2017 brides

nadhirahk

Hello everyone!

Seems like people are booking their stuff and I have not even started! My wedding is in January! Time for me to panic I Guess? Haha!

Michew

Hi all, found this thread for 2017 brides and realised that the date i chose is quite popular over here, 7117! Just book my hotel selection too and gonna start looking around for bridal studio. Aiming for labelle too :)

Michew

La belle is not bad but I think their package is too expensive for me.

I haven check their packages but heard that its quite costly as compared to the others. Have you ask on their specific pricing? Been aiming for their wedding workshop to see whether can get any good package. But i have read alot of forums and found out that Bridal Affairs always have long positive reviews on different forum webby. So might check it out too.

miojojo

I been there twice n met the sales person. Just preshoot + actuals services + actual day photography 5+k. But if u don't mind the price, I think they are not bad la.

santajean

I think $5k+ for these services ia quite worth it. I've not really seen their AD photos and preshoot so I can't comment much.

crea

Hi all, found this thread for 2017 brides and realised that the date i chose is quite popular over here, 7117! Just book my hotel selection too and gonna start looking around for bridal studio. Aiming for labelle too :)

Hi 7117 bride! Hahaha the date looks the best from my list of auspecious dates and that is why I booked it! Which hotel u booked? Curious

I think $5k+ for these services ia quite worth it. I've not really seen their AD photos and preshoot so I can't comment much.

I had about the same perks from feline and it's 3.5k :x ~somehow i sound like one ultra budget bride nw hahaha

Michew

Hi 7117 bride! Hahaha the date looks the best from my list of auspecious dates and that is why I booked it! Which hotel u booked? Curious

I had about the same perks from feline and it's 3.5k :x ~somehow i sound like one ultra budget bride nw hahaha

Hi :)!! I didnt realised its 7117 until not long ago and realised that alot hotels are booked on this date. Haha. Im signing w Marriot. So now can start to look for bridal studio.

yiwEn26

Hello Everyone ! I'm new to this forum. Also a btb in 2017. Currently I'm looking at MBS for their wedding lunch. We went down to take a look at the ballroom, and we quite like it. Any comments about MBS wedding lunch ? For my pre-wedding and AD i signed with France Paris, but now looking at your your packages, it seems a little expensive for mine, cause mine is two separate package. :(

Dcheng

Hi everyone! Im new here too! may i know usually how long in advance do you book the photography and videography? Im thinking to book them asap just in case they are not available. Am I too early to book now for mid 2017 wedding? I hv alrdy confirm on my venue and bridal pre wedding. alot ppl tell me dont get AD photo and video with bridal studio so im going to engage them separately.
Anyway i shortlisted a photographer and videographer on friends' recommendation and after meeting up with a few studios. Can you guys help to give feedback on these 2 studios?

photo - www.themissingpieces.sg
video - www.alanmitchi.com

I like their works the most but just want to hear some feedback bef i confirm :)

thks!

YY7611

Hello everyone~!
I'm 2017 bride and new here too..... date may be 1 July 17 .....
still looking for gown, MUA, AD videography & AD photography as well. any recommend?
Going to meet the coordinator of The Fullerton Hotel somewhere in Dec. any feedback/ comments for The Fullerton?
thinking to have Max.12 tables only. any other hotel recommend?

Thanks!

Serenityy

Hi, I'm looking for a hotel for about 15 tables or so.. Any good recommendation that is not too expensive and accessible?

nadhirahk

Hey all!

Just curious, I'm not a Chinese bride, but I would like to check with you girls if Jan 7, 2017 is a hot date? Someone just informed me it is an auspicious date!

crea

Hey all!

Just curious, I'm not a Chinese bride, but I would like to check with you girls if Jan 7, 2017 is a hot date? Someone just informed me it is an auspicious date!

Hello Nad, yes!! 7.1.17 is a super hot date. Not just auspicious but this date looks good (maybe cos symmetrical)? Hahaha I'm a 7117 bride and almost everything is so hard to book already

nadhirahk

Hello Nad, yes!! 7.1.17 is a super hot date. Not just auspicious but this date looks good (maybe cos symmetrical)? Hahaha I'm a 7117 bride and almost everything is so hard to book already

Oh no! We did not realise it when we case the date and now some hotels might include an extra surcharge I Guess? We Malays don't really go for auspicious date (even though I'm half Chinese) so now I might have to change my wedding date :(

Have you gotten your venue and bridal yet Crea?

crea

Oh no! We did not realise it when we case the date and now some hotels might include an extra surcharge I Guess? We Malays don't really go for auspicious date (even though I'm half Chinese) so now I might have to change my wedding date :(

Have you gotten your venue and bridal yet Crea?

