(2015) 2015 brides??

mcpig

Not sure what I am looking for .. Maybe some greens like hort park .. Or some cafés.. Need to go recee and also trying to research more locations so I can plan the route and save time.. Now I am thinking if I should just change all to outdoor shoot ... But my package was 2 indoor gown n 2 outdoor gown .. Erm..

Oh this will be challenging cos usually the outdoor range and indoor range is different. and Bridal studios won't let you use indoor gowns for outdoor shots.

reecia

Did anyone opt for indoor shoot only? My hubby doesnt like photo taking. .. especially going outdoor. . Complain hot etc... wonder if I should just opt for indoor shoot :(

zrhs

Did anyone opt for indoor shoot only? My hubby doesnt like photo taking. .. especially going outdoor. . Complain hot etc... wonder if I should just opt for indoor shoot :(
you can go for outdoor "indoor" shoot like to blisshouse cafe, fullhouse restuarant, MBS ...

if just fully indoor shoots, i think the BS must have alots of background/scene and props to make the photo look nice. Like those Korea photoshoot. Else with plain color background there will maybe missing abit of fun. But still able to create romantic feel.

So its just depend what style you want / can accept.

ChubbyDi

which project? mine's compassvale mast
Hi there!

My BTO is also Compassvale Mast too! Can see the blocks gradually coming up! Sure hope can move in earlier!
Btw, I'm a Nov 2015 bride-to-be. Have booked my solemnization and lunch banquet at Amara Sanctuary Sentosa and signed up with Z-wedding/ CL photography for bridal package. Left AD photographer and still thinking if I should hire a videographer. Have thoughts of doing a pre-wedding video too cos think it'll be fun and memorable but my fiancé is not keen,

Anyone considering to do per-wedding video?

reecia

you can go for outdoor "indoor" shoot like to blisshouse cafe, fullhouse restuarant, MBS ...

if just fully indoor shoots, i think the BS must have alots of background/scene and props to make the photo look nice. Like those Korea photoshoot. Else with plain color background there will maybe missing abit of fun. But still able to create romantic feel.

So its just depend what style you want / can accept.

I also dont know what style.. was thinking to go cute/ retro since once in a lifetime .. but he always think i like to make him look silly hahahaha... For those location, do we need to rent that place for photoshoot? I was also thinking of supermarket etc since we like to do grocery shopping but wonder how to go about doing at those places..

mcpig

I also dont know what style.. was thinking to go cute/ retro since once in a lifetime .. but he always think i like to make him look silly hahahaha... For those location, do we need to rent that place for photoshoot? I was also thinking of supermarket etc since we like to do grocery shopping but wonder how to go about doing at those places..

Hi Babe, for restaurants/cafes, call prior to going down and ask them about it. Some require a minimum spending and some requires a small fee which will be offset from future F&B visits etc. For Supermarkets/ shopping malls, it is not necessary, you can just go ahead.

reecia

Hi Babe, for restaurants/cafes, call prior to going down and ask them about it. Some require a minimum spending and some requires a small fee which will be offset from future F&B visits etc. For Supermarkets/ shopping malls, it is not necessary, you can just go ahead.

Thanks for the advice. So exciting. . Planning to check out Sophia tomorrow. And la bella couture...hope I can find what I like.

reecia

Happy :) settled bridal shop.. hotel .. Think just sit back and relax till oct when they ask me to go check out gown.

Starleaf

Thanks! Will definitely check them out. Do u have any details on their packages?
Below is the details :
HD video coverage on wedding day (AD).
Single camera coverage on a single day (no split-days).
Minimum 8 hours coverage for weekends, minimum 6 hours coverage on weekdays
.Complimentary morning highlights video to be screened at the wedding dinner (requires min. 6 hr editing time)
Evening highlights to be added after the wedding.
NEW! Option to add pre-wedding segment for $500 (to shoot on a weekday)
Edited DVDs x 3 sets Raw footage on DVD (no editing) x 2 sets
Early-morning or late-night surcharge at $100/hr before 7AM or after 11:30 PM

It's at $200/hr.

tulipkiss

what can we do if there is double booking for banquet?
original venue "compensated" by booking another venue in the vicinity :/

traciee

what can we do if there is double booking for banquet?
original venue "compensated" by booking another venue in the vicinity :/

oh dear..i heard of someone at another forum mentioning that his banquet was double booked too...

which venue are u referring to?

tulipkiss

oh dear..i heard of someone at another forum mentioning that his banquet was double booked too...

which venue are u referring to?

