(2016) 2016 brides

mandylove

Hello, I finally got my dates from the geomancer. It's in Oct 2016! Not sure if we should start booking the venue cause I feel like a bridezilla for being so ganjiong

mandylove

Yes totally agree! I need to travel often so I hav to plan early. I got almost everything planned except where to get flowers n wedding cards.

Hello alleberry, when you say "everything" what are you referring to? I'm afraid if I start settling things now my bf or the vendors will think I super kiasu leh

kemise

Hello, I finally got my dates from the geomancer. It's in Oct 2016! Not sure if we should start booking the venue cause I feel like a bridezilla for being so ganjiong

well i wanted a date in june. my choice hotel had no vacancy already :( good to book early :)

I booked mine last year for Oct next year.. cos I'm very kiasu.. worried there will be venue problem.

ErroLiCia

Hi I'm also a BTB in year 2016 however just started on everything (ie: looking for a gd date, bridal studio and most impt hotel venue). Anyone can recommend me any good hotel with good food too? As my HTB really wish to have nice food serve to our guests.

bblyn

hi is any one holding wedding at village hotel katong? need some review as my wedding would be on 3 jan 2016

Mine's in Dec! :p we are entitled to marriage leave anyway. just that holidays are great to travel for long period without the need to take leave hehe!

Ah I see.. my friend made it seem that it was impossible to get married any other time except June, Nov and Dec. Lol

bblyn

Hi All
I'm looking for wedding montage service. Do PM or recommend if you have any good ones in mind
Thanks!!

eupgenie

Hello! Mine's nt at village hotel katong but at village hotel changi ☺

Hi Jas, how's the hotel? :) I like the settings.. will the hotel provide shuttle bus to pick up your guests? Its slightly inconvenient especially i have relatives who stay in the West.

Happ1

Mine is sept 2016..
I'm looking for hotel venue...
Anyone gg to hold their wedding at goodwood park ?
Any feedback ?

jas1207

Hi Jas, how's the hotel? :) I like the settings.. will the hotel provide shuttle bus to pick up your guests? Its slightly inconvenient especially i have relatives who stay in the West.
My wedding is oct 2016. E coordinator I previously liaise e had left. Hope e new one us as good. Nope, I didn't ask for tt Cos I assume most will cab or drive. But they did mention their shuttle is more ex so if u wan can check out e transport companies. I like e cosy feel of e hotel and it's outdoor venue. So excited!

eupgenie

My wedding is oct 2016. E coordinator I previously liaise e had left. Hope e new one us as good. Nope, I didn't ask for tt Cos I assume most will cab or drive. But they did mention their shuttle is more ex so if u wan can check out e transport companies. I like e cosy feel of e hotel and it's outdoor venue. So excited!

Mine is Oct too! 29th. How abt u? Yea i like the outdoor place where you can solemnise.. so dreamy hehhe.. all the best to the new coordinator whom you'll be dealing with! :)

jas1207

Mine is Oct too! 29th. How abt u? Yea i like the outdoor place where you can solemnise.. so dreamy hehhe.. all the best to the new coordinator whom you'll be dealing with! :)
Mine is 9 oct! Thanks! R u holding e solemnization on e same day too? How's yr preparations so far?

bblyn

Hello! Mine's nt at village hotel katong but at village hotel changi ☺
Hi..chooses katong as changi is inconvenience for my west side family.. wanted to know more about katong side but no review: ( might change of location.. how's ur preparation??

MiniRose

Hello... my first post over here. I was planning to have my banquet next year's May. But, the hotels of my choice had been taken up! >.<

MiniRose

Ramada, Copthorne King and Carlton.

The reasons of choosing Copthorne were because of their food and the price was within our budget.. Ramada was because their hotel was pretty new and centralized area..

Now, I am looking at Regent and York Hotel. But, between the two, I am more interested in Regent, though it's slightly out of our budget.

rac_gsm

hello BTBs, i really need your advise.. my HTB is from Malaysia a(about 3 hours drive from SG) and not sure how we can arrange for the customaries? My mum's not happy that i have to "marry" off in a hotel at his home town but he cant possibly come fetch me from SG then cross the custom to his hometown right? Anyone has the same experience or have friends who had done it differently?

