(2015) 2015 brides??

xueyu

Does anybody have recommendation for AD PG and AD VG?

Are their any couples who never engage VG for AD? I am not intending for gate crush and am thinking if a VG to capture the morning ceremony. Btw I am having lunch banquet.

I'm having a half day (6hr) SDE (same day edit), and I'm looking out for a few. Coz i'm under a very strict budget, i'm exploring Coffee and Tea Dreamzcoffee. Initially wanted WMA, but don't really like their style, although they are only $800 for 6hrs.

I'm having a half day (6hr) SDE (same day edit), and I'm looking out for a few. Coz i'm under a very strict budget, i'm exploring Coffee and Tea Dreamzcoffee. Initially wanted WMA, but don't really like their style, although they are only $800 for 6hrs.

I'm also just looking for half day VG, just for the gatecrash :D VG have to go ala-carte I think, I asked around during BOWS, they are mostly middleman and charge a crazy $1.5K :eek:

Pillowcase

Hey guys, I'm curious.

Do you think it's necessary to have the gate-crash - can we just fetch the bride peacefully, then tea ceremony? Haha.

Both sides are fine with the arrangement. Will this opting out make the wedding any less fun or memorable? Give me your feedbacks please!

Hey guys, I'm curious.

Do you think it's necessary to have the gate-crash - can we just fetch the bride peacefully, then tea ceremony? Haha.

Both sides are fine with the arrangement. Will this opting out make the wedding any less fun or memorable? Give me your feedbacks please!

It's really up to you, if both sides are fine, then don't have it. What matters most is the couple being happy :D

I think how memorable a wedding can be depends on how you view it. Simple also can be memorable..

Pillowcase

It's really up to you, if both sides are fine, then don't have it. What matters most is the couple being happy :D

I know... But does it make it less memorable - and gate-crashing makes the groom "understand" the obstacles and hardship of attaining the wife?
Haha.. I just realised if I opt the gate-crashing out, there will be bigger savings for PG and VG as they don't have to come for so many hours. Tsktsk.

traciee

I know... But does it make it less memorable - and gate-crashing makes the groom "understand" the obstacles and hardship of attaining the wife?
Haha.. I just realised if I opt the gate-crashing out, there will be bigger savings for PG and VG as they don't have to come for so many hours. Tsktsk.

You yourself should be able to determine whether it will be 'less memorable'. And i dont think guys will think of gatecrash as understanding the obstacles n hardships. To them its just the sisters having their fun in disturbing him n his brothers. Haha.
And yup. U will save quite abit without the services u mentioned...

I personally am opting out for the gatecrashing n stuffs but i have never once worried that it might make my wedding less memorable. :)

So at the end of the day? Its still up to individual...

alyooop

Personally I don't see the point of it. Testing the groom of his sincerity? I'm sure that's been done during the whole dating period if not u wouldn't be getting married now right. Make him understand hardship of "attaining" you? So if he doesn't want to go through with it will you not show up at rom/customary? And I think we've already "attained" each other when we decided to be exclusive/apply for hdb/engaged.

Lots of guys see it as troublesome and just a couple of hours of humiliation esp when the girls get overboard with the games. Whether it's meaningful or not is how u make it and what u and your htb think of it, if u do decide to go ahead. If you didn't budget for it in the first place, it's kind of a sign that it's not diediemustdo to u subconsciously. Sorry if I sound like a big splash of cold water, it's just how I feel from the gatecrashes I've seen and the stories I've heard.

But if u wanna do it, find out his limit and make your helpers agree to it so he and his buddies don't end up pissed and with possible stomachache from eating weird concoctions.

Pillowcase

Yeah, I think there's a lot of mixed reviews on this. Chill guys!

I have a reasonable budget for the wedding, but pertaining to gate-crashing (I did not want it in the first place because I've seen so many videos of the groom and brothers being tortured etc).

What I meant was my mom actually said it was customary. Which I feel she meant was more towards fetching of the bride etc.

hidamari

anybody engage or any reviews on RedEye Heartfelt Moments Photography and Video Filming For Wedding?
their package are affordable.

alyooop

Yeah, I think there's a lot of mixed reviews on this. Chill guys!

I have a reasonable budget for the wedding, but pertaining to gate-crashing (I did not want it in the first place because I've seen so many videos of the groom and brothers being tortured etc).

