(2016) 2016 brides

tulipkiss

We liaise with Ms Nur a malay lady. She's pleasant.. just that overall there is some lapse in response time. Yea we did ask abt floral arrangement.. she did say it can be arranged with their vendor at our own cost..

which venue did you choose in the end?

eupgenie

Mine March 2016, only start preparing now... Is it very late so far nothing is book yet??
Seems a bit tight... cos most my friends recommended to prepare at least 1 yr in advance. I think u should start hunting for the venue right nw~ come out with a rough guestlist first so you can zoom in all the venues based on the minimum number of tables. ☺

cc313

Seems a bit tight... cos most my friends recommended to prepare at least 1 yr in advance. I think u should start hunting for the venue right nw~ come out with a rough guestlist first so you can zoom in all the venues based on the minimum number of tables. ☺

Ohhhh no.... We are deciding the venue now... Shld hurry den.. =)

mandylove

Hello, everyone here seems to be discussing about hotel banquet. Anyone have any recommendations for restaurant banquet instead?
I'm looking for something like Alkaff Mansion.... Fine dining long table wedding banquet.

twinklez

hello everyone,

i am a 2016 BTB too! :)
currently sourcing for vg.. very often, we see wedding videos including the part where grooms wear their suits etc.. does anyone knows if that will require 2 vg ?

(pardon e noob qn!) thks!

hello everyone,

i am a 2016 BTB too! :)
currently sourcing for vg.. very often, we see wedding videos including the part where grooms wear their suits etc.. does anyone knows if that will require 2 vg ?

(pardon e noob qn!) thks!

My understanding is that the vg will all start at the girls house.. The part where the guy wear their suits is re-enacted when the girl goes to the guy's house for tea ceremony.

Hello, everyone here seems to be discussing about hotel banquet. Anyone have any recommendations for restaurant banquet instead?
I'm looking for something like Alkaff Mansion.... Fine dining long table wedding banquet.

Yes, I'm along searching for wedding venue.. But need serve Chinese food for the elders..

The Halia is a good choice! You can check it out

bonbons

Hi, anyone booked Alkaff Mansion for their venue as well? I've booked their 2nd level for my wedding dinner, as well as the Garden for my solemnization.
Any tips?
And mind sharing who are you liaising me? I am in contact with Veronica, who is their corporate sales manager, but I don't feel at ease with her. I've made my reservation with her since 12 May but till now I have not receive my agreement :/

mandylove

Hi, anyone booked Alkaff Mansion for their venue as well? I've booked their 2nd level for my wedding dinner, as well as the Garden for my solemnization.
Any tips?
And mind sharing who are you liaising me? I am in contact with Veronica, who is their corporate sales manager, but I don't feel at ease with her. I've made my reservation with her since 12 May but till now I have not receive my agreement :/

Hi Bonbon, I was liaising with Veronica previously as well but she doesn't sounds v enthu while serving us at the site recce. We had to keep prompting her questions.

When is your wedding?

My fiancé & I loved alkaff but the 2 room doors on level 2 is causing us headache cause we don't wanna put our guest in an enclose room. Just feels weird

syd25

Hi all, I'm a 2016 BTB too:)
Is it ok for the number of bridesmaids to be more than that of best men?

bonbons

Hi Bonbon, I was liaising with Veronica previously as well but she doesn't sounds v enthu while serving us at the site recce. We had to keep prompting her questions.

When is your wedding?

My fiancé & I loved alkaff but the 2 room doors on level 2 is causing us headache cause we don't wanna put our guest in an enclose room. Just feels weird

Hi Mandylove,
My wedding is May 2016.
Yeaps! Felt that Veronica isn't very enthu :/ she say agreement will be sent to me in 7 to 9 working days, but it had already been 13 working days. She didn't bother to follow up as well, I had to chase her for it.
That's why I don't feel at ease for her to coordinate my wedding.
Is there any other Alkaff Mansion BTB? Do you know if the sales manager will also be the coordinator? Is there another person that I can request to change to who is better?
Thx!

bubbaboo

just got the go-ahead from the boyfriend to start checking dates.. we were thinking about september 2016.. excited much! :)

Andes

Hi everyone

we are looking at Apr 2016 for church and banquet wedding.

Was rather keen to engage WMA for AD photography and videography, but the lady who responded to our email was not very friendly.
She will reply our emails in either a short phrase or a sentence and doesn't volunteer much information.
She arranged a meetup session for us with the photographer and we thought that the photographer was friendly and professional.

Despite that we are a bit apprehensive to engage their services as the photographer mentioned that he does mainly pre-wedding shoots so it really depends on who the lady coordinator allocate to us for AD.

