Amanda Lee Weddings

A

advice

Hi carmen

I like Silhouette partly because of the boutique. It makes you feel comfy and not cramp like many others. Each time I tried my gowns there makes you really feel like a princess , you knwon what I mean....

frankly, the fact that Amanda is new in the business, so all the more I don't really advice taking up hers.. That's just my opinion...

My photographer is a free-lancer not from Silhouette..

Happy searching, I'm sure you'll like silhouette..

cldc75

Hello,

I have visited both Amanda & Silhouette, overall conclusion is

Amanda is friendly but I dun actually like the gowns she let me tried on neither do i like the gown she draw for me....maybe i have different expectation..but she is basically quite accomodating.

Minda attended to me in Silhouette, is very professional and experienced let me try on almost 7 ~ 8 WG so i know which is suitable for me. When I visited Amanda she told me i am not suitable for big gowns coz of my hubby height but Minda told me differently she said i can still have my dream of a big gown...and she show me some examples really think she give frank and good recommendation.

We visited BV too...but my hubby think Silhouette is the best choice among these three boutiques. Thou Sil is also the most expensive among these 3 but we most likely confirmed them.

And like what advice mentioned....visit Silhouette I am sure you will be impressed by their professionalism and friendly service.

One point...thou i booked appointment wif minda but when we reached there she went out awhile only miah and heath were there but heath still bother to entertain us and talk to us.

when me and my hubby wore the WG and suit and minda went to the "store" to take out more WG for me to try, Heath come over to adjust the clothing for us and talk to us too...they are very friendly too! I nearly want to choose Heath as my designer but minda is very good too!
happy.gif

sep03

hi cldc75,

I agree that Sil provides good service, minda attended to me...was impressed even though it was the first boutique i visited....at the end of the day it was one of two boutiques i shortlisted as "finalist"....

I guess the factor which made me not choose Sil was bcoz i was apprehansive abt designers leaving the boutique...as in amanda's case...so well, chose ted wu to feel more "secured".... ;-)

I would also like to add that a close friend of mine related a "bad" experience abt amanda'a attitude and "moods"...but i guess this is "woman", rite? ;-D

minmin

hi everyone

need to check out with u guys which bridal boutiques are better:
1) ted wu
2) bridal veil
3) margaret brides
4) amanda lee
5) emanuel
6) frederick lee

i am so confused!!!
sad.gif

poki

Hi summer

I more or less have decided to signed up with Amanda oredi.... no wedding date yet... still waiting for my MIL's shifu to pick an auspicious date...

Have you visited Amanda??

A

aa

what's the speciality of amanda's? eg. beading, emboidery, crystals, etc.

mint

Hi minmin,

There's no better bridal boutique. It's how you click with the designer. You need to go down to all the boutiques and talk to them. See which one you feel most comfy with and which package is within your budget. Also depends on the style that you like.

Happy shopping!!
happy.gif

H

hf

Hi

Does anyone of you know what is the package like if we take Chris Ling as photographer?

mi chris ling supporter, been to quite of lot of boutique that he tied up with and still cannot decide which boutique.

btw, anyone know where is amanda shop, i know its at cantonment but near why ?

THANKS

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi HF,

Amanda Lee Weddings is at one of the shop houses that are along Cantonment Road. The shop houses are directly opposite the new Police Canotment Complex building. The nearest MRT station is Outram Park station.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

flowee

ladies

its walkin dist from outram mrt station...
its best 2 check out the street map 2 get a better idea where amanda's shop is located...

scoobydoo

hi..all future brides...
seen lots of comments on amanda and sil..
I got my wedding package from sil..and designer was amanda.
Personally, I love my wedding dress, evening gown, and love the service by amanda.
I would say dat she's professional..she did a very good job for me..so i guess you really have to know the designer and see if you can really "click" with her. Just tell her exactly wat you wan. I trusted her in the design and she didn't disappoint me. Been to her new shop too..very nice and cosy..of cos doesn't have many gown as it's a new shop..but seen few of her new piece..impressive..

As for the photographer, she tied up with benny ang also..

flowee

scooby

tks 4 ur reassurance on amanda's services...
i had signed up with her...
will b headin dn 4 my designs soon...
happy.gif

flowee

confused

if i aint wrong, freddie, jacquline n jasmine r the make up artist who tie up with amanda lee wedding...
personali i aint sure abt their styles...
had engaged freddie coz of gd comments from my gf who r with him...

its best u pay amanda a visit 2 get a feel of her gowns n also 2 check out on her bridal package...
hv fun!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

mint

confused,

I also had freddie as my make-up artist. He's really good. He transformed me into a beautiful angel...hehe!! Even my aunts all said he was very good and were super impressed by him! He's also very chatty and humourous. You may check out my studio pics to look at the make-up done by him. I asked for a natural look. I think he can do drama-mama kind if you want...

