2017 brides

lhxChloe

I only bought wedding bands

I bought mine way before but my fiancé say maybe getting another. Slowly do the planning. Maybe start from the theme and colors or venue first?

I started with venue, then AD photographer & videographer, after that theme and colors and also AD bridal package.

GellyMong

I bought mine way before but my fiancé say maybe getting another. Slowly do the planning. Maybe start from the theme and colors or venue first?

I started with venue, then AD photographer & videographer, after that theme and colors and also AD bridal package.
I don't know how to start

micheelllee

Hi everyone!! I am new to this forum and my bf just proposed to me last week actually. Heh. We only had a quick discussion and will probably tie the knot in 2017 but nothing has been done so far.

Looking forward to learn more from all BTBs as I am really damn noob at this whole wedding thing!!

Excited to be here! ☺️

GellyMong

Hi everyone!! I am new to this forum and my bf just proposed to me last week actually. Heh. We only had a quick discussion and will probably tie the knot in 2017 but nothing has been done so far.

Looking forward to learn more from all BTBs as I am really damn noob at this whole wedding thing!!

Excited to be here! ☺️
Hi welcome michelle.
Actually I'm also a noob at this wedding thing.

lhxChloe

Excited to be here! ☺️

Hellooooo Michelle! I'm new to the forum as well. But you can just ask any questions here, I'll help if I can!

micheelllee

Hello ladies for the warm welcome!! I'll probably start asking questions along the way. Haven't really decided what I want yet. I am probably not going for a banquet but just a simple get together with my close friends and family to witness us ROM then have a meal together.

Seems like there is a lot of things to do and my fiancé doesn't like to plan such things so I guess a lot will fall on me. Hahaha.

Hope to make some new friends along the way and I hope that I'll be constructive in helping and answering qns as well in future.

lhxChloe

Hello ladies for the warm welcome!! I'll probably start asking questions along the way. Haven't really decided what I want yet. I am probably not going for a banquet but just a simple get together with my close friends and family to witness us ROM then have a meal together.

Seems like there is a lot of things to do and my fiancé doesn't like to plan such things so I guess a lot will fall on me. Hahaha.

Hope to make some new friends along the way and I hope that I'll be constructive in helping and answering qns as well in future.

You're most welcome!! Same here, my fiancé also not good in planning, thus I really plan everything myself! but you'll find the satisfaction along the way!

Excited to be here! ☺️
Congrats and Welcome :):)

santajean

You're most welcome!! Same here, my fiancé also not good in planning, thus I really plan everything myself! but you'll find the satisfaction along the way!

Haha! Mine is he have his own idea but no time to plan. So he'll give his idea to me, I'll execute it and wait for him to nod and pay money. Hahaha! :p

Alytsl88

Haha! Mine is he have his own idea but no time to plan. So he'll give his idea to me, I'll execute it and wait for him to nod and pay money. Hahaha! :p

haha so xingfu!
I'm just thinking if it'll be very pricey to go alacarte because I really like Kent Wong for prewed shoots but I think he doesnt tie up with any bridal studio. whats a reasonable price for an alacarte prewed photoshoot?

santajean

haha so xingfu!
I'm just thinking if it'll be very pricey to go alacarte because I really like Kent Wong for prewed shoots but I think he doesnt tie up with any bridal studio. whats a reasonable price for an alacarte prewed photoshoot?

Hahaha... the worst part of this is that it's hard for me to discuss the wedding with him as he's very tied up with his work. So I only get to see discuss with him only on the weekend.

I guess it should be around $2k for the alacarte?

Alytsl88

Hahaha... the worst part of this is that it's hard for me to discuss the wedding with him as he's very tied up with his work. So I only get to see discuss with him only on the weekend.

I guess it should be around $2k for the alacarte?

hmmm, that means he's on the high side... 3.2k... that's why not sure yet. haha...

But in anycase, any bridal shops have really good photographers for pre wed shoots? Recommendations?

santajean

hmmm, that means he's on the high side... 3.2k... that's why not sure yet. haha...

But in anycase, any bridal shops have really good photographers for pre wed shoots? Recommendations?

3.2k for destination inclusive of?

I actually go for Chrisling for my photoshoot.

JM89

I think 3k is quite the average for local prewed shoot if you want popular ones like kent wong. I personally feel that ala carte is good as you can get back all images unlike bridal packages that returns 20+ pictures and you have to top up if you want more. Which may not be any cheaper if there are many pictures that you want.
I am going for ala carte, still deciding on photographer. But so far those that I asked are around 3k too. Have only confirmed my AD videographer.