What I meant was my mom actually said it was customary. Which I feel she meant was more towards fetching of the bride etc.
Hmm u could still do it the full thing as part of the fetching, but do more fun games instead of embarrassing ones? If no games then maybe no vg since will be short but have pg so at least have photos?

If you're worried about them being tortured then have to make sure your helpers don't overdo it. I've heard a few stories where they say will be nice but in the end get carried away and got rowdy and disrespectful since the bride not outside to control them.

traciee

Hmm u could still do it the full thing as part of the fetching, but do more fun games instead of embarrassing ones? If no games then maybe no vg since will be short but have pg so at least have photos?

If you're worried about them being tortured then have to make sure your helpers don't overdo it. I've heard a few stories where they say will be nice but in the end get carried away and got rowdy and disrespectful since the bride not outside to control them.

One of my gf's wedding, the sisters overdid the whole gatecrash process and went way too far till the band od brothers n groom got pissed. They didnt show it there on the spot and spoil the mood tho. But could see that they just didnt wanna play anymore.
The problem with some gatecrashing is that some ladies go WAY overboard. They just get too carried away...

Pillowcase

I see a lot of gate-crashes whereby (almost) certainly there is 1 segment there is always sexually-orientated. Like fill condense milk into a condom and ask the bros to bite open it? Or even wearing a bra with milk teat there for the brothers to drink the contents... uh... I feel bad for them.

lerlaine

Hey guys, I'm curious.

I am not going to have any gate crash as i do not see any meaning to it. Of coz it depends on invidvidual, if both are agreeable, y not?
I don't think i find it fun or meaningful to see my htb getting tortured or humiliated, i think he have his fair share of torturing (thankfully no humiliation yet) being his fren's brother. And yup, i agree that humiliation is a nono, when some goes overboard and spoil the mood, that's definitely not fun but yes very very memorable (in a bad way of coz).

Anyway i heard that gate crashing is a cantonese tradition, im not a cantonese, y should i follow just coz everyone around me is doing it right?

Its your wedding, if you think you are fine without gate crash, go ahead. Don't have to do it just coz everyone is doing it :)

lerlaine

One of my gf's wedding, the sisters overdid the whole gatecrash process and went way too far till the band od brothers n groom got pissed. They didnt show it there on the spot and spoil the mood tho. But could see that they just didnt wanna play anymore.
The problem with some gatecrashing is that some ladies go WAY overboard. They just get too carried away...

Not enough coordination between the bride and the sisters i guess?
Sometimes i really do not understand why the bride allows her sisters to humiliate the groom (unless the bride doesnt know?) or why would the sisters want to do that? (would these sisters want to be humiliated in the same way? not very understanding bunch of friends huh?)

I have also seen so many people getting sisters just to fill numbers. What's the point?

traciee

Not enough coordination between the bride and the sisters i guess?
Sometimes i really do not understand why the bride allows her sisters to humiliate the groom (unless the bride doesnt know?) or why would the sisters want to do that? (would these sisters want to be humiliated in the same way? not very understanding bunch of friends huh?)

I have also seen so many people getting sisters just to fill numbers. What's the point?

Its more like would the sisters want their husbands to be treated this way too? I know it's all for the fun and entertainment for the guests.. but u need not go all the way that far just for 'entertainment'.
Then again i do have female friends who said that gatecrash die die must have or else wedding no meaning alr. weird logic. So in order for ur wedding to have meaning, u must let ur hub go thru all the humiliation and 'stupid' games?

Or maybe im just someone against such gatecrashing activities. Hahahaha.

lerlaine

Its more like would the sisters want their husbands to be treated this way too? I know it's all for the fun and entertainment for the guests.. but u need not go all the way that far just for 'entertainment'.
Then again i do have female friends who said that gatecrash die die must have or else wedding no meaning alr. weird logic. So in order for ur wedding to have meaning, u must let ur hub go thru all the humiliation and 'stupid' games?

Or maybe im just someone against such gatecrashing activities. Hahahaha.

Well that makes 2 here, lol!

I have female friends who say the same thing as well, doh i have no idea why no gatecrash means no meaning.
I got so many people telling me off for not having gate crash, truth is i don't really care what they do, if they find meaning to it, fine go ahead, there's nth wrong to do it, but don't come and tell me what to do, because this is my wedding. I decide what i want to do.

traciee

Well that makes 2 here, lol!

