(2016) 2016 brides

Hi btb anyone has done their pre-wedding shoot in Singapore? May I know how does your shoot itinerary goes? Really no break between the shoot?

We are too busy and tired during the shoot to feel like eating. So we had heavy breakfast. I no appetite to eat too >.<

Makeup at 9am

Shoot start around 11 to 12pm

2 plus photographer went to eat lunch while i doing my 2nd set of hairdo. (ate a bun while doing my hairdo)

4 plus ended indoor shoot and prepare outdoor shoot outfit and hairdo.

5 plus go for outdoor shoot (ate a bun while travelling to outdoor shoot location)

8 plus went back to studio, the end.

ckoh

For me 3 outdoor and 1 indoor shoot. There is a break in between when my photographer and htb go lunch ha ha. But for me I stay in the studio to re do my hair and make up and to change.

Hahah that is nice. As mine is not under BS so I don't have a studio to go back to. Ur shoot is over how many hours?

Hahah that is nice. As mine is not under BS so I don't have a studio to go back to. Ur shoot is over how many hours?

Mine start at 8am till 4pm. Include make up. I only ate breakfast and then eat again after the shoot. It's really hot and tiring and the gown is also very heavy, so I don't have any mood to eat ha ha : )

ckoh

We are too busy and tired during the shoot to feel like eating. So we had heavy breakfast. I no appetite to eat too >.<

Makeup at 9am

Shoot start around 11 to 12pm

2 plus photographer went to eat lunch while i doing my 2nd set of hairdo. (ate a bun while doing my hairdo)

4 plus ended indoor shoot and prepare outdoor shoot outfit and hairdo.

5 plus go for outdoor shoot (ate a bun while travelling to outdoor shoot location)

8 plus went back to studio, the end.

Okkkk I will prep myself but bet it was fun :)

Wen Xuan

Oh by the way do you gals ask your gf to acc you during your pws?
Quite rare pple will ask friends or family to tag along during the pws. Usually just the couple involved, the couple and Photographer may feel more easy if lesser party involved.
Anyway, at yr comfort lvl lor.

Hi girls.. Feeling quite stressed now. We suddenly decided to have our dinner banquet on 30 Dec 15 (yes this month!). We already had rom last month and my husband wants to just get everything over with (+ other practical reasons).

It's kinda late now so I need to decide asap who to invite. I personally would like a small intimate event (don't like parties and large crowds). Our ROM of 20 pax was perfect. However, my husband wants to invite his colleagues.

My biggest headache now is should I invite my colleagues?

I really hate the feeling that some ppl will feel obliged to come. Worst of all, I am thinking of resigning soon. My department is quite large, about 70 ppl. Based on the last few weddings, only about 3 tables r needed. I think I cannot choose who I want to invite, must invite all. If I don't invite, I'm not sure if ppl will think they r not impt.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Hi girls.. Feeling quite stressed now. We suddenly decided to have our dinner banquet on 30 Dec 15 (yes this month!). We already had rom last month and my husband wants to just get everything over with (+ other practical reasons).

It's kinda late now so I need to decide asap who to invite. I personally would like a small intimate event (don't like parties and large crowds). Our ROM of 20 pax was perfect. However, my husband wants to invite his colleagues.

I really hate the feeling that some ppl will feel obliged to come. Worst of all, I am thinking of resigning soon. My department is quite large, about 70 ppl. Based on the last few weddings, only about 3 tables r needed. I think I cannot choose who I want to invite, must invite all. If I don't invite, I'm not sure if ppl will think they r not impt.

Hey dear, firstly u need to discuss uss with your hubby on the budget and come up with a preliminary guest list of maximum how many ppl will attend.. Then from there zoom down. If budget allows, invite your colleagues. If budget doesnt allow then don't invite them..

Wedding is for ppl to bless u. Not for u to worry who u offend becos u didn't invite them..

Yes actually hotel is booked already. Min 120 people which is not alot.

We have budget for colleagues, as we are not inviting many ppl anyway.

I am facing slightly similar scenario but not a rush banquet.

I have 30 colleagues but i am close with 10 only. So now feeling confuse whether to invite the other 20. Yet some where during work we will need each other help. If invite all, they might be "force" to come.