JM89

Kent Wong takes amazing photographs but the major set-back is, you have to settle your own photoshoot outfit and make-up which is actually a lot of logistical work to be done by the couple.
Agree that his prewed shoots are good. I have a friend who engaged him for AD recently, and tbh, I think the pictures come out quite disappointing.

micheelllee

@hannistellar thank you! Can I just ask you BTBs how do you start planning actually? Like what to do first? Because I am planning probably April 2017 so I am not too sure what can I do at this point of time. :/

@hannistellar thank you! Can I just ask you BTBs how do you start planning actually? Like what to do first? Because I am planning probably April 2017 so I am not too sure what can I do at this point of time. :/
Most importantly u need a date for rom and banquet. Then start to recee your preferred venues before deciding on one. Start to email those wedding coordinators first to book your day. Once you fix your venue the rest can take your own time. You can download apps on wedding planning or check out perfectweddings for checklists.

Alytsl88

Yeah.. kent wong's forte is in prewed photos and true that at least I get all the photos back. I'm looking to shoot in SG itself if I'm going to engage him. Think the photographer is more important than the venue hahahaha, so will save money on travelling instead.

I googled and his package for $3,200 will mainly include:

7 hours photoshoot in Kent Wong style
50 images will be edited with signature recipes & returned in hi res
Remaining photos will be basic edited & returned in hi res
Premium thumbdrive + box with all edited high res photos
15 x 12” classic flush mount album (40 pages)
36 x 24” canvas print
Photo slideshow

Might drop him a mail sometime next week and keep you girls updated! :)

crea

Everyone is so active today :p double check if I missed out booking anything important? Plus I have rank my booking in order of importance that I feel

Wedding dates from FT
Hotel Venue
Church Venue + CEE Course
AD video + photographer
Bridal Boutique (Pre-wed +AD photo)
Wedding bands
Wedding Live band:TBC

I kinda have nothing to do till wait till the date is closer now :x

micheelllee

Most importantly u need a date for rom and banquet. Then start to recee your preferred venues before deciding on one. Start to email those wedding coordinators first to book your day. Once you fix your venue the rest can take your own time. You can download apps on wedding planning or check out perfectweddings for checklists.

Thank you for your reply!! I am actually intending to do ROM only. Probably at those al fresco style as we do not want those traditional banquets in hotels, our idea is probably like booking the venue like hortpark or Keppel club then just let our close friends and relatives to witness us ROM then have a buffet line or something then free seating. LOL.

My fiancé and I dun want to plan the table arrangement and stress about meeting minimum number and also drop outs. Plus we dun really want to spend so much. Heh.

Thank you for your reply!! I am actually intending to do ROM only. Probably at those al fresco style as we do not want those traditional banquets in hotels, our idea is probably like booking the venue like hortpark or Keppel club then just let our close friends and relatives to witness us ROM then have a buffet line or something then free seating. LOL.

My fiancé and I dun want to plan the table arrangement and stress about meeting minimum number and also drop outs. Plus we dun really want to spend so much. Heh.
U know what..thats what i initially planned to do for our wedding. But my parents prefer the typical wedding banquet..well no choice have to make her happy as well cos im the first in family to get married. Jealous that you can do it for yours. you can try the outdoor wedding. Theres a roadshow on BOWS in jan..check it out.

JM89

Yeah.. kent wong's forte is in prewed photos and true that at least I get all the photos back. I'm looking to shoot in SG itself if I'm going to engage him. Think the photographer is more important than the venue hahahaha, so will save money on travelling instead.

I googled and his package for $3,200 will mainly include:

7 hours photoshoot in Kent Wong style
50 images will be edited with signature recipes & returned in hi res
Remaining photos will be basic edited & returned in hi res
Premium thumbdrive + box with all edited high res photos
15 x 12” classic flush mount album (40 pages)
36 x 24” canvas print
Photo slideshow

Might drop him a mail sometime next week and keep you girls updated! :)
Usually theres a package price if u engage the same photographer for prewed and AD

listojunio

Hi ladies! I'm so glad that I managed to find this forum and to be able to find fellow 2017 BTB.

My fiancé and I are looking at Feb 2017. I'm wondering if hotels are available for booking?

micheelllee

U know what..thats what i initially planned to do for our wedding. But my parents prefer the typical wedding banquet..well no choice have to make her happy as well cos im the first in family to get married. Jealous that you can do it for yours. you can try the outdoor wedding. Theres a roadshow on BOWS in jan..check it out.

Thank you dear. Will definitely check it out. Yea both of parents are okay as Long as we do something to announce that we are married, it's fine. So I Guess I am quite lucky?

I will start by finding for a venue first as many of you suggest!

Alytsl88

I'm still cracking my head to look for venues.

