littlepinkpointes

Hello! So excited to see so many 2018 BTB in the group chat..!! Can you share with us on your experience with the above list of above bridal studios?

Me and HTB are looking for pre-wed shoot in sg and actual day - HTB happened to be a photographer too.. so we are looking for a bridal studio who could provide a overall package at reasonable price in sg. :D

What are the 3 bridal studios which you particularly like? and can you PM me the pricing if you have gathered any?

My email address: [email protected]
It all boils down to what you are looking for actually. Some people have higher expectations on gowns while others want good photography.
While some don't mind splurging on the packages, there are others who are more on budget.

It's very difficult to find one place that offers u a good reasonable price with everything top notch quality ba I guess.

I'll email you later with what I have and the boutique I chose.
:)

littlepinkpointes

Did anyone sign with z wedding? Or know about z wedding? Is it good? :)
Erm. My experience with them wasnt pleasant at all.
They are very pricey and quite high up there.
I mean they get endorsements from celebrities hence they have a name to be proud of.
But unless you are willing to splurge, I guess you can drop by their boutiques.

I might get flamed by them (the boutique) for saying this, and probably get blocked or something by the mods.
I'm not defaming them, just sharing my unpleasant experience with them...

They were actually the first boutique I chose to go to cause I was very impressed with their gown designs and photography portfolio.
I actually made a call to make appointment specifically stating I would like to talk to consultants to find out more about their package and maybe try on a gown or two that I saw and liked on their website. They said ok and they will arrange for a bridal consultant to serve me.

When I went down. I was being served by a photographer, and was told all their consultants were away on some meeting or something upstairs.

Then the photographer spent like 20-30 mins going on and on about how they can teach couples how to walk down the aisle with poise blah blah blah. And he went one 'bragging' about how he knows his stuff as a photographer.

Then I was told I wasn't able to try on gowns and he tried to hard sell me their experience package (about $400) to try gown/make up and a simple simple photo shoot.

When I mentioned my intent to the photographer (politely) that I came to speak to a consultant as stated in my call earlier, and hat a photographer wouldn't be the first person I would like to inquire with for now... he questioned me asking me 'so you think I'm not fit for my job?'

My friend was with me and we both got a shock when he said that cause she received wonderful service when she dropped by to inquire a few weeks before me.

I finally manage to speak to the manager and he explained that they had recently changed their policy and didn't allow people to try on gowns and only if they sign up with them their 'experiential package'.

Idk la. I might be unlucky to receive service like this but I felt that my time was wasted there. On top of that, I was being questioned on an area I myself am in (photography skills).
The manager did apologize for the service we had, finally filled me with the info I was there for and handed me his name card.
I walked out of the boutique and never want to go back in again.

I'm pretty sure there are other couples out there who got wonderful service from them. But personally, coming from someone who knows a thing or two about weddings, being 'insulted' like this from the staff there on my first stop of bridal shopping, definitely wasn't something I was expecting.

So yeah

littlepinkpointes

Hi fellow 2018 BTBs! Anyone considering getting a wedding planner to help with sourcing/budgeting/planning? I'm not sure if I should get one... I think it can be helpful because we have very busy jobs with unpredictable hours, and wedding planning can be super time consuming but I don't wanna screw it up. But then again the wedding planners I've looked at cost 6-7k plus. Not sure if it's worth it or should I just heck and try my best to plan everything myself. Sigh. Anyone else with super hectic work schedules bravely striving to juggle everything themselves? :) please inspire me! Hahaha

Hey!
My HTB working schedule is also very unpredictable and my workload is also heavy. But I didn't see the need to hire a planner.
I do coordination and planning for weddings of friends too and it's actually pretty straightforward. That's why I chose to plan and coordinate things myself :)

1. Set a budget and stick to it (maybe give room for a few hundred bucks)
2. Identify what you and your HTB want and need (the priority)
3. Make a list of possible boutique packages and hotel/restaurant that's around your budget.
4. Look out for promotion and items you can get at cheaper rates. (Eg: my HTB and I plan to get out wedding bands from a jewel trading place away from commercialize jewellery shop)
5. Keep track of your spending

- Pre wed + AD package normally is around 3.5K to 4K (not inclusive of AD photography and/or videographer)
- Banquet: lunch is mostly cheaper than dinner, and price of package will hike up during 'peak' periods. When you book banquet receptions with hotels, they will assign a coordinator for you (only for the banquet at hotel)

Good luck!

littlepinkpointes

Hey girls! Any wedding packages do you recommend? Was advised not to go for wedding packages.
I was advised not to sign packages during wedding fairs. Because the people who served you at wedding fairs may be just part timers and temp sales whom boutiques hire for that big scale event.
It's difficult to coordinate if the sales person who served you is not their own staff and they don't follow you through your wedding planning after the fair.
I went to 4-5 bridal boutiques and all of them told me the same thing. Hahaha

littlepinkpointes

I love it too!!!! But Parkroyal Pickering over my budget:(

Any suggestion on under $1500 per table(include tax) for sat dinner?
I made list a number (not more than 5) of hotels based on a budget (per table) my HTB and I agreed on.