Most probably looking for others instead.
Anyone with other affordable photog/video services to recommend pls?

sugaricing83

i'm a Mar btb. getting really stressed up cos there are like 101 things to be done plus the fact that our house is coming soon. We have secured the wedding venue, but we are still undecided if we wanna take a package with SG bridal shop, or find MY bridal shop, and source for AD photography, makeup, wedding gowns and suit on our own.

Plus we are thinking of doing our own candy bar. There is also car rental and the other logistics involved. OMG..

Casslow

Hi everyone

Was rather keen to engage WMA for AD photography and videography, but the lady who responded to our email was not very friendly.
She will reply our emails in either a short phrase or a sentence and doesn't volunteer much information.
She arranged a meetup session for us with the photographer and we thought that the photographer was friendly and professional.

Despite that we are a bit apprehensive to engage their services as the photographer mentioned that he does mainly pre-wedding shoots so it really depends on who the lady coordinator allocate to us for AD.

You can try Forest Productions. Their package price and works are quite competitive.

Casslow

i'm a Mar btb. getting really stressed up cos there are like 101 things to be done plus the fact that our house is coming soon. We have secured the wedding venue, but we are still undecided if we wanna take a package with SG bridal shop, or find MY bridal shop, and source for AD photography, makeup, wedding gowns and suit on our own.

Plus we are thinking of doing our own candy bar. There is also car rental and the other logistics involved. OMG..

March still got quite bit of time ma.. Clear ur checklist one by one first or get a wedding planner. Might cost bit to get a wedding planner but i think its definitely worth it.

Jiayou jiayou I'm a may bride also feel the rush to settle everything.

Studio wise I recommend that u get from sg.. In case of anything last min u don't have to take leave to go my

Andes

Jiayou jiayou I'm a may bride also feel the rush to settle everything.

Studio wise I recommend that u get from sg.. In case of anything last min u don't have to take leave to go my

I agree with Papercupcakes.
I have heard of couples going down to MY three times just to complete the pre-wedding photoshoot (due to poor weather).

Anyway for us we do not plan to engage a wedding planner. We have been searching around the internet for information on all the rituals (GDL, Dowry etc), timeline, to-do lists etc so i guess it really helps if you do a lot of planning and discuss everything in detail.

Was looking at ala-carte services so that we can customise everything to our liking, but reality hits and we realised that it is just too much work to liaise with so many people at the same time. Barely has enough time and resources to do so.

I guess at the end of it, it is either a wedding planner or just plan plan plan!

sugaricing83

I agree with Papercupcakes.
I have heard of couples going down to MY three times just to complete the pre-wedding photoshoot (due to poor weather).

Anyway for us we do not plan to engage a wedding planner. We have been searching around the internet for information on all the rituals (GDL, Dowry etc), timeline, to-do lists etc so i guess it really helps if you do a lot of planning and discuss everything in detail.

Was looking at ala-carte services so that we can customise everything to our liking, but reality hits and we realised that it is just too much work to liaise with so many people at the same time. Barely has enough time and resources to do so.

I guess at the end of it, it is either a wedding planner or just plan plan plan!

Thanks for the advises ladies. Sometimes I wonder all these is it necessary? Costs so much money and time for an one day event. :(
Anway, read through the thread and I quite like Acapella Productions and Twenty One Grams Photobooth as recommended by some brides earlier.

Also, any florist and car rental to recommend? Thanks.

Thanks for the advises ladies. Sometimes I wonder all these is it necessary? Costs so much money and time for an one day event. :(
Anway, read through the thread and I quite like Acapella Productions and Twenty One Grams Photobooth as recommended by some brides earlier.

Also, any florist and car rental to recommend? Thanks.

Haha I'm a florist :p

Anyway for studio I recommend 520 bridal I signed up for actual day photography and pre wedding..

hidamari

Hi everyone

I met up with the PG and VG himself. Who do u met?

Andes

I met up with the PG and VG himself. Who do u met?

Hi Hidamari

We met Andy.
A very nice and chatty guy who knows his stuff.
But he mentioned that he does mainly pre-wedding photoshoots, so I don't know about the AD PG and VG.

hidamari

Hi Andes, we also met Andy. But he told us he did everything. Majority of the wedding in the wma webbie are done by him.

I'm looking for a half day VG.

LinN27

Any brides engage wma production ?[/QUOTE

Hi, do not engage WMA, normal photography skill and especially the photo booth was done up shabbily. Photo editing very slow and you have to keep follow up again and again. Making up excuses of sending to wrong bride email, never admit their oversight. How can they send to wrong bride????
Very disappointed as review i found online was good before engaging. It's a very bad experience and regretful decision to save the bit of expenses and making myself so busy begging for my photo. I PAID and I'm BEGGING!