I think it might be easier if you use the elimination method. Some questions I asked myself before I finally decided on Marriott:

- Do I want a centralised location for my guest convenience?
- Is a high ceiling and pillarless ballroom important?
- How many tables can I promise to have, or potentially will have?
- What's my budget limit per table?
- Do I have dates/days/lunch/dinner preference?
- Does the place have a suitable venue for solemnisation before the banquet?
- Am I comfortable talking to the wedding planner in charge at the hotel?
- Look and feel of the ballroom good for me?

Some of the questions are more practical and have absolute answers while some of them are more subjective to personal preference. If you could, run them through with your SO first. Once you know the answers to these questions, then it'll be easier for you to decide. Before you have a rough idea of the answers, it'll be very overwhelming to visit all the hotels because you'll be flooded with choices! Jiayou jiayou BTBs!!

GellyMong

I think it might be easier if you use the elimination method. Some questions I asked myself before I finally decided on Marriott:

- Do I want a centralised location for my guest convenience?
- Is a high ceiling and pillarless ballroom important?
- How many tables can I promise to have, or potentially will have?
- What's my budget limit per table?
- Do I have dates/days/lunch/dinner preference?
- Does the place have a suitable venue for solemnisation before the banquet?
- Am I comfortable talking to the wedding planner in charge at the hotel?
- Look and feel of the ballroom good for me?

Some of the questions are more practical and have absolute answers while some of them are more subjective to personal preference. If you could, run them through with your SO first. Once you know the answers to these questions, then it'll be easier for you to decide. Before you have a rough idea of the answers, it'll be very overwhelming to visit all the hotels because you'll be flooded with choices! Jiayou jiayou BTBs!!

Need to check out the rough prices for each table for lunch and dinner.

Muffinsaurs

My ROM is in 2 weeks time. Just doing it at Fort Canning HQ and then throw a simple lunch for family members. Not intending to spend so much for ROM, so it all depends on what you want.

micheelllee

Any brides did not go calculate wedding dates? We have decided on a wedding/rom date as our anniversary date cos date is special to us, but it seems like most will go calculate if got clash or what. So I am still abit skeptical if I should do it or not.

GellyMong

Any brides did not go calculate wedding dates? We have decided on a wedding/rom date as our anniversary date cos date is special to us, but it seems like most will go calculate if got clash or what. So I am still abit skeptical if I should do it or not.
I didn't calculate. I choose the dates as it was also our anniversary dates.

JM89

We did calculate. But i guess it really depends on urself. If you don't believe in such things then no point calculating it.

Ying1098

Hi all, I am also a mid 2017 BTB. We have yet to decide on the date really lost what we shall do next. Maybe just to understand which are the popular banquet which may be difficult to get if we were to pick a popular date?

Alytsl88

I didn't calculate mine, and will not be calculating :) Will do what makes most sense in terms of timing and choice of dates.

adrreg

I will be doing my photoshoot at Taiwan. Now i am thinking of taking ala carte or bridal package? will it be cheaper to take ala carte? I was actually thinking of going malaysia to choose the gown and suits, the price might be cheaper compare to singapore. However, we don't have a car, so it might be very troublesome.
Hi Aleesure! Same for me too! I'm doing my photoshoot in April next year and am also thinking if i shd go for ala carte or bridal package for my AD. some of my friends also recommended to go to JB to look for one, but i'm also concerned on the reliability too. =/ I've found some ala carte options available, K Gown (homebased) and The Gown Warehouse.

but i'm still finding more sources for ala carte options. have you found any? or do any of the BTBs here have any to recommend! would greatly appreciate that! :)

Alytsl88

Yeah, me too! I'll appreciate if we can share the cheap gown lobangs. I'll most prob be going for alacarte as well because I really wanna have Kent Wong do my prewed shoot. So everyother thing should be as cheap as possible.

adrreg

Yeah, me too! I'll appreciate if we can share the cheap gown lobangs. I'll most prob be going for alacarte as well because I really wanna have Kent Wong do my prewed shoot. So everyother thing should be as cheap as possible.
oh yes! i wanted to have Kent Wong for my prewed shoot too. but his prices were too pricey for me. :( anw so far those are the 2 that i've found. but i'm not too sure abt the prices for TGW yet. K Gown i've enquired and know that rental of gowns are averaging between $200 - $400, purchase of gowns are about average $100 more. you can go to their FB and have a look! (:)

aralex

I didn't calculate, just randomly choosing dates I like cuz anniversary dates all fall on a weekday on 2017. lol!

tanahmin

Hi! Im new here. haha! I'm planning to have my wedding somewhere in mid 2017. Will be meeting Master Tong in 2 weeks time! So excited