Advice for PLus Size brides

qingqing

YA YA duckling help me reserve ha ha ha
330977.gif

sandsand

Any of u girls who have done ur PS have any advice for posing during PS? Like which angle to take from? Making use of shadows.. etc?

nivedita1

ribbons, me a plus size bride.. size 22. think no forum gal is my size.lol anyway if the fotographer is pro, he/she will advice how to post, when i got my pics will show u all k
=)

sereneli

Hi Niv,

You are right. If the photographer is professional, they will use lighting and also teach you the way to post to appear less big.
happy.gif

mrsj

hihi, I'm new to the forum. need some advise.
i'm a size 16+. anyone knows if any of the BS have OTRs at such sizes?
almost have a phobia of visiting any BS cos dunno if any shop would have OTR such sizes.
I am pretty sure I'll probably have to MTM, but it would be great to be able to try on a few designs to decide what is suitable for me before the BS starts making the dress.

qingqing

i guess most bridal shop have OTR for the plus size gals lah dun worry hehehe i am one of them afraid got no gown for me heehee but it turn out ok leh

susanfoo

mrs.j, i'm not allow to post the website name here.just type out the bridal name with .com

else you can search yahoo for the website

qingqing

mrs j just hop in to any bs and chek their package and oso check whether they allow u to try on any gown some bridal shop they do hee hee .....

hosome

hey ladies... I'm plus size too.. was wondering if any of you knows where to get good girdles with the ones covering the thighs too...? I need to get it before my first fitting....
happy.gif

mrsj

hello gals, allure charix is clearing their plus size dresses at 50% till the end of this month. after march they will no longer be stocking plus sizes.
went down yesterday to try some pieces. the dresses and prices are really very good. unfortunately did not find something that is suitable for me.

foreverhappy

Hi Mrs J

What is the biggest size they have? Can estimate how much does one cost after the 50% discount and how can i get there? The offer is until this march har?

Sorry to ask you so many question. Thanks

auldreay

Ho,
I saw this girdle at Watsons, advertised on TV. It is from above the knee all the way to below the bust. Said to help slim the tummy, buttocks and tighs. Maybe you wanna check it out.

mrsj

hello apple no problem =)

i believe they have up to size 18. the original prices are about 700 and up, so a 50% would make it 350 and up..
yes it's only up till end of march. after which they will just clear them all out for export.

mrsj

oh that's too bad. =(

I just got a contact from a photographer. Have yet to see the gowns as the lady is in the midst of moving. heard she has some big sizes cos of her clientele.
Will check out her shop this weekend if it is ready. will update on what she has on offer when i do.

zarcy

Hi!! I'm a new forum member of spore brides!! My friends recommended me to try out this website! I am a plus size too - about Size 14 or 16 depending on the cutting..I am having my ROM at yr end. I'm now looking desperately for a nice ROM dress. I saw this shop allure chrarix being discussed about in the forun...may I know the address?

snoopyzann

hey mrs j. can let me know wat's the outome after u visited the lady (with big sized gowns) this weekend. i'd also like to know what she has to offer...thanks!!

jumbo

no problem, zarcy.. with ur size, shouldnt be a problem.. u not engaging any bs? if u do, can ask ur bs to tailor one for u.. will cut on ur cost on this.. anyway, take a look at Allure first and get some idea what kind of dress suits u lor.. can look through magazine for some design and tailor one..
happy.gif

mrsj

hi snoopyzann,
no prob i will update on this thread =)

hi zarcy,
think you should be alright. when i was searching for my ROM dress, i went to Celia Loe and Just. Did not take spend time to search, tailor made a dress at Just for 250 in the end. think for that or a little more you can get some ROM packages already.

i read from another thread to check out weddingfashion, an online wedding dress shop. perhaps you can look at it also.

zarcy

thanks for all the good advice. Anyway I went down yesterday to allure. the lady was very nice. Very nice gowns..but very few selections. All the good ones must have been sold off. LAst day today to go if anyone wants to go...Some of their non-sale items are very beauttiful. Tried on one bridal gown that i tot was never suitable to me coz it's bustier-styled but i turned out ok....Thanks for all the all the good advice from mrs j and jumbo!!

jumbo

hi zarcy, bustier is nice.. before i try on bustier, i always thought tat i can only wear off-shoulder or gowns with sleeve which i really hate it.. but after visited number of bs.. and after try out so many gown, i decided to go for bustier and my designer encourage me to go bustier too..

if u wanna see my rom and ps photo, can pm me
happy.gif

zarcy

i can't pm during work :< . but my email is [email protected]

Maybe if you have an online album maybe can send to me the link? Btw, which bs did you choose? I am also scouting for one that is not too cheena.....

por

hi jumbo,

thank u for the link. it was nice. u dun really look big size as compare to me lor.. i of size 18 wor..