A VERY GOOD LIQUID EYELINER--PLEASE RECOMMEND

oraia

hi sun,

really? i'm so bad at eyeliners i always use pencil ones. are liquid ones easier to use?

mnsun

oh no, pencil ones are definitely easier to use. but, liquid ones give you a more defined line. i use both pencil and liquid ones depending on ocassion and my dressing.

for liquid liners, you have to have a very steady hand. and if the tip is slightly 'harder', it also makes it easier to apply. for me, maybelline's tip texture is very good. and of course it's important for the liquid liner to be waterproof or it may smudge easily.

mnsun

the subject heading is asking for "liquid liners" that's why i recommended my fav liquid liner.

caratsoup

Hi Sun,

Does using liquid eyeliner require lots of initial practice? My friend told me that liquid ones does not smudge as easily as pencil-types. Is it true?

mnsun

caratsoup,

depends. some of my friends hv very steady hands so they find it easy to apply from the start.

for me, i needed some practice, in the sense that in the beginning, i needed more time to apply it nicely and always has a cotton bud and cleansing cream ready on hand to correct mistakes. basically, when you are just beginning to use liquid liners, try to only use it when you have the time. when you are more familiar then you can do it faster.

yes, pencil ones by the end of the day, sometimes your natural face oil or make up touch up can smudge or remove your pencil liner. however, a waterproof liner stays true and the same all day long!

Personally i use both pencil and liquid. pencil for very casual days eg going to market, hawker centres etc... liquid for work, shopping, night and on "sweaty" ocassions eg bbq, zoo etc...

For work/shopping/night etc, i end my liquid liner with a slight curl at the outer corner of my eyes to 'open' up my eyes more, as well as to give it a more dramatic effect, which i think is quite sexy. ;-P

For 'sweaty' events, i do not do the curl at the corner for a less dramatic effect.

however, if i am just going to a friend's place for casual gathering, going to HDB centrals etc, then i will just use pencil liners.

star_455

Hi Twiggy

I am using Loreal liquid eyeliner. I think its great and have been using it for a couple of years already.

twiggy

Jaskhoo,
Thanks for your recommendation. Kohl means the pencil type right?

Hi Gals,
Thanks for the feedback. Will try the Maybelline one first cos it's not too expensive.

Any more feedbacks are welcome. April's Her World issue recommended Stila liquid eyeliner (which also comes with mascara on the other end) as reader's choice and Chanel's liquid eyeliner as editor's choice. Anyone tried either one of them.

sunflower_88

I'm using the Loreal Liquid eyeliner, have been using this brand for a couple of years too. Find that it is very easy to apply. However it is not waterproof.

btw for those using pencil eyeliner, issit very difficult to remove?

frangipani

i m using pencil.. n mine is water proof as well.. it's not difficult to remove if you use a oil make up remover like fancl cleansing oil

pinkylove

hi,
anyone can help?
how to apply eyeliner? is it to be thick or just a thin line close to the upper lash?
I am single eye lided, so when i draw a line line close the lash, look as though never apply. But a thick one look very fake..
How?? any advice?

takahara

Angie,

U need to gauge..not too thick n not too thin..n not too near to ur upper lash as u said it..like as if u did not apply any. It should gradually starts thicker from the corner of ur eye (near the nose bridge) n thinner towards the end. To create a slightly bigger eyes look..juz have to extend the eyeliner outwards abit.

pinkylove

thanks Ally,
i shall practice with your "imparted skills"..heehee..
happy.gif

nslconnie

i think it would be good to start with both pencil n liquid eyeliner.. as in you line with your eyes 1st then followed by the liquid liner? it works for me! =)

forrestgump4

Hi,

Maybe can try bobbi brown's Gel Liner. Its water based so not smudge easily cos its not oil based. But you'll need to get their ultra fine liner brush and dip a little into it.Then draw line to test on hand then start drawing on your lids.

Get the makeup artist to teach you how to draw,they will be pleased to show and teach you how. And the liner wun come off unless you use eye makeup remover. Smudge proof and that's what i like about it.
happy.gif

adura

i use a very good and cheap liquid eye liner.. its waterproof and doesnt smudge.. it costs only $3. u can get it from those little india shops. it comes in a small pot-like thingy. and one pot lasts u very long.

whether its think or thin line, u experiment and see whats best for u.. normally thick one would be more dramatic, thin one more natural. see whats best for u. also, nowadays, liquid eyeliner doesnt just come in black.. so experiment!

sukkimi

I'm using bobbi brown gel eye liner with BB brush. Is easy to use and the effect is nice. But the brush will easily harden (very dry) so i spray some toner on the brush before using.

