Amara Sanctuary

jykm

Hi, im gona wed at march 2013. Considering AS and the sales manager i got was Samuel Tan. Any comments about him?

empty_pool

Hi Jason, my account got transferred to him after the previousl one left. SO far so good. Good to moderate your expectations. I think they generally are quiet until you askthem something, and remind them about your datelines. I am down to my last month of prep, will see if he is more on.

ballerina18

Due to last minute unable to meet the minimum tables required, we are letting go the package at a great discount of 4K with a minimum of 22 tables for dinner on 18 May 2012. Since I already will be losing money, must as well transfer to ppl who can really use it.

I am really not sure if they allow me to change dates again, but they have been rather accomodating. So if you are really looking at AS, do take the chance to takeover my package and you can save $$$..
Pls contact me for more information.

Hi all,

it's been a long long time that i checked back this thread....wedding was over since 3 months ago....

empty_pool, hi....dun worry about having Samuel...though he's really soft spoken and look like not kan cheong....but he did a good job for my wedding banquet....he made sure everything is settle and while meeting up with hubby n me....also brief us on the flow and wat to expect....we were also assigned a banquet coordinator call Guo Rong (it's either him or another guy call Alan) both is equally good....they are the so called "bulter" for us....making sure the whole event run smoothly and give us the que on wat to do next....Guo Rong took our instructions attentively and made sure everything go as planned.

It was really a stress free experience with them....

daprayer

Hey guys, I'm considering ASR for my wedding end of this year and I just went there for a site visit today
happy.gif
Can anyone who has signed with them or had their wedding there share with me their wedding package? I'm wondering whether I can negotiate for a better deal... thanks! U can PM me or email me at [email protected]

ballerina18

This is it. Couples, if you do have the intention to hold your wedding in ASR, DO IT! We just had ours on 18 May and the team headed by Treddy and Samuel was V. fantastic. Our day whisked by with nothing major happening and the itinery went on smoothly. We checked into our Villa 8 and though the unit was already quite old, the space was a huge welcome and make you feel like the wedding was held overseas! Total bliss! The living and bedroom area was separated and this made it easier for us to host our guests before the wedding dinner started. Bride to be pls remember to eat something for the day although you will feel panicky and with no appetite, but water and some food will help you manage the day better as I was down with gastric and bad sore throat that evening. For some couples, you may not have the villa in your package but no worries, the banquet itself will impress your guests just as mine did and they are still talking about how good and great the portion was. It will sure lit the smiles of your parents and made them proud. The foyer area was very grand just as the ballroom. It was an easy area to mingle with guests and take photos. I love the "makeup room" convert from a meeting room. Cos its so big that your whole family can sit in. Service wise is top notch. I leave everything in good hands to Treddy who ensured that the itinery was carried out smoothly from my ROM to the march in to the ending. It was just that close to perfection. Thumbs up ASR! Highly recommend. Very satisfied. Will definitely return. Newly weds, Chloe & Preston.

ibu

Hey all, does anyone know if our coordinator will remind us when to contact the florist and printer? Or we should actually monitor the dates ourselves?

ballerina18

Hi Ibu,

You may wish to visit the florist 5-6 weeks before and can hv sometime to decide what you like. As for printer, I suggest you do it once you have confirmed the no. of tables and do an estimate of how much cards you need and inserts you may need. Most importantly when is your target date to have all cards sent out then you do your printing 1-2 weeks before.

Hope this helps.

ibu

Thanks Queby, but actually what I meant was, do we need to initiate the contact with the vendors? And will our coordinator remind us when to do so?

ballerina18

Oops yea try not to depend on Coordinator for this now.. when is your AD? If you already know how many guests are turning up, then go talk to the printing vendor now. AS will just send you the email on the vendors and you will choose which vendor to deal with, you will meet them yourselves from there..choose the flower theme etc.

hugz_sweet

Hi Ibu, I was helping a friend for her wedding last dec. We had to coordinate ourselves. You just ask them for contact. It's faster this way too! Hope that's useful. Think the florist is still red petals
happy.gif

mew_pinkie

I'm sooo mad with AS. FREAKING POMPOOUS ASSS!!!!