TIA!

jas1207

Hi..chooses katong as changi is inconvenience for my west side family.. wanted to know more about katong side but no review: ( might change of location.. how's ur preparation??
I think I'm quite ahead of my preparation. Bridal shop settled. Pre ps next yr. Ad vg and pg settled. ^_^

kemise

I think I'm quite ahead of my preparation. Bridal shop settled. Pre ps next yr. Ad vg and pg settled. ^_^

good to be prepared early too! :) i managed to settle banquet venue, bridal gown rental, pre-wedding PG, AD PG+VG and this wekend settling the photobooth as well. Wedding bands bought and collected too :D now just having time to tie up some loose ends, waiting to print wedding invitation card etc. :D

jas1207

good to be prepared early too! :) i managed to settle banquet venue, bridal gown rental, pre-wedding PG, AD PG+VG and this wekend settling the photobooth as well. Wedding bands bought and collected too :D now just having time to tie up some loose ends, waiting to print wedding invitation card etc. :D
Wow! We are almost the same! When's yr ad?

jas1207

25 june 2016! :)
i scared i may miss out stuffs ... since we didn't engage wedding planner :X

when's yours ? :) :)
Mine is 9 oct 2016.
Now I'm planning my ps cum honeymoon itinerary. Going in feb 2016. Hav u took yrs?
Now im looking at deco vendor and dessert bar. Haha, sometimes feel I'm a kiasu bride!

kemise

Mine is 9 oct 2016.
Now I'm planning my ps cum honeymoon itinerary. Going in feb 2016. Hav u took yrs?
Now im looking at deco vendor and dessert bar. Haha, sometimes feel I'm a kiasu bride!

Oh haha my photoshoot is also gonna be a short pre honeymoon :) will be taking it in the same month as the wedding due to limitations in our leave schedule .. (And it's not even confirmed that my fiancé is able to take leave yet haha).
Wow I don't think I'll be having a deco/dessert vendor .. might just DIY simple ones on my own :) even the banquet manager told us not to hold any pre banquet canepes / dessert bar; but told us to bring our own snacks and self package it ourselves if not people might be too full before the actual event (because mine is lunch).

Haha good to slowly plan if not it's so overwhelming with so many things to consider @.@

jas1207

Oh haha my photoshoot is also gonna be a short pre honeymoon :) will be taking it in the same month as the wedding due to limitations in our leave schedule .. (And it's not even confirmed that my fiancé is able to take leave yet haha).
Wow I don't think I'll be having a deco/dessert vendor .. might just DIY simple ones on my own :) even the banquet manager told us not to hold any pre banquet canepes / dessert bar; but told us to bring our own snacks and self package it ourselves if not people might be too full before the actual event (because mine is lunch).

Haha good to slowly plan if not it's so overwhelming with so many things to consider @.@
Same mth?? Will it be in time for yr wedding? Where are u heading?
mine is also lunch!! I'll be doing tea ceremony and solemnization before e banquet. So approx my relatives need to reach ard 2 hrs before e banquet. I'm afraid they'll get hungry so was considering dessert bar.. I dunno hw to deco stuff so thinking get a vendor to help out. But not ex
Ya!! I had my budgeting and to do list drawn up!

kemise

Same mth?? Will it be in time for yr wedding? Where are u heading?
mine is also lunch!! I'll be doing tea ceremony and solemnization before e banquet. So approx my relatives need to reach ard 2 hrs before e banquet. I'm afraid they'll get hungry so was considering dessert bar.. I dunno hw to deco stuff so thinking get a vendor to help out. But not ex
Ya!! I had my budgeting and to do list drawn up!

