(2016) 2016 brides

Hi all! We are still frantically looking for VG for our luncheon! The ones we were interested were above our 2.5k budget or that they are not available on our date!

Doed anyone have a VG company to reccomend, 10 hours, 2x VG, inclusive of super express lunch highlights? We have looked through many companies but haven't found something that looks good.

Thanks alot!

You can try The Next Chapter Film!

octobride

they have already invited all their friends n relatives. will try asking over the weekend i guess.
but 3 weeks left only to be exact. not very nice to those being invited last min.. so we don't wanna waste too much energy on fretting over these.. just surprised by the number of dropout rate - even from close friends..

Oh my, that sucks! Close friends also do such things? You know what to do for their upcoming weddings/events liao...
I think 3 weeks still can. Try reaching out to your ex-colleagues or friends who used to be close, but long time never contact? You might be surprised.

tulipkiss

Oh my, that sucks! Close friends also do such things? You know what to do for their upcoming weddings/events liao...
I think 3 weeks still can. Try reaching out to your ex-colleagues or friends who used to be close, but long time never contact? You might be surprised.

yes, tried and got 1 ex-colleague.. haha. feels paiseh if i were to ask ppl whom i didn't kept in touch with also..
anyway a few relatives rsvp past few days, so we have 5 buffer headcount on top of the minimum committed now... :cool:

octobride

yes, tried and got 1 ex-colleague.. haha. feels paiseh if i were to ask ppl whom i didn't kept in touch with also..
anyway a few relatives rsvp past few days, so we have 5 buffer headcount on top of the minimum committed now... :cool:

IKR.
I wonder how can some ppl managed to have 50-60 tables?? Either their friends alot or the parents just anyhow invite their own friends.

tulipkiss

IKR.
I wonder how can some ppl managed to have 50-60 tables?? Either their friends alot or the parents just anyhow invite their own friends.

hahaha two of my friends had that. one 50 tables, one 70.. really alot of relatives for their case.. they let their parents invite all.. maybe i'm not so filial :X i told my parents to invite only relatives whom we will at least meet once a year (during CNY lol)..

octobride

hahaha two of my friends had that. one 50 tables, one 70.. really alot of relatives for their case.. they let their parents invite all.. maybe i'm not so filial :X i told my parents to invite only relatives whom we will at least meet once a year (during CNY lol)..

That's alot!!!! Madness. I let my mum invite whoever she likes, but limit to 6 tables including relatives. These 6 tables angbao she take leh... She say it's 'law'. Ok lor.... What to do?

sakuragal05

That's alot!!!! Madness. I let my mum invite whoever she likes, but limit to 6 tables including relatives. These 6 tables angbao she take leh... She say it's 'law'. Ok lor.... What to do?

I also follow this "Law" too.... my hubby will be paying the 6 tables while my parents will keep the hongbaos from my relatives. Been doing this since my younger sis's wedding in JAN this yr...

Jamietn

I also follow this "Law" too.... my hubby will be paying the 6 tables while my parents will keep the hongbaos from my relatives. Been doing this since my younger sis's wedding in JAN this yr...

I also got to follow this law too.. but I n my htb share the cost for the wedding... no choice..

octobride

Ya larrrr!!! Walao. Luckily only 6 tables as she's single parent. If both parents...faint liao.
Hopefully the angbaos from the rest of the tables can cover back :(

octobride

I also got to follow this law too.. but I n my htb share the cost for the wedding... no choice..

So comforting to know there are other BTBs with this problem! But i heard that some mothers will actually give back an angbao.
I not sure for my mother but don't think she will. She was sooooo insistent on this 'law'! She said it's her right as a mother because she took care of me from young till now.

Jamietn

So comforting to know there are other BTBs with this problem! But i heard that some mothers will actually give back an angbao.
I not sure for my mother but don't think she will. She was sooooo insistent on this 'law'! She said it's her right as a mother because she took care of me from young till now.

Actually after a few quarrel with her and some time a few nice and good talks.. she now happy and said tat she will take the tables and Dun wanna the pin jin.. or will take the pin jin and give me back when I got my new home.. feel more relax now

octobride

Actually after a few quarrel with her and some time a few nice and good talks.. she now happy and said tat she will take the tables and Dun wanna the pin jin.. or will take the pin jin and give me back when I got my new home.. feel more relax now

Yupyup. The tables thing is confirm one - she will take her angbao and we have to pay for her tables.
She also said she don't want pin jin, asked my FIL to bring me go buy gold can already.