Yet to come to a conclusion, but most likely I will tell them not enough tables to invite all then bring some cakes for them to announce my wedding :) Happy and simple for everyone.

Yours is so rush, personally, it would be better to invite some close one. No need the rest to be "forced" to go since your wedding so rush. Perfect reason not to invite all!

Congrats to u, chassy. I hav heard a review from my colleague tat the buffet is not nice. I kinda held back cos banquet is cooked by them too. Did u hear any good reviews?

Chassy

Congrats to u, chassy. I hav heard a review from my colleague tat the buffet is not nice. I kinda held back cos banquet is cooked by them too. Did u hear any good reviews?
It's quite new for the time being so i have not heard of any good nor bad reviews. I think previously there was a comment by a btb on bad service of the hotel coordinator. So far mine is quite alright. Fingers cross hoping he food turn out ok!

Yea. Hopefully the food is good. I am in dilemma whether to choose it or not. Do u think by going to try the buffet is a good idea to gauge? Are u going to ur food tasting soon?

Janicielle

Hi BTBs! Any reviews for Grand Copthorne, Regent Hotel, Orchard Hotel and Hilton Hotel? In terms of their service, food and venue!
Also, I am quite keen on Z Wedding. Can anyone recommend any good wedding coordinator, PG, MUA and hair stylist from Z Wedding? :)

Hi BTBs! Any reviews for Grand Copthorne, Regent Hotel, Orchard Hotel and Hilton Hotel? In terms of their service, food and venue!
Also, I am quite keen on Z Wedding. Can anyone recommend any good wedding coordinator, PG, MUA and hair stylist from Z Wedding? :)

I was at Hilton two weeks ago. Food was not bad, service was prompt and courteous but I felt the ballroom was kinda claustrophobic. And it was a rectangular one.

Chassy

Yea. Hopefully the food is good. I am in dilemma whether to choose it or not. Do u think by going to try the buffet is a good idea to gauge? Are u going to ur food tasting soon?
Some btbs pay for the food tasting first and sign on for the banquet later on. I decided to carry on with the banquet first and try the food tasting next month, so I really hope the food is good too!

Wen Xuan

I was at Hilton two weeks ago. Food was not bad, service was prompt and courteous but I felt the ballroom was kinda claustrophobic. And it was a rectangular one.
Hey dear, may i know which ballroom.u r referring? I hv booked hilton hotel as my banquet venue. They hv 3 ballrooms and mine is grand.ballroom.Appreciate if u also share the feedback on their food as well. Thanks again

katyew

Hi all, I am planning to ROM n customary in Sep'16. Thinking to have a high tea n lunch reception for abt 80pax at abt $50 per pax. Any recommendations?

poshhhhh

Hello, which live band you engaged? Cos I still sourcing for it too...
I engaged The Wedding Serenata. The guy I liased with was quite nice and really prompt in replying emails, so yup. Maybe you wanna check out the videos they have on their websites to see if any of their singers interest you before making the decision.

ckoh

Hi gals tks for your feedback. Manage to get my gf to acc :) oh btw any recommendation for props rental for shoot? Also for balloons is it a must to use helium instead of the usual air pump?

Thank you all :)

Minkishly

Hi all, I am planning to ROM n customary in Sep'16. Thinking to have a high tea n lunch reception for abt 80pax at abt $50 per pax. Any recommendations?

Skyve
$45++ (canapes), $60++ (buffet lunch)

Spruce
$35 - $56 ++ per pax (western set lunch)

Cafe Melba
$45 - $60 ++ per pax (buffet)

Found this based on the research I did when venue hunting, hope it helps! I think there should be more options out there as well.

Hi gals tks for your feedback. Manage to get my gf to acc :) oh btw any recommendation for props rental for shoot? Also for balloons is it a must to use helium instead of the usual air pump?