Goodness, never heard before... Which hotel is this?

how was his case settled?
not sure whether it's convenient to reveal the name of the venue. maybe wait for my friend to reveal it here herself soon.
it's one of the worst things that can happened to a weding couple imo :( less than 3 months to AD..

mcpig

not sure whether it's convenient to reveal the name of the venue. maybe wait for my friend to reveal it here herself soon.
it's one of the worst things that can happened to a weding couple imo :( less than 3 months to AD..

Ask for compensation, if the contract was signed, they have every right to ask for compensation for the situation.

traciee

the thread has been removed already.. but i found another similar case at singaporebrides as well http://singaporebrides.com/weddingf...led-booked-need-advise-urgently-please.17362/

it's really very unfortunate :( considering how venue is one of the hardest thing to secure..

tulipkiss

Ask for compensation, if the contract was signed, they have every right to ask for compensation for the situation.

what kind of compensation can they get? currently, they are offered a substitute hotel venue, and difference in pricing will be compensated.

CASE wouldn't be able to do much right? considering that CASE gives the original venue 2 weeks for reply each time. by the time an agreement is reached through CASE, the AD alr over :(

tulipkiss

the thread has been removed already.. but i found another similar case at singaporebrides as well http://singaporebrides.com/weddingf...led-booked-need-advise-urgently-please.17362/

it's really very unfortunate :( considering how venue is one of the hardest thing to secure..

thanks that's a helpful thread. i guess my friend was already offered proper "compensation".. just that it's not a nice feeling to have the banquet venue changed so close to the AD. even though the alternative/new hotel package may be pricier, it is not her first choice of venue regardless. really quite a trauma to her. so i was wondering if there can be other forms of compensation still.

G&Z

Hope ur fren has sorted it out..

Choosing a coordinator also so much problem..

Using SingaporeBrides app

zrhs

Fretting issue.. Just realized another bride is using same MUA for her AD while mine is PS on the same day... How possible for MUA to be back for my PS at 9am? Chatted with the other bride that she may only ask MUA to reach her place at 8am. Also she need MUA to reach her hotel at 5pm for her night makeup and stay till 2nd march in... This means I am also unable to request MUA along to outdoor shoot and she will also be very rushing and tired .. Afraid that she will be under perform.. Had already msg my coordinator as she is oversea now, telling her I want to bring the MUA out but didn't tell her I knew someone is using her on the same day .. The other bride also contacted her coordinator regarding this and her coordinator her to tell me to wait until my coordinator is back!

I didn't want to screw her AD... But I also don't wished mine to be screwed !!

What will you do for such case?? Haiz sian !

G&Z

Fretting issue.. Just realized another bride is using same MUA for her AD while mine is PS on the same day... How possible for MUA to be back for my PS at 9am? Chatted with the other bride that she may only ask MUA to reach her place at 8am. Also she need MUA to reach her hotel at 5pm for her night makeup and stay till 2nd march in... This means I am also unable to request MUA along to outdoor shoot and she will also be very rushing and tired .. Afraid that she will be under perform.. Had already msg my coordinator as she is oversea now, telling her I want to bring the MUA out but didn't tell her I knew someone is using her on the same day .. The other bride also contacted her coordinator regarding this and her coordinator her to tell me to wait until my coordinator is back!

I didn't want to screw her AD... But I also don't wished mine to be screwed !!

What will you do for such case?? Haiz sian !

Able to change the MUA?

HappiLi

Erm I still want her as she is the most famous MUA in the bs.. The most reschedule but the feeling is not good ...