But the law is cannot change one. I wonder why got such law....

Jamietn

Yupyup. The tables thing is confirm one - she will take her angbao and we have to pay for her tables.
She also said she don't want pin jin, asked my FIL to bring me go buy gold can already.

Its a confusing law.. it actually mean next time after the couple married off.. if there is any events upcoming being invited.. parents will pay them back and even like for birthday, wedding, or touch wood funeral..

But then when that comes.. the invitation will be sending to our hubby name too.. so end up we also paying double what.. lol .. what stupid logic is that sia.. Dun really bother anymore also.. haha

sakuragal05

My Dad told me this is part of the pin jin..... but he said if not enough, they will help up to top up abit.... when my hubby paid the banquets first...

octobride

Its a confusing law.. it actually mean next time after the couple married off.. if there is any events upcoming being invited.. parents will pay them back and even like for birthday, wedding, or touch wood funeral..

But then when that comes.. the invitation will be sending to our hubby name too.. so end up we also paying double what.. lol .. what stupid logic is that sia.. Dun really bother anymore also.. haha

I think they really earn alot by marrying off daughters. For nothing earn a few thousand in a night leh.
Sorry to say until like this.... Just what I feel about this stupid law!

I also don't agree with the law.. I also argued with my parents over the law.. My FIL wants to give my parents 4 tables.. My parents said they will give me the 4 tables money but take all the angbao.. I told them the person paying the tables is me and not them.. What if my other tables cannot cover, my mum replied "it's not my problem.. Relatives give more because they ask if I will give you the Ang Bao or I keep.. If they find out I gave to you, they will sure give lesser.. The money is meant for me."

Hear this kind of statement is like wth.. So means relatives don't give blessing to the couple but to my parents??!!

Some more it's my Father that chose the most expensive package in the hotel and she said like this..

So one kind...

tulipkiss

I think they really earn alot by marrying off daughters. For nothing earn a few thousand in a night leh.
Sorry to say until like this.... Just what I feel about this stupid law!

for mine they asked for 8 tables initially. plus pin jin, almost "earn" 20k in total!
I told my parents whatever the fees are, I'm sharing half the cost. so effectively, whatever they "earn" comes from me, their poor daughter. then they relented..

the law I heard is that they get the table ang baos for bringing me up and paying for all those wedding ang baos where I've attended.. duh.

octobride

I also don't agree with the law.. I also argued with my parents over the law.. My FIL wants to give my parents 4 tables.. My parents said they will give me the 4 tables money but take all the angbao.. I told them the person paying the tables is me and not them.. What if my other tables cannot cover, my mum replied "it's not my problem.. Relatives give more because they ask if I will give you the Ang Bao or I keep.. If they find out I gave to you, they will sure give lesser.. The money is meant for me."

Hear this kind of statement is like wth.. So means relatives don't give blessing to the couple but to my parents??!!

Some more it's my Father that chose the most expensive package in the hotel and she said like this..

So one kind...

I understand you!! Is like we are paying out of our own pockets leh. If cannot cover, we still have to pay!
We already respect them by holding a dinner. We can don't want de leh...
My mother just keep saying it's her right as my mother to take all her tables angbao.

for mine they asked for 8 tables initially. plus pin jin, almost "earn" 20k in total!
I told my parents whatever the fees are, I'm sharing half the cost. so effectively, whatever they "earn" comes from me, their poor daughter. then they relented..

the law I heard is that they get the table ang baos for bringing me up and paying for all those wedding ang baos where I've attended.. duh.

Nowadays where still got groom's family paying all the money? Unless shot gun don't say la.
Majority all is couples ownself paying....

octobride

Can I ask - If they 'make' money by 'selling' us off, then can we stop giving them monthly allowances after the wedding cos we're 'SOLD'? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can I ask - If they 'make' money by 'selling' us off, then can we stop giving them monthly allowances after the wedding cos we're 'SOLD'? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lol! Don't like that lah.. But they feel that it's their right for them to have the money.. But I just think it's too much though my mum said she will help out as she is not that bad...

Jamietn

No such rule lei.. can only give less but still must give lol

So I Dun understand why we are being sold at the 1st..

octobride

Lol! Don't like that lah.. But they feel that it's their right for them to have the money.. But I just think it's too much though my mum said she will help out as she is not that bad...

Hahahah! My mum only want her 6 tables angbao. Other than that she go with the flow.
But I just don't like the idea of 卖女儿 like that. Now what century liao.... I wonder will I do this to my daughter next time...

