MsKrislyn

Hi Ladies, I'm mid April BTB. I would like to ask does anyone have any recommendations on AD videographer with reasonable price?

Temotatafu

Hi ladies! I'm March 2018 BTB. I've confirmed and booked my bridal package and hotel in April. I've went to survey a few hotel and was surprised to find out most hotel dinner reception was booked on the date that I wanted. Left with no choice, I've decided to book Furama Riverfront Hotel for my lunch reception instead. Their perks are really attractive and they have venue to accommodate to small scale wedding (Min 12 and Max 18 tables). It's pretty hard to find hotel that accommodate below 20 tables. What's more? If you take between 12-14 tables for their waterfall venue, it will be pillar-less with high ceilings. As for my bridal package, I signed up for Z wedding after I tried their experience programme. They service is really good and they gowns are so pretty. Can't wait for the arrival of 2018! Hehehe.

Anyway, do anyone of you engage MUA for mothers? And what's the rate?

blurbtb18

Hi ladies! I'm March 2018 BTB. I've confirmed and booked my bridal package and hotel in April. I've went to survey a few hotel and was surprised to find out most hotel dinner reception was booked on the date that I wanted. Left with no choice, I've decided to book Furama Riverfront Hotel for my lunch reception instead. Their perks are really attractive and they have venue to accommodate to small scale wedding (Min 12 and Max 18 tables). It's pretty hard to find hotel that accommodate below 20 tables. What's more? If you take between 12-14 tables for their waterfall venue, it will be pillar-less with high ceilings. As for my bridal package, I signed up for Z wedding after I tried their experience programme. They service is really good and they gowns are so pretty. Can't wait for the arrival of 2018! Hehehe.

Hi Temotatatfu,

Congrats! We engaged Wendy Foo's team for our mothers. She herself is not available on that day, will be having May (Senior MUA) instead. You can do a FB search for their profile :)

Jessie.Y

Hi Temotatafu! Congrats to you! Im also a March BTB! When's your AD? I'm also looking for MUA for 2 x mothers. Share with me if you happen to source for a good one! :D

Temotatafu

Hi Temotatafu! Congrats to you! Im also a March BTB! When's your AD? I'm also looking for MUA for 2 x mothers. Share with me if you happen to source for a good one! :D

Hi Jessie! Congrats!! My AD is on 10th March. How about yours? Sure do, do let me know too if you managed to source for MUA for your mothers. Cheers!

Jessie.Y

Hi Jessie! Congrats!! My AD is on 10th March. How about yours? Sure do, do let me know too if you managed to source for MUA for your mothers. Cheers!

Hi Temotatafu! Thank you, mine's on 18th March. I did sourced for 1 free lance now. She's actually my sister's colleague and she charges relatively cheaper cos she just graduate from those makeup schools and needed to build up her port folio. Have yet to arrange for trial makeup for my mother so not sure how skillful she is though. Perhaps i can pass you her contact once I've tried out the trial first? Meanwhile lets continue researching. Hahaha.

Temotatafu

Hi Temotatafu! Thank you, mine's on 18th March. I did sourced for 1 free lance now. She's actually my sister's colleague and she charges relatively cheaper cos she just graduate from those makeup schools and needed to build up her port folio. Have yet to arrange for trial makeup for my mother so not sure how skillful she is though. Perhaps i can pass you her contact once I've tried out the trial first? Meanwhile lets continue researching. Hahaha.

Hi Jessie, sure do. Let me know once you tried her trial. Hope to hear from you soon!

christabelyap

hello im a 2018 BTB as well but really curious where do you guys pick the dates so fast!? I'm still waiting for my dates as my father went to pick for me and apparantly told me that the book not out! I'm picking based on my fiance and my zodiac sign plus my parents and all.....

Temotatafu

hello im a 2018 BTB as well but really curious where do you guys pick the dates so fast!? I'm still waiting for my dates as my father went to pick for me and apparantly told me that the book not out! I'm picking based on my fiance and my zodiac sign plus my parents and all.....

Hi! For me and my finance, we didn't calculate the date for our wedding. We pick our dating anniversary for our wedding date.

christabelyap

Hi! For me and my finance, we didn't calculate the date for our wedding. We pick our dating anniversary for our wedding date.
oh! no wonder! my parents are more traditional so they told me to have the dates picked! im looking at april actually but they told me it's qing ming period so i probably need to push back to may instead! worried that dates comes out late and will jeopardize hotel selection also.

Hi there! :) me and my fiance also didnt go and calculate any dates. We just go online and roughly see what are the dates and etc. Then we ownself choose the date we wanted after we shortlisted a few.