Don't worry... so far none of the hotel impose surcharge. And you can check out those hotels that have not even open their 2017 rates (maybe can reg interest first) two of which I was eyeing were holiday Inn and crowne plaza.

Booked mine with novotel ;)

nadhirahk

Don't worry... so far none of the hotel impose surcharge. And you can check out those hotels that have not even open their 2017 rates (maybe can reg interest first) two of which I was eyeing were holiday Inn and crowne plaza.

Booked mine with novotel ;)

Ok I will make sure I won't look into Novotel, hehe! Congrats on getting a venue!

I am slowly looking at venues now and I thought I can book in Jan or Feb but now I just want to settle it asap! Haha! My mum suggested postponing to Jan 14 but I already set my mind on Jan 7, hur hur.

Which holiday inn were you eye-ing? Hehe!

crea

Ok I will make sure I won't look into Novotel, hehe! Congrats on getting a venue!

I am slowly looking at venues now and I thought I can book in Jan or Feb but now I just want to settle it asap! Haha! My mum suggested postponing to Jan 14 but I already set my mind on Jan 7, hur hur.

Which holiday inn were you eye-ing? Hehe!

I was looking at orchard holiday Inn for their chandeliers but the holding area so so I feel~ cos shared with the restaurant.

Umm I actually counter check my FT given dates with http://www.yourchineseastrology.com/calendar/2017/1.htm and 7 jan is really auspicious :x maybe u should just stick with it but rmb everyone will be fighting for wedding services hahaha

Grace Teo

Hi,

Anyone has suggestion for a 14-15 table wedding lunch in early june 2017? I have been researching for the past two weeks and this wedding thing is making me very stressed up. :(

We are looking at places which has windows with nice food.

Please help!

nadhirahk

I was looking at orchard holiday Inn for their chandeliers but the holding area so so I feel~ cos shared with the restaurant.

Umm I actually counter check my FT given dates with http://www.yourchineseastrology.com/calendar/2017/1.htm and 7 jan is really auspicious :x maybe u should just stick with it but rmb everyone will be fighting for wedding services hahaha

Holiday inn Orchard is one of my choices as well! My dear fiancée finds all this rushing exciting, haha! I love the Crystal Ballroom at Holiday inn, but we are doing separate reception, we are thinking he do the lunch buffet for his side and mine will be dinner banquet, sit down style. Whichever hotel we choose will be happy I Guess? Oh I'm taking a solemnisation package as well, so 3 packages in one hotel! Haha!

Any luck with bridal yet for you? Once venue is set I will hunt for bridal, still deciding on whether to take a Malay bridal or a Chinese bridal company (I love the dresses at Chinese bridals)

Oh and thanks for the link, ok Jan 7, 2017 is seriously a hot date!

LHC

Hi,

Anyone has suggestion for a 14-15 table wedding lunch in early june 2017? I have been researching for the past two weeks and this wedding thing is making me very stressed up. :(

We are looking at places which has windows with nice food.

Please help!

Hi! Looking at your number of pax and windows criteria I think here's a few u can look into:

Royal Plaza on Scotts - from what I research they only serve buffet?
image.jpg

Movenpick Sentosa - towards the high end thoughimage.jpg

Pan pacific
image.jpg

Fabre peak - all their rooms nice view for sure :)
image.jpg

wsi

Hi, I have just joined. We are planning to hold the wedding in 2017 but we are kind of on budget and looking to hold a wedding lunch instead of dinner. Wondering if anyone could recommend bridal boutiques and wedding lunch places (30-40 tables) that are at affordable rates? I have been kind of looking around on the Internet but not too sure. Probably can provide some advise to us.

crea

Hi, I have just joined. We are planning to hold the wedding in 2017 but we are kind of on budget and looking to hold a wedding lunch instead of dinner. Wondering if anyone could recommend bridal boutiques and wedding lunch places (30-40 tables) that are at affordable rates? I have been kind of looking around on the Internet but not too sure. Probably can provide some advise to us.

Hello wsi, some cheaper banquets can be done at grand mecure hotel, king corpthone or even tims palace at toa payoh safra.

Pre wed shoot my friend brought her own gown and engage arisu from instagram. Comes with photoshoot book and all soft copies at a super good deal think 700?