(2014 bride kaypo-ing here) Reschedule sounds like a good idea for both u and the other bride if ur schedule is flexible.. And pls try to make them ensure there's no such issue for your AD!!

My mua has 3 AD brides on the same day! Three!! THREEEE!! It sounds like a horror story.. *hyperventilates* the mua and the bs keep telling me it will be ok.. I'm quite reluctant to change mua.. But.. Sigh.. Still thinking abt whether to change and if yes, to another one from the bs or a freelance one..

reecia

(2014 bride kaypo-ing here) Reschedule sounds like a good idea for both u and the other bride if ur schedule is flexible.. And pls try to make them ensure there's no such issue for your AD!!

My mua has 3 AD brides on the same day! Three!! THREEEE!! It sounds like a horror story.. *hyperventilates* the mua and the bs keep telling me it will be ok.. I'm quite reluctant to change mua.. But.. Sigh.. Still thinking abt whether to change and if yes, to another one from the bs or a freelance one..
Omg... 3??? How will she manage

G&Z

Erm I still want her as she is the most famous MUA in the bs.. The most reschedule but the feeling is not good ...

I understand, let see what does ur coordinator says when she is back..

reecia

Congrats Traciee.

Actually i am kind of lost ahhaha signed package last week and now not sure what i am looking forward to... The bridal shop say will contact me in Oct for fitting.. photoshoot prob in Jan before new year.. hotel also say will contact me in Oct or few mths before wedding...

SHaking leg now i guess.. waiting for house to come in Aug/Sept.. where everything comes at the same time!!! >_<

traciee

so fast?? who did you engage? can rest abit liao

Digio bridal! I actually shortlisted digio n labelle.. went down to take a look but labelle didnt even bother to entertain me n my cousin when we were standing outside their shop for quite awhile :/ digio was good! Staff was friendly too.. and I tried on like around 10 gowns before deciding to sign the package! :D

Congrats Traciee.

Actually i am kind of lost ahhaha signed package last week and now not sure what i am looking forward to... The bridal shop say will contact me in Oct for fitting.. photoshoot prob in Jan before new year.. hotel also say will contact me in Oct or few mths before wedding...

SHaking leg now i guess.. waiting for house to come in Aug/Sept.. where everything comes at the same time!!! >_<

Relax relax!! Don't stress yourself out! Your house is coming way before your AD? Or you going to ROM first?

reecia

Digio bridal! I actually shortlisted digio n labelle.. went down to take a look but labelle didnt even bother to entertain me n my cousin when we were standing outside their shop for quite awhile :/ digio was good! Staff was friendly too.. and I tried on like around 10 gowns before deciding to sign the package! :D

Relax relax!! Don't stress yourself out! Your house is coming way before your AD? Or you going to ROM first?

Yes! I have the same experience for Labella!!!! Annoyed & left the shop.. went to Digio too as they were so friendly! I love their service! :)

Yes my PCD will be end Aug (as per HDB website).. which i was quite skeptical about it :D I had my ROM done last Jul.. haha at least one thing cleared. .i thought by doing that i will be less stress but actually not much difference at all since everything will still happen around the same time

reecia

Yea.. i like their service but end up i sign with Sophia hahaha
Cuz my fren was there with me & she used them before.

Hi there, has anyone engaged floral deco additional to those provided by hotel? I'm signing with Four Seasons and am thinking of getting a vendor to do up the ballroom a bit..

traciee

its seem there are many digio brides here.!

Hehe yup!! You're from digio too right? Hehe

Yes! I have the same experience for Labella!!!! Annoyed & left the shop.. went to Digio too as they were so friendly! I love their service! :)

Yes my PCD will be end Aug (as per HDB website).. which i was quite skeptical about it :D I had my ROM done last Jul.. haha at least one thing cleared. .i thought by doing that i will be less stress but actually not much difference at all since everything will still happen around the same time

Ahhh. At least you've done your ROM! You're gonna do your house reno after wedding or concurrently?