http://photos.yahoo.com/pamgordon

flowee

mint

tks 4 sharin your studio pixs...
ur pixs r taken by robin izit???
n your bridal???
congrates n wishin u a blissful marriage!!!

mint

flowee,

Yes, fotos by robin, boutique is Silhouette but design of gowns was done by Amanda (when she was with Silhouette)

flowee

pink

i aint goin 4 full lace...
adopted amanda's suggestion...
a off white bustier top with lace scattered ard n a 2 layer organza over duchess satin aline...
as 4 eg, its a reddish pink 2 pcs outfit...
a toga top n cinch-detailed on skirt...
had confirmed the design n done with my measurement yesterdaz...

as 4 my guy, he will b headin dn on jan 03 2 discuss over his suit n also 2 take measurement then...

flowee

pink

m glad i manage to settle the outline of the gown tat fast...
m pleased with her ideals so i buy it without further thots...

foto shot in jun 03...

confused

Hi mint and flowee

Thanks for sharing. so how do you find amenda service? from the other thread, heard that she is tempermental. any views on this?

I would also like to find out more about the other make-up artist.

anyone can help?

flowee

confused

hv u meet up with amanda b4???
if yes, how do u find her service???
i wld strongli urge u 2 pay her a visit ( if u hvnt )...
get a feel of her gowns n interact with her...
u r able 2 understd her better from there...
as a potential client 2 b, u r the best person 2 judge her ( i also heard abt her tempermental mood swings )...
as far as i m concerned, i had a wonderful time durin my 1st appt ( b4 i signed up with her ) n also durin my design sessions...

which make up artist r u interested in???
n when is ur weddin???

flowee

coal

y dun u pay amanda a visit n ask her 2 show u the works done by the other 2 female make up artist???
u will hv a clearer pixs on their make up technique then...
juz my thots...

coal

flowee,
i've done tat. can't choose fred cos he was taken up, can't c the diff btw the 2 gals.
i wan a more light n natural kind.
so jas or jac fit the bill

flowee

coal

u mean u r signin up with amanda but u hvnt make up ur mind on ur make up artist???
y dun u ask amanda 2 suggest???
think all make up artist can achieve the natural look...
btw when is ur weddin???
congrates!!!

flowee

coal

r u the lady @ amanda's shop last sat ard 4+pm???
saw a couple with 1 of their parent ( nt sure the lady's mum or the guy's mum ) durin my appt on sat...

yes poki n myself usin the same make up artist...

mint

Hi confused,

I'm not sure about Amanda's temperamental moods cos during the times that I met up with her, I din feel that way... Do pay her a visit and see if you "click" with her... my make-up artist was freddie and he's really good...my aunts till today still talks about him...hehe!!

sunny

Hi

Need advise on whether amanda give picture on her design? if she does, how many will she draw for us.

How do you find her service? will she give advise on which gown suits you etc. and how many times do you meet up with her before she come up with the drawings>

eustoma

on my 1st appointment with her, she let me try a few gowns then she sketched a wedding and evening gown for me telling me how's the detailing will be like. of course, this's not the final product, can still change.

flowee

sunny

like wat eustoma had experienced, amanda will do u a mock up 4 u durin ur 1st visit n does sketch out a WG n EG...
u dun hv 2 meet up with her 'many times' 2 c the sketches ( she sketch out on the spot after u tried out the gowns n also after ur input of ur prefered styles )
she will also suggest wat she feels look best on u...

btw hv u visited her b4???

m a satified customer ( 2 date )...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

sunny

Flowee

I went down to her boutique. but very confused with what i shall do. she doesn't really indicate the timeline to us.

eustoma

hi sunny, did u ask her abt the timeline? she'll definitely tell u when and what to do. at least that's what we talked abt during the 1st appt.

sunny

Hi flowee

what do you find amenda design? how many design did she draw for you? do you find her too accommodating, did not really give her views?

flowee

eustoma

tks 4 sharin ur bridal...
confirmed ur gowns???

sunny

like wat i had mentioned earlier...
m a happi amanda lee bride 2 date...
happy.gif

i personali like the design she had suggested 2 mi...
n had adopted her ideas...
she gave her opinions when it comes 2 the style n color of my gowns...
can comment on ur visit since u visited her b4...

btw wat is the timeline which u hv been referin 2 in ur earlier postin???
mi still blur over it...

sunny

flowee

i find that she does not really give her own views. she does not really know what the client want even if we describe it to her.

pay so much more for a designer, definitely we would wan her to be frank on her views, if not would have done our own desiging.

the timeline is when she will call us for designing, choosing of fabric, first appt.....

btw, when if your wedding? have you confirm your gown design with amanda? care to share your design?

eustoma

y you did not choose amanda? can share?

flowee

sunny

i personali feel tat u hv 2 b comfortable with ur designer...
diff couples hv diff expectations with the same designer...
since u mentioned u aint able 2 communicate with her, i wld advise u 2 move on with ur bridal search...
hv fun shoppin ard...
happy.gif