(2016) 2016 brides

ohmytego

I haven really start shortlisting hence asking you guys around what are you all taking.. :)

I'm having wedding luncheon and I am still torn between videography and SDE.

Initially I just wanted photography and then just let the morning highlights run as montage highlight... But I kinda want a video for my hubby and I to watch. Although I know we might in e end just chunk it down the road... But memories being memories I just wanna capture it on the very special day in life.

I wasn't even thinking of video until my bf suggested to have one so that guests can have something to watch haha. I think should just go for video but maybe choose something within your budget if you have one. Yes it maybe chucked away but 10,20 yrs down the road you can still dig it out to watch. Such things won't regret spending money on one ;)

Hi people, has anyone successfully transferred a Sheraton towers package to someone else before? We were told it is not possible at the wedding show but I'm wondering if it's negotiable. We have not signed the contract. Nothing to do with the hotel.. Just thinking of changing our wedding plans.

AceOfXF

Serena from Yvonne creative left me a very bad impression the very first time I walked into the shop in Tanjong pagar. In fact, she sounded like an ah lian who went on to say things like "you go to other shops lor, you go.. You just go. You tell me, what's there to compare?" I was so turned off and disturbed by such customer service. This is of course contrary to other BTBs experiences.. Most of them had +ve experiences especially commending the wide selection of gowns at the amk outlet. Perhaps it was just my luck go encounter such an experience. Anyway after that I decided to do ala carte and stay away from bridal boutiques.
the gowns are quite alot at the amk outlet. but none is nice to me. dk where all the nice one go. zzz.

veebee139

I got so put off by all the hard selling esp at the fairs and made me decide to go a la carte completely and found some super nice bridal boutique owners who told me to take my time to decide and really look around and shop plus let me try as much as i want! I am custom making to rent now because i cant find the perfect dress. But i feel its so worth it because the lady i am working with is just so understanding and patient and just... Gets me!

I am an affected customer of Sophia :(. Cant believe this is happening. Just hope I can secure a vendor and a photographer with such a short time frame.

Oh dear.. I hope you are able to find it. I saw a couple of bridal shop offering to help those who had engaged with Sophia wedding. Hope you able to resolve soon!

veebee139

For those btbs who have been affected by the closure of sophia I found this boutique that is offering to assist those affected at lower prices:

What a beautiful wedding. Love is all we need. Félicitations ma belle @jadeseah #terryjade2015 #loveuplifts

A photo posted by styleXstyle.com (@stylexstyle) on

They are called Kleid Gown and they work with a number of photographers so hopefully they can help out.

Feel so bad for those affected! Must be a nightmare! Hopefully you guys will sort things out quickly. :)

Maureeneee

Hello 2016 BTBs! I am June BTB :)

My plans are like this...

Venue: St Regis
Pre-wedding Photographer: Flairfolio Photography
AD Photographer: Still looking since pre-wed photographer isn't available
Videographer: Still looking
Bridal studio: Amanda Lee
Wedding Car: My brother's car
Florist/decoration: Still looking

What do I miss out...? Recommendation if you have any :)

Hello 2016 BTBs! I am June BTB :)

My plans are like this...

Venue: St Regis
Pre-wedding Photographer: Flairfolio Photography
AD Photographer: Still looking since pre-wed photographer isn't available
Videographer: Still looking
Bridal studio: Amanda Lee
Wedding Car: My brother's car
Florist/decoration: Still looking

What do I miss out...? Recommendation if you have any :)

Your wedding car deco, you can check with your venue, maybe can have their florist help you with it. Can get discount too!

Rom venue and JP?

I am an affected customer of Sophia :(. Cant believe this is happening. Just hope I can secure a vendor and a photographer with such a short time frame.

My bridal shop also offering help. They have set up a team to assist and support couples from Sophia Wedding Collection. From their FB post they mention they will try to get back all your photos and photos album.

Bridal shop: The Aisle Bridal.

Contact person: Yvonne @ 8133 7136
Ryan @ 9062 4963

Have a question here for 2016 BTB.

When do you start looking for solemniser? Any special criteria to note when choosing?