Sales Manager Samuel. Super "helpful" during the meeting, promising to send this and that. However nothing was followed up after the meeting until I had to chase for it??!?!? URGH.

Plus it is SO ridiculous when it comes to dish upgrade. OMG. They actually expected us to pay $50++ and give up our tasting table to upgrade our dish to abalone (just one level upgrade).

OMG!!!!! I'm so freaking mad.

hugz_sweet

I gotta agree Samuel is not good at following up but on the day itself he did deliver and most imptly remembered everything that needs to be set up, it helps that I was the coordinator that day, make sure you get one of your friends to liaise everything on that day for a stressfree wedding!

I think my friend paid like 20-40 bucks to upgrade to cod fish per table too but it was super yummy!

empty_pool

yup, i had my wedding in Mar. Samuel was the coordinator. He tends to forget about follow-up,and it got me frustrated very often as well. However, during the last stretch, when i had last min changes, he was very helpful. And most importantly, he did made the mark on the actual banquet.
i figured out that for them, they are probably so used to it that they only react when its the critical period.

ballerina18

I agreed with Pool, maybe when we are getting married, we tend to get hyped up, but as long as all in your list are taken care of and just need to ensure they follow through, the Actual Day will definitely turn out fine! I just wrote a feedback to thank them.

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I hope this email is not too late to thank you a job well done by your Hotel staff on our wedding day on the 18 May.

Although we had a few mixed ups and unhappiness from the start, and I know I am not an easy person to handle, eventually the follow throughs from your staff Samuel and Jornus managed to get each and every single little thing worked wonderfully for us. The entire experience was further enhanced by your banquet team during our dish tasting in which both of our parents were very impressed with the dishes and the presentation. This would remain the same on the Actual Day as our guests gave very good reviews on how good the food and portion was. This we would like to give credit to the chef and his team for excellence who had noted our feedback. The event had made my parents very proud on that day.

Thank you for arranging a villa for us, although the property is already aging, we still love the rustic feel and the relaxing pool. The feeling just made up anything that was lacking.

The Day whizzed by very quickly and I was a very happy bride, I would like to give special thanks to Treddy who did an awesome job for us at our beck and call, I can never say enough to thank all of you for giving me a dream wedding that I will never forget for the rest of my life.

Well done Samuel! Well done Amara Sanctuary Resort!

Very happy and grateful,

Preston & Chloe

empty_pool

yup, can't agree more. we only do it once, so we tend to be more gan cheong. these people handle weddings day in, day out, so they know when to get hyped up.
the food was good during food tasting, and on actual day. the portions were large, which made it look very presentable.
we wrote them a letter of positive feedback as well :)

jesire

This thread is making me very excited..
I wanted to held at AS as well.. but their prices for 2014 not our yet.. and i am the super gan cheong type.. so afraid my date would be gone.. >.<

Congrats Queby!

Hi empty_pool, glad ur wedding went on smoothly!!...congrats and good to hear that!

For me, wedding have passed by 6 months and I still can remember vividly of the decor and mood...=D Can't wait to go back for our 1st anniversary stay!!

Hi Jesslyn, what u can do is tell them to inform u when they next wedding show will be...so u can check the price or even book ur date during the wedding. For me, i went to their wedding show at beginning of 2010 and booked for my wedding in Dec 2011. As their price for 2011 is not out yet, they gave me the 2010 price and i locked in that price. I think anything can be discussed. Good luck!!

tania_1985

Hi there. I'm getting married at Amara Sanctuary!!!
happy.gif
Been through a couple of websites and saw the pictures of the venues, they all look soo nice. Can't wait to see the actual place itself soon.

Oh by the way, saw them posting on their facebook &amp; website that there's a upcoming wedding show on 20th October? but there are charges, anyone attending?

xmarimox

yap! their wedding show is on 20th Oct! There's a charge of $38, which they are totally unwilling to waive for us, even though we are only going there to sign the contract.

Hi all, just want to share my bad experience with Samuel.
Samuel took a duration of 4 months just to finally resolved some of our requests. He did not follow up with me from our first meeting and I had to email him 1.5 months later to find out whether he's going to send me the contract. Of which he said that his colleague was suppose to follow up with me but due to miscom nobody responded to me.Throughout the negotiation, it was a take it or leave it attitude; perks were highly inflexible ..and no alternatives or solution offered either. Extremely passive.

