Advice for PLus Size brides

royal

MLH, 44 couples at digio? sure or not?? They how the MUA run the show? They started at 12mid night? pity the 1st couple... hahaha..Joking!!!

Jengcc- okie.. MLH willing to loan me hers. thanks.. but I'll still look them up at Daniel Yan and Just...cos thinking to buy one to keep for future use too...

Thanks All. Did u all see a pretty big fat pig jumpying? ..... Yippie!! It's weekend!! Yippie Hurray!!!

mlh

Range,
mine is Mid-Autumn festival, yes!! hot date, no hotel & q for wedding car decor etc

Royal,
Yes, its 44 couples, heard that all the MUA become supermen / superwoman on that day...
Unfortunitely, i am the first bride lor...started my make up at 4.30am
sad.gif

luvcyncyn

Hi Royal and mlh!
paiseh.i didn't login to check your replies!
sigh.i am damn stressed!

and Royal! i think i seen your gown before!champage gown right?!the first time that i went to jesline, i asked her to show me her workmanship for plus size gowns and she showed me your gown!she said that she sent alot of time and dedication doing your gown.
there were no beads on then but i saw you pictures recently on your muliply!its gorgeous!u look really good!

but i am so stressed lately sigh.especially when my bf is so skinny.

by the way, royal and mlh!your mtm gown from digio how is the daytime gown?and did you girls managed to get any gowns for outdoor shoots?

mlh

Cynderella,
Both my wedding gown & evening gown are MTM, same as Royal.
I managed to find the outdoor gowns for photoshooting, no worries, they will have your size cos i am bigger size than u neh...

luvcyncyn

hi MLH!
its good to know that have outdoor gowns for photoshooting!so worried that will not find any.and everyone has been stressing me to go diet.but i don't really want to.i like the way that i am.sigh.

maybe i should just realx more.lol

mlh

Cynderella,
when is your PS & AD?
DiGio can alter the gown to fit you, but the gown must be able to alter.
Sad to say, they have gowns for you but limited choice.
Yes, rest well & relax!!

royal

Ranger!!
Missed u leh! Hope you had a very very good time!
Jazzy, you too! Thank God it rained middle of the night and by morning all sky cleared and weather cool!!

taime81

Hi Royal, you can try daniel yan and there is another 1 at central square tampines lvl 2, selling tea dress kind, got sell the shawl you mentioned before in white but not cheap. The one i saw sometime back is in white with beads above $20 or $30.

Can help me decide which long winter jacket is nicer?

http://www.orangebear.com.tw/products/showdetail.aspx?preorder=081112&seriesID=E835

http://www.orangebear.com.tw/products/showdetail.aspx?preorder=081112&seriesID=E893

http://www.orangebear.com.tw/products/showdetail.aspx?preorder=081112&seriesID=E892

royal

great! everyone seems to enjoy their own wedding! Hope mine will be the same in not, more fun! crossing my fingers and pray hard! Fine weather, fine traffic, fine guests!!

Yuppie.. MLH - one 1 dumby - ranger, the bal 2 are smarties..(wink wink), when do I meet you to collect my stuff leh? Ranger just finished her wedding..let's make her treat us, okie? ..Yohooo...Ranger....

Charmaine - Thanks. I got my shawl liao..I persoanlly prefer the 1st link..more simple and not too 'loud", kinda of classy

mlh

Royal,
hahaha...this week too occupied, maybe next week then, and i can bring the stuff to you.

Jazzy,
Great to hear that you have enjoyed your wedding
happy.gif
show us photo when it is ready, i have seen the photos uploaded by Ranger, no time to comment
happy.gif

taime81

Hi Royal, where you got yrs is it expensive? You cansider batam, the last time my dad help me colleague to book quite cheap, less than $100 pax if not mistaken including meals. Or you can try genting.

royal

I got mine at isetan..6 dollars only..pashmere type..but ok, can go well with my dress..

Dun wan Genting leh..too crowded. Called desaru resorts all fully booked.
Now thinking of local hotel..but all so expensive..sigh!

jengcc

congrats jazz n ranger on ur wonderful wedding!!

royal, can go batam, i went n stay at harris complete with 3hrs spa/ massage super shiok n value for $$ think 200++/ couple inclu stay 1 meal/ massage/ 1 nite stay/ ferry tix..
can chk out five star travel for that
happy.gif

mlh

Royal,
i also suggest Batam.
Recently my brother went to Bintan, he said not worth going cos everything expensive there
sad.gif

taime81

Hi royal, if you wanna i can get it book for you directly from batam travel agency. Cheaper. Can get discount cause the agency belongs to my dad friend. The trip include tax and transport to tour around the island, bring tourist to massage etc. Remember to buy their kwek lapis. My colleagues love it to core, everytime i go need to buy 4-5 2kg cakes for them & mil.

I usually stay at the golden view hotel, family suite, very big with juccuzzi in the bathroom. LOL. Very nice, lobby got pool table, nice quiet pool.
http://www.goldenviewhotelbatam.com/

Must try their seafood man next to the hotel. 933 Seafood. Fresh & cheap!

jengcc

royal, if u gonna end up in singapore go to sentosa, chk urself into siloso beach resort n get a room with the roof top jacuzzi..
relive some fun touring ard sentosa or u can jus stroll along the sandy beaches n watch sunset.
oh.. can c my pics in multiply
happy.gif

taime81

Hi Royal, there will be chances. Not to worry. Usually i go over the weekend. Hubby always think his leave are precious cause can encash. LOL...