I took reference from this 2017 Ang Bao rates:
https://singaporebrides.com/wedding_banquet_pricelist.php?gclid=CIrN6aG99tICFc-FaAod5gQDPQ

The price you see on the list might vary, we found a very slight difference in the rate offered to us by the managers at the respective hotels we went to site visit.
I personally feel this is useful as it helps us narrow down on the places we can afford. Also, some hotels have on going wedding fairs you can go to get additional perks on top of your preferred hotel packages...

PS: hotel site viewing can be tiring, so have a small list of potential venues you and your HTB like to avoid overwhelming experience =)

walkwithme

I signed with Marina Mandarin for 14xx nett for sat dinner.... i think their price list is out online

I know their ceiling is low but price was my main consideration - I just wanted to get the cheapest hotel venue that my HTB's parents are fine with =D

eleanoronaele

Hi!!

You might want to check out Orchard Hotel.
The package I got from them is slightly above 1.5k but they have really high ceilings!
& the food the serve are quite good as well!

lwzc88

Visited a few bridal studios but my focus is solely on gowns... We're choosing our own Photographers and florists separately.

- Labelle has a huge range of gowns & service was great (Lucas). They have a very flexible package. Will be signing up with them.

- TWC carries their own gowns as well as Pronovias (need to top up $500/dress). Didn't find anything I like. Service was great though.

- French weddings has quite a big range (more than TWC, less than LaBelle). Didn't like their style and their marketing tactics, rather "cheena".

X_Y

Hello!

Not kiasu... I'm a 2018 BTB as well (June 2018) and we recently went looking around venues too - we went to Hilton, Marriott, Grand Hyatt and also PARKROYAL on Pickering. So far our favourite is Pickering as I feel quite comfortable with the coordinator :)

Have you calculated your dates, or don't plan to?

Even for Pickering - the date we were looking at, had other tentative bookings already! So definitely... not too kiasu.. haha

There's a thread as well for June 2018 BTBs, quite a number of them :)
https://singaporebrides.com/weddingforum/threads/june-2018-btb.28778/

Hi!

I'm getting married in Feb 2018. Mind sharing the rates for Pickering and Hilton? my email is [email protected]

Thank you!

X_Y

Hi Babe! I just confirmed PARKROYAL Pickering for January 2018. Yes, they stuck to 2017's price. Not all hotels do that though. We went to check out Carlton hotel and they weren't able to offer ANY perks for 2018. Nor sure about hotel wedding shows!

Hi!

Mind sharing your package with me? Thanks in advance!

X_Y

hello!

hahah no at the straits room.. we're holding a small scale wedding! just 12 tables :) but we're in love with the room! so pretty :p

Hi Honeyboo,

can i take a look at your package? Looking for a place for small scale wedding as well!

shuxiangoh

Hi Babe! I just confirmed PARKROYAL Pickering for January 2018. Yes, they stuck to 2017's price. Not all hotels do that though. We went to check out Carlton hotel and they weren't able to offer ANY perks for 2018. Nor sure about hotel wedding shows!
Hi kimmy can you share the package details with me? :)

miaiken

Hey miaiken, you can check out BQueens. I just went there last week and their pricing has been cheapest I could find so far.
There are limited changing rooms though.. which may be a concern for some brides. PM me if you want to know more :) I'd be happy to share!

Hi tinkerella, where is bqueens located at? can share their packages? I have tight budget looking if i can get ad package within $2500.

tinkerella

thanks for helping to reply littlepink!
Miaiken, if your $2500 excludes photography it's definitely possible!
But if including photography I not so sure. I ala carte my photog elsewhere hence only looking for gown rental + Hair Make up etc.

You can just drop them an email/call.
The lady boss is very sweet and nice. I will be heading there again for my second time next Saturday :) If your appointment is then maybe we'll see each other haha!

littlepinkpointes

thanks for helping to reply littlepink!
Miaiken, if your $2500 excludes photography it's definitely possible!
But if including photography I not so sure. I ala carte my photog elsewhere hence only looking for gown rental + Hair Make up etc.

You can just drop them an email/call.
The lady boss is very sweet and nice. I will be heading there again for my second time next Saturday :) If your appointment is then maybe we'll see each other haha!
No worries, cause I was just helping my cousin find their address too hahaha.

happypotato

Hi,
I'm getting married in feb 2018. I have no idea where to begin with. I'm looking for venues but I don't want round table.
If anyone know of any package, can email me? [email protected].
There are many other venues with long table settings. Depends on what you need and your budget. Some other venues are temasek club, nosh, halia, skyve, forlino, etc.. there's really a lot.