Thank you all :)

That's nice of your gf! I'm hoping that my MoH will be able to come along and help with mine as well. Helium would be good if you want your balloons to float and I think they will look more romantic since they can move with the wind. Failing that, you can use those balloon sticks to hold up the normal kind of balloons.

sakuragal05

Date 25 Sept doing a ROM cum lunch at Orchid country club ballroom... yrs? BS at JB. Cos Singapore is very ex now...
Hello... I also 25 Sept 16 BTB too..... Bridal and Venue r settle only left the VG & PG.... Think if wanna a photo booth anot as my sis's wedding didn't... Hers is in Jan 2016.....

Janessa Li

Hello... I also 25 Sept 16 BTB too..... Bridal and Venue r settle only left the VG & PG.... Think if wanna a photo booth anot as my sis's wedding didn't... Hers is in Jan 2016.....

I still sourcing for AD PG and VG. Hello there... I booked my photo booth with ektory cos that time they having promo. I think it's fun to have it so ur guest can take a lot photos!

sakuragal05

I still sourcing for AD PG and VG. Hello there... I booked my photo booth with ektory cos that time they having promo. I think it's fun to have it so ur guest can take a lot photos!

I worry is the time constraints.. but most importantly is to source AD PG&VG first.. actually we hav another option is using our bridal but only decide after the pwd shoots r out n we satisfied... or maybe decide using my sis's one since her is in next jan...

Janessa Li

I worry is the time constraints.. but most importantly is to source AD PG&VG first.. actually we hav another option is using our bridal but only decide after the pwd shoots r out n we satisfied... or maybe decide using my sis's one since her is in next jan...

You taken ur photo shoot alreAdy?

Janessa Li

Nope,end of this mth then go for grown selection.. intend to take the shoots in mar.. as 1 of the outdoor shoot is our sch. Managed to spoke to the in charge as we can go and take during their sch holiday. :) wat about u?

Taking my shoot next month.... Tats so nice. Our sch alreAdy demolished. Lol. Kind of stress up a little on the planning and such.. where is ur banquet held?

sakuragal05

Taking my shoot next month.... Tats so nice. Our sch alreAdy demolished. Lol. Kind of stress up a little on the planning and such.. where is ur banquet held?

Well ours actually demolished too... but we will took it in other campus as our sch had join up... Mine will be holding in a chinese restaurant ( Ban Heng) in Ochard...

Some btbs pay for the food tasting first and sign on for the banquet later on. I decided to carry on with the banquet first and try the food tasting next month, so I really hope the food is good too!
Hahaha. I hope the food is good too. One of my colleague commented that their breakfast was pretty good. Most probably i am going to give it a try

seoulowl

Hi all BTB 2016 :)

Anyone has any advice and recommendation for VG? My BS suggested us to get 2 VGs... but it cost about $2.5K for 2, excluding cab fare and OT charges.

Also is it norm to pay for cab fare? it would be 4 trips of cab fare in total, which would cost like $120 estimate...

Anyone has any advice and recommendation for VG? My BS suggested us to get 2 VGs... but it cost about $2.5K for 2, excluding cab fare and OT charges.

Also is it norm to pay for cab fare? it would be 4 trips of cab fare in total, which would cost like $120 estimate...

I only heard from others that the cab fare for morning.. Shouldn't be whole day for all the cab they take? Maybe it depends on each BS also.

seoulowl

I only heard from others that the cab fare for morning.. Shouldn't be whole day for all the cab they take? Maybe it depends on each BS also.
It's whole day. So will need to pay
1. To my place in the morning
2. After morning's session
3. Come back hotel
4. After dinner

Alternatively we can get brothers to send them back.

steph90

I met up with a few company haven't heard of the need of paying for their transport.
We signed up with Forest Productions, was really comfortable chatting with them and looking at their works.

Minkishly

Any of you planning to get a dessert table? When and where are dessert tables usually set up during a wedding? My first instinct was to have them as part of the banquet, so the table would be set up in the main venue but my coordinator advised that I hold mine during the pre-reception. The reception only lasts for about an hour or less though, and only the early guests will get to eat anything.

It's whole day. So will need to pay
1. To my place in the morning
2. After morning's session
3. Come back hotel
4. After dinner

Alternatively we can get brothers to send them back.

I see. Mine is just early surcharge but no taxi.

But yah. I think getting ppl to send them would be better. Check if they are ok with such arrangements.