Previously there were a few btb here who mentioned 3-6 months.. but better have a list of jps that you one as some ppl have to approach quite a few before they can finally get a JP.. have to check on their licences too.

veebee139

@veebee139 can share e shops u been to? considering to do a la carte tq!
Depends on your budget for gowns. From low to high - Lavita Bridals (home boutique) in Sengkang, Seraphina Grace in Serangoon, Kellys Bridal in Oxley Bizhub, Kleid Gown in Oxley Bizhub, Tiara Bridal in Delfi, Silhouette Atelier in Emerald Hill Orchard Road.

The biggest selling point for me with these places was the number of dresses they let me try, their extreme patience and understanding, their willingness to listen to what I wanted and ... Best of all - no hardselling! And they also had the option to package if you wanted or changed your mind later. Some partner with really good photographers that suited my style although I ended up finding my own photographer myself (Chris from Lightedpixels Pixies).

I wanted to custom make so their custom make prices were reasonable too. I started almost 18 months before my wedding day (July 2016) so I really took my time and am super happy with what I signed with almost 100%! Only thing is I haven't got my dress done up yet so I cant quite say i am 100% happy yet

Good luck with yours!

Tingzcrown

Yea, I went to quite a few of these shops too, you can try until you tired and u request to stop instead haha :) gowns is nice and pretty too ! There's one at sultan plaza lvl 3 too :)

Anyone thought of engaging a florist for additional flower deco of the hotel ballroom?

Me! Do you have any lobang? Actually what I know is the hotel has their own florist , because if you use other florist has any damage of the hotel floor , stage or etc... We have to responsible for it.

Wa you all spend quite a relative amount of time on bridal.

I only started preparing 8 months before my wedding >.< so didnt see look so much. Hehe

Me! I'm Nov BTB. Has Booked wedding banquet and looking for videographer & photographer , MUA, entertainment. Anyway, congratulations! What is your date?
Hello! Congrats to you too! Mine is 27 Nov 2016.. U?
I only booked bridal package and banquet haha... U doing ala carte? Why need to find Mua? Me finding singers too...

Hello! Anyone have attended either park royal pickering or marina mandarin -vanda ballroom wedding? Hows the quality of the food serve? I'm stuck in making my choice between these 2 hotels..

Tingzcrown

PRpickering is good :) in fact, both equally good just that one is a v new hotel and MM is an older hotel ! If wanna compare, I will take MM cox Park royal ppl might haf the misconception of 4* hotel

PRpickering is good :) in fact, both equally good just that one is a v new hotel and MM is an older hotel ! If wanna compare, I will take MM cox Park royal ppl might haf the misconception of 4* hotel
Thanks @Tingzcrown ! But i had a friend who attended MM wedding banquet last weekend and said the food was horrible.. So we have quite an extreme mixed reviews. Yep, PP is a very chic hotel, but we also heard that their coordinator turnover rate is very high. So still felt stuck to decide.. :)

Tingzcrown

Agreed that MM showcase food is horrid cox I was there too, PR did an,awesome job in their showcase haha if u are toking abt food lol ! Anyway, check on their availability too ! Its the most impt :)

Agreed that MM showcase food is horrid cox I was there too, PR did an,awesome job in their showcase haha if u are toking abt food lol ! Anyway, check on their availability too ! Its the most impt :)
Yep, fortunately both hotels are available on the date we picked (Coz we holding our wedding on a weekday) so easier to find the hotel. Hmm, from that.. sounds like PP will definitely wins in the food aspect. I like the fact that PP only has got 1 ballroom. But.. the perks given were so minimal..

Yep, fortunately both hotels are available on the date we picked (Coz we holding our wedding on a weekday) so easier to find the hotel. Hmm, from that.. sounds like PP will definitely wins in the food aspect. I like the fact that PP only has got 1 ballroom. But.. the perks given were so minimal..

I just attended one at PP last month. think the food is so so.. Not fantastic not horrible.

I agree is so tough to decide which hotel to book. I was struggling between mbs n mm. In e end I chose mbs. But hearing few mixed reviews, I feel worried.