Jamietn

Not true de.. When someone getting married and put ur hubby name.. u guys attend also must give ang bao to them too..

octobride

Those girls bridal price must have been like $10k.. Hahaha!

Actually now I understand why those olden time dramas the MIL very angry and bully the DIL when they cannot give birth or give born to boys.
Because they paid a high price (pinjin) for the bride. HAHAHA!

Jamietn

Actually now I understand why those olden time dramas the MIL very angry and bully the DIL when they cannot give birth or give born to boys.
Because they paid a high price (pinjin) for the bride. HAHAHA!

No wonder they must choose backside round round de.. cos can give birth more more

tulipkiss

Nowadays where still got groom's family paying all the money? Unless shot gun don't say la.
Majority all is couples ownself paying....

got! :X rich people. or simple wedding.
pros and cons la though. an acquaintance of mine had the banquet paid by groom's parents.. and even has a new bungalow after wedding.. but... the parents in laws stay together in the same bungalow :/ if the in laws are really nice, then not so bad.. but last heard she felt quite restricted..

tulipkiss

Not true de.. When someone getting married and put ur hubby name.. u guys attend also must give ang bao to them too..

no la.. she meant all those weddings i had attended with my parents before i got married.. :)

I know some girls after married jiu never give liao... hahaha...

wah so traditional, haha. if that happens, then i can understand why the parents ask for high pin jin n tables.. but this era, i think most ppl continue with the same monthly household / parents allowance de leh. my parents even hinted that for them to look after future grandchildren, must "top-up" with market rate for nannies- otherwise, they rather have their freedom. just play with the grandchildren when they're free is sufficient o_O

Last edited:

Clzh

Hi btbs, anyone of you will be having ROM followed by TC at hotel? What will you be wearing?

My hubby will fetch me in the morning and we'll have TC with immediate family members only. The rest will be done at the hotel after ROM, which is Ard 6.30pm. Not sure if I will wear my wedding gown straight or another simple dress for ROM and TC at hotel...

kewpie20

@Clzh im doing ROM then TC in hotel. but mine is luncheon tho. ROM wear gate crash gown or another white gown. kua for TC. lolz. cuz my ROM is 10am so got quite abit of time till banquet starts.

Clzh

@Clzh im doing ROM then TC in hotel. but mine is luncheon tho. ROM wear gate crash gown or another white gown. kua for TC. lolz. cuz my ROM is 10am so got quite abit of time till banquet starts.
I see! I'll wear kua for home TC.. But not much time to change for TC at hotel as it will be straight after rom... Think I got no choice just wear my wedding gown.

tulipkiss

Hi btbs, anyone of you will be having ROM followed by TC at hotel? What will you be wearing?

My hubby will fetch me in the morning and we'll have TC with immediate family members only. The rest will be done at the hotel after ROM, which is Ard 6.30pm. Not sure if I will wear my wedding gown straight or another simple dress for ROM and TC at hotel...

i'm also having TC for immediate family members only. like less than 10 of us in the function room haha. but still gonna change to kwa for it. mainly for photos.. and easier to move around in the kwa than white gown. but right after TC will chnge back to the white gown again for first march-in.. sounds very busy changing.. -_-

Clzh

i'm also having TC for immediate family members only. like less than 10 of us in the function room haha. but still gonna change to kwa for it. mainly for photos.. and easier to move around in the kwa than white gown. but right after TC will chnge back to the white gown again for first march-in.. sounds very busy changing.. -_-
Haha yes especially into wedding gown... But no choice right

tulipkiss

my agenda is something like below, would like to ask how many hairdos should i have..
current suggestion by the stylist is

morning mini-gatecrash (white gown) - high bun
morning photoshoot (white gown) - same high bun
tea ceremony (kwa) - same high bun
1st march-in (same white gown) - side / back low ponytail
2nd march-in (evening gown) - haven decide... maybe waterfall braids or just something more loosely done. any suggestions? :D or just do without changing..

Clzh

my agenda is something like below, would like to ask how many hairdos should i have..
current suggestion by the stylist is

morning mini-gatecrash (white gown) - high bun
morning photoshoot (white gown) - same high bun
tea ceremony (kwa) - same high bun
1st march-in (same white gown) - side / back low ponytail
2nd march-in (evening gown) - haven decide... maybe waterfall braids or just something more loosely done. any suggestions? :D or just do without changing..
I think 2nd March in hair style you can choose something that you like/suits u best cos you'll be taking photos around tables in that hairstyle! Hahaha not sure if I have helped you or not