I have female friends who say the same thing as well, doh i have no idea why no gatecrash means no meaning.
I got so many people telling me off for not having gate crash, truth is i don't really care what they do, if they find meaning to it, fine go ahead, there's nth wrong to do it, but don't come and tell me what to do, because this is my wedding. I decide what i want to do.

SAME! i have friends saying like 'why no gatecrash?? That's like the most exciting n fun part of the whole wedding!!!' The only thing i tell them is - 'the most exciting part about my wedding is that that is the day which signifies my htb and me as man n wife'

All say i spoil the fun. Gah.

G&Z

I always feel gatecrashing can be fun and less torturing if you have the right "sisters".. for my best fren's wedding, I was the sister... I plan the games...

For brothers, I ask them to drink black coffee without sugar or milk... and biscuits with smashed century egg... the brothers was telling me its yummy

for the groom, i ask him to eat sour, spicy, sweet and bitter but all in shot glasses and no mixture.. he do it without complaints...

we played Q&A and they were so confident thinking that I am asking abt the bride's details, end up I ask 10 questions on Man U football club (it was the groom's fav team)

everyone had fun and they told me they enjoyed the Q&A... so I think it's really up to individuals... just don't go overboard... and unless u can eat the concoctions that you make, if not dont force it to the brothers and groom...

to end it, I'm going to have a gatecrash but i will make sure it will fun and no degrading stuff....

the bf told me he's game and he even thot of a plan to "convince" my sisters to open the door for him...

:)

lerlaine

SAME! i have friends saying like 'why no gatecrash?? That's like the most exciting n fun part of the whole wedding!!!' The only thing i tell them is - 'the most exciting part about my wedding is that that is the day which signifies my htb and me as man n wife'

All say i spoil the fun. Gah.

Yea, totally agree! Don't have to care about what other people say.
Most important thing is both you and your htb are happy with the decisions you guys make together.
Its just preference anyway, nothing wrong doin it, but nothin wrong not doin as well :)

G&Z

Yea, totally agree! Don't have to care about what other people say.
Most important thing is both you and your htb are happy with the decisions you guys make together.
Its just preference anyway, nothing wrong doin it, but nothin wrong not doin as well :)
agree

lerlaine

I always feel gatecrashing can be fun and less torturing if you have the right "sisters".. for my best fren's wedding, I was the sister... I plan the games...

For brothers, I ask them to drink black coffee without sugar or milk... and biscuits with smashed century egg... the brothers was telling me its yummy

for the groom, i ask him to eat sour, spicy, sweet and bitter but all in shot glasses and no mixture.. he do it without complaints...

we played Q&A and they were so confident thinking that I am asking abt the bride's details, end up I ask 10 questions on Man U football club (it was the groom's fav team)

everyone had fun and they told me they enjoyed the Q&A... so I think it's really up to individuals... just don't go overboard... and unless u can eat the concoctions that you make, if not dont force it to the brothers and groom...

to end it, I'm going to have a gatecrash but i will make sure it will fun and no degrading stuff....

the bf told me he's game and he even thot of a plan to "convince" my sisters to open the door for him...

:)

Nice to hear that you are one of those understanding sisters who doesnt mix food, doesnt do degrading things and not goin overboard in the process..
I guess its about planning it right if you are doing gatecrashing. :)

xueyu

On my friend's wedding, I was the sister. ALL the games were thought out by the bride herself. The sour, bitter, sweet, spicy were also thought out by the bride. The bride made the brothers lick cream off each other's body parts such as nipples, armpits...but the brothers were quite on, and had alot of fun

for myself, no such disgusting acts. bf already said...tekan in the morning, at night he will tekan me. LoL. he's ok with eating weird stuff but intending to make it funny. no condoms or bra or dangling bananas. :)

traciee

I was also one of the sister for my friend's wedding too. I didnt do any planning of the games tho. The bride and the other 5 sisters planned it out. They did all those banana dangling thingy cause they knew the groom n his bros very on one. They not scared of embarrassment or anything. They even kissed during one of the games hahahah. Problem was, the sisters wanted to go tough on the brothers and when they played back by forcing their way into the house, one of the sisters got angry and shouted.... and cried. All the relatives there had to comfort her.

