2018 BTB

Discussion in 'A Meeting Place For All Brides' started by GellyMong, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Jessie.Y

Jessie.Y Member

I am not sure if others had a specific timing for the tea ceremony & praying, but i do. I am not sure of the shifu's name actually, he's situated in Malaysia and we always address him as Shifu.

2. ing1

ing1 Member

Actually I can feel how yr mom feels. I will oso feel bad if I did not send my son off for enlistment. Maybe u can ask the shifu if another timing during the day? Surely, the God will understand and give blessings, since it's q tuff that the govt will give way. I believe God bless kind hearted persons. :)

3. kytheon

kytheon Member

Just a question, do you really need to follow the timing strictly? i mean after all, it is you and ur HTB who is in the marriage. Perhaps you could speak to your in laws and ask them if possible to use the timings as a guidelines instead of following so strictly to it? I think the whole day is already good for both of you le, so doesnt really matter if done on what time right?

No offence, just my personal opinion. :)

4. Jessie.Y

Jessie.Y Member

Hi, my in laws would very much like to adhere to the timings, hence i think it would be unwise to even broach the subject to them.

5. auntylala

auntylala Member

Hi, i think you should call up the shifu again and let him knows about your current situation. I believe that he will give a better solution and advise. May i know the offering of tea to both your HTB's parents as well as your parents?

6. Jessie.Y

Jessie.Y Member

Hi, i do not really want to incur the wrath of my HTB's parents for any changes to the auspicious timing, i doubt they'll like the idea of settling with second options. Yes, offering tea to both side of parents.

7. kytheon

kytheon Member

hey jessie, maybe u can try to have a chat with ur husband to ask for his help to talk to his parents.

8. Geelyn

Geelyn New Member

Hello,

2018 Jan btb.

Need some advise as i am doing most research alone as my gtb is a foreigner.

1) any recommendation for bridal studio for AD gown rental and AD photographer.
    2) do people usually use videographer on the wedding?
    3) anyone had reviews for wedding held at Grand Copthorne Waterfront or Carlton Hotel?
    4) does groom gets hair styling on the AD too? hehe stupid question.
    5) anyone have AD schedule to share.

Thank you all for your help / advise.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  9. Jessie.Y

Jessie.Y Member

Hi Geelyn,

pls see my replies as above. By the way, congrats to you!!

10. happypotato

happypotato Member

Hi All, need some advices..

I signed a package with a bridal who will be providing the following items/services:
    - bespoke gown
    - photographer
    - MUA
    - car decor and hand bouquet

Prior to signing the package with them, I had went to try on their existing gown for 2 times before I found "the gown" but wanted some tweaks to the existing one so I proceeded with customizing with them.

Recently went for my first fitting and found the laces to be different from "the gown" and requested to have it changed. It is only then the bridal said the laces were no longer in production because "the gown" was done many years ago. They did not tell me at all and did not even seek my approval before proceeding with the current laces.

They are now giving me 2 proposals:
    1. Replace the lace and pay $250
    2. Accept as it is

It is so ridiculous for me to pay extra but if I don't then it's equally ridiculous to accept something I do not like when I am doing a bespoke gown.

I have been really nice to them until this point because HTB does not want to become nasty in case they screw up the photographer and MUA (since they are partners)

What should I do? I'm so fuming inside but it seems I have no choice at all.

11. Cheriss

Cheriss New Member

If you got high budget, u can go for hotel but hotel is always almost fully book for those hot dates.

You can try restaurant as the price is very super affordable and with nice food, who cares about hotel. In the end you also won't want to loss out too much for a wedding and end up with too much outstanding bill.

I see many ppl choose hotel, so their guest will have to give them a $150 ang bao which is well... Who will give $150? $80 to $100 is like the agreeable price that most guest are willing to pay. So if you are still looking for location for dinner. Think and calculate the budget wisely.

12. Juneohzn

Juneohzn Member

I'm also thinking it's ridiculous to pay $250 just to replace the lace leh. But i'm thinking.... how come the lace is different from the one you tried

13. Jessie.Y

Jessie.Y Member

Hihi, what about getting them to waive off the fees (or reduce to the minimal) since they did not consult you on the changes prior to your knowledge? Or let you select the range of laces that compliments with the gown yet if you have to pay extra? Its your rights as consumer.

14. tanghaouser

tanghaouser New Member

Hi anybody interested in Taiwan pre wedding shoot package? From bluebay

15. rolliepollie

rolliepollie New Member

hey babe! I am also a 2018 BTB but we are looking at a small cosy banquet setting. Could you share the package you got for the Conference Room? :) And were you able to get any perks? here's my email carol.wansi@gmail.com. thanks!

16. rolliepollie

rolliepollie New Member

Hi BTB, my HTB and i are quite keen to go with Fullerton for our banquet. Anyone has signed with them for the Straits Room? Would love to hear your feedback/opinions on their package and service. thanks! :)

17. MelxCand

MelxCand New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am new to the forum. Just got engaged earlier this year and now waiting for the parents to confirm the actual date. But I think they are looking at the end of Dec 2018 for the wedding. A little worried if I can still get venues.
    Have shortlisted a few studios, but likely to go ala carte. Want to engage our own photographer. But realised that they can be rather expensive so I am looking for ways to save on our outfits. My friend told me there are some bridal shops having gowns sale. So I will be looking at that hahah...so I just buy the gowns and use for pre-wedding and actual day. Hope to talk to you ladies more :)

18. Jessie.Y

Jessie.Y Member

Hello! Congrats to you! December usually is a "hot" month for getting married, it'll be good if you can shortlist hotels/restaurants base on your budget & headcount while waiting for the auspicious date first. Hmm can i ask why are you looking at ala-carte service? Since you needed gowns for pre-wed & actual day, you can engage bridal shops for their service which i think is fuss free la. Imagine car decor, corsages, gown alteration, brothers' jackets or father's jackets are all included in the package. You can ask for their most competitive price if you take up their pre-wed + actual day + photographer + videography service.

kytheon likes this.