Haha we intend to go NZ South Island for shoot:)

Oh I see, no wonder you'll want a dessert bar~ mine is lunch too! Gonna solemnize at 11am, reception at 12pm and lunch commences at 1pm:)

The photo album won't be ready by the banquet though.. I'm hoping to be able to fly during March holidays~ so it's less rushed.. But my fiancé cant confirm his leave schedule :( sigh..

As for deco wise, haha I went to buy this (attached) from taobao ~ bought those alphabet blocks from TYPO (outlet mall). And I believe the hotel will have decent deco so it's fine haha!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    701.2 KB · Views: 58

jas1207

Haha we intend to go NZ South Island for shoot:)

Oh I see, no wonder you'll want a dessert bar~ mine is lunch too! Gonna solemnize at 11am, reception at 12pm and lunch commences at 1pm:)

The photo album won't be ready by the banquet though.. I'm hoping to be able to fly during March holidays~ so it's less rushed.. But my fiancé cant confirm his leave schedule :( sigh..

As for deco wise, haha I went to buy this (attached) from taobao ~ bought those alphabet blocks from TYPO (outlet mall). And I believe the hotel will have decent deco so it's fine haha!
Wow! So unique from usual overseas ps! Yr fiancé is a teacher?
I thought abt doing it myself but worried it'll be too much work and I won't b free on the ad. I only considering to engage the vendor to decorate the album table, recep and solemnization. Hopefully it'll look nice!

kemise

Wow! So unique from usual overseas ps! Yr fiancé is a teacher?
I thought abt doing it myself but worried it'll be too much work and I won't b free on the ad. I only considering to engage the vendor to decorate the album table, recep and solemnization. Hopefully it'll look nice!

Haha I am a teacher.. but he isn't . but because his job is shift work, it's hard for him to take leave.. plus he will only start training in jul, and start work officially in feb, so taking leave during the march holidays might be a little difficult.
Haha care to share which demo company you are looking at? :)

jas1207

Haha I am a teacher.. but he isn't . but because his job is shift work, it's hard for him to take leave.. plus he will only start training in jul, and start work officially in feb, so taking leave during the march holidays might be a little difficult.
I'm looking at u & I wedding couture and from day till night. U can find them on fb! Gt it from fb recommendation.

tequila07

I'm also from the same fraternity as you are, and coincidentally u will be getting married on my birthday! Hehe congrats in advance!

You may wish to join the FB group 2015/2016 Brides to Be (BTB ) for more info :)

Nahcomments

Hello! Can you share which videography and photography services you engaged? My wedding is in next year Feb/Mar, still waiting for hotel's confirmation.

Nahcomments

Mine is sept 2016..
I'm looking for hotel venue...
Anyone gg to hold their wedding at goodwood park ?
Any feedback ?

I went to Goodwood Park for a site inspection twice with my HTB, comparing between Conrad and Goodwood Park but my HTB prefers Conrad.
Goodwood Park has a nice colonial feel and a private reception area if you have less than 22 tables in Tudor ballroom, but the reception area is a little cramped for 200 pax.
How many tables are you looking at?

Nahcomments

Hi I'm also a BTB in year 2016 however just started on everything (ie: looking for a gd date, bridal studio and most impt hotel venue). Anyone can recommend me any good hotel with good food too? As my HTB really wish to have nice food serve to our guests.

Haha same here, I only looking to confirm my hotel these two weeks. For hotels with good food, I suggest looking at hotels that serve food from chinese/cantonese restaurants. I heard Goodwood, Carlton and Conrad are pretty good. My friend who had her wedding at MBS also mentioned the food is pretty good for its price too.

Happ1

I went to Goodwood Park for a site inspection twice with my HTB, comparing between Conrad and Goodwood Park but my HTB prefers Conrad.
Goodwood Park has a nice colonial feel and a private reception area if you have less than 22 tables in Tudor ballroom, but the reception area is a little cramped for 200 pax.
How many tables are you looking at?

Have went down to GWP.. I have around 25 to 28 tables. I will be taking the big ballroom at GWP.
(Windsor ballroom) The stairs to the ballroom will be decorate with rose petals and candle.. ( super love ) considering to sign with GWP.. :)