Shantella

Hi anyone sign bridal package with labelle couture? please share the package :)

Or any other plus size bridal shop to intro :)

CelynJui

Hi anyone sign bridal package with labelle couture? please share the package :)

Or any other plus size bridal shop to intro :)
Hi Shantella, i'm a Nov 2017 BTB. You can try Digio Bridal, just few shops away from Labelle.. My friend did recommend me Labelle but i find their choices of gown is so so only.. Digio has more choices and their gowns wow me and HTB and SIL..

kytheon

for brides looking for freelance MUA, i just had my ROM and it was good! She (MUA) is good and reasonable as compared to others who charge a very high fee. I have attached my ROM pics and my face at the end of the day (evening time) for reference on her skin. Her name is Valarie and those interested may PM for her contact :)

Attachments

• IMG20170509082130 v1.jpg
    IMG20170509082130 v1.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG20170509141100 v1.jpg
    IMG20170509141100 v1.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG-20170509-WA0031.jpeg
    IMG-20170509-WA0031.jpeg
    879.2 KB · Views: 78

strawberry88

Hi Shantella, i'm a Nov 2017 BTB. You can try Digio Bridal, just few shops away from Labelle.. My friend did recommend me Labelle but i find their choices of gown is so so only.. Digio has more choices and their gowns wow me and HTB and SIL..
Hi Celyn, I am interested in Digio. Can you pm me their package? Thank you. ;)

Temotatafu

oh! no wonder! my parents are more traditional so they told me to have the dates picked! im looking at april actually but they told me it's qing ming period so i probably need to push back to may instead! worried that dates comes out late and will jeopardize hotel selection also.

Did your parents went to those fengshui master shop to calculate the date? Try to fix the date soon. During my survey of hotel, most of the my selected hotels were booked for dinner banquet.

misspotato

Anybody knows how is digio and rico AD package prices like? I've checked out Z wedding, it is $3688 for 2 gowns and 2 suits. Is it considered exp?

Chan yuxian

Hi! I've just sign up with lourve bridal today for their PWS and AD package. I've selected studio 48 for our PWS in Korea. Have anyone been there for their PWS? Keen to share your experience with me ? I'm quite worried about their gown selection and service. Thanks in advance !

iicepetals

Hi, you can look for David Tong.
He make use of you and your htb bazi + parents zodiac to calculate the dates rather than following tong shu.

imomo

We went to find master and calculate. He gave us 3 years worth of dates

LoveLily

Hi Everyone! Imma tentative- July 2018 btb :) (pending for parent to count dates)
Currently still looking for venue and bridal etc... Does anyone have reviews or check out MBS banquet and Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel?
Still deciding if should book package from bridal shops or ala carte... I tried DIY my rom recently, and it's quite tedious... :confused:

happypotato

Hi Everyone! Imma tentative- July 2018 btb :) (pending for parent to count dates)
Currently still looking for venue and bridal etc... Does anyone have reviews or check out MBS banquet and Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel?
Still deciding if should book package from bridal shops or ala carte... I tried DIY my rom recently, and it's quite tedious... :confused:
I've recently attended a wedding at Crowne plaza. most of the dishes are too salty.

Service wasn't up to standard. The server who attended to our table wasn't trained to use the fork and spoon with one hand (you know when they try to distribute noodles or transfer dishes to smaller plates). Ok actually doesn't matter much but I remember we had one dish with seafood and broccoli and we were still not done so she had to transfer to a smaller plate but it's obvious the small plate won't fit so she stacked the broccoli and dropped a few while doing so. While distributing the noodles she couldn't even do it properly, she's like rushing through it and noodles are dangling out of the bowls. The whole banquet was just very rushed. Everything ended by 10pm.

LoveLily

I've recently attended a wedding at Crowne plaza. most of the dishes are too salty.

Service wasn't up to standard. The server who attended to our table wasn't trained to use the fork and spoon with one hand (you know when they try to distribute noodles or transfer dishes to smaller plates). Ok actually doesn't matter much but I remember we had one dish with seafood and broccoli and we were still not done so she had to transfer to a smaller plate but it's obvious the small plate won't fit so she stacked the broccoli and dropped a few while doing so. While distributing the noodles she couldn't even do it properly, she's like rushing through it and noodles are dangling out of the bowls. The whole banquet was just very rushed. Everything ended by 10pm.

Thank you! Oh dear.... that's not a very pleasant experience:( Was looking at Crowne Plaza because the venue seems nice, and fits within our budget.
Hopefully MBS will be ok, going for some venue appts tomorrow ;)

iicepetals

Thank you! Oh dear.... that's not a very pleasant experience:( Was looking at Crowne Plaza because the venue seems nice, and fits within our budget.
Hopefully MBS will be ok, going for some venue appts tomorrow ;)

I went for an MBS banquet 2 months back
Food was soso but the display of food was pretty bad. Some food look like zhap cai peng. Service is quite lousy too.

Jessie.Y

Hi! I'm Sept 2018 BTB.
I've just paid deposit for banquet to book the date.
However, it's coming to 1 month and the hotel has yet to get back to us on the contract.
Does it usually take that long for the hotel to give us the contract?
Thanks!