He threw me the ultimate kicker by reducing my guest list at the shutters by a good 40 guests ( wanted to hold lunch and dinner at the restaurant)due to a restaurant renovation (100 pax max initially and now reduced to 80 pax). Such renovations should be highlighted earlier but was only communicated to us after 4 months of conversation.

Now I am frantically looking for another hotel just to make up for lost time and opportunity with other hotels. Very pissed off. Finally I'm in the midst of finalizing with grand Hyatt for another date; and at the same time re scheduling with church and mua etc. extremely frustrating!

If u r looking for a smooth wedding where proper service is to be expected , I highly do not recommend As.

shanechua

hi Zoey,

Did you hold your solemization at the glass house? are you able to share with me the info? I'm planning my solemization there as well.

shanechua

Hi Queby ,

Are you able to share with me your package in AS and the photographs? I'm planning to hold my wedding there but after reading the comments, i guess i have to think twice now.

Dear All,

Comments and feedback greatly appreciated.

E-mail me [email protected]

blackcude

anyone signed their package during the wedding show?
I signed with them , but after a few mails.. it's seem they are not so flexible..

so wanna ask those brides whom had their wedding there before.
For the glass pavilion , during your solemnization ,
do AS provide drinks and some canapés for the guest before the wedding dinner?

and the top up for change of fish to codfish, how much u guys had to top up?

thank you~~

blackcude

if u had a date , and keen to reserve this year.. most prob can use current rates shown online.
if u wait till next year, most of the prices will increase by 10%. that what everyone say and if u compare yearly rate too

fabulousrainbow

Wedding Show Upcoming

Amara Sanctuary Wedding Show 2014
Date: Sunday, 27 April 2014
Time: 12pm - 5pm
Venue: Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, Grand Ballroom
Price: $38 nett per couple

The event also highlights an exquisite sumptuous treat with the presentation of our latest 8-course Chinese banquet menu, specially crafted by our Executive Chef.

Together with wide range of bridal partner and vendors.

Addititonal perks on that day as well.

*Stand a chance to walk away with exciting lucky draw prizes! Attractive door gift for every couple and enjoy exclusive deals when you book your wedding package at the wedding show. *Terms apply.

http://sentosa.amarahotels.com/view-events/3651

alyooop

Wow... I just went through this whole thread and it sounds like there's only been little improvement over the years. We already paid deposit and our contact's response has gotten slightly quicker so shall not say too much now and jinx our AD next year. Gonna reserve judgement first ^^"

short

any recommendations for amara sanctuary? they are having a wedding open house today but i am not sure if it is worth to head down...

alyooop

any recommendations for amara sanctuary? they are having a wedding open house today but i am not sure if it is worth to head down...
If you want a small intimate thing, there's the rom package with the glass pavilion and booking of Shutters for buffet. Just had ours last month and everyone said the food was nice. But if you're looking at a banquet, I'm not too sure how it is... Our hotel coordinator told us it's more worth it to attend the open house if you want a banquet, so we didn't go since we had a buffet lunch.

blackcude

it's def worth it to go to their wedding show! u will get much more den usual package~ we had our wedding last nov, it was amazing! everyone rave abt the food and their support to us is also very good~!

xiaojun87

Dear brides to be, let me share my terrible wedding experience at Amara Sanctuary.
My sales manager Ji Wen En is samn screwed up.
1. Firstly, he forced us to sign the contract before he explained to us.
2. He didn't bother asking us for updates on the banquet. I have to chase him for everything such as wedding favours, table layout. He only asked us for updates on the ACTUAL banquet day.
3. We send out direct authorisation form for credit card payment 1 month before the banquet but it was not deducted at all. He blamed on the finance dept.
4. On the actual banquet day, he didn't give my contract to my banquet manager. My banquet manager shows me the wrong table layout arrangement.
5. Our wedding favour was wrong and he blamed it on the vendors.
6. He overcharged me by the 10k on that day.
7. He promised us refund on Monday but it is tuesday now and after chasing him for refund, he then go and check. Now we are stranded for payment overseas.

So freaking angry.
#amarasanctuarywedding #banquet #wedding #amarasanctuary #amara