AD might wanna check with creme photography if they still offer photo and video at 1900 or wma production at 2300

I used feline bridal. Full package with pre wed photography is 3100 with ad photo only will be 3500. Hope it helps

Reactions: wsi

wsi

Hello wsi, some cheaper banquets can be done at grand mecure hotel, king corpthone or even tims palace at toa payoh safra.

Pre wed shoot my friend brought her own gown and engage arisu from instagram. Comes with photoshoot book and all soft copies at a super good deal think 700?

AD might wanna check with creme photography if they still offer photo and video at 1900 or wma production at 2300

I used feline bridal. Full package with pre wed photography is 3100 with ad photo only will be 3500. Hope it helps

Hi Crea,

Thank you very much for your advise. We will look at your recommendations.

p31j1n

Hi @wsi welcome! whats your budget for wedding lunch? U can check out M Hotel? I went to their wedding showcase last weekend and their prices are below 1k nett for wedding lunch with really good perks! The coordinator was really nice too. Let me know if u need the details.

If not MBS is having an upcoming showcase u can check it out also. Perhaps u can tell us whats ur budget and we will c if we have anything to share :)

Reactions: wsi
Hello girls! I'm also looking at having my banquet on 2017. Does anyone know where can I get information on which hotels are having showcases? TIA!

wsi

Hi @wsi welcome! whats your budget for wedding lunch? U can check out M Hotel? I went to their wedding showcase last weekend and their prices are below 1k nett for wedding lunch with really good perks! The coordinator was really nice too. Let me know if u need the details.

If not MBS is having an upcoming showcase u can check it out also. Perhaps u can tell us whats ur budget and we will c if we have anything to share :)

Hi P32j1n,

Thank you so much. We will go check it out. If able to we are looking at wedding lunch at 1.2k per table and below.

By the way, does anyone here can give advise on whether having a bridal package from boutique is better or having to source own bridal gown and stuff will be better? I know some prefer to purchase bridal gown and evening gown but to me I think that after the wedding it will just take up space in the cupboard. So probably can give me some advice?

p31j1n

From what i know the wedding showcase perks for M hotel include a complimentary table for every 25 tables and the promotion is only valid till 2 Dec so if u are interested quickly go take a look!

Bridal package from boutique is hassle free since u do prewedding till AD with one contact point. More effort need to be put in for ala carte services cuz u need to source bridal and photography and MUA seperately. Ala carte always end up to be more ex but u have the flexibility to choose exactly what u want. So depends on ur budget and what u prefer in terms of the services and gown choices.

LHC

Question to all! Do we actually need full day Videographer since we already have full day Photogragher on AD? and mainly the video is for the morning highlights to be played during the banquet. Trying to cut down some budget. what about you guys?

adrreg

hello all 2017 btb! i joined and lost touch with the forum for quite a while. have been really busy at work. omgggg.

seems like alot of you are looking at MBS, Conrad, Swissotel Merchant Court and Novotel for banquet! may i know what's the rough cost/table for those? i've yet to really research on the price as many of the hotels have yet to release 2017 prices. and the prices of banquet are just getting higher and higher =/

i've got my PW package and i shd be a May 2017 bride! hahaha. i was also deciding between lunch and dinner. cannot really make up my mind. any advice? hahaha

randomgal

Question to all! Do we actually need full day Videographer since we already have full day Photogragher on AD? and mainly the video is for the morning highlights to be played during the banquet. Trying to cut down some budget. what about you guys?

I'm going for lunch banquet, and not going to get a videograher lol

JM89

hello all 2017 btb! i joined and lost touch with the forum for quite a while. have been really busy at work. omgggg.

seems like alot of you are looking at MBS, Conrad, Swissotel Merchant Court and Novotel for banquet! may i know what's the rough cost/table for those? i've yet to really research on the price as many of the hotels have yet to release 2017 prices. and the prices of banquet are just getting higher and higher =/

i've got my PW package and i shd be a May 2017 bride! hahaha. i was also deciding between lunch and dinner. cannot really make up my mind. any advice? hahaha
I am a May 2017 bride too!

I signed with Conrad in July this year. They added $100 per table from the 2016 rates for mine. I think you can arrange to meet up with the coordinators discuss.

JM89

I will be getting a videographer. The videographer will also be returning you the set of videos he recorded during the rest of the day (eg banquet) also. I think it would be nice to have those videos to look back on. :)