Hi! Congrats to your wedding! My contract came like around the third week when i signed with them. Im not too sure the usual lead time, but i did dropped my coordinator an email on the contract before i received mine on the 3rd week though.

singingmuffin

Hi all BTBs! Need some advice about wine buying, because I'll have about 300 guests with only 1 complimentary 30L barrel of beer (which should serve 90 glasses) and 1 bottle of house wine per table (which pours 6 glasses if I'm not wrong), and free corkage of 1 additional self-brought bottle of alcohol per table from the hotel.

How much alcohol and what types (red/white/hard liquor/beer, and in any particular ratio?) are you ladies buying for your wedding? Any good suppliers to recommend? And how many guests will you be having? :)

littlepinkpointes

Hi! I'm Sept 2018 BTB.
However, it's coming to 1 month and the hotel has yet to get back to us on the contract.
Thanks!
Hey.
U paid the deposit without signing the contract?
Not sure if this is their standard procedure but when I signed with MO, they drafted a contract for me to view a week before the appointment to sign and pay deposit. The draft was a good move cause there were typo and minor errors in it which they were able to edit in time for the signing.
Contact your coordinator and check. Since u have paid for deposit, they should more than be able to provide u with a contract.
Coordinators usually take a while to reply but do remind them once in a while.
:)

littlepinkpointes

Hi I'm Nov 2018 BTB! Any reviews on Mandarin Oriental??
Hi hi
I'm a dec 2018 bride and I recently signed with MO for my lunch banquet.
Service I've gotten from them so far has been good. Went to their wedding show and had some of their menu food for buffet lunch, food was pretty good!
:)

helloyou

Hi! I'm Sept 2018 BTB.
Thanks!

Hello. For my case, my hotel offer us the draft contract to review first. Once the contract is finalized, we would sign and provide our credit card details. Then they charge our credit card. I think this should be most of the case. It's important to ensure that the perks and t&c that they said verbally are written in the contract.

Clare Tan Wenhui

Hihi, I'm a Dec 2018 BTB. Now doing some homework for the gown, as my HTB has made it clear he does not want to be involved in planning for this particular issue at all. I've seen in the other threads recommended ones include
1. Gowns Villa
2. Fleur Dsign
3. Gown Warehouse
4. Bridal Veil (this one looks really nice but a bit on the expensive side)

My friend recommended me home-based Cupid Gowns, though I'm a bit worried because of my size.
I'm a bit on the + size. The clothes I usually buy are between size 12, 14 maximum 16, depending on the cut.
Anyone would like to recommend any other cheap and good bridal shops and packages? Feel free to share "horror stories" too, so that I know what to steer clear from.

christabelyap

im a may BTB! so many things to do and i'm so worried! deciding a hotel now but not sure which hotel to use. M hotel looks not too bad, any review on it?

Clare Tan Wenhui

Hi Christabel, I think you can see from my profile, I'm Catholic, so ultimately how I picked my dates was actually subject to availability of the priest and the church. Guess this saves me and my HTB a lot of headache.

Happyfood

Anyone looking for Aisle bridal AD package? I'm selling ;) they are not offering this price anymore as my friend just signed up with them

yiqii

Hihi, I'm a Dec 2018 BTB. Now doing some homework for the gown, as my HTB has made it clear he does not want to be involved in planning for this particular issue at all. I've seen in the other threads recommended ones include
1. Gowns Villa
2. Fleur Dsign
3. Gown Warehouse
4. Bridal Veil (this one looks really nice but a bit on the expensive side)

My friend recommended me home-based Cupid Gowns, though I'm a bit worried because of my size.
I'm a bit on the + size. The clothes I usually buy are between size 12, 14 maximum 16, depending on the cut.
Anyone would like to recommend any other cheap and good bridal shops and packages? Feel free to share "horror stories" too, so that I know what to steer clear from.

Hi Clare, been to the Gown Warehouse and the coordinators are really friendly, thinking of signing with them. I ave not heard of Cupid Gowns, did you mange to go for an appointment?

yiqii

Hi, please share with me too! I'm also sourcing for MUA for the mothers. Thank you!!

XL207

Hi, wanna look slimmer and prettier for your photoshoot and big day? There is still time to take action!
It benefited me and hope it helps you too. PM me...I'll share more details. Cheers~:)

Verlxx

Hi All BTBs

I am a 2018 bride too! Currently, looking for lunch banquet venues.. So far I've checked out The Westin, but don't like their payment policy. Hence looking at other options!

I am quite concerned about the quality of food. Wondering if you girls have any opinions/feedbacks on the following hotels?
1) Mandarin Oriental
2) Conrad Centennial Singapore
3) Swissotel Merchant Court

imjyje

Hi all, I'm a Sep 2018 BTB :) I have booked my dinner banquet at Peach Garden, Hotel Miramar during a promotion, includes free flow beer and wine. Perks were pretty good. I'm looking for actual day bridal package, AD photography & videography and photobooth. Do you have any suggestions? :) Have anyone heard of Fortevisuals f0r their AD photography & videography? Are they good?

swashed

Any Whitelink brides here? We can share feedback/experiences. Signed up w them a while back but a bit worried seeing mixed reviews..