AD Photogrpahy Questions

inspectorgadget

While it is true that photographers and videographers should be well-equipped, I do not agree that the cost of equipment should be the main differentiating factor.

For couples who are particular, they need to know the service providers' vision for photography and videography for the wedding or event.

Couples should know the vision and style that they are buying into. If you just look at equipment, might as well go rent and ask friends to use it.

What if stop motion becomes the "IN" thing? Don't really need the very high end video camera, right? Still camera will do, right?

It's cute. Gadgets talking about creatives and creatives talking about gadgets ;)
I wasn't suggesting to leave creatives out. Merely addressing the post above mine and this thread in essence on AD PG. Couples should choose whichever IN thing so long it fulfills their requirement, be it documentary or having something cool and outrageous. It always starts with what the couples want.

The Academy Video Wedding Producers (AWP)
Academy Video Productions Pte. Ltd.
www.academyvideo.com.sg
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Singapore-Singapore/Academy-Video-Productions-Pte-Ltd/11940238337?ref=ts

T: 6535 9664

divineparadise

One point for all BTBs to consider. The photographer must be one that not only is professional with his photography skills (which most of us are most concerned about), but also have a open and sociable personality. I was quite offended by one of my friend's photographer who was very rude and unfriendly (also very calculative) throughout the entire AD, which really spoilt the mood of the wedding! The photographer (B*Y*NJ**N) rudely refused to help us take photos and seems to rushed through the entire wedding.. terrible service!

blinky03

As a former bride, i feel everyone has their "factors" when looking for a service provider, whether it's hotel, PG, VG, makeup artist. Skills, chemistry, pricing, add-on perks, etc all play a part. Some couples are willing to pay more if certain qualities stand out or something about the provider appeals to them. Some won't pay a cent more for anything... At the end of the day, it's a free market. Everyone chooses something for their own reason.
happy.gif

vennice

ruthu> what do you mean by refuse to take photos? can u briefly describe more? and which PG is this, so that I can take note and not recommend to anyone further. thanks!

sherlin

For those gatecrashing in the morning and have lunch banquet, how would the videographer have time to do the montage?

crypaz

Met up with a photographer went through the package with him, negotiated the price, told him need to consider, he mentioned that it's a hot date so got to reply by XX date.

I replied him through email informing him wouldn't be taking the package. And the reply i got was "thank you for freeing the date for other couples"

Do you think he is too much?

angjanice

wow that's kinda rude as far as i'm concerned..wouldn't wanna engage such a photographer no matter how good his works are..

min_min_87

I think the PG not very tactful and he forgot about the power of word of mouth.. when a PG or any other service provider piss a bride off, he pissed a lot of brides off... if he pleased one bride.. a lot of brides would be pleased. afterall, he doesnt know so many of us are on the forum meh?

crypaz

haha min min 87 that's a good one.
I wanted to reply him "You are welcome. I'm also glad that we did not take up your offer"

chinzilla

<3 the reply! ..

reminds me of a VG i inquired. My PG recommended him to me and after some email correspondence, i mentioned that I like his works, but I had a budget to keep to. And asked for a consultation so I could talk face to face and see if we could adjust the timings. (e.g. like half day AD VG and the remainder time for pre-wedding video)but they only reply I got from him was " go through see what you need, I'm busy and no time to meet" sigh.. tho i really loved his works.. I felt v slighted. hrmz.

worse thing was his last email was to ask if I found a PG, when I stated in the first plc it was my PG that rec him.

Really makes me feel sometimes, no $$ can forget about a wedding

angjanice

keke..sometimes is lidat..heard from my friends that a particular vg/pg company got "commercialized" and the boss' attitude like changed liao.. :p

yesterdayschild

we had a really bad experience with Jude Seah from ImpressionPhotog. It's been 1yr ++ after our wedding and we still have not gotten our album. he had stop responding to our attempts to contact him. what to do with this type of irresponsible behaviour?

lemonzil

I'm looking for AD photographer. Any recommendations?

lemonzil

Hi Tania,

Thanks for the recommendation. Have you personally tried his services before?

andrew0125

U can try to look for Max or Yi Ke Shu from WAYNE Studio. Their team
not bad, they done my AD VG &amp; PG very nice, last year.