The whole gatrcrash still went on but got shortened. Lol

alyooop

I was also one of the sister for my friend's wedding too. I didnt do any planning of the games tho. The bride and the other 5 sisters planned it out. They did all those banana dangling thingy cause they knew the groom n his bros very on one. They not scared of embarrassment or anything. They even kissed during one of the games hahahah. Problem was, the sisters wanted to go tough on the brothers and when they played back by forcing their way into the house, one of the sisters got angry and shouted.... and cried. All the relatives there had to comfort her.

The whole gatrcrash still went on but got shortened. Lol
O.O wa... Sometimes just gotta take a step back and remember that it's the bride's day and don't make it personal. The brides should know her friends' personalities enough to prempt them if they are the do stunt kind.

Reactions: G&Z

G&Z

Nice to hear that you are one of those understanding sisters who doesnt mix food, doesnt do degrading things and not goin overboard in the process..
I guess its about planning it right if you are doing gatecrashing. :)

I think there are more girls out there are like me.. I mean why make it so ugly and unhapoy and end up everyone is upset... It's like u also won't like people to do that to u right..

hippo_woody

I got no gatecrash. Too troublesome to search for JMs & XDs and to plan meetup with them over the gatecrash & morning segment thingy. Most of our peers already have kids & "bo eng" to do this. Neither do I wan them to carry their breastpump ard, worrying abt storage & stuff. My fiancé's peers all old le, way past 40, comes with slipped disc, blah blah. Nothing much we can do with the gatecrash thou.

But he did jokingly suggest I go pick him up & go thru the gatecrash. Told him I'm game for it, as long he squeeze in my WG & act pretty in the room. Keke...

Using SingaporeBrides app

G&Z

that's a very good idea!

Synee

Hippo_woody, that is such a creative and fun idea. Will be the most unique and entertaining gate crashing ever!!!

hippo_woody

Lol!!! No lah, he won't dare to.
Easier for me to gatecrash him than him wear the WG. And I can't imagine the men act as door bitch. Think b4 I reach the room, I'll be laughing myself silly le.

eiko

I don't intend to have gate crash too...I'm glad I found some like minded souls! Oh but I did see a video that the groom dressed up as an emperor...quite interesting!

eiko

By the way, I saw an interesting livestudios photobooth, the pricing is $1588 I think for 4 hours. They will go round the entire wedding lunch/dinner taking photos and doing instant projection plus printouts.

eiko

i think so... we did not really pay attention.. I think it include pre wedding shoot (sorry, cannot remember!)... the guy like a bit no mood to serve us.. maybe becoz my dearest bf said he doesnt like the photos so he do not wan the photography package...

Bridal Veil is $3980, wedding gown and evening is MTM (evening gown to keep), 2 veils, make ups, Kua/tea dress/bridemaids' dresses for rent (choose one if require), Groom, suit and dress shirt is MTM too (to keep)...

if we want the pre wedding shoot will be $5980 with avenue 8

Oh the pricing for Bridal Veil is less steep than Ted Wu if I didn't remember wrongly. So sorry if you had mentioned in previous threads, but which bridal did you sign up with in the end?

hippo_woody

By the way, I saw an interesting livestudios photobooth, the pricing is $1588 I think for 4 hours. They will go round the entire wedding lunch/dinner taking photos and doing instant projection plus printouts.

I'm considering that (roaming PG with instant print) or instaprint coz of space constraint to set-up the photobooth (depending on my venue). Saw them in action b4 at friends' wedding. Fast printing & pro!
I'm kinda anal abt how fast they can print out the pic & deliver it to the guest. I ever attend wedding where the printer stuck, staff v lost. End up many guest didn't get their instant print, I waited 30mins after dinner end just for the prints. I dunno how the couple deal with the physical prints, maybe post it to guest or put it aside. I know I'll be disappointed if this happened at my wedding.
Thus far, from the wedding I attended, Livestudio & Mojoideas r good. Fast & good quality prints.

alyooop

Lol!!! No lah, he won't dare to.
Easier for me to gatecrash him than him wear the WG. And I can't imagine the men act as door bitch. Think b4 I reach the room, I'll be laughing myself silly le.

Hahaha that will be really memorable and unique! Now I'm kinda hoping someone tries this in the future, even if just to act act a bit for photos =P

Hi Jennifer, I have 3 friends who signed up for Yvonne. They all have mixed reviews.

I was personally with 1 of them thru-out her choosing of gowns and pre-wed shoot. The pg attitude was terrible! He kept hinting to my friend she was fat and the photos not nice cos of her. She hated the experience. The photos turned out so cheapo looking that anyone with basic photoshop knowledge can do better.