Kittyontheloose

Any btb that signed up with Louvre or My Dream Wedding? I am keen on both and would like to get more info on their packages before i go down. Appreciate if u can pm me =)

happypotato

Do they serve Chinese food?
Of those listed above only temasek serve Chinese food. But I'm not sure if they can do long table with Chinese menu.

Fullerton can do long table with Chinese menu cuz they will serve individually. And Fullerton is very hot place.. gets booked up very quickly.

jingyi234

Of those listed above only temasek serve Chinese food. But I'm not sure if they can do long table with Chinese menu.

Fullerton can do long table with Chinese menu cuz they will serve individually. And Fullerton is very hot place.. gets booked up very quickly.

I emailed Fullerton, the dates I want is booked. :(

littlepinkpointes

I email fullerton , the date I want is booked. :(
What's your budget like?
CHIJMES long tables are impressive. But it comes with a very steep price.
Went there and was awed (also cause the place was significant to me, I'm an IJ girl ahaha). But I knew we weren't be able to afford regardless :(

It's not a hotel so accommodation after reception will be a problem even though they will tie you up with their partnering hotel (which it won't necc be Carlton or Fairmont)

jingyi234

What's your budget like?
CHIJMES long tables are impressive. But it comes with a very steep price.
Went there and was awed (also cause the place was significant to me, I'm an IJ girl ahaha). But I knew we weren't be able to afford regardless :(

It's not a hotel so accommodation after reception will be a problem even though they will tie you up with their partnering hotel (which it won't necc be Carlton or Fairmont)

Our budget about 13-15k for 100 pax. we don't really like CHIJMES. Thanks for the recommendation.

Our budget about 13-15k for 100 pax. we don't really like CHIJMES. Thanks for the recommendation.
I'm probably really overselling PARKROYAL on Pickering hahahha. But I do remember they have rectangular table arrangement and they have a smaller room that takes smaller table count. If you do lunch, that would be within your budget. Maybe you can check them out!

Hello! Finally gotten my date and I'm so excited to say I'm a Sept 2018 btb here! Done with solemnisation and my headache now is to look for an affordable place for 22-25 tables :(

forest06

Hi, anyone visited Seletar broadway or bridal affairs? I'm planning to get gown only packages. Wondering which bridal shop has Wide range and good value packages.

Hi mind to share your Carlton package with me ?

a771229ecb5bca263d58ab8d1399c5a1.jpg
d18a7c2d53602f50591ead91f0b621a9.jpg

helloyou

Hi, anyone visited Seletar broadway or bridal affairs? I'm planning to get gown only packages. Wondering which bridal shop has Wide range and good value packages.

I went seletar broadway before and was super disappointed. The sales coordinator was very pushy and kept criticizing other studios and their gowns were modern.

littlepinkpointes

MDW quite pushy they didn't let me try their gowns before buying! Hahaha I suggest find other places!
I went there and I pushed to try on gowns. The sales relented and I had on my 3-4 gowns.
Didn't like their selling package of gowns in 'categories'. They have tiers or rather in their quote, levels of dress collections.
They were a little pushy but they couldnt do anything about it cause I only went there to take a look first without my HTB (went with my MOH), I used the reason of the need to discuss with HTB first.

My HTB has a very flexible shift work schedule. It's almost too demanding to expect him to go store by store with me. So I'd go to a few first, narrow down some that I think we both like and within our budget, then bring him down to have a look for his preference.

If u are scared of being pressurized by them to sell the package, go with someone else first (not ur HTB). At least u have a reason to decline at your first visit.

lwzc88

I signed yesterday with LaBelle couture haha.

Was also only looking to get gowns for AD & PW. We found a photog that we like so we didn't need full package.

happypotato

You should visit bridal affairs. The lady boss is super friendly and not pushy at all.

forest06

I signed yesterday with LaBelle couture haha.

Was also only looking to get gowns for AD & PW. We found a photog that we like so we didn't need full package.

Mind sharing roughly how their packages are priced? Do they also Price by tiers?

forest06

You should visit bridal affairs. The lady boss is super friendly and not pushy at all.

I actually visited with my Friend (who was getting married) last year. The boss is really nice, allowed me to try on some gowns too. They are in my consideration, but just wanna shop arnd first to see if there's better options

happypotato

I actually visited with my Friend (who was getting married) last year. The boss is really nice, allowed me to try on some gowns too. They are in my consideration, but just wanna shop arnd first to see if there's better options
If you have a low budget, you may want to try bqueens as well. They have quite a reasonable range and also not pushy, very friendly lady boss as well.

Bqueens is located at oxley bizhub so you may want to plan and visit the other bridals around the area like kleid gown, Kelly's bridals, the aisle bridal, wedding crafter (but it's at another building around taiseng if I'm not wrong)