Wow Jeng, yr hubby is romantic kind. Envy.

Btw, not sure if you all like couple tee. Cause me n hubby like it. Hardly find couple tee in plus size, but just saw that orangebear has it.
http://tw.user.bid.yahoo.com/tw/show/auctions?userID=orangebear168&u=orangebear168&clf=19
Hee...i'm getting the long sleeve heart n key 1. Just nice for my genting trip w hubby.

snow19

hi guys, if im not wrong taiwan do sell clothes that is plus size. i've know a friend that have this spree and she normally do put the taiwan link that sell plus size clothes. any of you who wants the link can pm me :D

bbbs

dear all...
i'm less than 3 weeks to my big day and i feel i've no time for it
sad.gif

my mil who is not helping keep complaining tt my hubby never go home see her...
my hubby do sales.. so hes quite bz.. when u r bz during bad economy tt means its gd biz.. but yet she doesnt understand. so YANG ORH.. keep wanting my hubby to go home accompany her... zzzzz.. we reach home nearly 10pm everynight. ive to feed my dogs, do a bit of hse work den doze off for the night... how cum my MIL do not understand at all???
SHE DOESNT need to help out for the wedding.. ask her write guest list also lazy
sad.gif
my FIL work night shift.. so they wake up at 3pm everyday ??? our timing is so different ...
and my hubby has to work on SAT / SUN too... SHE JUST FARKING DUN UNDERSTAND?!??!?!?!?!?!

SIgh... sorrie.. i just need to rant

piyo21

yuan, all mil are like that la. Juz endure loh. What to do
Me also having a lot of problems.
At first, me n my FH dont want to have any wedding dinner one. But my in laws insist of having cos they wanted to invite relatives. But ending up, most relatives are not in Spore, cannot attend.

So, end up i cant meet the minimum no of tables required. Then last sat, i was saying if know like that we should nt have dinner in the first place. Then, my mil say that she didnt insist us of holding dinner, buffet also can.
abcdzxuh@#*$@@

jengcc

charmaine, ok lah.. romantic all save for occasions.. normal days don have like tat

yuan/ ling, tell me abt MILs *lol~*
i can write 3D3N also cannot finish the story..
basically all MILs r EVIL & HORRIBLE & VERY FREE..

missyling

hi ladies.... very long din come in...
glad to see everyone is well...

Yuen, no worries abt mils...
i dun have a gd one as well...
worst is fil oso got prob kind...
-_-"

bbbs

hi gals,
i went to try my gown yd and i love it love it love it... i cannot escape my fate tt im fat.. but i think the gown is very sweet... it uses different kind of satins... and with a bustier tt has 6 fish bone inside to lengthen my body... it slit open like a empire cut.. and im wearing pants inside... with a long train. i think overall its sweet.. best.. no corset, no girdle for me and im very comfortable.. and no hot hot organza.. cuz my wedding is outdoor.. so in short, i love my gown

royal

Yuan, when is your AD? ur detailing work not done?? got enough time or not?
My BS did the basic detailing when I tried the gown for the 1st time leh

I hv 7 days to my AD! super kan cheong!

bbbs

ooh. my detailing and laces are done...
i dont hv evening gown cuz mine is a garden wedding :p
im going to collect them soon
happy.gif

my AD is on 8th dec
and i did it at fays couture

eternity321

Hey gals

Can someone recommend some bridal shops that have a good range of plus size gowns?

I have been to these so far
1) Di Gio
2) Yvonne Creative
3) Satine
4) Santiago (aka @ Weddings) replace @ with Z

So far, most impressed with Di Gio WG collection and service as they let me try a few which all looks good but find their price quite steep.

Planning to check out The Aisle and White Weddings, Golden Horse too.. any comments on these?

royal

Hi Yuan,

your detailing n laces done up? that's a super fast service from your BS.
Show us your final pic leh!

eternity321, all the BS you mentioned here, i only know Digio and YC... Their gowns are nice... Prie steep..then u must negotiate for good deal.. get them to throw in more pics, freebies..etc...

peaberry

Hi ladies, I'm a Nov 09 BTB and am looking around for a bridal studio too. Am currently a size 14 and am actively working out and eating right, so hopefully will be fitter by the time I have to step into my gown. :p

Am currently looking at Di Gio, Divine Couture and GHA; glad to read that many of you have good reviews of Di Gio. Has anyone had any experiences with Divine Couture? Thanks much ya!

royal

Ranger,

ya..3 weddings! excited n scared! Hope I dun fall down flat on my face!

Ytd was at my BS, Digio saw quite a few plus size gown...think they have increase their collections.

taime81

Hi Royal,

Wow that is good news. LOL...going in apr - may to find my grown @ digio.

Hi Peaberry & eternity, personally i feel that sign earlier is cheaper. I got quite a good deal for my bridal, pg & vg, and hotel banquet.
happy.gif