day room for helpers... Anyway occupancy cannot be 100% right?

Has anyone seen the bridal suite yet? Spacious and nice? hehe... cannot imagine if all helper + parents etc. all in the room, can be rather squeezy hor? :eek:)

Btw, did you all get Nat to specify in your contract when you signed the no. of bottles of wine which corkage is waived and the corkage charge etc which you all managed to negotiate with her?