For liquid, i use sheseido, this one need skills but the effect is more dramatic. Only "liquid" can do it

sukkimi

I'm using bobbi brown gel eye liner with BB brush. Is easy to use and the effect is nice. But the brush will easily harden (very dry) so i spray some toner on the brush before using.

For liquid, i use sheseido, this one need skills but the effect is more dramatic. Only "liquid" can do it

alphinsis

hi every1 out there, juz to share some info with all of u.

i'm a makeup artist so i'll b frank, all brands r the same (except for those with no brands)dun b fool by the glamour brandnames...the main ingredients r the same

maybelline is great for the budget ones..shu umera is good too for those who wan spend a bit more...

to draw realy well, juz practice n more practice....a little tip for begineers...u know felt pen tip? (when u press harder on your writing material, the writings becom thicker)
works the same way with the liquid liner too..finer line=light handed thicker line=heavy handed

one more tip, if ur afraid of mistakes,dun put on your eye makeup 1st, juz powder or your foundation 1st...any mistakes be quick to wipe them away or else if it dries, good luck to your concealor n powder u've beautifully done up..

hope these tips help any1 out there....

sillygal

I like missha's liquid eyeliner as the brush is thin but stiff enough to give a thin line.. it doesnt smudge and it comes off easily with makeup remover!

MAC's fluidline is good too!

supremeham

hi dears
happy.gif

heres my bit on eyeliners after "researching" the jap mags... i am using the kate liquid eyeliners (it is the cheaper range under kanebo and only sold in selected kanebo outlets) it is very lasting and it does not wear off even after a day...its also recommended by most japanese mags cos of the price and the length of use... also, it does not come out "thick" and gluey like some of the liquid ones i had used before... it is more of a natural water-based like finish
happy.gif

tip on applying eyeliner: for a natural finish, apply it close to the roots of ur lashes and also to make ur eyes look bigger, emphasize the concaved part of ur eye (imagine ur eye as a semi circle) and apply more at the top part... cos it would emphasize your cornea and make ur eyes brighter and bigger
happy.gif
*ps: the kate(kanebo) website offered tips on applying and using their products ;) u can check it out if u r interested, but pity it is in japanese though*

nibblenut

after trying out lotsa brands, i've decided to stick to MAC's fluidline. very easy to use, with the brush. doesn't smudge (hv to remove w cleansing Oil) a bit pricey tho.

I love Bobbie Brown's gel liner! It's very easy to apply and stays on all day. The makeup artist from BB told me that a good way of keeping the Liner brush soft is after using it, spray on a bit of alcohol to clean the brush quickly.

beautyqueen

Hi all,

Anyone out there has a problem like me ? Whenever i apply my eyeliner ( pencil or liquid) after awhile it will leave a crease mark on my lids after some time.

I applied sunblock b4 foundation and was wondering if the oil from the sunblock causes it.
If it is so what can i do about it?

PLS HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

happy.gif
Thanks

sleepykoara

i think you need to dab gently a good non-oily make-up base on your eyelids before patting liquid foundation / loose power / eyeshadow. that should help lasting a bit longer. and in the middle of the day, do some touch up.

icylily

my fav eyeliner for now is MAC fluid line.
it is good and does not smudge on me.

Bobbi brown is also good, quite similar to MAC but it is bit more expensive, at least $35.

rosewhite

Hi gals..

for those who use mac fluidline or BB gel eyeliner.. what are the diifference between these 2? Which is more long lasting?

Btw.. d u all purchase the eyeliner brush from their brand store or can get somewhere else that gie better results? I dont know how to use the soft brush type..:p

thanks
happy.gif

aiwl24

my fav eyeliner is MAC fluid line. it is good and does not smudge on me. Yes, buy the eyeliner brush from MAC too. The staff will show you how to apply it well on your eye. Liquid eyeliner brush is slightly stiffer than the normal eyeliner brush.

pinkloveang

My fav also MAC fluid line. Trick is to start from the middle of your eyelid, then connect. MAC also carries white eyeliner. but it's in kohl pencil form.

baby_pink

I think you guys must be surprise but BB gel eyeliner didn't work for me. just half a day and it smudge on me. Not only my eyelid but lower too. Just wondering does it happen to anyone.
Pls anyone tell me if they found a good one.
FYI my eyelids are oily and so is my skin.