3 years after, another 2 friends signed up with them but they said they quite like their quality. Their works have improved, that's for sure. Thankfully, that rude pg quit so I guess quality is better now.

Hi Rachelyn,

Thanks for the info. I guess i will have to try my luck to see if i meet a nice co-ordinator to recommend me a good PG. T.T

Actually i heard one of my friends that the bride went over to the groom house for gatecrush. I guess its something special for them and the peers as the brothers will not be harsh on the girls as well.
So i suppose is a win win situation ?? Haha.

G&Z

Oh the pricing for Bridal Veil is less steep than Ted Wu if I didn't remember wrongly. So sorry if you had mentioned in previous threads, but which bridal did you sign up with in the end?

what I know is if you want a tulle gown (more materials) or even more crystals, you will need to top up another 1k...

In the end I signed with Calla

rachelyn

Actually i heard one of my friends that the bride went over to the groom house for gatecrush. I guess its something special for them and the peers as the brothers will not be harsh on the girls as well.
So i suppose is a win win situation ?? Haha.
Ya! Nowadays the brothers also wanna sabo the sisters. My friend's wedding also like that. The sisters kena from the brothers after they sabo-ed the boys. But not so harsh, just mild sabo. Only gave them weird food to eat, no unglam actions or dancing haha.

Ya! Nowadays the brothers also wanna sabo the sisters. My friend's wedding also like that. The sisters kena from the brothers after they sabo-ed the boys. But not so harsh, just mild sabo. Only gave them weird food to eat, no unglam actions or dancing haha.

haha , I think it kinda balance out. Cause both parties will not think of unglam things if they don't wanna get sabo by each side. Maybe it will be that way for the future gatecrush.

rachelyn

I feel that gatecrash is to get the newly-weds' brothers and sisters to get involved to have some fun. Also creates a more casual moment for the newly-weds in case they are nervous. Most importantly, communication between the couple on what-can and what-cannot do is needed. We wouldn't want the groom to feel he was intentionally embarrassed during the morning ceremony.

I've been a sister for a few times, quite experienced already. Usually sisters who are not anywhere near marriage are usually the ones who are more crazy, wanna do over-the-limit kinda games cos they only see the fun part of it. Bride will have to inform them the limit, taking the elders' thoughts into considerations as well. Cos I ever hear of weddings whereby the elders were very unhappy with the gatecrash games. Not very nice.

It really depends on the bride and groom on how they want the gatecrash to be like. So as brothers and sisters, we shall respect their decision and leave them good memories on their big day :)

KristalXS

Anyone planning wedding on 28 Sept and have not booked banquet yet?
I've got a booking on 28 Sept for 25 table at Grand Park City Hall.

mcpig

Brides/Grooms who want to maintain the fun factor but not the embarrassment can consider doing a jiemeis VS xiongdis game time, or have a theme and create games relating to the theme.

iamsharon

Hi Jennifer, I have 3 friends who signed up for Yvonne. They all have mixed reviews.

I was personally with 1 of them thru-out her choosing of gowns and pre-wed shoot. The pg attitude was terrible! He kept hinting to my friend she was fat and the photos not nice cos of her. She hated the experience. The photos turned out so cheapo looking that anyone with basic photoshop knowledge can do better.

3 years after, another 2 friends signed up with them but they said they quite like their quality. Their works have improved, that's for sure. Thankfully, that rude pg quit so I guess quality is better now.

Think they can't exchange for too much, probably can try asking for more complimentary carpark and helper's room free night stay.

I was looking for ROM venues and AD PG & VG at Bows. My other stuff more or less settled. But I guess I'm quite lucky cos I didn't really meet pushy sales people. I merely told them "I've signed already" then they just say thanks and changed target.

Btw, anyone heard of Pierre Ooi Photography? Can share your experiences?
I've signed with them for ROM PG, AD PG and AD photobooth instant prints. Fiance and I were drawn to their style of photography. Plus, the boss Pierre was very friendly and flexible with his rates. But just a bit paranoid that they might deliver a different attitude afterwards...

hi Rachelyn, can share ur package with pierre ooi for AD? thanks

ChezzieL

Hi BTBs! I have a Digio AD package to let go due to some changes in plans. Willing to let go of the deposit at a lower price.
PM me or let me know your email add if interested!